Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

1 Down 2 to go

Read 5468 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      1 Down 2 to go
      Feb 26, 2012 08:22:06 pm
      We have just won the league cup.
      The only other achievements I really now this year is the FA cup and top 4.
      We can push very hard for the top 4 because we are in the the Europa already so lets be aggressive and be in CL next year after the FA cup.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Re: 1 Down 2 to go
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2012 03:04:56 pm
      Not sure now mate, maybe the FA Cup. But 4th is beyond us now, we can't score in the league.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,046 posts | 3352 
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2012 04:39:30 pm
      Not sure now mate, maybe the FA Cup. But 4th is beyond us now, we can't score in the league.

Well it isn't really is it? We're 10 points behind 4th with 36 points available. How the F**k is that beyond us? For fucks sake, get a grip lad.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2012 04:49:51 pm
      Well it isn't really is it? We're 10 points behind 4th with 36 points available. How the f**k is that beyond us? For fucks sake, get a grip lad.
      Always straight to the point Billy  :gt-happyup:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2012 05:16:27 pm
      Nothing should be considered "beyond" this football club until its mathmatically impossible.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2012 05:20:42 pm
      This again we aint getting 4th, ya its mathematically possible but aint happening. Sure we are only 27 points behind City maybe we can still win the league
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2012 05:23:04 pm
      Our Form indicates its going to be very very difficult to get 4th now unless teams above collapse or Van Persie gets injured.
      Personally if we win the FA Cup and finish 6th then its got to be a good season and a good basis to start next season.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2012 05:45:51 pm
      This again we aint getting 4th, ya its mathematically possible but aint happening. Sure we are only 27 points behind City maybe we can still win the league
      Never say never corbally  ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2012 06:53:53 pm
      Holy F**k, we may as well just f***in stop now then if you neg heads are anything to go by, with 36pts still up for grabs,lets just say ah, F**k the league,lets play the ressies for the rest of the season and give the senior players the longest pre-season ever,

the negativity here is as loud as ever, i mean,come on, F**k sake, some of you need to take your heads out of your arses, we may as well resign the Owlet, he's only 3pts behind,

what would you have all said had we won today ?
       i'm guessing nothing different in what your spouting now even tho the gap would have only been 4pts,why? because negativity rules your world, you cant see progress when it's staring you all in your f***in miserable faces,

you dont want it because you would all be prooved wrong, so dismiss anything positive, you hate it because you want to say '' i told you so' if things go tits up,

even in today's frustration i can grasp something positive from the game, but not you f***in lot,

we're all f***in doomed now, we may have won a cup,first for six f***in years, but you still f***in moan,

and here was me thinking, the neg-meisters have faded away like shadows into the night, but, how wrong was i,

one defeat since a cup win,and up pops your ugly f***in heads,

:mad: f***in unbelievable  :mad:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2012 07:04:22 pm
       To be totally honest (and I know this will be controversial) I won't be overly gutted if we don't get 4th. Let me explain.

Firstly, I've a hunch that even if we did make it we wouldn't last long. It would almost certainly hinder our push for trophies next season, and if we're in the Euopa league we can devlop some of our squad players a bit. What we need is a season of consolidation, some bedding down and hopefully a good tilt at the domestic competitions. No doubt we'd go pretty well in the Europa League, and although naturally given the choice I'd like to qualify for the Champions League, I won't be overly bothered if we don't make it.   
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2012 07:08:11 pm
      Um strange logic, we will be about 20 to 30 million out of pocket which could be spent on players and will probably struggle to attract the very top players. A team of Liverpools stature should be in the champions league.

Just a question has not being in the champions league helped us this season in the league
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2012 07:15:05 pm
      Just a question has not being in the champions league helped us this season in the league

I hope not!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2012 07:19:37 pm
      I still think we can make it if the players could just start winning consecutive games 1-0. Arsenal are going to drop a lot more points with the defence and Chelsea are imploding, unless they get Benitez.

If we start winning 4-5 consecutive games and close in on Arsenal you can be sure those bottlers will get a squeaky bum.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2012 07:25:16 pm
      That is a big if especially as we havent done it all season. What have we now is it 1 win in 7 in the league
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2012 07:30:38 pm
      That is a big if especially as we havent done it all season. What have we now is it 1 win in 7 in the league

I accept that but surely Kenny can say to them for the next few games that 1-0 wins are all we need to close the gap. We don't need loads of goals, just dirty scrappy 1-0 wins whatever the performances are like.

Put pressure on Arsenal and they collapse mentally, that is long proven.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2012 07:33:49 pm
      Mate it is a good theory aint happening, we have 8 draws at home, only Wigan and I think Stoke have scored less than us.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2012 07:37:36 pm
      Mate it is a good theory aint happening, we have 8 draws at home, only Wigan and I think Stoke have scored less than us.

In a normal season I'd say we'd already blown it.

But Arsenal are piss poor and could lose to anyone and Chelsea are getting worse. So whatever we have done up to now doesn't stop us still making 4th if we have the right mentality to scrap out 1-0 wins from here on in. It would be pointless to give up when you see how weak Arsenal are and knowing Chelsea are falling and still have to come to Anfield.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2012 07:42:57 pm
      I'm sorry but I see this "omg keep up the hope were only X points behind with XX points in play" every season and it gets old fast. It is kinda obvious that we can get to 4th, at least maths say so. But reality says otherwise, I think it's there to see. I still hope, but 4th seems almost gone tbh.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2012 07:48:28 pm
      I'm hoping with our current form in the league we dont fall any further down the table.

Just saw a shocking stat, we already have dropped more points at home 19 then the last 2 seasons combined. That is Rafa last season and including the Hodgson era
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2012 08:46:37 pm
      While it's still mathematically possible (how many freaking times do we have to say this?!), it's highly unlikely we will manage 10 wins from the last 12 games when we've been dreadful in front of goal this season.

Our longest win streak in the league this season is a measly .. 2.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Mar 04, 2012 01:45:18 am
      While it's still mathematically possible (how many freaking times do we have to say this?!), it's highly unlikely we will manage 10 wins from the last 12 games when we've been dreadful in front of goal this season.

Our longest win streak in the league this season is a measly .. 2.

I think if Kenny went with a forward line of Suarez alongside Bellamy with Kuyt on the right and Maxi on the left with Gerrard and Spearing in the middle we could win a lot of games until the end.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #21: Mar 04, 2012 07:06:20 pm
      So, 4th place looks incredibly unlikely.

However, between now and Tuesday 13th March, we play twice, while Arsenal play once. It is possible that a week on Tuesday, we could be 4 points off 4th. Odds are against it, but you never know. Arsenal can shoot themselves in the foot from time to time, hopefully this will be one of those times. I'm not giving up on 4th place yet. Still plenty of games to go.

FA cup still on. Don't give up on 4th place and a cup double just yet...
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #22: Mar 04, 2012 10:45:27 pm

4th is still possible. Keep faith. YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply