Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

What has happened to our club?

Read 10702 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: What has happened to our club?
      Reply #46: Feb 13, 2012 07:06:44 am
       I am still waiting for the F.A. to charge Evra for acting the c-unt when the match finished,surely that in itself is not acceptable behaviour.It is up to our players now to make the media eat their words and win every game between now and the end of the season by playing the football we all know they are capable of.Lets show the bas**rds.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #47: Feb 13, 2012 07:43:11 am
      Billy, you've forgotten about this:

Rule 9829312345 in the FA lawbook

"Any team managed by Alex Ferguson is totally exempt from any action and any individual wearing a Manchester Untied shirt can do/ behavour in any manner they see fit" Please see Rule 2829484810293

Rule 2829484810293

"Deflect blame to Liverpool Football Club"
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #48: Feb 13, 2012 07:47:47 am
      Billy, you've forgotten about this:

Rule 9829312345 in the FA lawbook

"Any team managed by Alex Ferguson is totally exempt from any action and any individual wearing a Manchester Untied shirt can do/ behavour in any manner they see fit" Please see Rule 2829484810293

Rule 2829484810293

"Deflect blame to Liverpool Football Club"
      I apologise for that kelvo but you are 100% right of course.I have never been so angry over the way people have been allowed to weave their poison against this club of ours.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #49: Feb 13, 2012 07:53:09 am
      .I have never been so angry over the way people have been allowed to weave their poison against this club of ours.

I know mate, feel like I need to leave the radio, tv and internet alone for a couple of days!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #50: Feb 13, 2012 08:29:21 am
      All this apology crap is really annoying me! Will Evra come out with one?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #51: Feb 13, 2012 08:36:18 am
      I hadn't seen that Dalglish had apologised. I'm not sure what that's for and if FSG told HIM to apologise then they may well have over stepped the mark I agree. Please don't accuse me of having no idea about this club, it's insulting and untrue. I'm just expressing my opinion in terms of Suarez, his actions and the fall out. I understand how you might have mis read my post and thought I agree with it all from the bottom of my heart, but I most certainly don't. It's saddened my immensely to see Dalglish forced (possibly) to apologise for defending the club, and it saddens me even more that I've come to the conclusion that in this matter (and not in any other) we should keep ourselves to ourselves. We know what we know, and we don't need to convince anyone else of it.

If you think this is worth plunging the club back into chaos through railing against hte owners once more, so be it. I do not.

Some good points made here.I feel sorry for Kenny,luis should have told him that he wasn't going to shake that tw*ts hand if he had doubts, and if he had told kk  then Kenny would have simply  left him on the bench( remember what taggert did to Rooney over the brass incident when they where due to play the bitters at goodison he took him out the limelight and he never travelled) and we would have  avoided the situation we are all in now.it doesn't matter wheather kk,fsg or Ian ayre asked him to shake hands the point is luis said he would,hence why Kenny made that announcement about luis saying he will shake his hand.
       football today has changed  from 25 years ago,players can't scratch there onion bag today  without it
       being on news at ten!!.like every red I  don't agree with the way LFC ,luis or kk have been treated
      by this but we are LFC and we know we can rise above any sh*t thrown at us by taggert and the media.
      The Best way to deal with all this is support our  club ,kk and the players,we know what is right and who
       are wrong.let's do our talking on the pitch

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012 02:09:20 pm by RedPuppy »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Feb 13, 2012 09:28:18 am
      I knew there was something was up the moment we accepted Luis's 8 game ban, I just did not want to say anything at the time.

But it looked to me at the time that we curtailed to the pressure of teh media following the Suarez T-Shirts, with the press and the likes of Piara Pouer etc all demanding that we accept the ban and move on.

Yesterday I read the script as soon as Suarez apologised, I knew the owners had intervened and were putting the image of FSG before that of the image of Kenny or Suarez.

Have to say I'm disgusted with Kenny being forced to issue an apology, it wa sbad enough hanging Suarez out to dry, but to hang Kenny out too was a step too far in my opinion.

I'm going to go on record now and say FSG have to get pro-active Ian Ayre is class commercial man, but he's a sh*te CEO, he's running the company in the owners absence and he's handled this whole affair horribly wrong, from start to finish.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #53: Feb 13, 2012 09:33:50 am
      Ok, cold light of day and all that.

We have to accept the fact that Suarez did call Evra 'negrito' (Suarez even admitted to using the word), and we have to accept that regardless of international boundaries, 'negrito', means 'nigger', and that's a racist term over here. That's not dismissing the entire South American continent, that's just how it is over here, not only in Britian, but also in Europe. That's a fact as Rafa would say.

