Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would win in a fight?

HUYTON RED
      (81.3%)
      Richobaz
      (18.8%)

Day Dream Believer's !

Read 5148 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Day Dream Believer's !
      Sep 23, 2007 08:55:46 am
      After every 'bad' performance by the Reds - you get your 'posters' come on here and say:

"Let's look at the positives, we're still unbeaten" or

"An away draw in Europe was a good result"...

I'm finding it really hard to find any positives at the moment - OK the above is correct, but:

It's the manner of our performances and we've lost our early momentum and belief so soon.

Gutted...for now!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Re: Day Dream Believer's !
      Reply #1: Sep 23, 2007 10:57:40 am
      I agree to a point.  We have been poor -no question. Let's not dress this up too much - we have handed 4 points away in the last two games.

BUT - maybe we would have lost one of those Premiership games last season?

Apart from our new found compulsion to give away penalties the defence is reasonably sound and all four strikers have some goals under their belt.

All we can hope is that this week has been a blip and that the players have had a rocket under their arse.  Interesting it only started happening when Gerrard returned.

I think at times when he plays we are possibly too reliant on him and maybe we have a better 'team' ethic sometimes in his absence?

But that's Rafa's job to sort out.  Torres is our most dangerous striker and he should be starting every Premiership game.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #2: Sep 23, 2007 12:05:19 pm
      I agree Torrs is a best striker ansd should be starting.

But what worries me that even without him we should really be beating Birmingham at home.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Sep 23, 2007 12:44:28 pm
      Been still unbeaten is definitely important and like JD rightly pointed out we would have probably lost one of these away game last season. The point on Gerrard is also quite interesting, it seems that players take more responsibilities when he is not playing but if fit i still think Gerrard has to play no question about that.

I also think that Torres should start every Premier League game, I don't understand why he has to play only the last 20 minutes when we clearly don't manage to score. Most of the team who will come to Anfield will play like Birmingham yesterday did, so we need to find goals quick or if this kind of performance at home endure it would not be points saved but points lost. Torres in the squad make us much more threatening, no doubt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Sep 23, 2007 12:57:34 pm
      the one positive i suppose is that we havent conceded from open play all goals against us have been penos and tho weve been fairly sh*te last couple of games we arent losing. the other top teams will drop silly points like we have over the season but we need to stop the rot now
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Sep 23, 2007 09:10:09 pm
      After every 'bad' performance by the Reds - you get your 'posters' come on here and say:

I'm finding it really hard to find any positives at the moment - OK the above is correct, but:

It's the manner of our performances and we've lost our early momentum and belief so soon.

Gutted...for now!

It was me who posted the comment about us being unbeaten, and in it's context you'll see that I was comparing to previous seasons! It's not simply trying to make the best of a bit of a sh*t situation! It's actually a step forward in comparison to what's happened in previous open seasons!

I don't feel that all is finished for the season! Look at those years when teams have stormed the table after a sh*t start and come out on top!

I agree with JD, 4 points have been dished out on platters to the past few sides but I don't think they'll be a major concern at the end of the season! Birmingham are hardly going to be in the same half of the table, let alone up there fighting for CL places! And Portsmouth, I feel, won't be up in the top three come May!

Chelsea, of course, is a different story but it was hardly a travesty drawing with a direct rival! We prevented them making any further progress than us in the table on that weekend!

Here's hoping the Reds sort out their heads so we can be back up there again (and sort out Man City's nosebleeds from being too high up! ;))
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #6: Sep 23, 2007 09:23:00 pm
      I agree with County_Rd_Kopite, we can't say that's a poor performance (not including the match with Porto), we can see that LiverpoolFC always created a lot of chances, a tonne of chances, they just failed to score and I think what to blame is the poor cohesion of the strikers line, Kuyt sure cooperate well with all others strikers, but It seem doesn't like the match with Aston Villa, Torres always played alone, and Voronin as well. I think we sould compliment the opponent side's defense too, they can separate well LiverpoolFC strikers, like the match with Birmingham, they keeped 10 mens after the centre line to defend,with great spirit too (I can see 'draw, draw, we need to draw' written in thiers faces). So there's no point to talk so sadly like everything turned to dark like that.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Sep 24, 2007 10:44:50 am
      In light of the Birmingham game it is 2 points dropped we need to be winning these sort of games so i dont see how we can take any positives from a 0-0 at home to a newly promoted side,Rafa needs to get it sorted quick before we lose anymore ground.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Sep 24, 2007 10:51:40 am
      In light of the Birmingham game it is 2 points dropped we need to be winning these sort of games so I dont see how we can take any positives from a 0-0 at home to a newly promoted side,Rafa needs to get it sorted quick before we lose anymore ground.

I agree with this.

You cannot take any positives from points lost...especially at home. 

But the critical point is the manner of our performances in the last three games - not up to the standard needed.

Someone said, "You can't blame the results on squad rotation - we should beat these sides with the squad we put out"? 

This is bol***x. Play your best I say.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2007 11:47:18 am
      Admittedly we haven't played half as well as we should have in the last few matches & definitely should've had better results. Richobaz is right in that anyone who thinks otherwise probably needs their head testing, but so does anyone who thinks we are out of the title race already.

