Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)

Read 12386 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Re: Suarez to Real Madrid??
      Reply #92: Jan 21, 2012 01:02:23 am
      Madrid no chance but barca oneday maybe,the lad is a fan of the catalonian club but that does not mean he is leaving anytime soon.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #93: Jan 21, 2012 01:05:17 am
      Wouldn't be surprised to know if he wanted to leave the Premier League after how he's been treated like a criminal.

I expect him to stay longer here longer than a year, though.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #94: Jan 21, 2012 01:34:58 am
      Without his recent quotes I'd be shitting it...
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #95: Jan 21, 2012 01:42:10 am
      just bought my new suarez kit...he better not be leaving any time soon
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #96: Jan 21, 2012 01:44:13 am
      I know it is ridiculous to entertain but this is football and they will probably genuinely want him at the end of the season, those crazy bas**rds in Madrid, but I think Luis will want to stay in the Premier League for longer then he has and certainly wont want to leave because of anything to do with the suspension. He will want to win titles in England and he is here and settling now. Our team will get better. I am sure he will be here the season after next too.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,280 posts | 803 
      Reply #97: Jan 21, 2012 01:46:01 am
      F**k off Madrid.

Luis will be wearing the colour RED for many years to come.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #98: Jan 21, 2012 01:52:37 am
      Not again...

By the way that's a reference to another Suarez link, not our star striker leaving again! :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Jan 21, 2012 02:41:28 am
      I'm going to be honest be here & i've got it on good authority the interest from Madrid in Suarez is real & this could not be from a more a person more in the know about Marid intrest, whether or not Suarez or we are interested I don't know, but I can tell you now that Madrid are ~%100 interseted i've just had it confirmed by someone who knows spanish football inside out and i'll pm any mod the source that has told me.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #100: Jan 21, 2012 02:44:03 am
      Post in the thread that already exists, would you?

Thanks. Merged.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)
      Reply #101: Jan 21, 2012 09:11:54 am
      If we lose suarez we are never going to break back into the top four losing players like him. We have to be tough here and tell them to F**k off we cant keep selling our best players.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #102: Jan 21, 2012 01:28:44 pm
      As much as I hate to say it....this is how it all started with Judas. Everyone insisted how he'd never go and a couple of weeks later it was one and done. I really hope that's not going to be the case in this instance. If we lose Luis we are sunk in the short term.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #103: Jan 21, 2012 01:36:50 pm
      Im not concerned, i think he will want to repay the fans, Kenny and his team mates and that doesnt mean jumping ship. There may be interest but id be really suprised if he went.

If he did then there will always be the next star, i dont want players who would jump and are not fully commited. We are a club and i support the club not any single player.

But i dont think he will go anywhere is my personal thought.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #104: Jan 21, 2012 01:37:51 pm
      As much as I hate to say it....this is how it all started with Judas. Everyone insisted how he'd never go and a couple of weeks later it was one and done. I really hope that's not going to be the case in this instance. If we lose Luis we are sunk in the short term.

I dont think for any reason why we would sell unless suarez himself has indicated he could do with a clean break from the kangaroo court that convicted him and the biased media.

It would be a shame if he did leave sooner than expected.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #105: Jan 21, 2012 01:41:29 pm
      I dont think for any reason why we would sell unless suarez himself has indicated he could do with a clean break from the kangaroo court that convicted him and the biased media.

That's it Shabs. I only expect Luis to leave if he has decided he has had enough and we will only really know for sure at then end of the transfer window.

Do I expect him to be here in February?

Yes.

Would I be surprised if he wasn't?

Not in the slightest.

I don't take anything for granted where transfers are conceded anymore.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #106: Jan 21, 2012 02:09:10 pm

I never thought we should have sold Torres either. I don't understand the semantics of English football when it comes to transfers and transfer requests because a club says we aren't going to sell over and over again and then a player submits a request and then the club sells. Why not just stand firm and make them honor their contract? The player may think they know what's going on (Torres) and that they need to leave when they don't know the full story and it would be better off for them if they stayed. Players can't know everything that goes into running a club and shouldn't be allowed to influence it in that way in my opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #107: Jan 21, 2012 02:15:02 pm
      Why not just stand firm and make them honor their contract? The player may think they know what's going on (Torres) and that they need to leave when they don't know the full story and it would be better off for them if they stayed.

A club can make a player honour their contract and not give in to a request, just look at Spurs with Modric.

