Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would win in a fight?

HUYTON RED
      (81.3%)
      Richobaz
      (18.8%)

Day Dream Believer's !

Read 5147 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Day Dream Believer's !
      Sep 23, 2007 08:55:46 am
      After every 'bad' performance by the Reds - you get your 'posters' come on here and say:

"Let's look at the positives, we're still unbeaten" or

"An away draw in Europe was a good result"...

I'm finding it really hard to find any positives at the moment - OK the above is correct, but:

It's the manner of our performances and we've lost our early momentum and belief so soon.

Gutted...for now!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Re: Day Dream Believer's !
      Reply #1: Sep 23, 2007 10:57:40 am
      I agree to a point.  We have been poor -no question. Let's not dress this up too much - we have handed 4 points away in the last two games.

BUT - maybe we would have lost one of those Premiership games last season?

Apart from our new found compulsion to give away penalties the defence is reasonably sound and all four strikers have some goals under their belt.

All we can hope is that this week has been a blip and that the players have had a rocket under their arse.  Interesting it only started happening when Gerrard returned.

I think at times when he plays we are possibly too reliant on him and maybe we have a better 'team' ethic sometimes in his absence?

But that's Rafa's job to sort out.  Torres is our most dangerous striker and he should be starting every Premiership game.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #2: Sep 23, 2007 12:05:19 pm
      I agree Torrs is a best striker ansd should be starting.

But what worries me that even without him we should really be beating Birmingham at home.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Sep 23, 2007 12:44:28 pm
      Been still unbeaten is definitely important and like JD rightly pointed out we would have probably lost one of these away game last season. The point on Gerrard is also quite interesting, it seems that players take more responsibilities when he is not playing but if fit i still think Gerrard has to play no question about that.

I also think that Torres should start every Premier League game, I don't understand why he has to play only the last 20 minutes when we clearly don't manage to score. Most of the team who will come to Anfield will play like Birmingham yesterday did, so we need to find goals quick or if this kind of performance at home endure it would not be points saved but points lost. Torres in the squad make us much more threatening, no doubt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Sep 23, 2007 12:57:34 pm
      the one positive i suppose is that we havent conceded from open play all goals against us have been penos and tho weve been fairly sh*te last couple of games we arent losing. the other top teams will drop silly points like we have over the season but we need to stop the rot now
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Sep 23, 2007 09:10:09 pm
      After every 'bad' performance by the Reds - you get your 'posters' come on here and say:

I'm finding it really hard to find any positives at the moment - OK the above is correct, but:

It's the manner of our performances and we've lost our early momentum and belief so soon.

Gutted...for now!

It was me who posted the comment about us being unbeaten, and in it's context you'll see that I was comparing to previous seasons! It's not simply trying to make the best of a bit of a sh*t situation! It's actually a step forward in comparison to what's happened in previous open seasons!

I don't feel that all is finished for the season! Look at those years when teams have stormed the table after a sh*t start and come out on top!

I agree with JD, 4 points have been dished out on platters to the past few sides but I don't think they'll be a major concern at the end of the season! Birmingham are hardly going to be in the same half of the table, let alone up there fighting for CL places! And Portsmouth, I feel, won't be up in the top three come May!

Chelsea, of course, is a different story but it was hardly a travesty drawing with a direct rival! We prevented them making any further progress than us in the table on that weekend!

Here's hoping the Reds sort out their heads so we can be back up there again (and sort out Man City's nosebleeds from being too high up! ;))
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #6: Sep 23, 2007 09:23:00 pm
      I agree with County_Rd_Kopite, we can't say that's a poor performance (not including the match with Porto), we can see that LiverpoolFC always created a lot of chances, a tonne of chances, they just failed to score and I think what to blame is the poor cohesion of the strikers line, Kuyt sure cooperate well with all others strikers, but It seem doesn't like the match with Aston Villa, Torres always played alone, and Voronin as well. I think we sould compliment the opponent side's defense too, they can separate well LiverpoolFC strikers, like the match with Birmingham, they keeped 10 mens after the centre line to defend,with great spirit too (I can see 'draw, draw, we need to draw' written in thiers faces). So there's no point to talk so sadly like everything turned to dark like that.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Sep 24, 2007 10:44:50 am
      In light of the Birmingham game it is 2 points dropped we need to be winning these sort of games so i dont see how we can take any positives from a 0-0 at home to a newly promoted side,Rafa needs to get it sorted quick before we lose anymore ground.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Sep 24, 2007 10:51:40 am
      In light of the Birmingham game it is 2 points dropped we need to be winning these sort of games so I dont see how we can take any positives from a 0-0 at home to a newly promoted side,Rafa needs to get it sorted quick before we lose anymore ground.

