Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

My football tour

Read 8620 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: My football tour
      Reply #69: Mar 05, 2012 02:09:33 pm

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #70: Mar 05, 2012 02:14:51 pm
      Bet something was lost in the translation and it's Liverool he thinks he's supporting.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #71: Mar 05, 2012 04:43:10 pm
      Made up to see Diego in the news, met up with him on Saturday and managed to secure him a ticket for the Sunderland game on Saturday, hope he has a great time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #72: Mar 05, 2012 05:29:55 pm
      Made up to see Diego in the news, met up with him on Saturday and managed to secure him a ticket for the Sunderland game on Saturday, hope he has a great time.
      Hahaha nice one Cas.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Mar 05, 2012 07:53:33 pm
      Bet something was lost in the translation and it's Liverool he thinks he's supporting.

Hahaha I said in the interview that I was a Liverpool fan, told them about the whole tour I was doing, named every game, but they simply ignored it to make it sound as if I had traveled all the way just to see Accrington Stanley :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #74: Mar 05, 2012 07:53:55 pm

Oh yes!!! ;D I can't wait for it, Traveling Kop here I come!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #75: Mar 05, 2012 07:58:47 pm
      Hahaha I said in the interview that I was a Liverpool fan, told them about the whole tour I was doing, named every game, but they simply ignored it to make it sound as if I had traveled all the way just to see Accrington Stanley :D
      Bloody English media ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #76: Mar 05, 2012 08:01:16 pm

Typical, media twisting words  ;)

Enjoy the trip to the Stadium of light  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #77: Mar 05, 2012 08:24:54 pm
      Oh, if any Liverpudlians from the forum would like to have a drink or do something during the weekend, let me know! My number while I'm in England is 07741 184580
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #78: Mar 05, 2012 11:35:52 pm
      If you are in the City Centre around early afternoon this Friday I'll treat you to a pint fella. Let me know.

Haven't been on the forum as much lately and hadn't noticed this thread until Saturday just gone. Read it from the start and it gave me a huge smile.

Paisleyred your a legend fella and Diego, what a f**king adventure.

Pleasurable read and one of the most enjoyable threads I've read on this.

Hats off!

EDIT:

Some posters on here must be getting slow...

Exaccctly!!!  ;)

Ian Rush, Accrington Stanley Milk Advert, CLEAN AND IN FULL!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #79: Mar 06, 2012 08:01:00 am
      You'll be getting propositions for Celebrity Big Brother, or something similar soon, Diego!

;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #80: Mar 07, 2012 09:54:07 am
      If you are in the City Centre around early afternoon this Friday I'll treat you to a pint fella. Let me know.

Hey mate, how early do you mean? I'll probably be around but I have to go to St Helens for the rugby league match at night, so it'll depend on what exactly you mean by early!

And also, Saturday is my last day here, I'll be going to Sunderland to see the away game, probably coming and going by coach, so I think I should be back in Liverpool at around 8 or 8.30 PM. So I was thinking it would be nice if anyone from the forum is up for a pint or two, like we did last year (at the Crown Pub, could be there again or somewhere else). If not, I'll probably go to the Cavern Club see the Beatles tribute, but personally I prefer having a beer with fellow reds! ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: Mar 08, 2012 12:30:48 pm
      Alright mate, not too sure what time i'll be out at this moment as workhas been hectic. Depends on how much I get through today>

I'll either message you on this later tonight or in the morning or text you on the number you have given with a time.

Hope you are enjoying your week.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #82: Mar 09, 2012 05:41:58 am
      Hope we can finish off you tour on a high (with a win of course) Diego !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #83: Mar 09, 2012 11:35:53 am
      so I think I should be back in Liverpool at around 8 or 8.30 PM

I'd say that was very ambitious.  I think you will have done well to get back for 9 myself.

See you later tonight.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #84: Mar 12, 2012 04:49:54 pm
      In the end, I only arrived in Liverpool at 12.15, which killed my Saturday night... it was probably a good thing though, as I had to wake up quite early on the Sunday morning.

Well, just to let everybody know, I'm back to Brazil. I'm already back to work as well, but my boss is nowhere to be seen, so I'm sitting here waiting for him to update me with what happened in those weeks I was absent and get myself something to do.

