Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R

Read 12755 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #23: Mar 08, 2012 08:35:13 am
      Enjoyed reading that, the lad knows what he is saying.

Always liked him, loved it when he signed with us, love that he's turned out to be a great signing and this just makes me respect him on a whole new level.

Well in Glen.
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #24: Mar 08, 2012 08:45:09 am
      The problen is though PD everytime you and other read more up-dates it eats at you again. The anger comes back which isn't taking the club forward. I'm not saying it isnt justified. The post could go on a existing thread. Starting more threads on the Evra/ Suarez is pointless. Move on and stop letting it eat away at you. There's more to life than this you know.

How did i get dragged into this?

For the record i feel this interview deserves more highlighting than just merged into another thread because one of our own has put himself out there to still defend a team mate he feels has been wronged.

And frankly id banged on about that i wanted someone from our club to say publically why we felt how we did and why we reacted like we did and to an extent Glen has stepped up.

Well done Glen.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2012 08:59:12 am
      It is good to hear another view point from other posters like Keith.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2012 09:00:54 am
      For the record , Glen was asked questions about the Suarez incident , he did not bring the subject up himself , he answered the questions honestly and intelligently.
      Imagine what would have been the headlines if he had said, ' No comment we want to move on '. It would have been something along the lines of , ' Glen Johnson refuses to back team mate Suarez '.

That really would have been great !!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Mar 08, 2012 09:15:12 am
      Stumbled upon and read the whine version posted by a Manc; still loved Johnson's comments on the Suarez-Evra issue.

Top man. Johnson.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2012 09:29:05 am by solodee »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Mar 08, 2012 09:24:43 am
      It is good to hear another view point from other posters like Keith.

Thank you corbs.

Reason being is when Liverpool fans post on a Liverpool forum they can sometimes forget their they do get biased views. Not everyone is like you & RedLFCBlood. Not forgetting the rose tinted views but i won't mention them.  ;D

Having constructive criticism is something what's needed on here other wise you can get up your own arses...(( RedLFCBlood would love that  :D ))... agreeing with one another all the time.

Manc or no manc my thoughts are not biased no matter what others may think.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #29: Mar 08, 2012 09:36:49 am
      Not another thread.   :roll: We ALL! really need to move on now. What's done is done. We can't change thing so for the good of football lets just get on with it. Its history now.

So easy for you to say. You are not the one being called a racist because of unsubstantiated accusations while accuser got away with much worse; the club you support is not being called a racist club.

If anything, it was all a win-win situation for Ferguson, Evra and the mancs. So, it's easy for you to say "move on".

You wouldn't survive walking a mile in Suarez' boots!
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #30: Mar 08, 2012 09:49:57 am
      Yes Glen :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #31: Mar 08, 2012 09:51:30 am
      Well in Glen, top man. I'd listen to him all day rather than breathe the same air as a dirty manc.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #32: Mar 08, 2012 09:51:38 am
      Quote from CRK
      Fantastic read that, very interesting to hear one of our players speak so openly about the whole thing.

Also good on Ian Ladyman making it absolutely clear that these were direct responses to specific questions as opposed to someone with an agenda wanting a message sent out to a rival club.  Makes a change when someone is actually willing to explore the other side of the story when so many others have stuck with United's view on it all.

Don't be giving him too much credit. Like the rest of the press, he still sees Suarez as guilty.

Otherwise good interview in general. It may help though, if a non-Liverpool player with no vested interests of any kind, gave his side of the argument that comes down on Luis' side. Unfortunately, they have been few and far between.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #33: Mar 08, 2012 09:58:34 am
      The problen is though PD everytime you and other read more up-dates it eats at you again. The anger comes back which isn't taking the club forward. I'm not saying it isnt justified. The post could go on a existing thread. Starting more threads on the Evra/ Suarez is pointless. Move on and stop letting it eat away at you. There's more to life than this you know.
      Fair play Keith but what immediately comes to mind is Kenny's decision to close the door on the matter when Luis was given the 8 match ban and the fine in an effort to minimise the crossfire directed at the club. It was agreed that it was a dignified and magnaminous gesture by all and sundry, no doubt the instigators of the deceit ie Evra and Slur Alco, were mightily relieved that legal proceedings were not persued as in the Terry case.
      The moral injustice surrounding the incident will not go away due to a number of factors: A. the credibility of the liar Evra B. Likewise his manager C. the unreasonable influence on an unqualified judging body that is the FA by Ferguson and board members of the FA who are associated with Man U. D. the lack of any supporting evidence to make a case for any of Evra's, Fergusons' or the FA's hysterical claims.

While all that is bubbling away Keith the sh*t will keep striking the fan.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #34: Mar 08, 2012 10:12:28 am
      man i hate this manc supporter posting in every thread i see. i swear its some london media rat. no manc can love our club this much
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #35: Mar 08, 2012 10:14:01 am

Otherwise good interview in general. It may help though, if a non-Liverpool player with no vested interests of any kind, gave his side of the argument that comes down on Luis' side. Unfortunately, they have been few and far between.
      The problem is mate too many people with a vested interest (ie the FA) have classified the case 'not up for discussion' consequently the disciples of the aforementioned unqualified body are scared shitless about making noises that make waves.
      The FA is run on the basis of an unquestionable forum, in itself unsustainable and manifestly unjust.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #36: Mar 08, 2012 10:16:23 am
      man i hate this manc supporter posting in every thread i see. i swear its some london media rat. no manc can love our club this much
      Hahaha cracker mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #37: Mar 08, 2012 10:17:43 am
      So easy for you to say. You are not the one being called a racist because of unsubstantiated accusations while accuser got away with much worse; the club you support is not being called a racist club.

