Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Supporting a Football Club...

Read 3513 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Supporting a Football Club...
      Reply #23: Mar 29, 2012 03:01:24 pm
      I can't bring myself to force to support a team. It's never happened. It didn't happen with Liverpool. For me Liverpool just happened. I didn't make a plan and look at the Premier League table and point 'THAT is the team of my choice'. I guess my love of Liverpool stemmed from being a massive fan of Michael Owen. And then largely because Owen played for Liverpool I followed his progress there. When I got into football I only followed it at international level.  But what really mattered is that Liverpool really intrigued me. Perhaps it was the BRIGHT red of the strip.

I have no local team, the nearest professional football team was over 100 miles away so for me I feel very lucky that I didn't have the pressures from others to support. I come from a family with absolutely no interest in football so me and my brother were very much starting something different and there really is no finer stroke of luck or fate even in supporting Liverpool. I was 11 when I first realised I was a Liverpool fan. And it had nothing to do with success. It was towards the end of 2002, and we were on the verge of getting knocked out of the Champions League at the group stages (by Basle eventually) and we were performing terribly in the league.

As the saying goes, and I really do mean this, I didn't choose to support Liverpool. Liverpool chose me!

That post works so well if you replace the word 'Liverpool' with the word 'gay'.

No offence like but it reads like a coming out letter.

;)

Quick Reply