I agree with this.

You cannot take any positives from points lost...especially at home. 

But the critical point is the manner of our performances in the last three games - not up to the standard needed.

Someone said, "You can't blame the results on squad rotation - we should beat these sides with the squad we put out"? 

This is bol***x. Play your best I say.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2007 11:47:18 am
      Admittedly we haven't played half as well as we should have in the last few matches & definitely should've had better results. Richobaz is right in that anyone who thinks otherwise probably needs their head testing, but so does anyone who thinks we are out of the title race already.

We're still fourth & only 4 points off the top, win our game in hand & we're 2nd. This hardly constitutes being out of the race, as long as we get back on track quickly it's only a small blip. Every club gets blips at some time or another, if this is as bad as it gets then personally I will be very happy.

garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 24, 2007 12:42:59 pm
      makes me wonder
      we payed £22mil or so for torres yeh?
      and he sits on the bench for an hour
      so if we payed £66mil do you think he would of played a full game?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #11: Sep 24, 2007 03:02:24 pm
      I rather be positive than a F***ing boo boy though!

Pissed me off saturday listening to them tw*ts that booed in the kop, they're lucky they were not sat by me or it would of been broken jaw time.

Not that there were that many positives on Saturday. One positive though surely everyone can now see hoe sh*t riise is, if he was not fit enough why did he play, because there were times when dirk held the ball up in the second half and john arne should of been getting past him ready to receive  the ball from dirk and try crossing into box, but was too stationary.

Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2007 05:10:07 pm
      I rather be positive than a f***ing boo boy though!

Pissed me off saturday listening to them tw*ts that booed in the kop, they're lucky they were not sat by me or it would of been broken jaw time.

Not that there were that many positives on Saturday. One positive though surely everyone can now see hoe sh*t riise is, if he was not fit enough why did he play, because there were times when dirk held the ball up in the second half and john arne should of been getting past him ready to receive  the ball from dirk and try crossing into box, but was too stationary.

This post was made for you then - keep on dreaming!

Booing is what makes football.  If you see something sh*t, you let them know about it.

This season is make or break - no room for nicey nice.

Wish I had your ticket on Saturday - looks like it was wasted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2007 05:26:56 pm
      F**k off dickhead, what are you on about nicey-F***ing nice.

Can have my ticket if you want, the lads I sit with are a lot worse than me.

But all those who boo after a 0-0 F***ing draw are those whinging cos they paid they're money and are entitled to they're say, but will still bang on about the Liverpool way

Booing is not what makes football you clown - no the post wasn't made for me - when this thread was started I was in bed recovering from a hangover.

But I would still rather be positive than I F***ing wannabe Evertonian or even worse a gloryhunting chelsea tw*t, cos thats what they were like last tuesday, no!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2007 05:55:23 pm
      Last three posts deleted as they had absolutely F**k all to do with the discussion.

If this topic descends into a slanging match it will be locked.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #15: Sep 24, 2007 05:58:51 pm
      Last three posts deleted as they had absolutely fu*k all to do with the discussion.

If this topic descends into a slanging match it will be locked.

Lock it then - look at the morons response to me above /\ /\

Seems sometimes on here you can get away with calling someone a dickhead - well atleast we now know what's alllowed!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #16: Sep 24, 2007 06:02:55 pm
      Fair do's Eddie - but I wanna ask everyone were do they stand on booing, personally think it was out of order on Saturday

Performance wasn't great, but credit should go to Birmingham for getting their tactics spot-on.

MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2007 06:07:17 pm
      No Liverpool fan should boo their team.

We just don't do it, we leave that to all the other scumbags.

We are Liverpool, we are better than that.

At the end of the game on the radio you could hear the boo's, I just don't like it, it's not the Liverpool way.

>:( :(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2007 06:34:16 pm
      Lock it then - look at the morons response to me above /\ /\

Seems sometimes on here you can get away with calling someone a dickhead - well atleast we now know what's alllowed!

TBH Richobaz I was in two minds about deleting that post as it was quite abusive but unlike the posts I did delete it had some substance to it, which is why I left it there.

Anyway, moving swiftly on, I agree with Huyton Red on this one. Slagging the team off is something for down the boozer afterwards or in the car on the way home, not at the ground. Whilst the game is still being played I feel every fan should be giving their support, leave the booing for Chelsea & the likes.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2007 06:38:04 pm
      No Liverpool fan should boo their team.

