Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Those who have lead us down a very shakey road

Read 5396 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Those who have lead us down a very shakey road
      Feb 12, 2012 04:06:42 pm
      How can we let those who have let KK down today How bad we feel
       :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1510 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Those who have lead us down a very shakey road
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 04:11:12 pm
      How can we let those who have let KK down today How bad we feel
       :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      By demanding they give KK £200m in the summer?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 04:13:13 pm
      By demanding they give KK £200m in the summer?

That wont make up for how low and let down i feel right now... I have never felt let down by this club before in nearly 30 years as a fan, today i feel a pr**k and honestly like crying regarding the whole situation...

Even under the last owners i felt US... As a club were together, today i dont...

Money cant buy that back...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 04:17:53 pm
      Owners are behaving like spinless F.A. puppets.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 04:21:33 pm
      I'm in shock.I know full well he knew that Luis didn't shake Evra's hand and felt proud the way he defended him.

How could he not have known ? Everyone would have seen the reaction of Evra grabbing him,He had to talk to the team at half time,surely someone on the coaching staff,players,assistant refferee's,stewards,police would have let him know.

And now to back track and give a grovelling apology to that lying c**t is hurtful,To listen to fergie at his hypocritical best bang on about how he should never  play for Liverpool again despite backing,Roy Keane,Eric Cantona,and Rio Ferdinand after doing worse things than refusing to shake hands !

Last week i was so positive about our future but now i really don't know

IKWT
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 04:26:42 pm
      the lads in the team got right behind him and we do to.FSG have really unleashed something, they have no idea what power we yield.
      who would sponsor a club who's owners sh*t on their own forma great height.
      Hey these are Yanks the only thing they understand is money the souless cu*ts.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 04:35:39 pm
      Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment.  We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion.  We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise.  It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act.  It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'.  The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black.  He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms.  Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

You know, that statement got us all up and ready to support Suarez, we expected the club to appeal after that statement despite all the negative BS from the media. But then what happened? why the sudden change in our stance? The Liverpool way always taught us to fight in what we believe in, in what we think is right, in what we think that injustice was brought down upon of our most exciting player we have seen in a long time. In this case the Liverpool way was thrown out the window, Not only Suarez was hung out to dry, but us fans are left out in the cold after constantly supporting, singing, chanting for Kenny Dalglish and Suarez. Its a farce how the club handled all this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 04:39:06 pm
      they need to understand that if you cross us you cross us for life whilst the nedia will go on to other stuff.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,548 posts | 1493 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 04:41:33 pm
      Gonna be in a foul mood now all week....
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2012 04:44:12 pm
      Don't think our american owners will want to get caught up i a row over 'alleged racism ' , however i do think the people above Kenny at LFC should have grabbed this by the bollocks when it first started and challenged the FA either in their offices or in court .Time to get back to football soon i hope
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2012 05:06:17 pm
      Don't think our american owners will want to get caught up i a row over 'alleged racism '

I agree with that, so therefore we should have sat down in a press conference and set out why we feel we have been harshly treated and why we feel the treatment by the media is wrong...

Not do what we have dont today which now for everyone in the whole world who cant be bothered to look into it will jump to the conclusion that we were wrong.. By not standing up we will and have been and for a long time going forward be labelled as a racist club.

By not standing up to it thats what we have accepted..

Thats wrong.. And im very deflated by that..
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2012 05:35:18 pm
      I think Luis has been let down by the club, he obviously knows he was innocent but for the sake of PR was told to accept the guilty verdict. It bubbled up and he seen that sneering evra on his high horse and thought il teach him a lesson. We should have appealed the decision and made it clear it was wrong. we should have fought it to the death. Now the club, players and manager are giving and recieving mixed signals. We've been forced to apologise making us actually look guilty. Only aldo and john barnes have stood up for us in the media. Really annoyed with this situation !!!
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #12: Feb 13, 2012 12:35:57 pm
      Ive been a big supporter of FSG so far but they have completely mishandled this whole case from the start.

I dont think they took the original charge seriously enough - they could have literally hired the best legal team money could buy to defend Suarez at the FA hearing and the cost would have been a drop in the ocean compared to the loss the player and the club will make through damage to our reputation.

Now theyve forced Suarez and King kenny to issue this apology and made everyone at the club look like *******s. Theyve left kenny with a difficult task. th eplayers in the team who are hiding can now go on hiding behind thee excuses; those that need motivating are going to be hard to gee up when they remember how the club has left Suarez out to dry.

I hate to admit it to myself but I lost some respect for the club with the way the Rafa situation was handled - at least I could put that down to Hicks and Gillette but this is almost as bad.

Really disappointed as I thought our new owners actually had some backbone.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #13: Feb 13, 2012 12:46:46 pm
      Luis,Kenny and the Fans have been let down by the club.They have failed in the management of this situation and Ayres as the CEO has to take responsiblity for the mess not Luis or Kenny. We needed to decide right from the begining if we were going to see this through or let it go and apologise.
      In effect we did neither and there has been no leadership at all.When we decided not to appeal all the previous statements looked hollow and I am sure Luis felt let down.
      I don't know how the owners will repsond now but for me they have commited a cardinal sin and indoing so destroyed something that started back in 1959 when Billy Shankly built a club on foundations of total solidarity.
      He will be turning in his grave right now.He would have met this head on right from the first inclination of trouble.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 13, 2012 12:50:31 pm
      I can understand the sentiment but i think we're in danger of overeacting a little, Luis has apologised now lets move on and concentrate on the football, from the 1st incident between the two its been the most over scrutinised handbags at ten paces of all time, sick to death of the whole issue.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Feb 13, 2012 01:30:07 pm
      Its ok to be angry at the owners but there not the real problem here. The media are. And td have the media were they want them.