Look at it from FSG's point of view. We don't even have to consider this from a financial perspective, we only need to look at this from a footballing perspective. I.e, having billions in the bank doesn't mean a thing if nobody wants to play for you because the world 'thinks' you are a 'racist club'. Note I said 'thinks', it doesn't even have to be true.

That's why they have come out and put daylight between the club (their club) and Suarez - so the club aren't deemed to be racist. Yes, the dead heads at sly sports can't or more likely 'won't' see it, nor any of the rags, but that's how it is. All they are saying, is 'Luis said it, not us'.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Suarez leaves in the summer, and whether he is pushed or he jumps is irrelevant. Long term, though I'd hate to see him leave, it may be best for the future of Liverpool FC club that he does leave.

I hate to say this but at the end of the day, Luis messed up in a major way, in fact, he couldn't have messed up any worse if he'd sat down and thought this out.

EDIT: Sorry, not 'nigger', it means 'negro'.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012 10:16:44 am by Rush »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #54: Feb 13, 2012 09:36:18 am
      Exactly this has not gone away for the media.

In their minds it proves them right all along which is the thing that's annoying me the most.

Either stick with your principles and gut or go the other way.
      Don't go this far one way then leave us hanging like dickheads.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2012 09:40:40 am
      In my humble opinion this is what you have to expect from now on. The media circus and mary poppins nature of society and health and saftey means that unless you are Mother Theresa then you are in danger of being attacked.
      The nature of football is this; If owners\shareholders think that 1 less shirt would be sold because of us not uttering some meaningless words, then we should do it. Commerical success is placed above egos and the right thing to do, and unfortuantley this is the way of the world. We gave them the moral high ground when Luis refused to shake his hand, we all knew it was wrong and to shake the pricks hand would not have been the end of the world would it?
      One thing I do know is that we cannot afford to lose any more ground commercially against our rivals, and this will not ADD supporters through admiration, more likely confuse people - hopefully though the rest of the world doesnt give a F**k about our whiter than white bullshit media society. So if doing the right thing doesn't equal ££££ then it doesn't get done.....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #56: Feb 13, 2012 09:54:12 am
      Ok, cold light of day and all that.

We have to accept the fact that Suarez did call Evra 'negrito' (Suarez even admitted to using the word), and we have to accept that regardless of international boundaries, 'negrito', means 'nigger', and that's a racist term over here. That's not dismissing the entire South American continent, that's just how it is over here, not only in Britian, but also in Europe. That's a fact as Rafa would say.

Look at it from FSG's point of view. We don't even have to consider this from a financial perspective, we only need to look at this from a footballing perspective. I.e, having billions in the bank doesn't mean a thing if nobody wants to play for you because the world 'thinks' you are a 'racist club'. Note I said 'thinks', it doesn't even have to be true.

That's why they have come out and put daylight between the club (their club) and Suarez - so the club aren't deemed to be racist. Yes, the dead heads at sly sports can't or more likely 'won't' see it, nor any of the rags, but that's how it is. All they are saying, is 'Luis said it, not us'.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Suarez leaves in the summer, and whether he is pushed or he jumps is irrelevant. Long term, though I'd hate to see him leave, it may be best for the future of Liverpool FC club that he does leave.

I hate to say this but at the end of the day, Luis messed up in a major way, in fact, he couldn't have messed up any worse if he'd sat down and thought this out.

No problem with that Rush really mate.

My problem has been from day one really the wording of it, if that report said we are suspending Luis Suarez for 8 games for using the word Negrito then fine, but it didnt, it left the other accusations hanging over him that there were no proof of.. The ones that are alot worse than using that word once in an argument.
      Luis said in his interview with the FA he admitted using that and would never use it again on an English football field again..
      Ban him for that but dont f**k the guys reputation on the balance of probability and their opinuion without one shred of evidence. That is why we have been annoyed as a club and fans.. And i think the owners agreed with that stance or they would have got involved earlier.
      So why not say that in a press conference, say we will accept the ban we want the other accusations looking into again and his name clearing because are you telling me that not one camera in the whole ground from around the world wouldnt pick him up saying them?

After that the whole way the top brass of the club has handled it has been wrong...

They cant back Luis and Kenny and the squads view that Luis reputation has taken a battering for no real reason, let them do what they did and now pull the carpet from under their feet and leave them hanging and looking guilty in th eyes of the media and the rest of football..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #57: Feb 13, 2012 10:20:27 am
      No problem with that Rush really mate.