But I would rather have players who want to be here and not have to try and convince them to stay so if a player indicates he doesn't want to play for this club I'd rather they moved on than us constantly trying to reassure them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #108: Jan 21, 2012 02:42:59 pm
      I never thought we should have sold Torres either. I don't understand the semantics of English football when it comes to transfers and transfer requests because a club says we aren't going to sell over and over again and then a player submits a request and then the club sells. Why not just stand firm and make them honor their contract? The player may think they know what's going on (Torres) and that they need to leave when they don't know the full story and it would be better off for them if they stayed. Players can't know everything that goes into running a club and shouldn't be allowed to influence it in that way in my opinion.

Agree and you are 100% spot on,i can understand clubs selling players who have wound down their contracts to a point a club can lose what it has invested in the player over the years but I dont care if they have had their heads turned for more money they represent us untill we decide otherwise.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #109: Jan 21, 2012 02:49:41 pm
      I think one reason why clubs sell a player who has put in a transfer request is because by doing so, they've shown they can't be committed to the club. However, some players such as Mascherano in his last season with us, maybe Xabi Alonso and like Luka Modric, they can't be committed but it doesn't mean they won't be as long as they are here.

In contrast to Torres, before he put in his transfer request, his attitude on the pitch was painful to watch. He didn't look like he wanted to play for Liverpool anymore so selling him was a good move.

On Suarez, I doubt he will be the same. I think even if he wants to leave, he will still put in 110% effort, just like Mascherano did as long as he's representing the club.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #110: Jan 21, 2012 03:08:04 pm
      Im not worried, Suarez has recently committed himself to LFC and wants to start scoring again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #111: Jan 21, 2012 03:16:43 pm
      Id be slightly concerned in that redblood said he has a genuine source that Madrid are 100% on for it.

Now we can say no, thats fine, but where my worry kicks in is when Luis is back the opposition crowds reaction to him. Pro or not that will not be easy to live with, bad enough if you were guilty but to be innocent and getting it will be so hard to deal with. Then throw in the media  :f_steam:

Ive no doubt he loves playing for the club and us fans have gone up a notch with him but that might not be enough to keep him due to the above circumstances, especially if he has a potential escape and to a top club.

Id hate to lose him but to be honest I wouldn't be shocked if we did
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #112: Jan 21, 2012 04:07:56 pm
      Im sure Madrid are interested, why wouldnt they be? And they probably smell a chance of a possible bargain right now, at the begining of the season he would have been worth at a rough guess 40m? They may think with all thats gone on that can knock a chunk off of that.

I dont see him leaving yet, i see him wanting to repay us, now depending on what the stick he gets between now and May that could change, he may say look this is not worth it and i want a fresh break, but if we do id hope we make sure his true value is met.

That abuse he gets from the crowd is bound to be bad in the first few weeks but it may settle down after that at most grounds and is forgotten as a major stick to beat him with. Only time will tell, but i genuinely dont see this as an issue until the summer at the earliest.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #113: Jan 21, 2012 04:14:18 pm

That abuse he gets from the crowd is bound to be bad in the first few weeks but it may settle down after that at most grounds and is forgotten as a major stick to beat him with. Only time will tell, but i genuinely dont see this as an issue until the summer at the earliest.

Have you noticed that there is no mention of suarez and evra anymore in the media? i guess they have been told to pipe it down due to the upcoming fixture.

I honestly beleive suarez will go on to extend his contract with us now that he knows how we fight for him and how much the club laid down its reputation for his protection and help clear his name.

The madird mob are trying it and will get the middle finger im sure.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #114: Jan 21, 2012 04:18:50 pm
      Have you noticed that there is no mention of suarez and evra anymore in the media? i guess they have been told to pipe it down due to the upcoming fixture.

I honestly beleive suarez will go on to extend his contract with us now that he knows how we fight for him and how much the club laid down its reputation for his protection and help clear his name.

The madird mob are trying it and will get the middle finger im sure.

I have no doubt they are trying it on mate, they sniff a good deal but i genuniely dont think Luis will go against a set of fans, Manager and team mates who have put their reputation on the line for him.

And if i thought the media had any brains or sensitivity about them id agree on that, i bet on the week or so to the build up of both Manure games they bring out the old, Suarez still hasnt said sorry to poor Patrice yet... Oh and here is a picture of Mother Terevra feeding a starving child and rescuing a cat from a tree. Dickheads.

Quick Reply