Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand

Read 26498 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand
      Reply #115: Feb 12, 2012 01:51:48 pm
      I think most of us are aware about the whole 'why should he'.  I think the bigger point here is that IF he had told Kenny and the club he would shake hands and then decided not to, then he's shafted Kenny.

IF, and again we don't know whether that is the case, then he was bang out of order.

Again maybe he said he would shake Evra's hand and then Evra plays the c**t lowering his hand and at that moment Suarez thinks "F**k you"

It's all a game to the manc cu*ts and we shouldn't start looking to blame someone, I'm telling you there is no way Kenny will haul Luis over the coals over that.

No F***ing way.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #116: Feb 12, 2012 01:53:04 pm
      Having watched the video (not the photos, you can't tell anything from the stills IMO), both players are at fault.

This is what I feel happened, just my opinion, mind:

Evra was avoiding Suarez's gaze leading up to the handshake, and I do feel his hand dropped slightly as Suarez arrived, after keeping it constantly raised up to that point.

Suarez saw the hand drop, and, already very angry at Evra due to the racism claims, decided not to make the effort to search out Evra's hand.

I won't go as far as to say Evra had planned this whole series of events, I think he just wanted to "get one over" on Suarez by making him reach out for his hand. Little things please little minds.

However, his outrage at trying to grab Suarez and looking for the camera all appeared very pantomime-esque to me.

Bottom line: Suarez, IMO, regardless of who was right or wrong, should have gone for the handshake, because the media were clearly waiting for this to happen. He should have done his talking on the pitch and not given Evra, Ferguson, and the gutter press the satisfaction of dragging his and our name through the mud yet again.

That said, I'm looking at the bigger picture, and not in the heat of the moment.

Evra remains at best a small man (physically and mentally!), and, at worst, a scheming, lying, hateful c**t of a man.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #117: Feb 12, 2012 01:59:45 pm
      Having watched the video (not the photos, you can't tell anything from the stills IMO), both players are at fault.

This is what I feel happened, just my opinion, mind:

Evra was avoiding Suarez's gaze leading up to the handshake, and I do feel his hand dropped slightly as Suarez arrived, after keeping it constantly raised up to that point.

Suarez saw the hand drop, and, already very angry at Evra due to the racism claims, decided not to make the effort to search out Evra's hand.

I won't go as far as to say Evra had planned this whole series of events, I think he just wanted to "get one over" on Suarez by making him reach out for his hand. Little things please little minds.

However, his outrage at trying to grab Suarez and looking for the camera all appeared very pantomime-esque to me.

Bottom line: Suarez, IMO, regardless of who was right or wrong, should have gone for the handshake, because the media were clearly waiting for this to happen. He should have done his talking on the pitch and not given Evra, Ferguson, and the gutter press the satisfaction of dragging his and our name through the mud yet again.

That said, I'm looking at the bigger picture, and not in the heat of the moment.

Evra remains at best a small man (physically and mentally!), and, at worst, a scheming, lying, hateful c**t of a man.

Pretty much how I see it Ayrton - though I don't criticise Suarez and don't think it was that thought through. the hand dropped and he reacted and moved on.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #118: Feb 12, 2012 02:02:20 pm
      Can't believe some people are trying to compare Ferguson to the Devil, yes he has done some terrible things..... but he's no Alex Ferguson.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #119: Feb 12, 2012 02:28:46 pm

No, but I can have a good guess at who did plan it.

Ferguson.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #120: Feb 12, 2012 02:43:42 pm
      Really sick of the hypocrisy.

The FA deemed it okay to abandon the handshake tradition for the QPR/CFC game; but now everyone is on Suarez' case for "not shaking hands" with the person that tried to ruin his career? Please.

The video evidence and Suarez' comment tend to point towards some manipulation of the facts though. I thought Suarez skipped Evra, and rightly so.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #121: Feb 12, 2012 02:54:45 pm

Quick Reply