Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

What has happened to our club?

Read 10691 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      What has happened to our club?
      Feb 12, 2012 03:04:40 pm
      We used to be solid no-one not Ferguson or anyone could get at us.
      I believed that Luis wound Evra up by using words which would not of been offensive in his own country.But since the end of the match our "board/owners" have been all over the place.
      We took part in a tribunal which would not have been accepted in Law and as it was a man's reputation at stake we should never of accepted its findings and we should have pushed for a criminal conviction were it would have been thrown out of Court.
      The board have been left wanting, Kenny has been exposed by the lack of support from them and Luis is just at a loss to what sort of crime he is supposed to have committed.
      This would never of happend 10 years ago and the owners "silence" has not helped the situation at all.
      We are now an easy target for the media and will now endure even more cringeworthy interviews which Kenny will hate.
      JH is supposed to be a decent guy its about time he came out and spoke out for his club....as we have all been doing
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2012 03:27:19 pm by ayrton77 »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Re: what has happend to our club
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 03:07:19 pm
      I understand where the club is coming from, keeping their global image intact, etc...

But F me, how the club handled this is a f*cking farce! very very dissapointed with Ayre, the Club and our PR.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 03:07:21 pm
      It's all about image. I personally couldn't give a flying F**k what anyone else thought of us.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 03:09:35 pm
      It's disappointing that throughout the Suarez saga that nobody from the club's hierarchy has spoken out. Poor Kenny has had to deal with it and that isn't his job.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 03:12:02 pm
      It's all about image. I personally couldn't give a flying f**k what anyone else thought of us.

FSG do, whether we like it or not, they are the ones running the club
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 03:13:39 pm
      FSG do, whether we like it or not, they are the ones running the club
      They own the financial rights to the club we own its heart.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 03:15:24 pm
      They own the financial rights to the club we own its heart.

100% with you mate, but FSG want to keep their financial rights running and growing, not sinking. Again, all of what happened is nothing but a disgrace, really feeling let down by the club
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 03:18:03 pm
      100% with you mate, but FSG want to keep their financial rights running and growing, not sinking. Again, all of what happened is nothing but a disgrace, really feeling let down by the club
      A big part of the clubs financial appeal is the loyalty of its famous fans.If they distance themselves form us it will hurt them far more.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 03:18:09 pm
      First time I've really felt let down by the owners. I'm starting to seriously doubt they have the balls to run Liverpool Football Club via the Liverpool Way.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2012 03:19:58 pm
      First time I've really felt let down by the owners. I'm starting to seriously doubt they have the balls to run Liverpool Football Club via the Liverpool Way.
      Spot on you cant run Liverpool unless you are 100% commited to the cause they seem to be a bit stunned by the intensity of our support.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2012 03:20:38 pm
      A big part of the clubs financial appeal is the loyalty of its famous fans.If they distance themselves form us it will hurt them far more.

unfortunately it isn't, not anymore, sponsors do the talking now :( ... I hate football sometimes
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2012 03:21:46 pm
      All I hope is FSG have a case of long-sightedness about them. I hope they're thinking that the way they'll deal with ferguson is to do it on the field of play. Let him cling on and let Kenny do him over, nothing will hurt him more. The old b***ard is pulling out all the stops to try and get the title this year, Luis' ban, Kompanys red and all because of the deficiencies in his squad.

Everything he does nowadays stinks of desperation, he knows it and it's plain for everyone to see.

Dead. Man. Walking.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2012 03:24:47 pm
      unfortunately it isn't, not anymore, sponsors do the talking now :( ... I hate football sometimes
      No sponsors are attracted to the club because of the fans and the history which you cannot split.If the fans turn on the owners no company will sponsor them.
      We have a big voice we need to make sure we are heard.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: What has happened to our club?
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2012 03:28:13 pm
      We are a brand, more than a club, FSG brought us for our brand potential rather than our football potential, they dont want the brand effected
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2012 03:30:57 pm
      The club could have avoided everything by saying that it was the process we are unhappy with not Evra or UTD and that the process did not allow for a just outcome.
      Stop being victims in this and come out fighting for fucks sake.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2012 03:31:29 pm
      No sponsors are attracted to the club because of the fans and the history which you cannot split.If the fans turn on the owners no company will sponsor them.
      We have a big voice we need to make sure we are heard.

Don't mess with the Holy Trinity.

H&G tried and look what happened to them.

Without us, the Club is a mere shell!!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #16: Feb 12, 2012 03:34:09 pm
      We are a brand, more than a club, FSG brought us for our brand potential rather than our football potential, they dont want the brand effected

Spot on. An unfortunate sign of the times.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17: Feb 12, 2012 03:34:47 pm
      If Kenny is ofrced to apologise I will never forgive FSG never.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Feb 12, 2012 03:37:28 pm

But if they disaffect the customers, there is no brand mate.  They should realise that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2012 03:37:40 pm
      If Kenny is ofrced to apologise I will never forgive FSG never.

Mate it looks like he has, he apologised for his interview said it was not befitting of a Liverpool manager, feel sorry for Kenny looks like he was forced into this. Shame on FSG if he has
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Feb 12, 2012 03:38:26 pm
      But if the disaffect the customers there is no brand mate.  They should realise that.

Dunno mate if there hands are on the pulse at all with the fans mate, going to a 1 or 2 games a season is not enough
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2012 03:41:15 pm
      Dunno mate if there hands are on the pulse at all with the fans mate, going to a 1 or 2 games a season is not enough

You of all people should know how powerful we are when we put our minds to it mate. 

A few weeks of withdrawing financial support around the world and their bottom line doesn't look good to sponsors.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2012 03:42:04 pm
      Everything starts with the 44,000 at the ground if they pullout FSG have nothing. Without nights like CL nights which the supporters make special they have far less to sell.
      I am sickend by this and now we will have to endure all sorts of crap from UTD

Quick Reply