We just don't do it, we leave that to all the other scumbags.

We are Liverpool, we are better than that.

At the end of the game on the radio you could hear the boo's, I just don't like it, it's not the Liverpool way.

>:( :(

At the end of the game - surprised they hanged around to boo!

How many people when at the match - swear and abuse a player for doing something wrong?  

Take Luis Garcia for example - Genius some of the times and then NOT - and you'd hear the groans and moans, in the stands.

What's the difference in this and booing the whole team for a very under-par performance.

It's not the Liverpool Way.  In those days we won everything, so no need to boo.

Didn't mean to be soooo negative - still think we'll have a good season, just don't like what I'm seeing at the moment.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Sep 29, 2007 02:30:15 am

Gutted...for now!

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this now Richobaz. Do you still feel the same as you did when you created this topic?

I can't see how you could get any debate out of this to be honest, but you managed to. It just seems like a rant. :D
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #21: Sep 29, 2007 10:19:09 am
      We can't boo our team off, who are we Real Madrid?
      Okay i'll give you a positive, we haven't lost this season, with a game in hand we can be second, and I wouldn't worry about CL we will cruise through the group stages at least. In the League so far only two teams haven't lost, what do all of you want 6 wins, keep dreaming. Some of you are more annoyed from this year after 6 games than last year after 6, We couldn't do anything correct last year!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #22: Sep 29, 2007 11:20:16 am
      Redkenny - I do still feel the same on this subject.

Ok - We aint had a bad start to the season - but i looked at the table this morning and the MANCS are above us - and they've had by there standards a bad start to the season.

Still says a lot to me!  Ok, we've got a game in hand - but I'm always a believer, better having the points on the board rather than games in hand!

If we play well (like against Reading) I'll praise them more than anyone.  If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #23: Sep 29, 2007 04:18:37 pm
      If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !

Sorry mate but there is no room at Anfield for 'fans' like you.

Link -  http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,4247.0.html

I can't understand that you don't even know anything about Liverpool's ticket situation.

I totally agree with Huyton Red on this one.

RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2007 05:02:26 pm
      Sorry Richobaz, I'm also with HR on this one, booing the team isn't the way Liverpool fans are, vent your frustrations in a different way, leave the booing to the likes of chelsea.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Sep 29, 2007 05:23:07 pm
      Who'd win in a fight, Richobaz or Huyton Red?

:D :D :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Sep 29, 2007 05:25:22 pm
      Who'd win in a fight, Richobaz or Huyton Red?

:D :D :D

Poll installed ;)

None of us should boo our side.  Discraceful, we're better than that.

I'm also with HR on this one.  Boo all you like Richobaz, you can't really call yourself a Liverpool fan can you?  If you want your team to do well stay confident, that is what the rest of us do.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2007 05:33:55 pm by Court LFC »
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #27: Sep 29, 2007 05:56:42 pm
      Bloody hell - all ganging up on me again!

I don't have to justify my support of the reds to any of you.  And who are you lot to say 'Liverpool Fans should not boo'.

If we play bad - I want the team to know about it.

MrTommo - situation on tickets.  I asked a question about the ticket situation - I live in Kent, never even thought about getting a season ticket before - so how the hell would I know there is a 12 year waiting list?

The funny thing is - my original post had nothing to do with BOOOOINNNG!

I was about the negative performances we've had in recent weeks and not facing up to them.

It was HR who mentioned the boo boyz.

Can't stand other fans questioning peoples support for the club, just because they have a different opinion...what a bunch of ****s!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #28: Sep 29, 2007 06:16:24 pm
      its less fustrating when we play our best and draw, and the ball just wouldnt go in the back of th net ("one of those days", as they say)...but when we dont start with our best 11 on the park, and we draw 2 weeks in a row, that is more fustrating in my opinion.
      During the beginning of our game a commentator said... "liverpool have the ability to win the league, however, this rotation may prove to be detrimental to their title race..."
      I agree with that 100%.
      Another point, we cant possible keep swapping players every week in our league games....if its carling cup, f.a cup or champions league, it doesnt worry me...
      But when we have a different right back, and a different left back, and centre mid and left mid and strike force to the previous game. Our back 4 shouldnt change: finnan, carra, hyppia for now until danny agger returns, and arbeloa...our midfield stevie g and pennant should begin week in week out...and alonso and momo can share that defensive mid role with riise, babel and aurellio fighting for the left mid position....and torres should start with voronin and kuyt rotating....2-3 changes maximum should be made from the previous week, no more!!!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 01, 2007 08:50:42 am
      Bloody hell - all ganging up on me again!

