Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match tonight?

Pepe Reina
      20 (12.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      47 (29.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      14 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      31 (19.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      40 (25.5%)
      Someone else
      5 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.

Read 48429 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.
      Reply #598: Jan 11, 2012 11:23:57 pm
      People are F***ing mad if they are unhappy with that. It was the perfect away performance. No point trying to win the leg again in that second half, when we'd already done it in the first.

I think Kenny knew that they didn't have the nouse to break down a solid Liverpool back line from watching our other games with them this season, in which they scored off 2 corners, a poor bit of keeping and a counter attack.

8 days ago, if Downing had of netted his chance we'd have won  that 1-0 as well.

We'll F***ing have them at Anfield.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #599: Jan 11, 2012 11:25:59 pm
      Seen Johnno's tackle. Wins the ball feet off the ground, similar to Kompany's which was never a red

I expect the FA to do him with video evidence though. Thats how things are for us at the minute
      Only if the ref mentions it in his report I think the rule is? And he never gave a free kick, so if that winds up in the report...well, nothing can surprise me with that shower any more.

Delighted with a result, a clean sheet was key, we got that, and we grabbed a well deserved goal aswell. Got to fancy us at Anfield, especially as they are going to have to come at us, with Bellamy and Stevie starting and the Kop rocking I can't see past us.

Been to long since a final, and if we get there it will just further cement the fact that we are back on the rise.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #600: Jan 11, 2012 11:26:30 pm
      Made up with the win and as it turned out KK got the tactics spot on but, I hope  I never have to go through  another second half like that one again. It took bloody years off me that did.

To be honest though I don't think we would have played that second half quite the same had Lucas and Suarez been an option. I think Kenny used what he had to the best he could.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #601: Jan 11, 2012 11:32:04 pm
      6 defenders on the pitch they say

WHO GIVES A FOOK

city 0 LIVERPOOL 1
      Classic Dalglish tactic!

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH KENNY'S ARMY!!!

We were leading at the time, what U want ? Give up our lead?

If U have to, win ugly if necessary, we are moving in the right direction.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #602: Jan 11, 2012 11:34:14 pm
      BBC report...
       Steven Gerrads early penalty earned Liverpool a Carling Cup semi-final first leg win at the Etihad Stadium.
       The captain scored from the penalty spot after 12 mins. after Stefan Savic was penalised for a challenge on Daniel Agger.
       City struggled to create decent chances but Pepe Reina blocked a Micah Richards header in the second half.
       As Liverpool sat deeper, sergio Aguero headed over from Nasri's cross with another good chance late on.

No mention of the six unanswered attempts on goal in the first half or the undeniable red card with the penalty decision, he could have taken Agger's eye out with them F***ing studs.
      It is accepted the away side will fall back in a two leg contest to protect a lead and all that was missing in the review was a comment about "lucky 5 times European Cup winners". 
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #603: Jan 11, 2012 11:36:45 pm
      FAPL NEWS won't even show the highlight. Meanwhile the 'serenaded' us with the lengthy highlight of the Tottenham/Everton game.

We still won!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #604: Jan 11, 2012 11:42:48 pm
      Best defence in the league.

Well done Kenny and Clarkey. Job done.

Were you watching Woy?

P.S.

Only two of the 25 teams to have won away in the first leg of a League Cup semi-final ... have failed to reach the final

Source: Opta
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #605: Jan 11, 2012 11:52:49 pm
      Best defence in the league.

Well done Kenny and Clarkey. Job done.

Were you watching Woy?

P.S.

Only two of the 25 teams to have won away in the first leg of a League Cup semi-final ... have failed to reach the final

Source: Opta
      The omens are looking good for us.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #606: Jan 11, 2012 11:55:00 pm
      Come on you Reds, 0-1 will do me  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      And it did, nice one you Reds.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #607: Jan 12, 2012 12:02:45 am
      Kenny made a F***ing ballsy call tonight and it payed off, full credit to him and the rest of the team.  As a manager, you're employed to make big decisions like we did tonight and when it goes right or wrong, you're up for criticism or praise - praise from the first leg but not too much because we don't want to create the impression that the job's done, still the home stretch to go but I'm quietly confident.

Excellent effort from all, reminded me of the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge last season (the 1:0 with Meireles netting the winner) except Man City actually responded to our system and personnel changes a little better [than Chelsea in said fixture].  Kenny played a tactical masterstroke tonight.  Hope the second leg is an equally pleasing result and we're enjoying a trip to Wembley soon enough.

Onwards and upwards Redmen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #608: Jan 12, 2012 12:06:27 am
      Just back from the game.  Extremely pleased with the result - would have taken a draw.

