Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Martin Skrtel
      133 (49.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      107 (39.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      20 (7.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      0 (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      0 (0%)
      Dan Agger
      3 (1.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      0 (0%)
      Andy Carroll
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (0.4%)
      Someone else?
      2 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 264

2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation

Read 65215 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1081: Feb 26, 2012 07:57:52 pm
      I think the reference to the 2005 over the 2001 final was the comback rather than the way the game was won !
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1082: Feb 26, 2012 07:57:57 pm
      Get the F**k in there lads!!!!!!! First of many under KK second spell. Excellent match and credit to Cardiff they did themselves more than proud and after that I'll be wishing them all the luck in their challenge for promotion.

Downing needs to show this kind of performance in the league because that was like a different player the last two (cup) matches, so I hope it's more a case of him suddenly discovering his form again and not just turning it on when he wants to. Easily man of the match for me, constant threat, always wanted and carried the ball with purpose and was a joy to watch. One of Luis' worst performances for us and I'd agree tried too hard, think he realised he was having a bad game and declined the peno because he felt it wasn't his day.

Absolutely delighted, not gonna run through the team, just a massive pat on the back for all of the lads for going the distance and bringing home the silverware!! Now let's use this as momentum for 4th and the F.A. Cup!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1083: Feb 26, 2012 07:58:20 pm
      Made up! Couldn't give a flip that it was so close. A final is a final, anything can happen, and you take a win any way you can.

And no-one deserves a winners medal more than Dirk Kuyt. What a player he has been over the years for us.

Get in redmen! YNWA!!!!!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1084: Feb 26, 2012 07:58:38 pm
      Stat attack

Cardiff : Liverpool
      Possession
      47% : 53%
      Total Shots
      11 : 39
      On Target
      7 : 19
      Corners
      3 : 19
      Fouls
      11 : 14

Cups
      0 : 1

EUROPE Here we Come!

39 shots! I went from hard to limp for 37 of em! Bloody knackered now

;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1085: Feb 26, 2012 07:58:54 pm
      Charlie Adam pen seen over the midwest...

Massive fireball reported across Midwestern sky
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1086: Feb 26, 2012 07:59:01 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1087: Feb 26, 2012 08:00:20 pm
      Martin Skrtel and Stewart Downing take a F***ing bow. Brilliant from both of them, and great from Dirk too.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1088: Feb 26, 2012 08:00:39 pm

Charlie's penalty spotted leaving planet Earth!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1089: Feb 26, 2012 08:00:45 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1090: Feb 26, 2012 08:03:33 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1091: Feb 26, 2012 08:04:42 pm
      To all those who stepped up to take penalties

It isn't easy, it's bloody nerve busting, and takes some real balls to do so.

Everyone a hero.

Hope Agger is ok
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #1092: Feb 26, 2012 08:05:19 pm
      Anybody complaining can F**k right off because I'm not prepared to get meself banned on a day when my beloved Liverpool Football Club have finally returned to winning trophies. And if I see one negative c**t today then I won't be able to help meself but let rip on the tw*t.

Anyway, now that's out the way let me start by saying just how F***ing delighted I am with my club. Six long years since a trophy, nine long years without the League Cup and seventeen long years since we won at Wembley. All that has gone now. We're back. We're winning trophies again. We're in Europe again as of next year. We've shown everybody that under Kenny Dalglish we are a force to be reckoned with. And that hurts every non-Liverpool fan because at long last Liverpool Football Club is back.

We've beaten every side put in front of us. We've had two potential banana skins in the early rounds with away trips to Exeter and Brighton. We've traditionally struggled at the Britannia. Away to Chelsea is always difficult. And to top it off we get the runaway leaders Man City in the semi finals. We fu**ed the lot of them. None of them even came close to us.

Then today in the final, the gulf in quality was there. All this credit to Cardiff bollocks, you're crediting their defenders which means we must of attacked for the majority of the game. They had three maybe four chances in 120 minutes. We had countless. We deserved to win. F**k what anybody else says, we deserved to win - it's as simple as that.

The penalties could of been better taken but so what, we scored more than they did and that's all that matters on penalties. It's not who misses first, it's who misses last. And that was them. F***ing delighted to see it an all. Couldn't care less about being sporting or feeling sorry for them, I screamed as loud as I possibly could when Gerrard missed for them.

Me eyes are stinging from the amount of tears I've cried. It started with Skrtel's goal when the passion just flooded out. And when Dirk got that goal in extra time I was in buckets, as was me arl fella beside me. After Gerrard's miss from the spot, I went again and to see how much joy our boys got from winning the League Cup made me even prouder to be a Red.

I haven't been as happy as this for a very, very long time but as always it's Liverpool Football Club that give me my greatest memories.