I don't have to justify my support of the reds to any of you.  And who are you lot to say 'Liverpool Fans should not boo'.

If we play bad - I want the team to know about it.

MrTommo - situation on tickets.  I asked a question about the ticket situation - I live in Kent, never even thought about getting a season ticket before - so how the hell would I know there is a 12 year waiting list?

The funny thing is - my original post had nothing to do with BOOOOINNNG!

I was about the negative performances we've had in recent weeks and not facing up to them.

It was HR who mentioned the boo boyz.

Can't stand other fans questioning peoples support for the club, just because they have a different opinion...what a bunch of ****s!

If it means anything I agree with you about the "booing". In a group of supporters you need an optimist or pessimist and a realist. Eventually someone's gotta come out and say to them, "Guys, YOU PLAYED SH*T!". Why should it be assumed that these "booers" are not true supporters? It would be a different story if they enjoyed it and did it every time they're not satisfied with the result.

It breaks my heart to hear the "booing", but on rare occasions, its necessary. These are not "children with fragile minds" we are talking to. A bit of criticism helps now and then. Has our performances not improved since then? (whether it was because of the booing is debatable i know)
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2007 12:05:05 pm
      You talk a lot of sense!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2007 04:48:45 pm
      If it means anything I agree with you about the "booing". In a group of supporters you need an optimist or pessimist and a realist. Eventually someone's gotta come out and say to them, "Guys, YOU PLAYED SH*T!". Why should it be assumed that these "booers" are not true supporters? It would be a different story if they enjoyed it and did it every time they're not satisfied with the result.

Whilst I can have some empathy with the view that there needs to be some form of expression from the fans about a bad performance, can I remind you that this booing was for a 0-0.

What would you do if we lost; and lost by say four, or more? Where would you go then?

It's not so much the booing I have a problem with - I think there is a rare place for it, but if expectations are such that the team are going to get booed for a draw, then this will do far more harm to the team than good.

Keep it in perspective.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2007 05:51:33 pm
      Whilst I can have some empathy with the view that there needs to be some form of expression from the fans about a bad performance, can I remind you that this booing was for a 0-0.

What would you do if we lost; and lost by say four, or more? Where would you go then?

It's not so much the booing I have a problem with - I think there is a rare place for it, but if expectations are such that the team are going to get booed for a draw, then this will do far more harm to the team than good.

Keep it in perspective.

Keep it in perspective? 

Surely this depends on the individual fans expectations for Liverpool - doesn't it?

Some fans might be perfectly happy with a 0-0 at home against Birmingham and some (rightfully) will not.

If a fan wants to express his displeasure at the performance - why should anyone stifle this?  Who has the right to tell someone to accept the display like others have and go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2007 05:58:19 pm
      the only fans in the big 4 that are happy with there teams performances at the minute are arsenal fans, look at chelsea and Utd at the minute, i still think liverpool are playing better football than them both!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2007 06:07:48 pm
      I for one couldn't care less how the others are playing - as long as they are dropping points and we are playing 'How we should'.

I've said before, this season is 'No excuses'.  We have every chance of winning the league.  Slip ups will happen!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35: Oct 01, 2007 06:17:04 pm
      yea but if they slip up and still get a draw from it, thats the sign of champions. (i hope)
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 01, 2007 06:19:43 pm
      Keep it in perspective? 

Surely this depends on the individual fans expectations for Liverpool - doesn't it?

Some fans might be perfectly happy with a 0-0 at home against Birmingham and some (rightfully) will not.

If a fan wants to express his displeasure at the performance - why should anyone stifle this?  Who has the right to tell someone to accept the display like others have and go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax?

Ah - so it's a freedom of speech issue for you, is it? Bollocks. There are ways to express yourself, but if you think it's ok to boo a 0-0, then I think you're just plain daft.

Yes, I do have the right to say to you that your expectations are ridiculously high and you will do more harm than good by having this level of expectation, and a Judge would agree with me on the grounds of "the greater good".

I note you totally fail to deal with the question I pose: where do you go when we lose? You've set a rod for your own back by booing a 0-0. If we lose then there are boos, then the boo would mean little, because the power of it has been diminished by its already being used.

Save your boos until they are truly justified, which will hopefully be never.

