Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux)

Read 5428 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux)
      Jan 04, 2012 06:13:32 pm
      Liverpool are once again being linked with a move for talented young midfielder Ryad Boudebouz who was heavily linked with a switch to Anfield over the summer.

The 21-year-old impressed many with his superb performances for Sochaux last season and was reportedly close to leaving the Ligue 1 side in the summer but in was convinced by the clubs management to stay.

However, the French club are struggling this season and have amassed just 18 points from 19 league games as they sit second bottom of the table with just four league wins all season.

Boudebouz is a regular for Algeria after making the switch having represented France at Under-19 level on 10 occasions. The attacking midfielder leads the clubs scoring charts with five goals and three assists and is once again being linked with a move away from Sochaux.

Well respected Ligue 1 expert Jonathan Johnson has suggested on skysports.com that Liverpool could rekindle their interest in the winger, but could face competition from French giants Paris Saint-Germain.

It is believed that Sochaux are ready to cash in on the midfielder before the clubs poor form means his value is diminished even further.

Liverpool had been hoping that Stewart Downing would provide plenty of width for the club this season, however, the former Aston Villa man has struggled to replicate his best form and it seems the club could further strengthen their squad in January.

The youngster certainly fits the Reds transfer policy and would be available for a relatively low fee.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-reignite-interest-in-exciting-young-winger-14589/
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013 02:26:29 pm by JD »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Ryad Boudebouz
      Reply #1: Jan 04, 2012 06:21:13 pm
      In an attempt to appear like we have interesting news, we have taken the decision to regurgitate rumours from the last transfer window and the one before that.
      We understand that Liverpool may or may not be interested in Ryad Boudebouz, in fact we haven't got a clue either way but considering they are still lacking width and their new owners prefer to buy young players, we thought we'd throw it out there as a possibility, backed up with no quotes at all and simply the opinion of a 'Ligue 1 expert' that we overheard on Sky Sports when we stopped to make a brew.

www.sportsvibe.co.uk
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Re: Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux)
      Reply #2: May 27, 2012 02:37:23 pm
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/27/3130060/sochaux-winger-ryad-boudebouz-reveals-liverpool-are

Not the best source but we've been continuously linked to this player the past few transfer periods.  Clearly a long term target it appears.  He would also fit the FSG profile from an investment standpoint plus fulfilling a current squad need as a RWF and AMF.  This one may have some legs with only a year left on his contract.  Transfer markt lists him having a current value of 7.000.000 €
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #3: May 27, 2012 04:47:28 pm
      Never seen him play. so i searched him on YT. have a look yourself
      Ryad Boudebouz. 2011/12
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #4: May 27, 2012 05:13:56 pm
      Better player than Hoilett but still not sure he would make a huge impact here. He's very inconsistent with a lot of flair.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5: May 27, 2012 05:29:14 pm
      Can't wait for Mr Boudebouz to inform us tomorrow who our new manager is.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #6: May 27, 2012 06:22:37 pm
      Better player than Hoilett but still not sure he would make a huge impact here. He's very inconsistent with a lot of flair.

we need that flair. we cant afford the best flamboyant players out there so i see ryad as a good option. We struggle to breakdown teams and score time to time and these kind of players will make the job easier for us to get a goal in situation like that. Now only if we had a player like this in the games past couple of season, where we struggled and we would have been in totally different situation now.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2012 08:32:42 pm
      Ligue 1 ace confirms Liverpool interest
      Date: 28th May 2012 at 8:53 pm
      Written by FFC News Desk
      Follow this writer
      5Share

Sochaux’s highly-rated winger Ryan Boudebouz has stated that his agent has been contacted by Liverpool in regards to a possible summer transfer.

The 22-year-old is a full Algeria international and has impressed at the Stade Auguste Bonal alongside talented midfield team-mate Marvin Martin this term.

With a number of French clubs keen on the attacker, thought to be Lyon, Lille and Marseille, Boudebouz has confessed that a summer transfer may well be on the cards.

“Certainly, my agent is in talks with some clubs, particularly in France, but there is still nothing concrete,” he told French reporters, translated to English by Sky Sports.

“There is also Liverpool, who have initiated discussions with my agent, but at the risk of repeating myself, everything is in the discussion stage, no more.”

By Gareth McKnight

http://www.footballfancast.com/2012/05/football-news/ligue-1-ace-confirms-liverpool-interest
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2012 09:23:39 pm
      ^^^

That is weeks old isn't it?
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2012 09:34:03 pm
      ^^^

That is weeks old isn't it?

Yes, and it was written at a time when we still didn't have a manager.  However, I think it is fair to say that we have probably been scouting him for a while so he is probably on a list of names that Mr. Rodgers has as potential targets for this summer. 
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2012 10:27:39 pm
      Tried to buy him in Fifa for £7m. Ended up signing for Lille for £17m. :D

Not seen him play. I know very little about it other than he has had a good season in France. I still find it a bit odd that we are being linked with players we were linked with before Brendan came in. Yes, Brendan may infact wish to sign the guy but I wouldn't be so sure. He will come in and want to sign his own targets, not ones the club previously targeted.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2012 10:33:25 pm
      As an fellow Algerian i have seen him play on numerous occasions for the national team and kept track on his progress at Sochaux.

He is very skillful and pacey at times he tries too much but i would have him in the team ahead of Downing because he is always looking to beat the player, his got great vision and best of all his still young.

If we do bring him in i do feel he would not be an instant starter but he definitely is one for the future.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2012 03:04:35 pm
      Don't rate this guy highly, don't want him to come. Far too lazy.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #13: Jun 05, 2012 03:21:59 pm
      With Kuyt gone and Maxi looking to leave i think it is essential we get someone who can play on the wings, i would definitely have him here.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Jun 05, 2012 03:45:13 pm
      Many of other wingers around I'd have over him but if we can get him for around 5-7m it wouldn't be bad business.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 06, 2012 01:24:20 pm
      Ryan Babel II
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #16: Jun 09, 2012 08:26:09 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17: Jun 09, 2012 11:30:36 pm

That's Ok, sometimes the sequel is better.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #18: Jun 09, 2012 11:31:50 pm
      Not sure he will be a Babel II because if signed i am sure he will be played in his favorite position and most natural out on the right.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2012 12:05:20 am

why would you think that? i am not even sure if i am supposed to laugh or be irritated by your post =/
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2012 09:50:24 pm
      Because he's overrated and sh*te.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2012 10:00:32 pm
      Because he's overrated and sh*te.

Wow, such an great response, want to explain why you think this?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 14, 2012 01:33:31 pm
      Who are you, his agent? Haha, it's a forum, I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you are yours.

He's extremely selfish and it seems that just because he's quick and skilfull that we should automatically sign him. Same applies to Elia, Krasic etc.

Now you tell me what makes him different to those mentioned above, because neither of them could get anywhere near Juves team. Is Boudebouz better than either of them? I don't think he is.

I'm sick of seeing us linked with people just because they are quick, as it's clear we need pace, the press seem to automatically link us to these one dimensional players.

We have Sterling coming through who 'IN MY OPINION' (just to emphasise that for you) is a better talent and a player we already have.

Need I go on, or is that explanation enough for you?

Quick Reply