Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Martin Skrtel
      133 (49.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      107 (39.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      20 (7.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      0 (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      0 (0%)
      Dan Agger
      3 (1.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      0 (0%)
      Andy Carroll
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (0.4%)
      Someone else?
      2 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 264

2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation

Read 64342 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1104: Feb 26, 2012 08:12:29 pm
      Did anyone really think today would end up any different than it has.

Not me mate. I was always confident of us lifting the trophy just didn't really expect Cardiff to defend so well.

Sitting here now I'm actually pleased we were yet again in one of the most exciting finals in recent years.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1105: Feb 26, 2012 08:14:25 pm

Charlie's penalty spotted leaving planet Earth!

North Korea on Missile alert.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1106: Feb 26, 2012 08:15:08 pm
      That win was for us. The journey that we've been on the past year and a half is indescribable. H&G, Roy Hodgson, border-line relegation zone, the Return of the KING KENNY DALGLISH, Torres, Suarez, Carroll, summer overhaul, draws galore at Anfield, Patrice Evra, media sheep, sh*t fans of other clubs, hacks in the media, false moral high grounds, and every other thing else not mentioned above.

I'm so proud. We deserve this, we earned this.

"At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky"
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1107: Feb 26, 2012 08:16:21 pm

YEEHA!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1108: Feb 26, 2012 08:16:38 pm
      Why does there always seem to be a war between us n Sky they just can't let us enjoy our victory
      Part of the Murdock empire of liers and snakes
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1109: Feb 26, 2012 08:17:43 pm
      I'm loving the jokes about Charlie Adam's penalty ;D

It was a F***ing joke, and to be honest just proves the lad should be gone.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #1110: Feb 26, 2012 08:17:51 pm
      Oh trust me, I am over the feckin moon that we got the result, my comment was really about how we always get to do this to ourselves and not do it the easy way! Credit to the opposition today too. Over the moon we get to grab some silverware.

That's the deal when you sign up to support the Reds!  It is never ever easy, is it?!  As I said, I will die one day watching Liverpool in a cup final.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1111: Feb 26, 2012 08:19:07 pm

Glen :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      Reply #1112: Feb 26, 2012 08:19:50 pm
      Adam's penalt would have looked good at Twickernam
      IM
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | 12 
      Reply #1113: Feb 26, 2012 08:21:35 pm
      Kenny Dalglish told reporters :" I think Daniel has broken his rib..."
       :-[
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1114: Feb 26, 2012 08:21:53 pm

Class...
      Downing going wrong direction and with no legs? ha
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #1115: Feb 26, 2012 08:22:26 pm

Strangely attached to bellers' noggin!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1116: Feb 26, 2012 08:23:18 pm
      It was a f**king joke, and to be honest just proves the lad should be gone.

Disagree. Not the chaps biggest fan but I thought he had a reasonably good game. His pen was shocking but his stats show hes coming good and will be a good squad player for us!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1117: Feb 26, 2012 08:23:19 pm
      Heny "It doesn't matter how you win - if you win"
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #1118: Feb 26, 2012 08:24:19 pm
      God that was tough. Convinced we were going to lose the penalty after their late goal. Thank god we won.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1119: Feb 26, 2012 08:25:15 pm
      Whats going on here, who won ;D
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #1120: Feb 26, 2012 08:25:19 pm
      We didnt do enough today.......won by default for me
      Shut the f**k up. Who cares?
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #1121: Feb 26, 2012 08:25:45 pm
      Disagree. Not the chaps biggest fan but I thought he had a reasonably good game. His pen was shocking but his stats show hes coming good and will be a good squad player for us!

Agreed, Adam had a fine game. Not his best, but he did his job.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1122: Feb 26, 2012 08:28:58 pm
      After the sh*t this club and supporters have endured over the last 24 months w/ 3 coaches, 2 Owners, talk of Administration and debt and sitting a few spots from bottom table, Torres, Gerrard Injuries etc..... I am f***in' ecstatic.  Great match, one of the best in a while.  Cardiff played excellent, that team has class and pure heart and they have nothing to be ashamed about. It was a great match.

