Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

This Summer - Who Leaves and Where do we need to improve?

Read 21804 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: This Summer - Who Leaves and Where do we need to improve?
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2012 09:53:12 pm
      Gotta love the irony with that forum name don't ya.

:lmao:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2012 09:58:39 pm
      Jesus Christ..

I don't want to piss on anyones bonfire, dampen expectations or play down the size of the club.

But Hazard, Cavani, Lavezzi, Robben, Llorente.. Honestly? People citing off the names of some of the most sought after talents in World football like we have a hope in hell of signing them. Im sorry but we havent. We can't offer £300,000 a week wages, we can't offer the holy grail of CL football and we're still in a transitional phase after a rapid decline over the past 3 years. I love playing football manager too, but if you set yourselves up for the arrival of Marque names, you're only going to be dissapointed come the end of Summer.

We have to be shrewd. Stay away from the British market and hope to God Commolli pulls a couple of stars out of the bag which I presume is one of his primary roles at the club.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012 10:16:01 pm by Dannylfc »
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2012 10:10:03 pm
      Out

Adams
      Carrol
      Downing
      Maxi
      Commoli
      kenny

In
      AA
      Tello
      Hazard (someone to unlock the gate, if not him then of smiler mould)
      Cav from Nap

Hopefully

Rafa

Your forum name is 'Keepthe Faith' , yet you say Kenny and Comolli need to go. Haha, of people like you crack me up. You're too confused and idiotic to even realise what you're saying :)
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #49: Mar 24, 2012 10:13:05 pm
      keep the faith and u want rafa back after he forced alonso out what a joke

Out

Adams
      Carrol
      Downing
      Maxi
      Commoli
      kenny

In
      AA
      Tello
      Hazard (someone to unlock the gate, if not him then of smiler mould)
      Cav from Nap

Hopefully

Rafa
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #50: Mar 24, 2012 10:14:38 pm
      try get hoilet have a punt at jordan rhodes we cant buy big so lets be realistic
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,041 posts | 3352 
      Reply #51: Mar 25, 2012 02:12:07 am
      Lets wait till Summer to see who leaves.

Where do we need to improve? Everywhere.
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #52: Mar 25, 2012 02:48:57 am
      The one player I think should be on the clubs radar is Victor Moses. 

I am a fan of a non league club but went to see Wolves v Wigan earlier this season and he was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch.  Seeing him in wigan's other live games this season has only confirmed my belief that he is improving at a high rate of knots and is destined to be an important player for one of the big clubs.  He is young, quick and skilful and has had the same sort of impact with Wigan that Valencia had prior to his move and would in my opinion be a great signing for LFC.

As regards a striker, I think that the first decision that the club needs to make relates to Andy Carroll.  Either play to his main strength in the air by two playing wingers who can deliver a ball or offload him.  Obviously he has disappointed this season and I get the impression that his attitude is not the best, in which case alternatives must be found.  Bas Dost of Heerenveen has impressed me this season and may be worth a bit of a punt.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #53: Mar 25, 2012 08:05:13 am
      A striker and winger will do just fine for me.
      When you think
      Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Suarez are defiant starters that's only 3 players missing.
      You will then have two new players that should be able to start. I would want these players to be over the age of 26 though. So that leaves us with one remaining player. That player I'm happy to be a rotation position.This is where Carroll, Adam, Hendo, Downing,  Bellamy rotate.

The only problem for me is who do we get. I would love David Villa. Still a world class player and I cant see him getting back in the Barcelona squad after the injury, Rossi from Villareal is another thought, will be cheaper after the bad injury, there are rumours about him being up for sale. In really have no idea who to get let me hear your thoughts on you team mine is.
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      New player Gerrard Lucas Downing (rotated player)
      New player Suarez.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #54: Mar 25, 2012 09:21:16 am
      Alonso , Hoilett, and Hunterlar should surfice . Get rid Henderson ,Carroll and Adams and bring in sterling and Eccleston
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #55: Mar 25, 2012 10:29:15 am
      Alonso , Hoilett, and Hunterlar should surfice . Get rid Henderson ,Carroll and Adams and bring in sterling and Eccleston
      When you spell our number 26 right. Then i will listen to you.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #56: Mar 25, 2012 02:59:34 pm
      I know a lot of u guys wouldnt agree with my choices but i think

We need to get rid of the whole lot on the posters list and Andy Carroll. Spearing on loan would be a great move for his development so would Flanny and Robinson if they are not guaranteed of playing time.

On the ins my first choice surprisingly would be El Nino if Chelsea like us are ready to cut their losses, cos we need to be realistic, no champions league football next season so we need players we can get and also at their real valve and not just pulling names off a hat like magicians.

The RB from Ajax and the CB both dutch players seem like good players to me but might also be on the radar of the big teams. I think hazard is beyond us due to attention going his way, the Brazillian Leandro seems to be an okay player and we need explosive wingers on both flanks.

As per the academy we need to blood in the young skillful talents at our disposal like the Suso and Sterling and probably loan out Coady Connor
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Mar 25, 2012 05:58:15 pm
      Dont think we need to panic and change too much, but here's my thought's for what they are worth.....

