Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 69196 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #943: Jan 22, 2012 01:25:21 am
      Pretty football in the premier league wins you f**k all,just ask arsenal.

sh*t football also doesnt get you there, ask Villa and below... its all about a balance and Kenny has had a year.. Not ten
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #944: Jan 22, 2012 01:29:18 am
      Sh*t football also doesnt get you there, ask Villa and below... its all about a balance and Kenny has had a year.. Not ten

Difference is clubs like villa don't spend £100 million in the transfer window to find balance and i'm not pointing fingers at kenny here,i just feel the players he bought in who he thought would do the job of helping us reach a top 4 slot have let him down and the club.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #945: Jan 22, 2012 01:32:57 am
      Difference is clubs like villa don't spend £100 million in the transfer window to find balance and i'm not pointing fingers at kenny here,i just feel the players he bought in who he thought would do the job of helping us reach a top 4 slot have let him down and the club.

I know net spend gets thrown around alot but we havent spent that much in total, and the players out need replacing let alone the short falls we already had in the squad. Its a building process and we wont get there over night. If we dont get back in it this season with the right backing and a couple of top quality signings to a rejuvinated squad id back us to get there next season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #946: Jan 22, 2012 01:48:07 am
      I think if we held on to miereles & n'gog we could have been cash richer plus players who were already climatized to the clubs requirments.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #947: Jan 22, 2012 02:19:14 am
      Quote from LFC-LCFC
      Scoring never seemed to be an issue under Rafa in the pre-Puslow years.

Scoring often was an issue with him. We played one man upfront, with one formation played, and if that failed, we failed. In later years, he sold off all our forwards to cater for the one man upfront. It worked for a while, until the opposition worked out how to play against it. Rafa's football was all based on "controlling the game". Winning it was always secondary to controlling it, and we played some really sterile sh*t for all bar a few months in 2009.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #948: Jan 22, 2012 02:27:30 am
      It kinda was.

The issue of not performing against the lesser sides of the leagues have always haunted us for God knows how long.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #949: Jan 22, 2012 02:51:01 am
      It kinda was.

The issue of not performing against the lesser sides of the leagues have always haunted us for God knows how long.

The lesser teams still view us as the biggest scalpe in british football,thats why they all raise their games against us,but we should be putting teams like bolton to the sword,
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #950: Jan 22, 2012 03:30:44 am
      Looks like i got lucky and have been working under the car all day so i missed this  :f_tongueincheek:
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #951: Jan 22, 2012 03:55:42 am
      We F***ing played like Bolton that's where we got it wrong and Bolton played like i don't know who?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #952: Jan 22, 2012 04:17:21 am
      This has been coming for some time now when bolton has scored more goals than us, why shouldnt they beat us.Players underperforming constantly,dont know how you shake prima donnas quite frankly.We have been stagnating for some time, having carrol not performing for ages it affects team morale quite frankly. 
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #953: Jan 22, 2012 05:17:52 am
      Loved kennys post match comments he won't stand for any half hearted performances luking forward to the semi final now we will pumped up for it city won't know wt hit em
      sergioh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 123 posts |
      Reply #954: Jan 22, 2012 05:19:16 am
      Watched KK's post game interview and he looked so pissed. What he said though was spot on. If our regular players dont want to try then there are quite a few young ones that would kill for a chance to start. They might not be as "good" but all we ask is to play their hearts out and F***ing finish for once.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #955: Jan 22, 2012 07:08:57 am
      The problem with the squad

We need a defensive midfielder. Since the Lucas injury, we have been off. No suitable replacement. Adam is not a DM, neither is Henderson. The only player that comes close is Spearing. Charlie and Henderson are not poor midfielders, they are just not suited for the roles they're made to play.

The KK problem

You have Gerrard. You don't need Charlie and Henderson playing at the same time with Gerrard. The team becomes handicapped immediately. Seems KK is trying to justify buying these players. Only one out of Lucas, Spearing, Henderson, Adam and Shelvey need to be on the pitch with Gerrard.

