Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Joe Allen (Swansea City)

Read 75361 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Joe Allen (Swansea City)
      Reply #46: Jun 01, 2012 03:02:47 pm
      I'd love to have both Allen and Sigurdsson

I think you guys are underestimating how good Allen already is

Maybe I'm being unfair cause I didn't watch Hendo for Sunderland so I don't know if he looked better there, and whether Allen would feel the pressure at LFC, but I believe he's a superior player at the moment
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #47: Jun 01, 2012 03:14:49 pm
      I think Allen is very inconsistent. Even a lot of Swansea fans wouldn't be that adverse to selling him for about £10 million. When he shows up he's a very good player, but he has a nack of letting games go past him.

Doesn't matter anyway, we won't be able to sign him for at least a year.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #48: Jun 01, 2012 04:08:55 pm
      I think Allen is very inconsistent. Even a lot of Swansea fans wouldn't be that adverse to selling him for about £10 million. When he shows up he's a very good player, but he has a nack of letting games go past him.

He got the highest average match rating out of every other Swansea player. Not to mention his 90% passing accuracy. Tell me how you can have a percentage like that and not be consistent, if he was inconsistent he would have a much lower passing accuracy. Besides from the games I saw him he played great in every single one.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Jun 01, 2012 05:10:10 pm
      As much as I'd like to have him, Huw Jenkins has said we can't sign Swansea players for 12 months, so this thread is now a bit pointless. :(
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #50: Jun 01, 2012 07:51:04 pm
      If we got him for 8 million would be a good deal. Good player great passer of the ball. Adam to go for 6 million. Nice.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Jun 02, 2012 10:50:59 pm

Indeed. Might as well lock it up.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #52: Jun 03, 2012 11:36:17 pm

Maybe I'm being unfair cause I didn't watch Hendo for Sunderland so I don't know if he looked better there, and whether Allen would feel the pressure at LFC, but I believe he's a superior player at the moment

Just out of curiosity Diego, how many Swansea games have you watched this Season to come to this conclusion?. Just a question.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #53: Jun 04, 2012 12:18:45 am
      Would really like Allen. Simple yet effective and with many years ahead of him. Rather him than Clint Dempsey who's too old for me.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #54: Jun 04, 2012 12:22:23 am
      Why not? He is a proven Premier League player after last season. Having watched him a lot last season, I believe he can be absolutely world class! He was the catalyst in Swansea's magnificent passing displays last season! Brenny Brenny SIGN HIM UP! 15m would be nothing in a few years, when Real and the likes will be coming knocking with 30m + offers for the lad. Watch this space!
      We"ve heard the proven PL player sh*te before, Adam done it for Blackpool and we signed him even though they were relegated.Allen plays well for the Swans he should stay there for another season that way his head won"t get too inflated.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #55: Jun 04, 2012 12:29:56 am
      15m would be nothing in a few years, when Real and the likes will be coming knocking with 30m + offers for the lad. Watch this space!

*automatically writes off this ever happening... Even though DT12 seems so wise*

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Jun 04, 2012 10:54:35 am
      For £15m I'd rather have Ever Banega, even with both his broken leg and ankle. ;D
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Jun 04, 2012 10:59:57 am
      For £15m I'd rather have Ever Banega, even with both his broken leg and ankle. ;D

We cant buy anyone from Swansea for 12 months it was in Rodgers contract
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #58: Jun 04, 2012 11:04:33 am
      We cant buy anyone from Swansea for 12 months it was in Rodgers contract

With that said this 12 month transfer thing, does it stop any player from Swansea putting in a transfer request to come to us. Dont know how that works.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Jun 04, 2012 11:10:40 am

Because people were touting £15m fee's for him and irrespective of not being able to sign their players for 12 months after that 12 months he becomes a viable transfer target.

And 'Penis' if your so interested in flirting with me sweety, you'll have to try much harder than that I prefer to be wined and dined.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #60: Jun 04, 2012 11:10:51 am
      Bellamy said in an interview this week that Allen is one of the most gifted players hes seen at his age, also said he would be very surprised if he doesn't follow Rodgers to Liverpool in the near future.  Just a shame about this 12 month "Gentlemens agreement" with Swansea or whatever it is.

Would love to see him here.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #61: Jun 04, 2012 11:12:43 am

What Threshers followed by KFC
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #62: Jun 05, 2012 05:27:41 pm
      Rumour on swans forums Joe Allen has handed in a transfer request....if accepted then the 12 month clause of signing swans players goes out the window....
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #63: Jun 05, 2012 05:37:40 pm
      Rumour on swans forums Joe Allen has handed in a transfer request....if accepted then the 12 month clause of signing swans players goes out the window....

Wouldn't believe it until I actually see it.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #64: Jun 05, 2012 05:59:03 pm
      [quote ]
      We know Liverpools history when appointing a new manager i.e give them millions and millions to spend.We got 7m for BR and co so if Joe is to go then we should make sure its to Liverpool.Arsenal are tightarses and would drag the transfer out.Just say 20m to the scoucers and that's us set up for the next 10 years.

[/quote]

From a swans forum  ;D
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #65: Jun 05, 2012 06:04:58 pm
      I've seen a bit of this lad "live"  not just at Anfield (where I though he was man of the match) but playing for his national team too and he's top class.

Works very hard, has a good touch and always seems to play the right pass and not always the easy ball.

Would love to see him alongside Lucas in a reds shirt.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #66: Jun 06, 2012 11:30:02 pm

Just incase you'd missed my first question mate.

Just out of curiosity Diego, how many Swansea games have you watched this Season to come to this conclusion?. Just a question. Thank you.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #67: Jun 06, 2012 11:34:43 pm
      My goodness, he's my age but he looks so much older.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2012 11:48:38 pm
      My lad was only telling me yesterday that he read stats somewhere that Joe Allen's pass completion was the third best in europe for the season, or something like that. And I'm not sure which game it was, but he became the first player in the prem to get 100 % pass completion in a full game. Some record that in his first season up.  I'll try and get the info to confirm that when I talk to him again. Very impresive though.

Quick Reply