Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Dirk Kuyt
      (1.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (93%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Liverpool 2:2 Man City (3:2) In game and post match Rapture.

Read 41773 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Man City (3:2) In game and post match Rapture.
      Reply #667: Jan 26, 2012 08:04:19 am
      F**k YEAH!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #668: Jan 26, 2012 08:04:32 am
      So happy with the result last night. Finally, a trip to Wembley to look forward to!

I'm not going to go into individual performances - there were a few mistakes but it was a huge mark up on the sh*te we endured on Saturday against Bolton. I'm proud of the lads and hope that we approach the final with Cardiff with as much will as we did last night.
      Not only a huge improvement Joey but the lads had the wherewithall to come back twice, after the debacle at Bristol the commitment and team spirit were there for all to see.   
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #669: Jan 26, 2012 08:15:45 am
      Grrrr.... Another home draw!! :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #670: Jan 26, 2012 08:25:47 am
      At least we're away for the final.
      Maxi plays well in London.
      ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #671: Jan 26, 2012 08:30:04 am
      bbc news

Mancini criticised the decision making of referee Phil Dowd after City were knocked out of the Carling Cup semi-finals.
      Dowd awarded the spot kick after Micah Richards blocked a shot and the ball deflected up onto his hand.
      "It was impossible that it was a penalty" said City manager Mancini.

What a ridiculous statement!!
       No matter what it strikes first if the ball comes into contact with any part of a player's arm in the penalty area there is only one decision the ref can make.
      Whether the ball hits another player, a goalpost, the player himself, a stray dog or a bouncy balloon before contacting the players hand it is a penalty.
      Outside the area some leeway is allowed for such events but in the penalty area as the name implies, there is but one shout.

Mancini is talking through his ringpiece. 
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #672: Jan 26, 2012 09:06:28 am
      bbc news

Mancini criticised the decision making of referee Phil Dowd after City were knocked out of the Carling Cup semi-finals.
      Dowd awarded the spot kick after Micah Richards blocked a shot and the ball deflected up onto his hand.
      "It was impossible that it was a penalty" said City manager Mancini.

What a ridiculous statement!!
       No matter what it strikes first if the ball comes into contact with any part of a player's arm in the penalty area there is only one decision the ref can make.
      Whether the ball hits another player, a goalpost, the player himself, a stray dog or a bouncy balloon before contacting the players hand it is a penalty.
      Outside the area some leeway is allowed for such events but in the penalty area as the name implies, there is but one shout.

Mancini is talking through his ringpiece. 

Mancini is cracking up - unfortunately can See United getting number 20.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #673: Jan 26, 2012 09:09:24 am
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #674: Jan 26, 2012 09:11:10 am

How the hell did John Henry pull that beauty??????????
      Apparantely the beautie said buy the mighty reds or I'm Leaving you.  ;D  Had no choice really.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #675: Jan 26, 2012 09:21:47 am

make that many millions of reasons ;)

anyway, great performance, great fighting spirit and a great reply after the misery against bolton.

i'm still a bit concerned with our defence, both goals were poor defending, but that's the only downside.

cloud 9 :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #676: Jan 26, 2012 09:24:24 am
      Agger, whom I felt was pretty much faultless, was so frustrated with himself when Dzeko scored. I'm surprised Gerrard didn't make a real attempt to block the cross from Kolarov.

Didn't deserve to concede both the goals. Both totally against the run of play and lack of concentration when defending enabled them to score two goals from like two shots.

Anyways, we're going to Wembley and that's what matters.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #677: Jan 26, 2012 09:35:00 am
      Missed the game, (actually anyone have a highlight video?) delighted is an understatement. :)

Maybe I should miss more games just so we can win them, that's 2 in the league cup this season!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #678: Jan 26, 2012 09:36:05 am
      There's been some talk about Bellamy's commitment being compromised when we play Cardiff ???
      There is no diluting total and definitive passion for something you believe in and have the power to affect - for that reason Craig will give 100% once more for LFC.
      flameswaveswords
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #679: Jan 26, 2012 09:37:54 am
      the reds performance made me proud! the de jong-goal was a shock. but in the end city were always on their toes!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #680: Jan 26, 2012 09:38:54 am
      Missed the game, (actually anyone have a highlight video?) delighted is an understatement. :)

Maybe I should miss more games just so we can win them, that's 2 in the league cup this season!!

http://www.footytube.com/video/liverpool-manchester-city-jan25-102738?ref=hp_ozeit_mp
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #681: Jan 26, 2012 09:50:50 am
      Well that was a very enjoyable match. Well played Reds, just the response i was expecting after this weekend's strong words by Kenny.

Just about 2-3seasons ago we were saying "a team of Carraghers is all we need"... well now i think we need "a team of Bellamy's"

Craig Bellamy take a bow, you were magnificent!!

Special mention too for Skrtel and Kuyt, who i thought played with great determination too. You could tell this game meant alot to the REDMEN  yesterday.

