Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Who will be the new England captain?

Read 7389 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: Who will be the new England captain?
      Reply #46: Feb 29, 2012 11:41:25 am
      proof that the joke is reality.... incredible...
      In all honesty mate it does not mean sh*t, the English national team are of no consequence and if an LFC player failed to get selected ever again I for one would rejoice.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: Feb 29, 2012 11:41:29 am
      Parker?
      F***ing joke.
      One good season with Spurs and he's captain.
      Another reason I hope England fail spectacularly at the Euros.

F**k them off Stevie, they're a joke.

Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes
      Pearce is manager & Parker is captain. Rarely has the England national team provided so much evidence of its growing irrelevance.

Simon Clancy ‏ @SiClancy
      Don't know what the fuss is about re: Parker. Why would you want a Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup winner + World Cup captain in charge
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #48: Feb 29, 2012 11:46:43 am
      Stevie G should have fu**ed the bellends off years ago.
      Confirms the lack of relevance - and the solution to irrelevant bodies? Do not give them any consideration whatever.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #49: Feb 29, 2012 11:46:57 am
      WOW.

JUST WOW.

For the fourth time, Steven Gerrard gets overlooked. So I guess Terry was first choice. Stripped off, Ferdinand was first choice. Terry made captain again and stripped off again, and Parker is third choice.

Gerrard should just retire today.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #50: Feb 29, 2012 12:06:45 pm
      Glad Parker has got the captaincy.

Now hopefully Stevie ditches the Eng-ur-land brigade for the cluesless set of bas**rds they are and focuses on the one thing that matters, Liverpool Football Club.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #51: Feb 29, 2012 12:25:14 pm
      Puts on sensible hat, just for a second.

Maybe Gerrard is not starting the match.
      Johnson is also being rested.

Not unreasonable to expect two players that have featured for a final that included extra time and penalties to get a break.
      If Gerrard is on the bench you'd hardly sit him there with the captain's armband on.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #52: Feb 29, 2012 12:25:26 pm
      Retire. It's ok thought because England will have a force of Barry and Parker in midfield to win them the Euros. Unappreciated as an England player. Who needs them. Plus we'll get a few more years out of him hopefully.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #53: Feb 29, 2012 12:33:42 pm

Not unreasonable to expect two players that have featured for a final that included extra time and penalties to get a break.
      If Gerrard is on the bench you'd hardly sit him there with the captain's armband on.

Let's not be too sensible here mate  :D but while we are Parker is also suspended for the weekend so will be able to play the full 90.

Still would like Stevie to finish as soon as though. Hopefully after the summer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,149 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Feb 29, 2012 12:37:12 pm
      Ive never ever rated Pearce. Giving the arm band to Parker  confirms it. How the fook he didn't give it to Stevie G is a joke.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #55: Feb 29, 2012 01:09:55 pm

This, I've got no time for any FA sh*te and that includes the debacle that is the England set up. Stevie's just had a 2 hours+ of football and a good nights celebration so I wouldn't imagine he'll be starting. Also Pearce has said that this match is more about the youth coming through than existing senior players.

I'm not arsed anyway, if every LFC player retired from England duty tomorrow I'd be F***ing made up.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #56: Feb 29, 2012 01:22:20 pm
      Typical , what a kick in the teeth to Gerrard. Very predictable after 'arry made it known he'd appoint Parker if it was up to him.
      The whole England set up is so southern centric , it's not  really representative of us up North ,which is probably why  most of us have no interest now.
      They'll appoint 'arry and he'll pick all his English Spurs lads.
      Stevie G has never complained at the way they've treated him over the captaincy ,I hope he tells them to stick it where the sun don't shine.
      Really hope England get stuffed good and proper tonight.
      At least we appreciate Captain fantastic.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #57: Feb 29, 2012 02:23:26 pm
      If its a decision for the long term then its a F***ing insult to Stevie.
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 29, 2012 02:34:50 pm
      Seriously people, just relax and think to reasons perhaps why Gerrard isn’t captain tonight before going off on one. Any chance he might not start? Any chance England are doing him and us a favour after all he played in a cup final on Sunday & we play the Goonies Saturday morning!

Why is this some kind of kick in the teeth to Liverpool, Gerrard and the North and seen as the FA fukking on us? They are more than likely acting on what Gerrard and us want.  ;)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #59: Feb 29, 2012 02:35:48 pm
      I wouldn't mind if it was just for today and Stevie G is the long term captain. But if Parker will be the long term captain, that's really insulting to Gerrard. Scummy FA

Besides there's no official statement that he is captain for tonight anywhere.... It's just sights mentioning rumours , and bbc with their usual quote "BBC Sport understands"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #60: Feb 29, 2012 02:38:44 pm
      So tonight's England captain is someone who captained a team to relegation last season!

Just sums up Pearce for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #61: Feb 29, 2012 03:08:41 pm
      To be fair, Stevie has not played for England since 2010 and is unlikely to play the full game tonight. Hopefully after this latest knockback he will realise where his future lies, forget about England after the summer and concentrate on Liverpool. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #62: Feb 29, 2012 03:20:59 pm
      I think there is some doubt about whether Gerrard will even play due to fitness concerns after playing 120 minutes on Sunday, so can understand Parker being chosen for this game.

Not that I particularly care.

At least as far as I know Parker has never dodged a drugs test or touted his Wembley tickets about so the FA are aiming to move in a more respectable direction.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #63: Feb 29, 2012 03:42:28 pm
      He's only got 10 caps for England. I'd be very surprised if he becomes permanent captain.

In an interview with the BBC before the Carling Cup final, Gerrard said about the captaincy, "I want it". So I'm not gona pretend to not give a F**k if he isn't the permanent captain. He wants it, therefore I want him to get it. I'd love to see him lift the trophy at Euro 2012.

But, if Harry becomes manager, there's no way he'll change the captain from Parker to Gerrard.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #64: Feb 29, 2012 03:52:18 pm
      These are meant to be the creme de la creme of English players, I don't understand why such a fuss is made of the captaincy.  Switch to the Italian system, most Caps or do something ridiculous like least caps, bit all this fuss over nothing is daft and is being stirred by sh*t bags in the media who can't be arsed to report real news.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #65: Feb 29, 2012 04:06:34 pm
      I don't get Gerrard's desire to continue to play for England.

Really think its time for him to kiss it goodbye.

In what planet is it normal to pick Parker over Gerrard for the Captaincy?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #66: Feb 29, 2012 04:07:40 pm
      In what planet is it normal to pick Parker over Gerrard for the Captaincy?

The planet where the Spurs boss is likely to become the next England manager.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Feb 29, 2012 04:08:08 pm
      Talk is from "insiders" that Stevie is starting tonight.

Don't get me wrong I care very little about international football I just think its a kick in the teeth for Stevie to be over looked.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #68: Feb 29, 2012 04:16:17 pm
      The planet where the Spurs boss is likely to become the next England manager.

The decision has Harry Redknapp written all over it.

That, to me, is just disrespectful. Parker over Gerrard is a farce. Imbecilic.

Quick Reply