So, just to clarify, Richobaz, I'm not "stifling" someone's right to criticise; I am pointing out the folly of the method chosen. I can't stop you from booing by any other means than persuasion.

So go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax, or better still, give me your ticket. ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: Oct 01, 2007 06:25:17 pm
      Great post mate.

(Jammy Dodger added to the poll :D)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2007 06:26:47 pm
      I for one couldn't care less how the others are playing - as long as they are dropping points and we are playing 'How we should'.

I've said before, this season is 'No excuses'.  We have every chance of winning the league.  Slip ups will happen!

Slip ups happen for Liverpool also - so we boo them do we ?
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2007 06:29:59 pm
      Sorry Jammy - you can't tell me not to boo.  I'm not saying I would boo - that was never my original point.

Seems everyone has jumped on the 'We are perfect' bandwagon.

In answer to your question.  If we lost, but played extremely well and it was undeserved (like Mancs at home last term) I'd be gutted.

If we lost and played 'Sh*t' then I'd be angry.  Can't say anymore than that really.

No need to argue about it though - I think I've made a fair point.
      Slip ups happen for Liverpool also - so we boo them do we ?

Depends on the performance - have a bit more substance to your questions mrtommo, instead of trying to belittle - just because you can being a mod!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2007 06:31:31 pm
      i personally would never boo liverpool or any of there players, i support them for a reason you no, yea maybe i wish we could do better, but i never doubt that we won't, rafa knows what he is doing, and there is a reason why the players are at a top premiership club, emm its because they are top players, so i have faith in rafa and the players to produce the goods 100% of the time
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #41: Oct 01, 2007 06:53:52 pm

Depends on the performance - have a bit more substance to your questions mrtommo, instead of trying to belittle - just because you can being a mod!

I am not trying to belittle you, I am trying to understand your views.

You state you live in Kent, You didn't realise the ticket situation - so the only way you understand Liverpool is through the media.

I take it you haven't been to Anfield - therefore you have never experienced a true Liverpool supporters way of supporting his team.
      Liverpool supporters are well known all over the world for there respect of the game.
      Yes you do vent your anger / displeasure to players at times - but to boo - No.
      Good God, I've lost count at the times I've yelled at a player - but it's more in encouragement than a slagging off style.
      We do expect a win, of cause we do, BUT we also are well aware that slip up's happen, and that the team can play poorly.
      But to compensate that, we also know that this team can play perfect football and win in style.

jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #42: Oct 01, 2007 06:55:36 pm
      Sorry Jammy - you can't tell me not to boo.

Of course I can tell you not to boo; but it's up to you to listen or be an obstinate boo-boy. Your choice; your funeral.

I'm not saying I would boo - that was never my original point.

Really?

If we play well (like against Reading) I'll praise them more than anyone.  If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !

::)

Does kind of sum you up, mate. No middle ground; one extreme or the other, and the obstinate arguing of your point just so you won't be seen to cave-in.

I've seen and heard this all before, RB. I will keep shouting in yer ear, though, because I believe there is hope for you, yet. In the meantime, may I suggest you read the "Reclaim The Kop" charter.

Great post mate.

(Jammy Dodger added to the poll :D)

Oh gee, thanks, after everyone has already voted for Huyton Red!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Oct 01, 2007 06:59:01 pm
      Oh gee, thanks, after everyone has already voted for Huyton Red!

Fair do's, I've taken you back out ;D
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #44: Oct 01, 2007 07:34:40 pm
      I have been to Anfield.

I find you all very patronising.

It seems it's your way or no way.

It's all getting very tired arguing on here
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 01, 2007 08:35:19 pm

Good...

Aawwww, poor picked-upon, Richobaz. I feel so sorry for you, makes me want to  :cwl:

Is that the response you were hoping for? Afraid your sympathy card effort doesn't cut much ice with me. All I see is an attempt to deflect from the argument that you have poorly responded to and soundly lost.

It seems it's your way or no way...It's all getting very tired arguing on here

Again; good. That is how you should feel; because whilst you can argue for booing a 0-0 draw and similar results, most of us are telling you it's the wrong thing to do, either because it lacks proper perspective or it is not regarded by some as "the Liverpool way" - but again you take it to the extreme and try to make out that it's a matter of choice and principle, and you are being mis-treated for the expression of your opinion. Nonsense - but you do deserve what you get for how you express you it.

Face it, dude. Your choice in this matter is clearly one that the majority of us frown upon as a poor choice. You've also contradicted yourself in the process thereby losing any credibility you might have had with your point of view.