These are the results of my tour:

1. Crewe Alexandra 2-0 Accrington Stanley
      2. West Ham United 0-0 Crystal Palace
      3. Liverpool 2-2 Cardiff
      4. England 2-3 Holland
      5. Blackpool 1-1 Hull City
      6. Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal
      7. Tranmere Rovers 1-1 Notts County
      8. St Helens 10-22 Hull FC
      9. Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool

It means that cup final aside (which was only won after penalties), not a single one of the teams I was supporting actually won their games. :D

I don't really care about most of the clubs I was 'supporting' on those particular days though, so, despite the results, it wasn't frustrating at all - quite the opposite: amazing experiences. Only the Sunderland game left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

The highlight was obviously the Cup final, and that alone would've been worth the trip and many other defeats that came after that. If I had days like that Sunday @ Wembley more often in my life, I'd be such a happier person :D I have obviously to say thanks again to Paisleydalglish for giving me opportunity to experience this.

I also want to say thanks to everyone that helped me in any other way, like Cas (who got me tickets for the Arsenal and Sunderland games), Kenny (who went to the Tranmere game with me), JD (who went to the rugby game with me), Kenny's dad (although not on the forum, he was a bit of a tour guide during my time in L'pool ;D), and anyone else I might have forgotten.

It was great and I look forward to seeing everyone again in the future (when will that be though, I have no idea!)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Mar 12, 2012 04:55:44 pm
      In the end, I only arrived in Liverpool at 12.15, which killed my Saturday night... it was probably a good thing though, as I had to wake up quite early on the Sunday morning.

Well, just to let everybody know, I'm back to Brazil. I'm already back to work as well, but my boss is nowhere to be seen, so I'm sitting here waiting for him to update me with what happened in those weeks I was absent and get myself something to do.

These are the results of my tour:

1. Crewe Alexandra 2-0 Accrington Stanley
      2. West Ham United 0-0 Crystal Palace
      3. Liverpool 2-2 Cardiff
      4. England 2-3 Holland
      5. Blackpool 1-1 Hull City
      6. Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal
      7. Tranmere Rovers 1-1 Notts County
      8. St Helens 10-22 Hull FC
      9. Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool

It means that cup final aside (which was only won after penalties), not a single one of the teams I was supporting actually won their games. :D

I don't really care about most of the clubs I was 'supporting' on those particular days though, so, despite the results, it wasn't frustrating at all - quite the opposite: amazing experiences. Only the Sunderland game left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

The highlight was obviously the Cup final, and that alone would've been worth the trip and many other defeats that came after that. If I had days like that Sunday @ Wembley more often in my life, I'd be such a happier person :D I have obviously to say thanks again to Paisleydalglish for giving me opportunity to experience this.

I also want to say thanks to everyone that helped me in any other way, like Cas (who got me tickets for the Arsenal and Sunderland games), Kenny (who went to the Tranmere game with me), JD (who went to the rugby game with me), Kenny's dad (although not on the forum, he was a bit of a tour guide during my time in L'pool ;D), and anyone else I might have forgotten.

It was great and I look forward to seeing everyone again in the future (when will that be though, I have no idea!)

You better start cheering for the Blueshite tomorrow so, ya c**t. :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #86: Mar 12, 2012 04:58:56 pm
      Think we have just worked out what our bad run of form is down to..

Diego out....
      I'm organising a march..  :)

Glad you enjoyed your trip.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #87: Mar 12, 2012 05:37:53 pm
      My record seeing Liverpool in the stadium now looks like this:

5-0 Birmingham (@ Anfield)
      2-2 Cardiff (@ Wembley)
      1-2 Arsenal (@ Anfield)
      0-1 Sunderland (@ Stadium of Light)

So I have one top class performance, a difficult cup win (as our cup wins always are!), an unlucky defeat and a dreadful performance. Maybe it was just Liverpool wanting to present me with various kinds of experiences. I've already seen nearly it all :P

(Ok, I would have preferred less experiences and more wins!)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #88: Mar 12, 2012 05:55:37 pm
      Just need to add Epic Derby Win to the list.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #89: Mar 12, 2012 06:33:22 pm
      Pity you couldn't have stayed for the 'Derby' Diego, I would have let you have my ticket, you have to experience a 'Derby' one day in your life.

Glad you had a wonderful time, just a shame the footy wasn't up to standard, was very glad to be able to help you out though, glad you had a safe journey home.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #90: Mar 13, 2012 08:06:02 pm
      Pity you couldn't have stayed for the 'Derby' Diego, I would have let you have my ticket, you have to experience a 'Derby' one day in your life.

No it's not, did you see the way his supported teams faired when he was here.  ;)

MsGerrard
      Reply #91: Mar 14, 2012 01:46:41 am
      No it's not, did you see the way his supported teams faired when he was here.  ;)

Glad he didn't stay now  ;)

Quick Reply