We're still fourth & only 4 points off the top, win our game in hand & we're 2nd. This hardly constitutes being out of the race, as long as we get back on track quickly it's only a small blip. Every club gets blips at some time or another, if this is as bad as it gets then personally I will be very happy.

garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 24, 2007 12:42:59 pm
      makes me wonder
      we payed £22mil or so for torres yeh?
      and he sits on the bench for an hour
      so if we payed £66mil do you think he would of played a full game?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #11: Sep 24, 2007 03:02:24 pm
      I rather be positive than a F***ing boo boy though!

Pissed me off saturday listening to them tw*ts that booed in the kop, they're lucky they were not sat by me or it would of been broken jaw time.

Not that there were that many positives on Saturday. One positive though surely everyone can now see hoe sh*t riise is, if he was not fit enough why did he play, because there were times when dirk held the ball up in the second half and john arne should of been getting past him ready to receive  the ball from dirk and try crossing into box, but was too stationary.

Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2007 05:10:07 pm
      I rather be positive than a f***ing boo boy though!

Pissed me off saturday listening to them tw*ts that booed in the kop, they're lucky they were not sat by me or it would of been broken jaw time.

Not that there were that many positives on Saturday. One positive though surely everyone can now see hoe sh*t riise is, if he was not fit enough why did he play, because there were times when dirk held the ball up in the second half and john arne should of been getting past him ready to receive  the ball from dirk and try crossing into box, but was too stationary.

This post was made for you then - keep on dreaming!

Booing is what makes football.  If you see something sh*t, you let them know about it.

This season is make or break - no room for nicey nice.

Wish I had your ticket on Saturday - looks like it was wasted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2007 05:26:56 pm
      F**k off dickhead, what are you on about nicey-F***ing nice.

Can have my ticket if you want, the lads I sit with are a lot worse than me.

But all those who boo after a 0-0 F***ing draw are those whinging cos they paid they're money and are entitled to they're say, but will still bang on about the Liverpool way

Booing is not what makes football you clown - no the post wasn't made for me - when this thread was started I was in bed recovering from a hangover.

But I would still rather be positive than I F***ing wannabe Evertonian or even worse a gloryhunting chelsea tw*t, cos thats what they were like last tuesday, no!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2007 05:55:23 pm
      Last three posts deleted as they had absolutely F**k all to do with the discussion.

If this topic descends into a slanging match it will be locked.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #15: Sep 24, 2007 05:58:51 pm
      Last three posts deleted as they had absolutely fu*k all to do with the discussion.

If this topic descends into a slanging match it will be locked.

Lock it then - look at the morons response to me above /\ /\

Seems sometimes on here you can get away with calling someone a dickhead - well atleast we now know what's alllowed!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #16: Sep 24, 2007 06:02:55 pm
      Fair do's Eddie - but I wanna ask everyone were do they stand on booing, personally think it was out of order on Saturday

Performance wasn't great, but credit should go to Birmingham for getting their tactics spot-on.

MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2007 06:07:17 pm
      No Liverpool fan should boo their team.

We just don't do it, we leave that to all the other scumbags.

We are Liverpool, we are better than that.

At the end of the game on the radio you could hear the boo's, I just don't like it, it's not the Liverpool way.

>:( :(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2007 06:34:16 pm
      Lock it then - look at the morons response to me above /\ /\

Seems sometimes on here you can get away with calling someone a dickhead - well atleast we now know what's alllowed!

TBH Richobaz I was in two minds about deleting that post as it was quite abusive but unlike the posts I did delete it had some substance to it, which is why I left it there.

Anyway, moving swiftly on, I agree with Huyton Red on this one. Slagging the team off is something for down the boozer afterwards or in the car on the way home, not at the ground. Whilst the game is still being played I feel every fan should be giving their support, leave the booing for Chelsea & the likes.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2007 06:38:04 pm
      No Liverpool fan should boo their team.

We just don't do it, we leave that to all the other scumbags.

We are Liverpool, we are better than that.

At the end of the game on the radio you could hear the boo's, I just don't like it, it's not the Liverpool way.

>:( :(

At the end of the game - surprised they hanged around to boo!

How many people when at the match - swear and abuse a player for doing something wrong?  

Take Luis Garcia for example - Genius some of the times and then NOT - and you'd hear the groans and moans, in the stands.

What's the difference in this and booing the whole team for a very under-par performance.

It's not the Liverpool Way.  In those days we won everything, so no need to boo.

Didn't mean to be soooo negative - still think we'll have a good season, just don't like what I'm seeing at the moment.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Sep 29, 2007 02:30:15 am

Gutted...for now!

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this now Richobaz. Do you still feel the same as you did when you created this topic?

I can't see how you could get any debate out of this to be honest, but you managed to. It just seems like a rant. :D
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #21: Sep 29, 2007 10:19:09 am
      We can't boo our team off, who are we Real Madrid?
      Okay i'll give you a positive, we haven't lost this season, with a game in hand we can be second, and I wouldn't worry about CL we will cruise through the group stages at least. In the League so far only two teams haven't lost, what do all of you want 6 wins, keep dreaming. Some of you are more annoyed from this year after 6 games than last year after 6, We couldn't do anything correct last year!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #22: Sep 29, 2007 11:20:16 am
      Redkenny - I do still feel the same on this subject.

Ok - We aint had a bad start to the season - but i looked at the table this morning and the MANCS are above us - and they've had by there standards a bad start to the season.

Still says a lot to me!  Ok, we've got a game in hand - but I'm always a believer, better having the points on the board rather than games in hand!

If we play well (like against Reading) I'll praise them more than anyone.  If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !

Quick Reply