Damn i wish i could be in Wembley for the final.... but maybe its not too late to buy one for the FA Cup final ;)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #682: Jan 26, 2012 10:05:32 am
      Great result for the club, fans and owners like.

There were still lots of individual errors in particular in central midfield but now is not the time to dwell on those.

Bring on the other sh*t from Manchester.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #683: Jan 26, 2012 10:06:14 am
      I officially love Craig Bellamy!  His goal last night was magic, helped by Kuyt and Johnson.  But the fella NEVER stops and still has pace to burn. 

For one second I thought he was going to strangle De Jong too, but turned it into a friendly gesture as the red mist descended. :D

But the red men march on.  Wembley here we come!!! ;D

Thank you Kenny.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #684: Jan 26, 2012 10:10:33 am
      Last nights result goes to show, although some people have griped with individual players, when this team is focused & set up correctly it can play a bit, still think were short of two of three players & the players needs to match that effort in every game, but when everything clicks it clicks well.

Watched the match again on LFC TV last night and apart from a five to ten minute spell after City's second goal we more than matched them on the pitch, infact in terms of creating chances and shots on goal we were head and shoulders the better team.

Bellamy has a heart of a lion doesn't he, never stopped running last night & kenny should give him until the weekend to rest them knee's of his.

Downing I thought had a very good game, dissapointed me a little bit in the first half as when Bellamy was pressing he was dropping off players and trying to usher them rather than pressurising them, but overall he played some nice balls into the box, always looked to take on his man and was unlucky not get an assist and a goal.

Henderson thought he done alright but the same as Downing dissapointed in the first half not pressing as hard as Bellamy, but think Kenny had a word at half time as both him and Downing pressed more in the second half.

Adam had a pretty decent game but still gave us his trademark foul, which could have easily been a foul, seriously needs to work on his positioning and tackling, but his passing for teh majority was crisp and sharp.

Gerrard thought he was pretty quiet in the sense he played a more disciplined role, but stroked the ball around well for the most part, converted the penalty, think he was at fault for City's second goal, if Johnson had allowed Kolarov to get that cross in he'd get crucified.

Kuyt best game in a Liverpool shirt this season, looked like the Kuyt of old, tireless running and good link up play with the worst touch in football history thrown in just for good measure, nah he wasn't that bad, just one or two occassions, but he can be forgiven.

Johnson thought he had a pretty good game going forward and linked up well with Bellars and Kuyt for Bellamy's goal.

Agger didn't really put a foot wrong,apart from losing the Ball to Barry when he marauded out from theback, wasn't much he could do about both goals.

Skrtel pretty much as above.

Enrique back to his best & he's a cool customer in that form, theres players I don't like to see trying to play football in their own 18 yarder, Enrique is not one of them, he always looks in control of the situation.

Reina thought he was at faulst for the first goal, his positioning and leap did not have the spring you expect from Pepe and I think he'll know that himself, not much he could do about teh second goal, but over all he had a good game with his distribution and the save from Aguero near the end.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #685: Jan 26, 2012 10:20:20 am
      Thought Gerrard was boss last night - he was everywhere.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #686: Jan 26, 2012 10:20:44 am
      Gerrard thought he was pretty quiet in the sense he played a more disciplined role, but stroked the ball around well for the most part, converted the penalty, think he was at fault for City's second goal, if Johnson had allowed Kolarov to get that cross in he'd get crucified.

I have to agree with this.
      Posted about it during the game, but nobody took me up on it.
      If that was Johnson not getting his right foot out to block the cross he would have certain sections on here circling.
      Ultimately there are times with Gerrard and Adam where it becomes clear how good a job Lucas does in that role for us.
      Spearing also out has been a blow for us.

Seems immaterial now as we are through to Wembley, but if Cardiff are going to get any joy against us it will be through
      the centre because they are certainly capable of stringing some passes together.

What kept City on the back foot was the work rate and closing down from Bellamy and Kuyt.
      Add Suarez to that pair in the final and we will cause Cardiff far too much upfront, but I can
      definitely seem them causing us some problems through the middle.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #687: Jan 26, 2012 10:24:46 am
      Thought Gerrard was boss last night - he was everywhere.

He was good Kyle Mate, don't get me wrong, just thought he was a bit more disciplined in his role and to me his main concern in the game was not to let City play through us, its not a bad thing, he done his job extremely well for the most part.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #688: Jan 26, 2012 10:38:28 am
      On Stevie I thought he was brilliant he probably should have lunged at the Kolarov cross, but then why was he covering for Johnson?
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #689: Jan 26, 2012 10:45:07 am
      It's the day after the night before.

I was absolutely hammered and I am now nursing a slightly worse than average hangover.

I feel that this is an apt time for me to start posting again as I am absolutely elated. I have to admit I can't quite believe it.

The way we played last night was quite simply amazing. Barring the Dezeko goal we simply outplayed them for the 90 minutes.

I simply can't wait for February 26th.

Bring It On Red Men

Quick Reply