OUT;                                     In;
                      Doni                                     Brad Jones
                      Aurelio                                  Jack Robinson
                      Cole                                      Kristian Adorjan
                      Maxi                                      Raheem Sterling
                     Aquilani                                  Tiote/Dembeli
                      Kuyt                                       Suso
             Poss Carroll                                      Cavanni
                     Wilson                                     Andre Wisdom/ or Sama
                                                                  Shane Long

I believe we have enough cover for the back four, With Gerrard getting older i think he could be brought back into a defensive role with Lucas and Spearing in front of the back four,

in midfield we could have Sterling,Tiote/Dembeli,Adorjan,Shelvey,Suso,Downing,Pacheco,

up front, Suarez, Cavanni, Carroll?, Morgan, Shane Long,

I'd keep hold of Adam,Carra,Bellers, maybe Kuyt if he wants to stay,

not sure how much messers, Cavanni, Tiote, Dembeli, Long would cost but i would hazard a guess at under £50m, with recouping around £10-£12m in sales, big Andy is a will he wont he player,we could cash in maybe sell for £20m and use it to add a fringe player or three, but quality is key, and patience, plenty of it...    YNWA

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #58: Mar 25, 2012 06:24:48 pm
      I will take any player from any league just he understands what it means and what is expected to wear the Red Jersey of LFC and do justice to our manager when he is picked.

Love to take the kaiser back into our midfield.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #59: Mar 25, 2012 06:29:57 pm
      Nigel De Jong would do just fine in the defensive midfield position. I think he is getting a lil bit disenchanted in City
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #60: Mar 25, 2012 07:52:12 pm
      I don't think we're far away from having a good squad. We need to buy a top ST, someone who puts away chances for fun.I'm not sure who. I'd also keep Carroll as I think he will improve over time and we're going to make a loss if we sell. I'd also promote N'goo and see what he can do, I'd be interested to see how he would do. We also need a top class winger to replace Kuyt or Maxi.  Mertens for me personally, but Gaston Ramirez, Afellay, Tello etc. Just someone who has 10 goals in them and assists. I think Downing needs another season, a lot of his goals for Villa came from having a good winger on the right and he tends to have a better second season. I'd sell Kuyt personally and have Bellamy, Sterling and Suso as back up. Some might say it's too early but I expect the latter two to at least get some game time in Europa League. Suarez can also play on the wings if need be. For midfield, well Gerrard,Lucas are the mainstays but Hendo must also get some game time along Shelvey. Adam I don't think is good enough and would sell but I don't think it's going to happen. I'd keep Spearing. For young midfielders coming through people say Coady but I don't think he'll make it, I think Teixeira might feature as he was already featuring in Europe League squads for Sporting. And the defence for me is pretty much fine as long as Carra gets no where near the pitch.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #61: Mar 25, 2012 09:16:27 pm
      I wouldn't sell many - Adam would be the stand out departure in my opinion.
      I do think, however, we need to sign plenty to replace those playing this season:
      Our defence, with a bit of work, will be fine with another youngster brought in to cover for Agger and Skrtel, and maybe another left back to cover Enrique.
      Our midfield needs two new wingers. Lucas and Stevie in the middle is fine. Spearing can cover Lucas, and I genuinely feel Henderson would be an okay replacement for Gerrard, so long as he plays in centre mid. He's young, and with a bit of confidence he should be okay as a substitute. Bellamy is fantastic but cannot afford to be played every week and I don't see why Downing can't be his back up. This sees a very Eden Hazard sized gap open up on the other wing.
      Up front, Luis of course. But he needs a more clinical striker on his shoulder for whom he can create chances. Llorente, Cavani, Lissandro. People of this standard are what he needs. Carroll can either leave for a cut-price or sit on the bench.

If we can sign these sorts of players, we have a shot at Champions League football. Unfortunately, I can't see us signing these players without Champions League. We have a good squad, but squad players aren't what we want and need. The player I've mentioned are.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #62: Mar 26, 2012 08:30:51 am
      Serious investment needed....

my starting 11 for next season (I CAN DREAM!)

Reina

Johnson                        Agger                     Skrtel            Enrique

Lucas                    Gerrard

Dempsey                                   Suarez                      Sterling

Cavani
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #63: Mar 26, 2012 12:31:12 pm
      Just one player is needed, somebody that is going to score 25-30 goals.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #64: Mar 26, 2012 04:27:51 pm
      A winger and a striker both of significant quality required, minimum! Cover for left back also needed. We have enough depth elsewhere for next season. I would spend the full summer budget on a winger and a striker. Ideally i'd like Hazard and Cavani but realistically if we can sign either Junior Hoilett or Adam Johnson, preferably both, and a proven striker like Huntalaar i'll be content enough. No need to sell anyone we need depth!
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #65: Mar 26, 2012 05:10:09 pm
      were does the m0ney come from for huntallar/hazard/cavanni lets be realistic went aint gonna be getting any of them
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #66: Mar 26, 2012 07:13:32 pm
      I would like to see more players coming into the squad than leaving it. We are light on numbers and next season we will have European football to contend with as well as domestic.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #67: Apr 17, 2012 08:50:57 am
      Now Comolli has gone, it will be an interesting summer.

Quite a few departures, and signings I feel.

finishing where we are in the league will not matter if we do the cup double, as we are showing we can still compete, and we are still winning "truffies"
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #68: Apr 17, 2012 10:28:06 am
      Now Comolli has gone, it will be an interesting summer.

Quite a few departures, and signings I feel.

finishing where we are in the league will not matter if we do the cup double, as we are showing we can still compete, and we are still winning "truffies"
      Will be interesting to see what type of players we sign this summer.

Quick Reply