My problem has been from day one really the wording of it, if that report said we are suspending Luis Suarez for 8 games for using the word Negrito then fine, but it didnt, it left the other accusations hanging over him that there were no proof of.. The ones that are alot worse than using that word once in an argument.
      Luis said in his interview with the FA he admitted using that and would never use it again on an English football field again..
      Ban him for that but dont f**k the guys reputation on the balance of probability and their opinuion without one shred of evidence. That is why we have been annoyed as a club and fans.. And i think the owners agreed with that stance or they would have got involved earlier.
      So why not say that in a press conference, say we will accept the ban we want the other accusations looking into again and his name clearing because are you telling me that not one camera in the whole ground from around the world wouldnt pick him up saying them?

After that the whole way the top brass of the club has handled it has been wrong...

They cant back Luis and Kenny and the squads view that Luis reputation has taken a battering for no real reason, let them do what they did and now pull the carpet from under their feet and leave them hanging and looking guilty in th eyes of the media and the rest of football..

Agreed PD.

If FSG only take one thing away from all this, I hope it's 'you need to deal with this kind of thing swiftly, and decisively'. They've done neither, and it's definitely made matters worse for everyone concerned, and that included their millions of fans. It could have and should have been handled better.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 13, 2012 10:31:37 am
      I think it was right to issue the apologys or this thing would just have dragged on and on bringing an unneccesary distraction from the football and getting back to where we should be.  Storm in a teacup lets put the issue to bed now and hopefully things will be looking a lot rosier in a few weeks with a new cup in the trophy cabinet followed by a nice win over Arsenal :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #59: Feb 13, 2012 10:38:34 am

'negrito', means 'nigger', and that's a racist term over here.

Stopped reading here.  He admitted to using the term Negro (pronounced Neh-grow nor Knee-grow) once and that's a very important distinction, it'd be like saying shat whilst in france, you're talking turds, the french would think cat and for me that's why it's an important distinction, unless we're a very xenophobic island, oh whoops, we are, surely context is as important as the word, especially in a discriminatory context.  Even in context, the word does refer to a players skin colour and this Suarez should have got a 2 match ban according to FA rules.  Luis Suarez is not a racist, words stated by the FA & Evra, so that removes the racist section of the offence he was banned for.  Now the only thing the FA has to beat him with is the multiple times, 10, 5, 7.. whatever.  If any footage of this existed, you think Sky wouldn't have broadcast it by now?  You're a fool if you answer no.   That's all the charges answered, a two match ban, because thems the rules and it'sdone & dusted.

Suarez accepted the word is offensive, he has promised he won't use it again.  That should have been the end, he didn't apologise to Evra because he believes Evra has lied and exaggerated, I'm guessing he didn't shake the hand for the same reason.  I'm not sure I could have shaken his hand either. 

It's possible the club have felt under so much pressure, they've felt they had no other option, behind closed doors, who knows.  Sometimes, as painful as it is, an unneeded apology is the way forward, especially to calm a tabloid press who have done all but ask for Suarez's blood.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012 10:49:32 am by Roddenberry »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #60: Feb 13, 2012 10:47:14 am
      Roddenberry: "Suarez accepted the word is offensive, he has promised he won't use it again.  That should have been the end, he didn't apologise to Evra because he believes Evra has lied and exaggerated, I'm guessing he didn't shake the hand for the same reason.  I'm not sure I could have shaken his hand either."

Fair enough, but he's messed up regardless. Messed up because after telling KK he'd shake, he didn't. They guy's not exactly helping his case is he?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #61: Feb 13, 2012 10:52:22 am
      Stopped reading here.  He admitted to using the term Negro (pronounced Neh-grow nor Knee-grow) once and that's a very important distinction, it'd be like saying shat whilst in france, you're talking turds, the french would think cat and for me that's why it's an important distinction, unless we're a very xenophobic island, oh whoops, we are, surely context is as important as the word, especially in a discriminatory context.  Even in context, the word does refer to a players skin colour and this Suarez should have got a 2 match ban according to FA rules.  Luis Suarez is not a racist, words stated by the FA & Evra, so that removes the racist section of the offence he was banned for.  Now the only thing the FA has to beat him with is the multiple times, 10, 5, 7.. whatever.  If any footage of this existed, you think Sky wouldn't have broadcast it by now?  You're a fool if you answer no.   That's all the charges answered, a two match ban, because thems the rules and dine & dusted.

Suarez accepted the word is offensive, he has promised he won't use it again.  That should have been the end, he didn't apologise to Evra because he believes Evra has lied and exaggerated, I'm guessing he didn't shake the hand for the same reason.  I'm not sure I could have shaken his hand either. 

