Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Luis Suarez: I'm sorry

Read 48951 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Luis Suarez: I'm sorry
      Reply #437: Feb 16, 2012 01:47:14 pm
      Hahaha, Evra too sacred to face the Ajax fans.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #438: Feb 16, 2012 02:29:03 pm
      Suarez shares similar personality traits to the likes of Cantona, DiCanio and Ginola to name but a few, with these kind of players, their madness is part & parcel of their genius.

That is true but in this instance it was his honour and pride which got in the way.

One thing I never realised even when Evra led the revolt during the World Cup is exactly how much of a nasty, goading, malicious person he is. I have absolutely no doubt he held his hand back to try and humiliate Suarez and his actions, combined with his behaviour during the match, at halftime and his celebrations at the end tryingto inflame things further tell you all you need to know him.

What a shame he appears to have gotten away with it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #439: Feb 16, 2012 03:24:50 pm
      Luis Suarez showed balls for refusing to shake Patrice Evra's hand, says Uruguay team-mate Diego Lugano

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano has risked reigniting the racism row surrounding Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra by claiming the Liverpool striker "showed balls" by not shaking the United left-back's hand.
      Suarez's decision to snub the offer of a handshake by Evra before last Saturday's clash between United and Liverpool at Old Trafford caused a furore.
      It triggered an angry response from Ferguson, who labelled the Uruguayan "a disgrace" who should be sold.
      The following day, Suarez, Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish and managing director Ian Ayre all issued public apologies.
      However, the fall-out refuses to die away, to the point where Suarez, arguably Liverpool's best player, has been linked with a summer move to PSG.

And now Lugano's views, published on his own official website, will simpy put Suarez's name back in the headlines once again.

Lugano said: "You have to have balls to do what Luis did on Saturday.

"He followed his principles. We live in a democracy, and if you do not want to greet someone, you do not do it.

"And less so if that person has made you experience some bad moments."

Suarez apologised for snubbing Evra's handshake after the game - although he did not say sorry to the Frenchman - and Lugano claims the whole uproar is nothing more than a "football argument".

He said: "He has gone through a few months he did not deserve. Everyone in football knows it is a big circus.

"Take into account that England is historically a colonial country and racism is a sensitive subject, but we all know it has nothing to do with what happened between Luis and the Manchester United player.

"It's a football argument, and many false moralists and hypocrites have profited, and Luis is the only innocent party in this situation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9086578/Luis-Suarez-showed-balls-for-refusing-to-shake-Patrice-Evras-hand-says-Uruguay-team-mate-Diego-Lugano.html
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #440: Feb 16, 2012 03:30:04 pm
      Don't mean to harp on it but if he had shaken Evra's hand, he would have actually admitted guilt and that he was wrong but just like us, he believes he didn't do anything wrong as what the media had made it out to be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #441: Feb 16, 2012 04:45:34 pm
      Don't mean to harp on it but if he had shaken Evra's hand, he would have actually admitted guilt and that he was wrong but just like us, he believes he didn't do anything wrong as what the media had made it out to be.
      Is quite right Ad, more to the point if anyone knew they were faced with a deceitful, lying sh*t devoid of any moral fibre would they be eager to take his hand as a sign of respect and goodwill? If anything Luis should be applauded for not being hypocritical and sticking to his principles. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #442: Feb 16, 2012 04:51:00 pm
      The club should really come out with a very cleverley worded statement.

It, should state that Suarez felt the accusations, hearing and subsequent hearing was unfair unjust, It should state why Suarez never shook Evra's hand, it should state that Ferguson should not be recommending Liverpool sell players and highlight the players that Ferguson has stood by, then most impiortantly state that Luis reluctantly accepted his punishment and served his ban and the handshake incident has been and gone and both the club and the player want to draw a line under and move and we'll not be answering any further questions or making any further comments on it.

But knowing us, our PR team would F**k it up big time and make us even more of a laughing stock.  :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #443: Feb 16, 2012 05:00:42 pm
      The club should really come out with a very cleverley worded statement.

It, should state that Suarez felt the accusations, hearing and subsequent hearing was unfair unjust, It should state why Suarez never shook Evra's hand, it should state that Ferguson should not be recommending Liverpool sell players and highlight the players that Ferguson has stood by, then most impiortantly state that Luis reluctantly accepted his punishment and served his ban and the handshake incident has been and gone and both the club and the player want to draw a line under and move and we'll not be answering any further questions or making any further comments on it.

