Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

What has happened to our club?

Read 10667 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: What has happened to our club?
      Reply #69: Feb 13, 2012 11:26:14 am
      F**k off with the media line and don't be a shitbag, we've seen the video and stills, set up by Evra and let's be fair to Suarez, if that was Sunday League, Suarez would of punched Evra all round the pitch, what he did on Saturday was fair in my opinion, he put his hand out and Evra acted like a tw*t, Suarez moved on and then you see Evra acting the c**t again, but no-one is prepared to bring that up in the media, cos everyone in the press are scared of Ferguson.
      I'm not being a shitbag, it is how it is.

Why bang on about the stills/vids when Suarez has already come out and said he should have but didn't shake his hand? Why bang on about the stills/vids when we now know he changed his mind after telling Dalglish he would shake his hand - thus putting him in an awkward situation?

I could say f*ck off and stop being deluded. But I won't.

As for me being scared of Fergie, no.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #70: Feb 13, 2012 11:27:09 am
      If he said he would have, fine, but Suarez is an emotional guy and it is in is his right to change his mind.
      Fair enough, but then he takes responsibility for any fall out.

Would you shake the hand of someone that has caused you so much trouble, especially if you believe you're innocent of the charges being laid by the media, just because your boss said so? 
      If I'd told the manager I would, then yes.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #71: Feb 13, 2012 11:32:23 am

Why bang on about the stills/vids when Suarez has already come out and said he should have but didn't shake his hand? Why bang on about the stills/vids when we now know he changed his mind after telling Dalglish he would shake his hand - thus putting him in an awkward situation?

He said he should have, doesn't say he didn't offer one.  Infer what you like, Evra withdraws his hand away from Luis, Suarez isn't playing silly buggers with him & carries on down the line.  Visible in the video and photos. It just says maybe Suarez thinks he should have extended his arm further.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #72: Feb 13, 2012 12:05:05 pm
      Suarez said he should have but it didn't mean he didn't offer his hand. His hand was there in a hand-shaking state but Evra DID NOT reach out.

What you expect Suarez to do? Stand there with his hand out for 3 seconds to get a reaction from Evra (Maybe this is what he should have done) or go in closer to Evra and hold his hand. He moved on when Evra didn't raise his hand to shake Suarez's hand.

If it meant Suarez had to move for forward and extend his hand out further, then it says alot about Evra doesn't it?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #73: Feb 13, 2012 12:08:05 pm
      He said he should have, doesn't say he didn't offer one.  Infer what you like, Evra withdraws his hand away from Luis, Suarez isn't playing silly buggers with him & carries on down the line.  Visible in the video and photos. It just says maybe Suarez thinks he should have extended his arm further.

And now we're getting down to nitty gritty details. This whole thing just stinks and I'm done with it.

Hopefully Suarez recovers, the media bogs off and we can get on with our football.

By the way, the FA have decided to do nothing about Evra's 'celebrations', but are going to warn mancs about future conduct.

No surprises there then.
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #74: Feb 13, 2012 12:18:31 pm
      Ok, cold light of day and all that.

We have to accept the fact that Suarez did call Evra 'negrito' (Suarez even admitted to using the word), and we have to accept that regardless of international boundaries, 'negrito', means 'nigger', and that's a racist term over here. That's not dismissing the entire South American continent, that's just how it is over here, not only in Britian, but also in Europe. That's a fact as Rafa would say.

Look at it from FSG's point of view. We don't even have to consider this from a financial perspective, we only need to look at this from a footballing perspective. I.e, having billions in the bank doesn't mean a thing if nobody wants to play for you because the world 'thinks' you are a 'racist club'. Note I said 'thinks', it doesn't even have to be true.

That's why they have come out and put daylight between the club (their club) and Suarez - so the club aren't deemed to be racist. Yes, the dead heads at sly sports can't or more likely 'won't' see it, nor any of the rags, but that's how it is. All they are saying, is 'Luis said it, not us'.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Suarez leaves in the summer, and whether he is pushed or he jumps is irrelevant. Long term, though I'd hate to see him leave, it may be best for the future of Liverpool FC club that he does leave.

I hate to say this but at the end of the day, Luis messed up in a major way, in fact, he couldn't have messed up any worse if he'd sat down and thought this out.

EDIT: Sorry, not 'nigger', it means 'negro'.

Summed up very well there Rush, I know it is not how many feel, but if that can be the end of it now everyone can then concentrate on the football. Having all these distractions going on off field does not help the players.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,625 posts | 7145 
      Reply #75: Feb 13, 2012 12:20:05 pm
      Stuffed by our owners,stuffed by the FA,stuffed by UTD ,stuffed by the media...What a great day for LFC.
      But I know that the vast majority of people out there know this has been a witch hunt and that we have been hung drawn and quartered.
      I still support Kenny and Luis because they are the teamas far as the owners are concerned they can.........( fill in the blanks ).
      Also Ian Ayres has been shown to be very weak in all of this as he has not defended the club or the staff of LFC and it should never have got to the stage where people 6000miles away abdicate to the media and to UTD.
      bad days indeed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #76: Feb 13, 2012 12:33:26 pm
      As for me being scared of Fergie, no.

I didn't even ask that question! Some F***ing ego you got there kidda.