If someone told me 24 months ago that I would be watching KD walking up the steps of Wembley to get another Cup w/ Liverpool I wouldn't believe it.  This is such a great day.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #1123: Feb 26, 2012 08:31:14 pm
      6 years without a trophy. We're back. I've only logged on the last 10 minutes and already i'm sick of the negative sh*t i'm reading. FFS we've just won a trophy. F**k off with all the criticism, and overwhelming sentiment for Cardiff. Yeah they were good, but their defenders stood out only cause it was non stop attack from us.
      People have bad games, people have good games. I'd like to congratulate all the Liverpool players today, and not just the ones who made an appearence today. Think back to Kellys winner in Stamford bridge or other games throughout the year. It's been a squad effort. We would have liked to batter them and win 3-0, but we didn't. Get over it and leave the micro analysis for tomorrow. Tonight is PARTY TIME BABY!!!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      Reply #1124: Feb 26, 2012 08:31:46 pm
      Who won what?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1125: Feb 26, 2012 08:33:25 pm
      Lucas in amongst the celebrations in the dressing rooms.
      Delighted.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #1126: Feb 26, 2012 08:33:57 pm
      I'm f*****g knackered after that!

Obviously i'm ecstatic we won but you've got to give credit to Cardiff. Hudson and Turner were awesome at the back for them.

I didn't agree with Kenny's decision to start Henderson over Kuyt/Bellamy though, I would of gone with Kuyt from the start.

Onto the positives from the game - Skrtel was brilliant once again and it was hard for me to pick between him and Downing for MOTM.

My player ratings are:

Reina - 6 - Dealt with most of the crosses put his way (Apart from the Turner goal), was commanding as usual.

Johnson - 6 - Once again a constant threat going forward and really unlucky not to score in the opening 2 minutes.
      Skrtel - 8 -  Was at fault for Mason's goal but dominant in the air and a did really well to score his 4th goal this season.
      Agger - 6 - Dealt with everything in the air along with Skrtel. Hope his injury doesn't keep him out of the Arsenal game.
      Enrique - 6 - Solid when called upon and did well going forward, but far too hesitant in the final 3rd.

Henderson - 5 - Totally out of his depth on the right wing (Still not sure which position he is best in). Should of started the game on the bench.
      Gerrard (C) - 6 - Had a number of chances to score, but today just wasn't his day. 
      Adam - 7 - One of our better performers today, always tried to get forward and kept Cardiff's midfield quiet.
      Downing - 9 - His best performance for Liverpool today, constant threat down the left and from the right after half time. Maybe he's starting to show us what we payed for!

Suarez - 6 - Didn't look himself today, wasn't to quick and lacked energy towards the end of the game.
      Carroll - 6 - Held the ball up on a few occasions and unlucky with his glancing header in the second half. Made a few defensive challenges/headers - Most notably late on when Miller looked certain to score.

Subs;

Carragher - 6 - Didn't have to much to do as Miller and Gestede were knackered by the time he came on.
      Bellamy - 6 - Was kept quiet by McNaughton when he came on but had really good effort which wasn't to far over.
      Kuyt - 8 - Scored a well taken goal which we thought had won the game and then scored a Pen in the shootout. Fantastic player for us and will be a LFC legend for many years.

Overall I think we deserved to win - We showed great effort, commitment and togetherness when It looked like Cardiff were going to win.

I hope the players all have a good night tonight and recover well in time for the Arsenal game..

Let's all enjoy our latest trophy and hope we can get further in the FA cup and push for fourth.

Even if we don't finish fourth we'll still be in 2 more competitions next year than we were this season - The Europa League and The Community Shield!

We're on the up!

YNWA!

Quick Reply