Yes mistake was made yesterday by Fenway but fook me lads the enemy is not within
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #16: Feb 13, 2012 01:38:51 pm
      Its ok to be angry at the owners but there not the real problem here. The media are. And td have the media were they want them.

Yes mistake was made yesterday by Fenway but fook me lads the enemy is not within
      If we had held our hands up and said ffrom the begining that Luis made a mistake and took our punishment I coul dhave lived with that.
      But we seemed to be 100% up for the fight and have the "T" shirts  too.But they pulled the rug on an appeal for purely commercial reasons which obviously has upset Luis who feels victimised for an innocent mistake and its left Kenny right smack in the middle of a heap of trouble.
      The problem is the owners neither understand football or our level of total support.ITs a simple doctrine you are either with us or against us.Now the owners have on two occasions decided not to stand with us not wishing to upset sponsors but willing to upset fans.
      How can this relationship recover as we already have had a bad experience with American owners.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #17: Feb 13, 2012 01:51:16 pm
      I think you all need to lighten up.  The board has taken the stance that they did because they want this all to go away as quickly as possible.  This is why Suarez was instructed to shake Evra's hand, to put it all to bed.  Instead, he acted like a child. 

No one is saying that Suarez has to like Evra as a person, but he should have been smart enough to realize that by not shaking his hand he is just prolonging the entire situation.  Our club has already been cast in a poor light because of all of this, and now the cloud will continue to hang over the club for even longer. 

Don't blame our owners for trying to clear the air as much as possible.  They are trying to move this club forward and the best way for them to do that is by simply apologizing and moving on. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18: Feb 13, 2012 02:04:38 pm
      Harry then they should have taken that stance at the end of October not now... They let this situation run rather than us make a stand one way or the other.

Luis should have shook his hand if he agreed to before the game but we don't know if something else happened prior to that.

This situation should have been sorted out long before Saturday.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1510 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19: Feb 13, 2012 02:26:51 pm
      WARNING! Article may cause palpitations:

"Conspiracy theories have ranged from the FA committee being put together by Sir Alex Ferguson to Evra purposely lowering his hand to avoid the hand shake with Suarez. It's pathetic. Utterly, utterly pathetic and not even worthy of a response. "

More here: Mark Holmes

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #20: Feb 13, 2012 02:40:51 pm
      Harry then they should have taken that stance at the end of October not now... They let this situation run rather than us make a stand one way or the other.

Luis should have shook his hand if he agreed to before the game but we don't know if something else happened prior to that.

The owners have stuck by him the whole time.  They did not appeal the ban because they did not want to prolong the agony and increase the amount of time that Luis would spend on the sidelines.  Do you really think that, given the lack of evidence, there would have been enough of a reason to overturn the FA's original ruling?  I think that the owners decided that this was not a smart gamble to take and they decided to just accept the ban and move on.  Once that stance was taken, it was only a matter of Luis accepting and serving his ban.  Saturday's handshake could have been the last time anyone ever mentioned this whole drama, but unfortunately, now it will continue until the next time we play Man U because everyone will want to see what happens with Suarez/Evra. 

This whole situation has been a ridiculous soap opera that has been blown out of proportion by the media and should be put to bed as quickly as possible so that the club can move forward and focus on football.  In my opinion, the owners have done what they needed to do in order to ensure that we put this behind us as quickly as possible. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #21: Feb 13, 2012 02:43:13 pm

At the end of October things looked a lot different than they do now to be fair to FSG. This situation should have been sorted out long before Saturday but whoever is in charge of running the club in Liverpool has some culpability as well. They were given leeway by the owners to take care of it and instead of taking care of it, it got worse. There is enough blame to go around in this situation, I think it best at this point if folks just moved on.....it's getting to the point where even the supporters are starting to turn on each other. Slur Alex is probably loving this.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22: Feb 13, 2012 03:09:55 pm
      The owners have stuck by him the whole time.  They did not appeal the ban because they did not want to prolong the agony and increase the amount of time that Luis would spend on the sidelines.  Do you really think that, given the lack of evidence, there would have been enough of a reason to overturn the FA's original ruling?  I think that the owners decided that this was not a smart gamble to take and they decided to just accept the ban and move on.  Once that stance was taken, it was only a matter of Luis accepting and serving his ban.  Saturday's handshake could have been the last time anyone ever mentioned this whole drama, but unfortunately, now it will continue until the next time we play Man U because everyone will want to see what happens with Suarez/Evra. 

This whole situation has been a ridiculous soap opera that has been blown out of proportion by the media and should be put to bed as quickly as possible so that the club can move forward and focus on football.  In my opinion, the owners have done what they needed to do in order to ensure that we put this behind us as quickly as possible.

I take it you haven't read what I've said over the last two days and are just reading into that what you think I meant?

Very quickly what I wanted from day one was this:

The day the report and ban came out I feel that we should have said that we accept the ban and are not going to appeal it but we want the part where the report says that  in the probability of the events they felt that those worse comments were made. I imagine that is why Luis feels no respect for Evra because his reputation has been shot over one mans story and no proof. So I'd like us to have had that looked into again and him cleared of saying those accusations if there was indeed no proof as it seems there wasn't.

If that had been done straight away then we could have restored Luis's reputation and taken the ban on the fact he admits saying that word once.. Which he admitted.

I feel that's why the Manager and the players and at that point the owners agreed that Luis had been harshly treated by what people now think of him. By us not questioning that Luis has probably been getting more frustrated by the press's destruction of him.

My point being we/the owners shouldn't have let this stumble it's way to Saturday.

Quick Reply