If anything, it was all a win-win situation for Ferguson, Evra and the mancs. So, it's easy for you to say "move on".

You wouldn't survive walking a mile in Suarez' boots!

Your not the one being called racist either. Yes i know fans have been label it but we both know its not true. Get over the wind up merchants cos that's all they are. Suarez looks to have moved on now. So should WE the fans.

Regards...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Mar 08, 2012 10:18:40 am

;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39: Mar 08, 2012 10:31:50 am
      Fair play Keith but what immediately comes to mind is Kenny's decision to close the door on the matter when Luis was given the 8 match ban and the fine in an effort to minimise the crossfire directed at the club. It was agreed that it was a dignified and magnaminous gesture by all and sundry, no doubt the instigators of the deceit ie Evra and Slur Alco, were mightily relieved that legal proceedings were not persued as in the Terry case.
      The moral injustice surrounding the incident will not go away due to a number of factors: A. the credibility of the liar Evra B. Likewise his manager C. the unreasonable influence on an unqualified judging body that is the FA by Ferguson and board members of the FA who are associated with Man U. D. the lack of any supporting evidence to make a case for any of Evra's, Fergusons' or the FA's hysterical claims.

While all that is bubbling away Keith the sh*t will keep striking the fan.

As long as new thread keep starting up i agree the sh!t will continue to hit the fan. That's why it needs to be moved into one of the relevent thread,...(( god we have enough of them  :-\ ))...

I started a thread up the other week about the first member to recieve 1000 positives. If that's not worthy of a thread of its own nothing is. However, a mod argued we already have a thread titled members milestones.  :roll: Can you see where i'm coming from? Is it one rule :roll: for one and another rule for another?

Consistency is something that is lacking on some occasions. Its of my opinion this is one of them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Mar 08, 2012 10:39:15 am
      Find it a bit much Keith that you're telling us to move on once fingers are pointed at one of your players.

Well said Glen.
      Glad to see the media giving it time and ink.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #41: Mar 08, 2012 10:53:26 am
      Find it a bit much Keith that you're telling us to move on once fingers are pointed at one of your players.

Well said Glen.
      Glad to see the media giving it time and ink.

One reason alone racer. Just so it doesn't eat away at you all.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Mar 08, 2012 10:58:59 am
      It's not eating away at me.
      On the clubs side, if it develops a strong togetherness inside the players then that too can only be a positive development.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #43: Mar 08, 2012 11:00:20 am
      Firstly Keith, eff off with your telling us what threads should and shouldn't be started on a Liverpool forum, this is new article being brought to light that deserves to be discussed. 

This won't die down because of the sense of injustice that still exists hangs over this incident, especially by those that have read the report.  The language experts stating Suarez's account is more probable and neither side comes out of that report smelling of roses, but guilt or even one being more probable than the other is never clearly established and the wording of it is simply to block an appeal, no more no less.

It still pisses me off that they infer TV evidence but none has come to light, do you really think Sky wouldn't use it, if it had it?

I do wonder how the club will respond to this though, I know the response from the media will be it's usual feckless self. x

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Mar 08, 2012 11:13:08 am
      Firstly Keith, eff off with your telling us what threads should and shouldn't be started on a Liverpool forum, this is new article being brought to light that deserves to be discussed. 

This won't die down because of the sense of injustice that still exists hangs over this incident, especially by those that have read the report.  The language experts stating Suarez's account is more probable and neither side comes out of that report smelling of roses, but guilt or even one being more probable than the other is never clearly established and the wording of it is simply to block an appeal, no more no less.

It still pisses me off that they infer TV evidence but none has come to light, do you really think Sky wouldn't use it, if it had it?

I do wonder how the club will respond to this though, I know the response from the media will be it's usual feckless self. x

Thats your prerogative rodders. I'm moving on and not reading it anymore.  I better not suggest you do the same cos of what might follow.  ;D

Good reading rodders and good health.  :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Mar 08, 2012 11:22:42 am
      Can only agree with the sentiment that it was a great interview from Glen Johnson, but in a way I agree with Keith's sentiment that we draw a line under it and move on. (for different reasons to Keith probably).

The club appear to have done so and Suarez appears to have done so, its not Johnsons fault obviously as he was being interviewed and was only responding to the questions asked and conducted himself in a manner befitting Liverpool FC in his responses.

I just can't help but think now that all the furore surrounding the incident has all died down, it should be left alone rather than bringing it into the public domain every couple of months or so. Suarez has rightly or wrongly (delete as you see applicable) served his punishment for this incident and every time its discussed in the public domain it again becomes a trial by media for Luis, which is not helping him or the club.

Quick Reply