Go have a pint or three, get over it and come back for more. ;)
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #46: Oct 01, 2007 08:45:48 pm
      Jammy - don't want to turn this post into a slagging match.

I still stand by my views.  I won't be swayed by you, reasons:

1. Your articulate (good old english) replies are bordering - Vomit Warning

2. Do you think this is some competition and you've won - grow up - it's only a sodding forum.  I won't lose sleep

3. By the looks of that Website you've put together - how you've got the nerve to state a view on here is amazing.  Piss poor mate!!!!

4. With kids like Ra Ra - popping on here and just trying to annoy, I cannot be bothered.

Jammy - why don't you come up with some original topics to discuss?  I'd argue with anyone on something I'm passionate about - and I'd argue that most of my topics get a response.

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007 08:48:59 pm by Richobaz »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #47: Oct 01, 2007 08:54:31 pm
      4. With kids like Ra Ra - popping on here and just trying to annoy, I cannot be bothered.

Just sit down and shut up! :tosser:
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #48: Oct 01, 2007 08:56:17 pm
      Ra Ra: At least Jammy offers a view and a good argument - what do you offer to this site?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #49: Oct 01, 2007 09:08:48 pm
      Ra Ra: At least Jammy offers a view and a good argument - what do you offer to this site?

What do I offer to this site? Nothing compared to what Asda offers to me! 4 Jam doughnuts for 50p, the 5th doughnut is you!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #50: Oct 01, 2007 09:10:56 pm
      What do I offer to this site? Nothing compared to what Asda offers to me! 4 Jam doughnuts for 50p, the 5th doughnut is you!

That's not even funny?!?

Seriously - why write something unfunny?

Jammy - you've been on here for a long time - I'm guessing you've got the good old thesaurus out - another articulate response on its way!
      Cy
      Reply #51: Oct 01, 2007 09:12:12 pm
      2 pages of absolute useless arguments, it's like reading kids arguing about how we should do things.."my way nah!..my way"..

Booing, is not something we do at Liverpool, but if someone decided to do so, who the hell are we to deciding for him/her even furthermore judging that person doing so! Fair play to argue the case in an amicable manner but the "one for all, all against one" is somewhat quite childish, as for the poll about who would win a fight...no comment.

I don't agree for one bit with Richobaz most of the time and particularly don't on this one, but like jammydodger said that "he have the right to say", also would Richobaz without been put in pieces and futhermore been insulted (oh but it had some substance to it) so that makes it all right then to insult someone as long as the post "have some substance", no offense but let me have a laugh on that....

Loosing or winning an argument is not that much important, and the question of what makes a Liverpool fan is not something written on stones! If so we wouldn't have a so much huge numbers of fans around the world...
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #52: Oct 01, 2007 09:15:13 pm
      2 pages of absolute useless arguments, it's like reading kids arguing about how we should do things.."my way nah!..my way"..

Booing, is not something we do at Liverpool, but if someone decided to do so, who the hell are we to deciding for him/her even furthermore judging that person doing so! Fair play to argue the case in an amicable manner but the "one for all, all against one" is somewhat quite childish, as for the poll about who would win a fight...no comment.

I don't agree for one bit with Richobaz most of the time and particularly don't on this one, but like jammydodger said that "he have the right to say", also would Richobaz without been put in pieces and futhermore been insulted (oh but it had some substance to it) so that makes it all right then to insult someone as long as the post "have some substance", no offense but let me have a laugh on that....

Loosing or winning an argument is not that much important, and the question of what makes a Liverpool fan is not something written on stones! If so we wouldn't have a so much huge numbers of fans around the world...

Didn;t understand a word of that - if you're going to moan about peoples posts - write one clearly yourself?

Also - isn't arguments what footies all about?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #53: Oct 01, 2007 09:15:33 pm
      That's not even funny?!?

Seriously - why write something unfunny?

Because I went to ASDA'S the other day, bought a pack of jam doughnuts, meant to be 5 in there but when I opened the pack there was only four so one was missing. I did wonder what happened to that fifth doughnut, must be you.

PS.. not trying to be funny, the asda's thing is true!
      Cy
      Reply #54: Oct 01, 2007 09:19:52 pm
      Didn;t understand a word of that - if you're going to moan about peoples posts - write one clearly yourself?

Also - isn't arguments what footies all about?

