Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Luis Suarez wants to repay Liverpool with silverware and Champions League place

Read 6434 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Luis Suarez wants to repay Liverpool with silverware and Champions League place
      Jan 11, 2012 02:19:41 pm
      Luis Suarez wants to repay Liverpool with silverware and Champions League place following racism controversy

Luis Suarez, the Liverpool striker, has revealed his desire to win a trophy and secure a top four
      Premier League spot when the Uruguayan returns to football following the high-profile nature surrounding his ban for racism.

Sidelined: Liverpool's Luis Suarez is currently serving eight-match suspension Photo: REUTERS

By Telegraph staff10:04AM GMT 11 Jan 2012

Suarez is currently serving an eight-game suspension after being found guilty of racially abusing
      Manchester United defender Evra and will miss tonight's League Cup semi-final with Manchester City.

However, the Uruguayan, who will return to the side in February at the earliest, believes Kenny Dalglish's
      outfit have the credentials to win silverware – their first since the FA Cup in 2006 – while insisting that
      Steven Gerrard's return to the side will only help their cause.

“I want to win a trophy for Liverpool,” Suarez told talkaloadofbull.com.
      “When I
 came here the team hadn’t been doing so well but we are a much better squad 
now and
      we are capable of winning a trophy and getting back into the Champions
 League.

"Last year I was lucky enough to win the Copa America with my country, something which I never
      thought I would do and we made history. Now I want
 to win something with Liverpool.
      "When I’m back in the side that is the aim and
 would be the perfect 2012 for me.”

Liverpool have been heavily criticised for their strong backing of Suarez and their handling of the
      whole racism affair, which included players wearing T-shirts in support of their team-mate while
      warming up before their clash at Wigan.

And Suarez, who joined from Ajax 12 months ago, admitted that he intends to carry on
       playing for a team he has supported since his youth.

He said: “I was so excited to sign for Liverpool, it was a dream come true and I hope for 
a
       long career with them. I grew up watching them and they are a club with such a big 
history,
      especially in the Champions League, and fantastic players.”

The return of Gerrard from two-month on the sidelines following an ankle infection has also
      helped to underline Liverpool's bid for a resurgent second-half of the season.

“Steven is a great player, I didn’t realise how good until I came here," Suarez added.

"He trains
 how he plays and is a fantastic player and servant for this club. Having him back 
will help the team.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9006772/Luis-Suarez-wants-to-repay-Liverpool-with-silverware-and-Champions-League-place-following-racism-controversy.html

LFCexiled
      Re: Luis Suarez wants to repay Liverpool with silverware and Champions League place
      Reply #1: Jan 11, 2012 02:29:42 pm
      I have no doubt at all that he will.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: Luis Suarez wants to repay Liverpool with silverware and Champions League place
      Reply #2: Jan 11, 2012 02:45:50 pm
      Champions league spot, Carling and FA Cup double. Sounds like a plan.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Jan 11, 2012 03:02:58 pm
      That's what we like to hear.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Jan 11, 2012 03:23:37 pm
      Sounds a bit odd from someone who's going to Real. ???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #5: Jan 11, 2012 03:27:57 pm
      The lad's a F***ing diamond.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Jan 11, 2012 03:29:34 pm

Learning from Torres.

Didn't he pledge his future to the club publicly on the 11th January as well? :f_whistle:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #7: Jan 11, 2012 04:10:04 pm

Learning from Torres.

Didn't he pledge his future to the club publicly on the 11th January as well? :f_whistle:

Yellow card for both of you....cant you ban each other for those remarks... ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jan 11, 2012 04:25:38 pm
      Good point, I wonder if I can still ban when I'm banned ;)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Jan 11, 2012 05:06:08 pm
      Hopefully he sticks to his word. I remember hearing a lot of promises from that blonde c**t at Chelsea.

I'll give Suarez the benefit of the doubt though. Does seem to love the club.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #10: Jan 11, 2012 05:13:14 pm
      He's got nothing to repay us for. He's done nothing wrong.

Nice words from Luis though.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #11: Jan 11, 2012 05:23:11 pm

I know your comment was fully tongue in cheek but watching revista last night and Guileme Balague said in his words "no chance" of Luis going to Madrid

Nice comments from Luis though.. Lets hope he does help us win trophys  :clap:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jan 11, 2012 05:25:27 pm
      Great to hear from Luis and put's to bed the rumour about Maureen's interest, never say never in this game, and although i can't see him spend his whole career with us,i'd be happy with at least 5yrs, and depending what we won in those 5yrs, if we continue to be successful and keep the silverware coming thru the door,he would have no reason to leave, over to you Mr Hendry,get your cheque book out?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #13: Jan 11, 2012 05:42:03 pm
      Reports id heard are that he wants to extend his contract.. Anyone else hear this?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #14: Jan 11, 2012 06:10:04 pm
      Reports id heard are that he wants to extend his contract.. Anyone else hear this?
      Lets hope thats right
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Jan 11, 2012 06:21:49 pm
      Top lad, really is a fine person Suarez, continues to impress me on facebook or twitter with his comments and now this too. Great individual and a shame the witch hunt has turned to him.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #16: Jan 11, 2012 06:34:30 pm
      Well said Luis hope you can fire us to the champions league spots and a F,A cup and league cup would be a good year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jan 11, 2012 06:48:15 pm
      Think he'll rip the league up when he comes back, he'll be playing in teh same Team as a fit Stevie hopefully and that makes us a totally different Animal.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #18: Jan 11, 2012 06:52:25 pm
      Wonderful to hear from Luis.

I admit, I've been worried that this whole Evra saga might have soured him to England. Obviously the club and fans have had his back but I couldn't blame him for wanting out if he did. It's comforting to know that he wants to stick it out and I'm confident his presence can only bring good for Liverpool moving forward.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #19: Jan 11, 2012 06:59:26 pm
      I dont mean to sound bad but didnt think he had that much english to explain all that
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #20: Jan 11, 2012 07:03:04 pm
      I dont mean to sound bad but didnt think he had that much english to explain all that

He can speak english, he's just slow and unnatural with it. If you listen to him do an interview in english it's clear he can manage, just takes awhile to form his thoughts (which is to be expected).
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #21: Jan 11, 2012 07:15:24 pm
      I can be mistaken, but they might have used a translator for the interview... :roll:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,373 posts | 1540 
      Reply #22: Jan 11, 2012 07:30:12 pm
      It's good news at the moment. Just what we wanted to hear. Not going to get too worried about what might, or might not transpire in the future. Lat's live for the moment, it can only be a massive boost for everyone at the club to hear very positive remarks like this as I expect everyone had their own ideas about how he might react.

Quick Reply