Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Andy Carroll (Newcastle)

Read 5824 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Andy Carroll - Newcastle
      Reply #23: Jan 11, 2012 10:28:56 am
      0940 FOOTBALL: Andy Carroll's agent, Mark Curtis, tells BBC Sport there is "no truth" in reports today linking the player with a discounted move from Liverpool back to Newcastle United. Curtis adds "[Andy Carroll] is happy at Liverpool."

BBC.co.uk

Lock it up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #24: Jan 11, 2012 10:38:22 am
      Absolute bollocks for so many reasons.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #25: Jan 11, 2012 10:40:40 am
      Bullshit stories as usual,the only thing andy is missing is the consistency to hit the back of the net.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #26: Jan 11, 2012 10:47:47 am
      £10 m And Demba Ba ...................DEALL LLLLLLLL!

Then one week after that deals done Ba's knee pops and we end up with no striker, no thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jan 11, 2012 11:08:13 am
      Either he does start performing or he will be out the door.  If Newcastle offered twenty million id snap their hands off
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #28: Jan 11, 2012 11:27:57 am
      Going nowhere any time soon.. Can't believe people are eating this sh*te.. The people who say things like "every players got a price" always use the example of Judas to justify living in fear of our best players leaving whenever the media farts?. I know its possible ANY player can leave but like most sensible people I look at the likelihood.. This looks unlikely given the ACTUAL info we have..
      He's only been here one season out of the 5 we signed him for, he was injured for a large segment of that, Kenny said he's going nowhere and I don't remember seeing a game where he had the correct service and continuously missed either.. *sigh*
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #29: Jan 11, 2012 11:49:20 am
      I am not interested in selling him. Glad the club have that stance. Next!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2012 12:02:22 pm
      Has had the correct service his movement though is extremely poor. Find it hard to believe people wouldn't take twenty million for him which could be put towards another top class striker better suited to Suarez.  Would make sense and ive no doubt the club would sell for the right fee but that ain't ten million for
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2012 12:09:36 pm
      Why would'nt we sell him ? Has he shown great promise is he a grafter has he been unlucky is it everybody elses fault hes not scoring ? If he doesnt get going soon the rose tinted glasses will be off !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,322 posts | 771 
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2012 12:13:53 pm
      I think that we should give him until at least the summer, before offloading him to another club.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2012 12:19:15 pm
      Did i just hear on SSN that the price would be £10million? How stupid do they think the public are. They spout so much sh*t.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2012 12:25:15 pm
      Did i just hear on SSN that the price would be £10million? How stupid do they think the public are. They spout so much sh*t.
      If you were buying him on current form would you pay more ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2012 12:27:45 pm
      I think that we should give him until at least the summer, before offloading him to another club.
      Give order lads. How long did it take Lucas to show his mettle? If the panic button crew would have got their way the lad would have been well on his way two seasons ago instead he improved at a steady pace and was F***ing shining before the unfortunate injury.
      Lucas was given the grace of time to better his game and find a niche, let''s do the same with Andy who's only been here 5 miutes.
      The media who are giving it loads about him are not doing so for the well being of LFC, quite the reverse it has to be said - as HR so eloquently put it (as is his way) keep your powder dry lads.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2012 12:28:32 pm
      Turn it in people Carroll is going nowhere!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2012 12:58:08 pm
      Nothing like the Lucas situation. Id give him till the summer and if he hasn't improved 100%by then he should be out the door. I want to bring the best out of Suarez as i said last year that wont be with Carroll beside him
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2012 12:59:59 pm
      Nothing like the Lucas situation. Id give him till the summer and if he hasn't improved 100%by then he should be out the door. I want to bring the best out of Suarez as i said last year that wont be with Carroll beside him

We know, you've said.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2012 01:00:13 pm

Out of interest Corb do you feel the same about Henderson?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2012 01:04:56 pm
      No really like Henderson as ive said in his thread has potential to be top player for us
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2012 01:07:07 pm
      No really like Henderson as ive said in his thread has potential to be top player for us

Just think its the same with Carroll, both young lads who we paid big money for and were major players at their previous clubs.

Agree that Hendo has shown more so far but both have massive potiential and surely both need time, as Kenny said, Carroll was bought for the next 5 years, not months.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2012 01:07:38 pm

Just trying to put a bit of prospective in the thread. People seem to want to ignore the fact he has being awful for us and is not suited to our style of play or Suarez style of play
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2012 01:10:11 pm
      Newcastle and Carroll and his agent have told SSN theres nothing in this.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2012 01:10:58 pm
      Just trying to put a bit of prospective in the thread. People seem to want to ignore the fact he has being awful for us and is not suited to our style of play or Suarez style of play

Perspective I think you might mean  :D  ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2012 01:11:06 pm
      Just think its the same with Carroll, both young lads who we paid big money for and were major players at their previous clubs.

Agree that Hendo has shown more so far but both have massive potiential and surely both need time, as Kenny said, Carroll was bought for the next 5 years, not months.

Never saw that potential in Carroll even when he was with Newcastle thought he was a one trick pony with a limited game. Thought he was a massive mistake by club. Personally i think Carroll will be sold in next two years at a substantial loss

Quick Reply