I though you had some kind of intelligence but it seems that you are more stupid then I though. I'm not moaning but more tell it the way I see it which is kids having a row in the playground..and obviously ra ra is more then happy to join the game..

This thread should be locked.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #55: Oct 01, 2007 09:25:20 pm
      I though you had some kind of intelligence but it seems that you are more stupid then I though. I'm not moaning but more tell it the way I see it which is kids having a row in the playground..and obviously ra ra is more then happy to join the game..

This thread should be locked.

Cy - re-read your post.  You've basically slagged off everyone on this topic?

All I said was it wasn't clear?  And it's not.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #56: Oct 01, 2007 09:28:01 pm
      Will you lot put your handbags away and discuss something like grown-ups  ::)  Topic will be locked if you don't behave    ;) :D 
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #57: Oct 01, 2007 09:31:59 pm
      Smigger - was never my intention to go down this road.

It's lost it's purpose now - might as well lock it!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 01, 2007 09:44:02 pm
      Jammy - don't want to turn this post into a slagging match.

But...

I still stand by my views.  I won't be swayed by you, reasons:

To summarise; ...blah, blah, blah...slang, slang, nothing to do the thread...still dodging the points by criticising the person making the points and not the points themselves...still obstinately sticking to head-in-sand option...

Can't be arsed responding to your personal criticisms as a) they are irrelevant and b) clearly a provocation and c) another attempt to deflect and dodge.

It's clear you don't have an answer to the criticisms of your views and you therefore stand obstinately by your opinion, simply because it is your opinion, but for no other reason. You have utterly failed to justify it, you contradict yourself and you have actually stopped arguing it and merely had a go back at those arguing against you.

Not only is your argument lost, your credibility lost, but any respect for you as well as your argument is now lost, by the manner (again) in which you (don't) make it.

My argument has been that this booing was not justified against Brum. Others feel we shouldn't boo at all. Richobaz clearly feels that booing against Brum was right and justified. Not only do I disagree, but in arguing the point, I don't think Richobaz has really thought about the matter, and I can only conclude that his responses have been made more out of wounded pride. I've given my arguments and the actual response to my points, in amongst his replies, has been non-existent.

Cy, I note your recent response. I have given Richobaz multiple opportunities to properly justify his point of view, and he side-steps.

I would argue that booing should be actively discouraged for very good reason. It harms the team. If they think we are going to boo at a whim, then it will have a psychological effect. If we lose 5-0 at home, then I'd be inclined to boo - because I want to have it as an option - but it would take something of that magnitude for me, which would realistically mean it hardly ever happening.

I repeat: Keep it in perspective.

Otherwise, I don't see that I need add any more - Richobaz certainly isn't.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #59: Oct 01, 2007 09:55:56 pm
      Jammy - please read from the start.  Thinking about it, I wouldn't bother!

This topic was never about booing, but you keep bringing the same thing up again and again and again...

But if you want me to argue my point I will (short...watch how it's done...you may learn something!!!)

If you paid to go and watch Liverpool Vs Brum, you'd have been overly confident before the game.  Why wouldn't you - Birmingham are sh*t, am I right in saying this?  And we are at home.

You could say 'HOME BANKER' - yes or no?

You then hear the team being called out over the load speakers....NO TORRES.  OK, disappointed...but, it's brum so he won't be missed.

We don't perform - we draw a game 0-0 that we should be winning 3-0!  Was Torres being left out a mistake? 

Are you happy with this result - Yes or No.  Ok, most fans will 'bite there tongue' and walk away from the ground.  Some will stay and show there anger - what's the big deal? 

So some fans boo - still doesn't stop us being who we are, and never will.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #60: Oct 01, 2007 11:27:12 pm
      Firstly note what Cisse said about Anfield " At Marsielle the crowd are good and get behind you like at Liverpool, When things are not going well they tend to give you some stick but at Liverpool the fans are always behind you whatever you play like. That is the difference and that is why I love to play at Anfield, The fans always support thier team." This is how it always was and how it always should be. This is what makes us better than the rest. If you want to boo the reds at Anfield, mabey you should consider supporting somebody else. Yeah, you paid for your ticket so you have the right, but if you boo, don't consider yourself a true RED. Back on topic. Still undefeated, dropped what should heve been another 4 points to poor teams, scraped a draw in C. L. got lucky against Wigan. Not playing great, I'm gutted and feeling my season is in free fall already but we're not too far away and when we hit top gear again we should regain some consistancy. I get pissed off but my support will never dwindle. Rafa just needs to keep fielding his strongest side for every game to get some confidence back in the team.  The last thing you'll hear from me is booing!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #61: Oct 02, 2007 12:28:53 pm

Keep it in perspective.