It's possible the club have felt under so much pressure, they've felt they had no other option, behind closed doors, who knows.  Sometimes, as painful as it is, an unneeded apology is the way forward, especially to calm a tabloid press who have done all but ask for Suarez's blood.

Very good post Rodders and echo's my thoughts very nearly..

Only one thing.

I think as I have said that as a club we should have as soon as the ban came out have said the following:

We accept the ban as we don't want to stand in the way of the fight against Racism. But we want the case re-opening on the side of the other things in there that there is no proof of. We are not asking for games off but we want Luis clearing of the other comments which we feel we're never made.

As you rightly said Rodders, if people think they were they are mad for me, if it all went off in two minutes around that corner then every camera from around the world would be pointing at it and none came up with anything to back it up, sky would have run it a million times by now if so.

It's wrong that he has been labeled with that and that's why us as a club have been behind him. But why have we not come out and said that publically. Even now? Even today? It's not that Luis doesn't like him because he is black it's because he doesn't respect him and he has exaggerated the incident. Who knows what went off in the hour or minutes before the handshake that made him change his mind? Im sure he wouldn't have told Kenny he would shake his hand if he had no intention of doing so.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #62: Feb 13, 2012 10:54:10 am
      Roddenberry: "Suarez accepted the word is offensive, he has promised he won't use it again.  That should have been the end, he didn't apologise to Evra because he believes Evra has lied and exaggerated, I'm guessing he didn't shake the hand for the same reason.  I'm not sure I could have shaken his hand either."

Fair enough, but he's messed up regardless. Messed up because after telling KK he'd shake, he didn't. They guy's not exactly helping his case is he?

F**k off with the media line and don't be a shitbag, we've seen the video and stills, set up by Evra and let's be fair to Suarez, if that was Sunday League, Suarez would of punched Evra all round the pitch, what he did on Saturday was fair in my opinion, he put his hand out and Evra acted like a tw*t, Suarez moved on and then you see Evra acting the c**t again, but no-one is prepared to bring that up in the media, cos everyone in the press are scared of Ferguson.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #63: Feb 13, 2012 10:56:12 am
      F**k off with the media line and don't be a shitbag, we've seen the video and stills, set up by Evra and let's be fair to Suarez, if that was Sunday League, Suarez would of punched Evra all round the pitch, what he did on Saturday was fair in my opinion, he put his hand out and Evra acted like a tw*t, Suarez moved on and then you see Evra acting the c**t again, but no-one is prepared to bring that up in the media, cos everyone in the press are scared of Ferguson.

No one also brings up that on the occasions that Evra went out of his way to wind him up Luis didn't react.

I again feel that Luis is being painted as the only bad guy Saturday and wrongly so.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #64: Feb 13, 2012 10:56:30 am

If he said he would have, fine, but Suarez is an emotional guy and it is in is his right to change his mind.

Would you shake the hand of someone that has caused you so much trouble, especially if you believe you're innocent of the charges being laid by the media, just because your boss said so? 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #65: Feb 13, 2012 10:58:33 am
      No one also brings up that on the occasions that Evra went out of his way to wind him up Luis didn't react.

I again feel that Luis is being painted as the only bad guy Saturday and wrongly so.

The failure to mention what could have happened 20 seconds into the game, if Ferdinand hadn't gotten in the way, for example.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #66: Feb 13, 2012 11:03:38 am
      This is what pisses me off. By all means apologise. By all means blame the player, but there were a lot of other issues on Saturday that just seem to have been forgotten - the Daily Mail has a story today on the basis that the red issue/klu klux klan masks were confiscated and that it is against peoples civil liberties to confiscate these items.

Where is the faux outrage about Ferguson's comments or Evra's theatrics at the end or Ferdinands refusal to shake hands

Answer, nowhere.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Feb 13, 2012 11:07:20 am
      The failure to mention what could have happened 20 seconds into the game, if Ferdinand hadn't gotten in the way, for example.

Exactly from that point right to the running in front of him at the end... Luis just walked on and didn't get involved yet he is the only bad guy in this...

For people to question why some of us are upset is wrong.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #68: Feb 13, 2012 11:17:55 am
      In the media's and everyone's eyes, Evra is the darling angel of football whereas Suarez is always the culprit.

Everyone who thinks Suarez is always the culprit and Evra is holy angel, think again. Has anyone actually thought that Evra could be the problem?

I tell you what, their reputations prior to this tells alot.

Maybe Suarez has bitten an opponent's ear or used his hands to block the ball from entering into the goal but Evra's no angel either. You've seen what he's done in the World Cup and you've seen what he did at the end of the match that day.

I wouldn't be surprised he's doing all this just to cause Suarez problems.

Quick Reply