Tonight was all about dick-swinging.  Dominated them in the first half - could have been 3-0 up.  Second half we purposefully went out to defend that lead - it was almost as if Kenny was seething about the result the other week and wanted to give Mancini a taste of his own medicine.

The only shame for reds was that all the action was down at the other end - 1st half us 2nd half them.

Although even with our rearguard action City didn't look too threatening.

Great to get a win over them at their place - and good to see that no matter who the manager is, no matter who the players are - Liverpool still know how to approach two-legged cup games.  Should stand us in good stead for the future.

Well done reds.  And I've even give the man of the match to Glen Johnson - not often I'll ever do that!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #609: Jan 12, 2012 12:26:15 am
      "Liverpool have been beaten only once in 22 games at Anfield since Kenny Dalglish's return as manager a year ago."

From the Beeb. Bodes well for our chances with an aggregate lead. Just can't lose, plain and simple.
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #610: Jan 12, 2012 12:34:32 am
        Away at citeh?A team that hasn't lost a Prem match at home,scoring 31,conceding 4!Sure sounds easy for our lads,did I hear someone say 'DREAMING'?Well we marched in,won the match without conceding and go into the second leg of a Cup semi with an away goal.....Brilliant!
          This is the way a two legged match(home and away vs neutral venue)is played so a team can advance to the final,people!Pretty second half?Well,what do you want?!Again,citeh at home is not the easiest match in the year!
          Thank you KK.You have put us within 90 mins of a final! 'Oh it's just the Coca cola/League/Milk/Carling Cup.'Whatever,it's f*****g Wembley,and I want it to be us!The world gets to see us,hear us and envy us with our banners and songs.It's been far too long and quiet since we were in any final....Wembley needs us to show all other teams what True Supporters are really about!

Prepare Scousers.The day draws near....head south and bring back some silver upon your return!

IKKWT         YNWA
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #611: Jan 12, 2012 12:44:57 am
      Can feel a bit  of this coming on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh Campione! beer throwing in the Albert chelsea semi 1/5/07
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #612: Jan 12, 2012 12:48:39 am
      Just back from the game.  Extremely pleased with the result - would have taken a draw.

Tonight was all about dick-swinging.  Dominated them in the first half - could have been 3-0 up.  Second half we purposefully went out to defend that lead - it was almost as if Kenny was seething about the result the other week and wanted to give Mancini a taste of his own medicine.

The only shame for reds was that all the action was down at the other end - 1st half us 2nd half them.

Although even with our rearguard action City didn't look too threatening.

Great to get a win over them at their place - and good to see that no matter who the manager is, no matter who the players are - Liverpool still know how to approach two-legged cup games.  Should stand us in good stead for the future.

Well done reds.  And I've even give the man of the match to Glen Johnson - not often I'll ever do that!
      Played everywhere along the backline. Excellent tonight. Also gave him MOTM.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #613: Jan 12, 2012 12:51:58 am
      Samir Nasri gets ripped on by Liverpool fans after City game

F***ing legends hope they do win the league though :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #614: Jan 12, 2012 01:24:34 am
      The stats show we were second best but I don't care!
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #615: Jan 12, 2012 01:54:31 am
      The stats show we were second best but I don't care!

As we have seen many times this season, stats mean very little at the end of the 90 minutes.  If the team who always deserved the points took them then we'd find ourselves sitting in a much prettier position than we currently are at the moment....

In my opinion, we outplayed them in attack until we got the opening goal, then we decided to protect it and take a 1-0 advantage back home to Anfield.  NO shame in that, and as long as we put in another good shift in 2 weeks, we will be playing at Wembly in the near future!!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #616: Jan 12, 2012 02:10:00 am
      I know. It's the win that matters. I'd be happy with 2 chances and 2 goals every league game rather than 20 shots and 1 goal.

Anyways, Glen Johnson is a really lucky man.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #617: Jan 12, 2012 02:11:53 am
      Anyways, Glen Johnson is a really lucky man.

For now... he may get punished retrospectively. Better not do though, as I noticed Cabaye and Collocini both playing for Newcastle against United  after their blatent red card fouls on our lads.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #618: Jan 12, 2012 02:12:22 am
      I may be missing something but why is he lucky  ???
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #619: Jan 12, 2012 02:13:33 am
      I may be missing something but why is he lucky  ???

2 footed tackle near the end of the game, won the ball, but it was a bit wreckless.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #620: Jan 12, 2012 02:15:54 am
      Caught the first 60 minutes as I had to go to work after.

First half we were clearly the better side and should have had at least 2 in the net. Second half was poised to be a squeky bum time one lucky I did not sit through it as I would have probably had a stroke.

Kenny gambled and it payed off it would be war on here had City grabbed a late goal or two.

Quick Reply