The problem is partly the manager's fault too. We slate the players intensely and absolve the manager we love of any blame. Wrong.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #956: Jan 22, 2012 07:28:38 am
       Maybe with the exception of Bellamy and Agger all the players should issue a public apology for the way they played at Bolton, also they should apologise to the fans  for the embarassment they have piled on Kenny Dalglish and our club.I hope Kenny is true to his word and drops (or gets rid of) any player who puts on the RED shirt of L.F.C and puts in a substandard performance like that again.I will defend this club and its players to the maximum but I expect some effort in return.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #957: Jan 22, 2012 09:01:38 am
      Maybe with the exception of Bellamy and Agger all the players should issue a public apology for the way they played at Bolton, also they should apologise to the fans  for the embarassment they have piled on Kenny Dalglish and our club.I hope Kenny is true to his word and drops (or gets rid of) any player who puts on the RED shirt of L.F.C and puts in a substandard performance like that again.I will defend this club and its players to the maximum but I expect some effort in return.
      Totally agree with this,id go as far to refund the money for the poor 5000 reds who travelled to bolton to watch that trash,unacceptable from liverpool fc. :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #958: Jan 22, 2012 09:13:45 am
      That was the worst that I've witnessed in a long, long time. Pure, undiluted, sh*te.

Nothing can dress up or put a presentable face on what was a woefully inept and inadequate display all-round; from back to front and left to right - no player (with exception of Bellamy's first half only showing) should escape criticism. They, to a man, were atrocious.

We all know that - as does Kenny judging by his post match comments. I do not see any point in labouring on it in any other threads - player or manager. Dalglish knows, better than I do, what needs to be done - I trust that he will.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #959: Jan 22, 2012 09:20:40 am
      That was the worst that I've witnessed in a long, long time. Pure, undiluted, sh*te.

Nothing can dress up or put a presentable face on what was a woefully inept and inadequate display all-round; from back to front and left to right - no player (with exception of Bellamy's first half only showing) should escape criticism. They, to a man, were atrocious.

We all know that - as does Kenny judging by his post match comments. I do not see any point in labouring on it in any other threads - player or manager. Dalglish knows, better than I do, what needs to be done - I trust that he will.

What he said.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #960: Jan 22, 2012 09:23:02 am

Only just watched his after match interview,and god did he look pissed off,hope he ripped into the lot of them in the dressing room.

He must feel so let down by that performance,because all he does is defend the players/club to the hilt,so for that shower of sh*te to repay him like that is F***ing shocking.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #961: Jan 22, 2012 09:38:53 am
      Quote from solodee
      The problem with the squad

The problem is partly the manager's fault too. We slate the players intensely and absolve the manager we love of any blame. Wrong.

Why is it wrong?

You know that The Liverpool Way involves not criticising Kenny Dalglish, regardless of the situation. He bears no responsibility and no pressure either. If we finish 4th, 7th, or 10th, we just move on with him into next season. He cannot be fired, unless the owners want to see a G&H protest or two.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #962: Jan 22, 2012 09:47:03 am
      Why is it wrong?

You know that The Liverpool Way involves not criticising Kenny Dalglish, regardless of the situation. He bears no responsibility and no pressure either. If we finish 4th, 7th, or 10th, we just move on with him into next season. He cannot be fired, unless the owners want to see a G&H protest or two.

No, no manager is above critism but the Liverpool way involves patience and not knee jerking at a bad performance here and there. And not castigating a manager who has only been in charge for 12 months.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #963: Jan 22, 2012 09:50:17 am
      Games like this remind me how great Lucas and Spearing were together towards the end of last season.
      Certainly badly missed yesterday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #964: Jan 22, 2012 09:51:05 am
      No, no manager is above critism but the Liverpool way involves patience and not knee jerking at a bad performance here and there. And not castigating a manager who has only been in charge for 12 months.

You know the hodgson loving brigade will love this sentence,he got 6 months if that  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #965: Jan 22, 2012 10:04:25 am
      You know the hodgson loving brigade will love this sentence,he got 6 months if that  ;D
      Wouldn't waste the F***ing brain cells thinking about that side of it Shabs.
      Hodgson is where he should be - far away from LFC and unable to affect it in anyway as are the trolls who think he has any relevance to this club. 

Quick Reply