Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Esteban Granero (Real Madrid)

Read 8131 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Esteban Granero (Real Madrid)
      Jan 03, 2012 04:22:10 pm
      Liverpool and Blackburn in for Granero

3rd Jan 2012

Liverpool and Blackburn target Esteban Granero is available for transfer this month and can be bought for around £8m.

Kenny Dalglish was reportedly considering a move for the Real Madrid midfielder as cover for the injured Lucas and the fragile Steven Gerrard.

Blackburn were also hoping to take the former Spain U21 international on loan for the rest of the season in what would have been an audacious coup for Steve Kean's struggling side.

Jose Mourinho has told the 24-year-old he is surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu but they are unwilling to let the former Getafe man leave on loan and would prefer to recoup some of the £4m they paid for him in 2009.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-and-blackburn-in-for-granero
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Esteban Granero (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jan 03, 2012 04:42:43 pm
      Don't monos much about the lad - anybody willing to educate me?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #2: Jan 03, 2012 04:43:46 pm
      Don't monos much about the lad - anybody willing to educate me?

Better than Charlie Adam. Much better.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Jan 03, 2012 04:43:55 pm
      Liverpool and Blackburn target Esteban Granero is available for transfer this month and can be bought for around £8m.

...they are unwilling to let the former Getafe man leave on loan and would prefer to recoup some of the £4m they paid for him in 2009.

Makes perfect sense  :f_doh:

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2012 06:46:59 pm
      Good player to have in the squad if we got him 6 or 7 million.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Jan 03, 2012 07:28:46 pm
      I was under the impression he was a winger, am I thinking of someone else?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #6: Jan 03, 2012 07:38:56 pm
      I was under the impression he was a winger, am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, you are probably thinking of Pedro Leon.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #7: Jan 05, 2012 07:12:49 am
      We have a replacment already Spearing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jan 05, 2012 10:20:15 am
      Granero is an attacking midfielder, isn't he? He played for Pellegrini a lot as an off the striker kind of player, and a wide forward.

Actually looked impressive when he played. Kind of like a more mobile Maxi Rodriguez. Loan could be good to get more attacking options.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #9: Jan 17, 2012 07:51:47 pm
      On Esteban Granero and Liverpool

Quite a few of you have been asking me about quotes attributed to the agent of Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero which have prompted media speculation that the player could be on the verge of a move to Liverpool. However, the agent in question is no longer representing the player and should not therefore be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Granero.

In the past two days it had been reported that Teo Lazaro – cited in reports as the player’s agent - said "Granero is finding his chances limited at Real Madrid. If he can`t play at Madrid, then he`ll play somewhere else. It`s as simple as that. He`s keen for a move away - possibly to Liverpool."

This has fuelled speculation that a deal could be close. However, Teo Lazaro no longer represents Granero and, at this precise moment in time, the player has opted to stay at Madrid – but only if he feels he is getting enough playing time.

It is true that Granero has always fancied a move to Liverpool - were he to ever leave Spain for the Premier League - and was once a serious target for Rafa Benitez during his tenure at the Anfield club. However, Benitez ultimately decided not to approve the move because of the possibility that the coach could have left Liverpool to take over at Madrid. Prior to that, Granero was also the subject of a serious bid from Fulham while he was playing in the Real Madrid B team.

Granero has made a very limited number of appearances for Real Madrid this season (just 3 in La Liga), but following a recent conversation with the manager Jose Mourinho (just after  Khedira picked up an injury) in which the player was told that he would get more playing time at the Bernabeu throughout the remainder of the season, Granero is leaning towards fighting for a starting place in Madrid: despite the advice of many close to him who insist that now would be the time to move. In my opinion, should Granero stay, it is unlikely that he would see a great deal more first team action than he has already and a move away in the summer is one potential outcome.

It also remains to be seen whether or not Granero does get selected for the Real Madrid first team between now and the end of January - and if he does not play at all, then it is also a possibility that he could listen to his advisors and accept a move away from the Bernabeu. At present, Liverpool have not shown a great deal of interest in the player, but other clubs have.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=303&titulo=On+Esteban+Granero+and+Liverpool
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2012 08:50:21 pm
      And another one bites the dust......