I said all the press and media are scared of Ferguson!!

Unless there's something you're not telling us? Are you Bascombe?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,625 posts | 7145 
      Reply #77: Feb 13, 2012 12:39:17 pm
      I didn't even ask that question! Some f**king ego you got there kidda.

All the FA and media are scared stiff of Ferguson.
      Why did the FA and the Prem allow him to impose a BBC ban and why did the BBC still braodcast UTD games when they should have been off air on the BBC until Ferguson fullfilled his contractual obligations.
      Remember how the media turned on Rafa and Keegan after they dared to challenge him.
      If the powers that be think this will take some heat out of the two clubs ,how wrong they are it will only intesify it and I expect the players to will be very angry not at Luis or Kenny but the FA,UTD and the Owners.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #78: Feb 13, 2012 12:44:32 pm
      I didn't even ask that question! Some F***ing ego you got there kidda.
      No ego, I just wanted to have a verbal slanging match with you. Or maybe I just didn't read what you'd typed correctly. Imagine that!

Yeah, I get it.

Oh please.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2012 01:06:37 pm
      No ego, I just wanted to have a verbal slanging match with you. Or maybe I just didn't read what you'd typed correctly. Imagine that!
      Yeah, I get it.
      Oh please.

Well maybe you should, then you wouldn't look such a tw*t.

What type of sh*t response is oh please!

Get back to whinging about wanting the owners to spend more!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2012 01:35:42 pm
      Well maybe you should, then you wouldn't look such a tw*t.
      I made an error in judgment, it happens, because unlike you, I'm only human.

What type of sh*t response is oh please!
      About the only one your infantile response deserved.

Get back to whinging about wanting the owners to spend more!!
      I made a mistake and you get all bent out of shape by it?

You're a very aggressive, small minded, nasty little man.

I suggest you calm down before you give yourself a coronary.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2012 01:38:19 pm
      Come on lads just shake hands and move on :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2012 01:39:25 pm

I'm fine mate, it's Huyton have a fit just because I misread what he typed.

EDIT: Oh right, I see what you did there :lmao:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2012 02:51:20 pm

:lmao:

:ontopic:

Where obviously we knew that our owners had written the scripts.  There is a flaw.

Kenny in the post-match interview, said that "I wouldn't of shaken someone's hand, if they called me a racist, and I knew I wasn't".  That most probably indicates, that there was no pre-match discussion/agreement that Luis had agreed to shake Evra's hand.  If there had of been, Kenny would of been livid, and not made any comment on it whatsoever.

I feel FSG manufactured that part of the statement. And yes, hung Luis & Kenny out to dry for the image of FSG & LFC. (As we all know).

In a way, they had to do their duties, and in a sense, stepping in was the right thing to do.  The way they went about it though, I'm ashamed, & feel let down.

It feels, we've given in to Ferguson, Utd, & The FA.  Purposely for the 'good of the club'.  That's where I'm completely embarrassed.

The bottom line of the statement on Suarez made me sick to my stomach. "Luis betrayed the club". After our public backing, players, management, fans.  We turn on him in the wake of a handshake.

That was the worst thing about this whole fiasco.  We've bent over backwards for Man Utd, The FA & the media.

This was not what this whole campaign was about. We were to maintain our own stance, & not giving in to those bas**rds that continued a witch hunt on the club.

Hopefully, that's the end of all of it.  Just hope Luis doesn't go in the summer, but I wouldn't blame him if he did.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2012 03:47:58 pm
      Players come and go, the club goes on forever. Those of you who don't give a F**k what others think about the club: those others contribute sh*t tons of money in jersey sales, online memberships, etc. etc. Say what you will, but that money helps us attract players of Suarez's caliber.

They muffed this one up a bit, but everyone makes mistakes. It's right to move on and mend the club's image a tad. Hopefully our Luis understands that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #85: Feb 13, 2012 04:30:41 pm

8)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #86: Feb 13, 2012 04:32:36 pm

Suarez should have just bagged him and moved on.

Too bad this isn't the NBA..we could have had a full on brawl.  :D
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2012 04:38:13 pm
      I think this question should be asked over the last 2 decades?! What's really happened to this football club?!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #88: Feb 13, 2012 04:43:06 pm
      I think this question should be asked over the last 2 decades?! What's really happened to this football club?!

Answer could be David Moores, it all started from when him and Noel White conspired to get rid of Sir John Smith and not let Kenny have the break he needed in 91.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #89: Feb 13, 2012 04:53:14 pm
      Answer could be David Moores, it all started from when him and Noel White conspired to get rid of Sir John Smith and not let Kenny have the break he needed in 91.
      Have to agree with this.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #90: Feb 13, 2012 11:02:46 pm
      I feel Liverpool FC's decision to not appeal the FA decision against Suarez was not only inconsiderate, it was foolish.

The british media is having a field day destroying Liverpool FC's global image with this racism nonsense and they are blaming it all on Suarez and Dalglish.

Liverpool FC gave them the room when our handlers tucked their tails in between their legs instead of taking the battle to the FA.  Cowardice.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #91: Feb 13, 2012 11:22:46 pm
      The british media is having a field day destroying Liverpool FC's global image

As are threads like these.

Joke.

Quick Reply