Kenny's smile is a joy to behold any time but especially after today's win. The pride he showed was immense. You can see just how much this club means to him. Was chuffed to see so many of the boys decked out in Liverpool scarves as well, showing that it means something to them. And when Stevie lifted that trophy up, I thought nothing but "yessssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss".

When we return to Wembley in May for the FA Cup final, we can celebrate a fully deserved double.

But for now, I'll take great pleasure in celebrating this triumph.

Thank you Redmen, you've made me a very, very, very happy and proud Kopite once again.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1093: Feb 26, 2012 08:05:24 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1094: Feb 26, 2012 08:05:45 pm
      Europa league secured no excuse but to go for it now until the end of the season now.
      What a great day.Thankyou Kenny
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1095: Feb 26, 2012 08:06:26 pm
      I'm loving the jokes about Charlie Adam's penalty ;D

Great PK by Glen btw
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1096: Feb 26, 2012 08:07:17 pm
      Anybody complaining can f**k right off because I'm not prepared to get meself banned on a day when my beloved Liverpool Football Club have finally returned to winning trophies. And if I see one negative c**t today then I won't be able to help meself but let rip on the tw*t.

Anyway, now that's out the way let me start by saying just how f**king delighted I am with my club. Six long years since a trophy, nine long years without the League Cup and seventeen long years since we won at Wembley. All that has gone now. We're back. We're winning trophies again. We're in Europe again as of next year. We've shown everybody that under Kenny Dalglish we are a force to be reckoned with. And that hurts every non-Liverpool fan because at long last Liverpool Football Club is back.

We've beaten every side put in front of us. We've had two potential banana skins in the early rounds with away trips to Exeter and Brighton. We've traditionally struggled at the Britannia. Away to Chelsea is always difficult. And to top it off we get the runaway leaders Man City in the semi finals. We fu**ed the lot of them. None of them even came close to us.

Then today in the final, the gulf in quality was there. All this credit to Cardiff bollocks, you're crediting their defenders which means we must of attacked for the majority of the game. They had three maybe four chances in 120 minutes. We had countless. We deserved to win. F**k what anybody else says, we deserved to win - it's as simple as that.

The penalties could of been better taken but so what, we scored more than they did and that's all that matters on penalties. It's not who misses first, it's who misses last. And that was them. F***ing delighted to see it an all. Couldn't care less about being sporting or feeling sorry for them, I screamed as loud as I possibly could when Gerrard missed for them.

Me eyes are stinging from the amount of tears I've cried. It started with Skrtel's goal when the passion just flooded out. And when Dirk got that goal in extra time I was in buckets, as was me arl fella beside me. After Gerrard's miss from the spot, I went again and to see how much joy our boys got from winning the League Cup made me even prouder to be a Red.

I haven't been as happy as this for a very, very long time but as always it's Liverpool Football Club that give me my greatest memories.

Kenny's smile is a joy to behold any time but especially after today's win. The pride he showed was immense. You can see just how much this club means to him. Was chuffed to see so many of the boys decked out in Liverpool scarves as well, showing that it means something to them. And when Stevie lifted that trophy up, I thought nothing but "yessssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss".

When we return to Wembley in May for the FA Cup final, we can celebrate a fully deserved double.

But for now, I'll take great pleasure in celebrating this triumph.

Thank you Redmen, you've made me a very, very, very happy and proud Kopite once again.

Well said mate.

cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #1097: Feb 26, 2012 08:09:01 pm
      Too right.  We've just won a cup and the man's not happy!

Oh trust me, I am over the feckin moon that we got the result, my comment was really about how we always get to do this to ourselves and not do it the easy way! Credit to the opposition today too. Over the moon we get to grab some silverware.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1098: Feb 26, 2012 08:09:38 pm
      I have decided upon my demise that upon my tombstone I want the following.
      "Here lies a Kopite"
      Thats all I would like to be remembered by.
      Did anyone really think today would end up any different than it has.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1099: Feb 26, 2012 08:10:13 pm
      Channel 434 (lfc tv)

Cameras in the LFC dressing room
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #1100: Feb 26, 2012 08:10:16 pm
      Why does there always seem to be a war between us n Sky they just can't let us enjoy our victory
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #1101: Feb 26, 2012 08:11:40 pm
      Oh trust me, I am over the feckin moon that we got the result, my comment was really about how we always get to do this to ourselves and not do it the easy way! Credit to the opposition today too. Over the moon we get to grab some silverware.

Does it matter how you win trophies as long as you win them? No. So stop F***ing complaining and just bask in our victory.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #1102: Feb 26, 2012 08:12:16 pm
      Cardiff fought like beavers today.

But still couldn't beat the mighty Liverpool FC!!! ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1103: Feb 26, 2012 08:12:25 pm
      Charlie's penalty spotted leaving planet Earth!

Are you sure? That could have been any one of Stevie's shots on goal.  ;)

But hey; let's not dwell on the 'negative': eh?  We've won yet another cup... the future's only just begun Redmen.

Quick Reply