We havent shown a great deal of interest in the player is the key line.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #11: Jan 18, 2012 10:12:46 am
      Great.. Apparently Khedira’s injured so Maureen wants Granero to stay??!!??
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #12: Jan 18, 2012 12:59:28 pm
      Yes, you are probably thinking of Pedro Leon.

i think Granero have played as a winger couple of time for real
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2012 12:06:55 am
      Saw him come on against Barca for ten minutes. Don't know if he even got the ball though.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2012 12:09:20 am
      Saw him come on against Barca for ten minutes. Don't know if he even got the ball though.
      thanks for sharing that with us ;)
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #15: Jan 24, 2012 01:01:38 am
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-transfer-gossip-Talks-on-Esteban-Granero-Real-Madrid-midfielder-joining-on-loan-are-underway-article856911.html

Liverpool are in talks with Real Madrid over signing Real Madrid attacking midfielder Esteban Granero.

Boss Kenny Dalglish has explored the prospect of taking Granero on loan until the end of the season as he look to add some cover for his depleted strikeforce.

Granero can play wide or as a second striker, and he has been on the Anfield radar for some time.

The 24-year-old, who has played for Spain up to Under-21 level but not for the senior side, has also been linked with Arsenal, but Dalglish is hoping to arrange a short-term loan.

Granero has struggled to make an impact at the Bernabeu this season, making just four appearances under coach Jose Mourinho.

The Spanish giants are hoping to sell him in what remains of the January window but so far there have been no takers, which has encouraged the Reds to believe they can thrash out an agreement.

Dalglish will have Luis Suarez back from his eight-match ban next week, but is still concerned about his resources at the sharp end.

Liverpool have managed just 25 league goals this season, making them one of the lowest scoring teams in the top flight.

The Reds boss has said there will be no spending in this transfer window, but concern at the lack of goals has prompted the club to turn to the loan market.

While Real are resistant to the idea of a temporary agreement, they may be persuaded if there is a prospect of a permanent deal at the end of it.

Dalglish has ruled out a move for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic, and there is little Anfield interest in Juventus winger Milos Krasic, but after a recent depressing run of league results, the club recognises the need to bring in attacking cover.

The club has also been tracking Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, but are unlikely to make a move until the summer.

Here's what friend Granero has in his locker: Esteban Granero 2011 â–‘ The Pirate â–‘ Goals & Skills â–‘ HD â–‘
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #16: Jan 24, 2012 09:26:00 am
      Decent player
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Jan 24, 2012 10:54:46 am
      Nothing special - F***ing stupid hair.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #18: Jan 24, 2012 11:04:45 am
      Nothing special - f**king stupid hair.

We used to say the same thing about Lucas look how he turned out :)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #19: Jan 24, 2012 11:05:41 am
      Nothing special - f**king stupid hair.

No comment.. *sighs*
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #20: Jan 24, 2012 11:10:22 am
      Looks to be able to finish which is something we can definitely use. Sign him up.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #21: Jan 24, 2012 11:16:20 am
      Certainly need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #22: Jan 24, 2012 01:36:45 pm
      IMO It's nice if we get him on loan from Real Madrid but no if buy him in this window. I'm not convince at right wing he's clearly better than Maxi or Downing and don't forget we have best man to play CAM/SS he's Gerrard.

If we going to buy him straight in this month I rather we use money on an out-and-out striker to partner with Suarez or play Suarez RWF, Gerrard CAM and Bellamy/Downing/Maxi on the left.

IMO in the case we cannot get an out-and-out striker I'd rather LFC buy another good CDM. We all know we only have Spearing during Lucas injury and we all already saw without a good CDM we find difficult to attack from the midfield as Gerrard/Adam/Henderson etc have to trace back and none of them can do this job.

Without a good CDM and we still no have real top quality striker and widemen/wingers and we still play the way we playing I think it's difficult to improve our attacking.

Quick Reply