But knowing us, our PR team would F**k it up big time and make us even more of a laughing stock.  :f_whistle:
      Most of the points you refer to Daz and suggest we comment about are created solely by that tw*t Ferguson with the express purpose of undermining Mr Dalglish.
      You know as do we all that there is not one iota of truth in his assertions, more importantly Kenny will know the name of the game and not justify the sh*t with a response.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #444: Feb 16, 2012 08:45:35 pm
      The club should make some sh*t up about the stadium and it makes a big story.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #445: Feb 16, 2012 08:49:18 pm
      The club should make some sh*t up about the stadium and it makes a big story.

Or start a rumour like we are going to bid for Messi and Ronaldo in the summer.That will get the all talking ???
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #446: Feb 16, 2012 08:57:37 pm
      Luis Suarez receives 'support and solidarity' from Uruguayan president Jose Mujica
      While admitting the Liverpool man is no diplomat, the head of state denied claims that he was a racist and slammed the 'exaggerated' reactions from the British media

Uruguay President Jose Mujica has released a strong statement of support for compatriot and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, affirming that it was his nation's duty to help him through his current difficulties.

The former Ajax star attracted further controversy over the weekend after he declined to shake Patrice Evra's hand before a match against Manchester United. The incident reopened the debate over the Uruguayan's alleged racist outburst to Evra in a previous meeting, for which he served an eight-game suspension.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/1662/uruguay/2012/02/16/2909829/luis-suarez-receives-support-and-solidarity-from-uruguayan
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #447: Feb 16, 2012 09:54:18 pm
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #448: Feb 16, 2012 11:22:34 pm
      1983 Movie-Trading Places.

"Of course there's something wrong with him, he's a negro!"

(Character describing Eddie Murphy)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #449: Feb 16, 2012 11:23:13 pm
      I agree with Lugano here.

F***ing funny that these righteous "English gentlemen" with the bloods of convicts, rapists and colonisers in their veins wield their axe every which way to bring a man to justice.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #450: Feb 16, 2012 11:42:17 pm
      Nacional de montevideo fans. tonight.

From Facebook.

Suarez: I want to say thanks to the fans, players and managers of NACIONAL for their great support today! A million THANKS for everybody!
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #451: Feb 16, 2012 11:51:48 pm
      Luis Suarez
      http://twitpic.com/8kufmg I want to say thanks for the great support that the Liverpool's fans have given me in these last days. I would like to say thanks again to fans of Ajax for what did today. As you know I am Uruguayan, and I defend the selection team, so I want to say thanks too the fans, players and managers of NACIONAL for their great support today! A million THANKS for everybody!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #452: Feb 16, 2012 11:52:37 pm
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #453: Feb 16, 2012 11:54:52 pm
      Great pic that.

(Congrats on the milestone btw Blood :) )
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #454: Feb 16, 2012 11:57:40 pm
      Get in Luis.

Hope he starts and we scream his F***ing name all match long.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #455: Feb 17, 2012 12:00:35 am
      wonder what 'che, ferguson lavate la boca para habiar de sir suarez' means. maybe it's something like F**k ferguson the bacon face tw*t. come on suarez!'
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #456: Feb 17, 2012 12:10:22 am
      wonder what 'che, ferguson lavate la boca para habiar de sir suarez' means. maybe it's something like F**k ferguson the bacon face tw*t. come on suarez!'

"Ferguson, wash your mouth out before you talk about Sir Suarez" or words to that effect.

And cheers LFC.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #457: Feb 17, 2012 12:12:59 am
      c**t Evra.

He knew Suarez would be in hot soup even if he didn't exactly felt abused. I mean, he could easily just say "He racially abused me" but in truth, he doesn't really care.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #458: Feb 17, 2012 12:16:15 am
      Shame that Nacional are losing :(
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #459: Feb 17, 2012 03:43:08 am
      One of these years we should tour Brazil, Argentina and especially Uruguay.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  We have a lot of friends there. Imagine the reception the club would get! And it would increase our chances of landing some of their great talent in the future.

Quick Reply