You are right Jammy, the booing was a little too much for a draw. I was talking about booing in general.

But if booing causes such a rift between reds supporters like its done in this thread I hope that we never see any booing again.. :(

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #62: Oct 02, 2007 01:57:26 pm
      Firstly I'd like to talk about the original theme of the thread.  I had high hopes at the beginning of the season and thought we would have a better team than last season with a stronger cutting edge.  Not only would we be creating lots of chances but we would also be taking them.  I am disappointed that it hasn't quite come together yet but ever the optimist I think it will in the next few games.

I don't think the booing at the Birmingham game was so much about the performance of individual players but the frustration of some fans who expect us to beat a newly promoted side at home.  I don't condone the booing but I understand the frustration that brought it on.

I vehemently defend the right of all forum contributors to take the p*ss out of each other.  It is after all a long held Liverpool tradition and forms the basis of most of my posts.  Just hurling insults is not, however, acceptable.

I've voted for Richobaz because he has his beliefs (maybe misguided) and he sticks to them like glue.  I just wonder if he isn't just winding the rest of you up for the sake of it to see how mad he can get you.

Richobaz the terrorist! ???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #63: Oct 02, 2007 03:50:17 pm
      I personally don't agree with booing.

However, talking about locking a thread just because we are discussing it is a bit ridiculous.  I would much rather vent my anger and disappointment on a performance on a forum like this or in the pub afterwards than actually within the four hallowed walls where we remind the players before and after every game that they will 'never walk alone'.  Not sure how people can sing that and then boo?

On (albeit rare) occasion I have not applauded the reds off the pitch - and if we got hammered by someone sh*t at Anfield - can you imagine the final whistle with 41,000 silent Liverpool fans glaring at the players? 

I'd have us down for a 5-0 win the next time the reds played at Anfield after that!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #64: Oct 02, 2007 04:15:02 pm
      Firstly I'd like to talk about the original theme of the thread.  I had high hopes at the beginning of the season and thought we would have a better team than last season with a stronger cutting edge.  Not only would we be creating lots of chances but we would also be taking them.  I am disappointed that it hasn't quite come together yet but ever the optimist I think it will in the next few games.

I don't think the booing at the Birmingham game was so much about the performance of individual players but the frustration of some fans who expect us to beat a newly promoted side at home.  I don't condone the booing but I understand the frustration that brought it on.

I vehemently defend the right of all forum contributors to take the p*ss out of each other.  It is after all a long held Liverpool tradition and forms the basis of most of my posts.  Just hurling insults is not, however, acceptable.

I've voted for Richobaz because he has his beliefs (maybe misguided) and he sticks to them like glue.  I just wonder if he isn't just winding the rest of you up for the sake of it to see how mad he can get you.

Richobaz the terrorist! ???

Cheers Oldred - you've always stood up for me on here, appreciate that!

jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #65: Oct 02, 2007 04:38:04 pm

The thought had occurred, Oldred, but I dismissed it, because there is no indication that there is any guile on his part, and he's just not that smart. If he was trying to wind everyone else up, would he have posted:

Quote from: Richobaz

It seems it's your way or no way.

It's all getting very tired arguing on here
      ?

This is a child's petulant response. His defence of his argument is basically that everyone else is picking on him. As for sticking to his beliefs, you give him undue credit. That is just the ostrich's defence mechanism and pride.

We all understand the frustrations, Oldred, even if Richobaz doesn't appreciate that we all felt that way against Brum. What the likes of Richobaz has to learn to understand is that whilst he has the right to boo, the decision of those to do so against Birmingham was a poor one, and his steadfast refusal to see the error in this is not to be admired in any way. It will only encourage him with a view that should be discouraged, as I am sure he will overlook the fact that you don't condone it.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #66: Oct 02, 2007 05:03:21 pm
      Richobaz,
      i too have received constant negative responses and profaine responses to my posts....it is really sometimes bulls**t how we love the same team, yet we can give eachother so much s**t....
      where i come from, we dont treat eachother like that...

But, ive learned to get over the sarcastic attitude and i cant be bothered giving it back most of the time, coz im a better person than that...keep ur head up, and dnt let them get to you...seriously mate, its not worth it!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #67: Oct 02, 2007 05:34:52 pm
      Lovely stuff.

Now, if everyone wants to put the toys back in the pram.

Thanks.

Quick Reply