Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro

Read 58020 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Re: QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro
      Reply #782: Mar 22, 2012 01:43:51 am
      Kenny isn't going to criticise his own players' lack of quality in public. What he says in private to Clarke and Comolli is a different matter. You don't need to be a football genius to see where the team has been let down this season. Our goals for ratio and the individual scoring record of our "attacking" players is pitiful.

i understand that kenny isnt a guy who would criticize hos own players, even if he should do it in time like this imo. But he has come out and said we dont need new players and we wont be signing new players in the summer, in three different occasions. 
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #783: Mar 22, 2012 01:49:16 am
      i understand that kenny isnt a guy who would criticize hos own players, even if he should do it in time like this imo. But he has come out and said we dont need new players and we wont be signing new players in the summer, in three different occasions.

I don't believe he really thinks that, Billo. He can see the failure of the team to score goals and win 3 matches in a row all season like the rest of us can see it. I think he wants to keep our transfer plans underwraps and will always play things down.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #784: Mar 22, 2012 01:53:41 am
      So difficult being a Liverpool fan ..

I can't imagine what those who have seen the successful Liverpool team of the 1980s must be feeling. Who could have foreseen what the club would be going through in 30 years time.

I'm quite happy with the Liverpool performances this season in general in comparison to last season under Roy and Rafa's latter years but it's just not enough to keep on putting the same performances and not come away with wins.

I really can't understand what the hell is the problem because we seem to get similar results in the league regardless of the players we have, who the manager is or who the owners are!!

Can't believe we've never scored more than 3 goals in a league game this season as well.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #785: Mar 22, 2012 01:55:25 am
      Liverpool FC  fans.....Schizophrenic lot.

We we win......We are the best!

When we drop two points......we're sh*t!

When we lose Blackburn and 'em.......The players are not good enough to be reds; Out with KK!

Truth is, this is all part of the game. No fan on here is better than any other.

Aged fans like me, over 35! pick our words carefully and we're diplomatic about expressing our pains; but others are different.

That is what makes it a forum. Agree to disagree. We are all after the good of the Club.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #786: Mar 22, 2012 02:06:00 am
      I also can't understand why when our opponents drop points, we also have to drop points. Been like that since the season we finish 2nd :(
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #787: Mar 22, 2012 02:50:44 am
      Whe you look at the squad's performance, second half of last season and how we were banging in goals, then compare it to this season's goal drought; it's clear something upset the game-play of the team.

Gerrard's return should be the plus to the whole squad.

The sale of Miereles was an error of huge magnitude. He had game intelligence and his positioning is almost flawless. He knew where to stay and catch all those spilled balls. An extra £40k(?) promised wasn't gonna need breaking bank to pay. I like his game.

I have no problem with any of KK's buys....... Well Henderson still puzzles me but.. They are all very good players..  However, a Gerrard-Charlie-Miereles midfield since the Lucas-Injury, would have been very solid.

Oh well, we will win the next game.

DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #788: Mar 22, 2012 04:24:21 am
      OMG the fkn world is ending  :roll:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #789: Mar 22, 2012 04:59:36 am
      Liverpool 1 - 0 QPR:
      Wow, what a goal. 3 points should be ours now, because QPR doesnt seem to be a threat to us today.

Liverpool 2 - 0 QPR:

Nice, these 3 points are definitely our now. Thought that F**k yeah, im gonna get 7 points in prediction league. QPR cant score anyway and i doubt that we will score either. Keep the score pleaae.

Liverpool 2 - 1 QPR:

Damn, only 4 points in prediction league and lots of others are going to get 7 :( At least LFC will get 3 points and closer to NUFC and Chelsea because QPR was only lucky to score that one goal. No chance they will score another.

Liverpool 2 - 2 QPR:

How the hell did this happen. Damn, Suarez is out too so its gonna end 2-2 and we will get only 1 point. F**k it, CL place was gone anyway. At least we dont lose because no F***ing way will QPR score another goal.

Liverpool 2 - 3 QPR:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Knew something would cheer me up this morning! :D
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #790: Mar 22, 2012 05:00:55 am

I had paragraphs written on ,
      In  return for our owners investment , should they expect more and how much more are they going to have to spend
      I had Kennys got to move some players on in the summer
      I had Liverpool Football Club should never ever lose 3 goals to any Premiership club in 18 Mins especially OPR
      But I settled for

I thought Liverpool were excellent last night ,creative, high tempo ,making plenty chances  2-0 up and cruising
      18Mins later  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #791: Mar 22, 2012 05:34:59 am
      How the F**k Carra, Carroll, Henderson keeps getting games just goes to show how so far away we are from CL football. Those players are the mid table types... We ARE heading mid table..

5 points behind Newcastle, Swansea 3 points behind, Sunderland, Everton and f***in Stote close.

4th place is 12 points away and we are only in f***in March!

F***ing gutted. The League (4th) is gone weeks ago... Concentrate on FA Cup.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #792: Mar 22, 2012 06:34:19 am
      I am still trying to work out how the hell we managed to throw 3 poimts away,we did enough in the first half and should really have been 5 or 6 goals ahead at half time.It is so disappointing to lose against these nothing  teams  but we have got to start to shooting at the goal instead of laying the ball off all the time.It is like our players are afraid to shoot and prefer to give another player the responsibility of scoring.I will add young Coates goal was a cracker and the rest of our players would do well to try and emulate him when in the goal ares.
             One other thing I am annoyed with is the rough house treatment Luis Suarez got from Ferdinand (in particular) and some of the other Q.P.R.defenders,he needs more protection from these refs.As the ref was Webb I suppose we should not expect ant difference.
      Lvpfanatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #793: Mar 22, 2012 06:35:50 am
      Could be a bit daring and say the game was rigged?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #794: Mar 22, 2012 06:38:42 am
      I woke up this morning still shaking my head in disbelief and mumbling random swearwords.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,542 posts | 1537 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #795: Mar 22, 2012 07:18:59 am
      I just saw the goals on sly sports.

Coates goal was brilliant.

But watching Reina, I don't know, something is definitely not right, and I think it's in his head.

The first two goals, he seemed stranded, and just flapped a hand at the ball. I'd like to think he was wrong footed, but I'm no convinced he was, because it's been happening quite often this season. The second goal, he was nutmegged, and don't really know if you can blame him for that.

He's not right.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,470 posts | 2857 
      Reply #796: Mar 22, 2012 07:53:25 am
      Still can't F***ing believe it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #797: Mar 22, 2012 07:54:55 am
      I actually can't really find anyone to truly blame for that performance. It was truly smash and grab. Hendo should have jumped for the corner, Skrtel misjudged the flight of the ball on the cross, and Enrique just flat out whiffed. Two of those three have been arguably our best players all season, so I can only be disappointed.

I'm glad I read that kev because up until the 77th minute our "expensive flops" were winning this game at a hack canter. It was two mistakes from, arguably, our two best players this season which cost us. Who would have thunk it?

I went to bed anything but F***ing happy last night; I'm anything but F***ing happy now but (thankfully) I woke up and I'm still a Red. sh*t happens, you learn from it, you move on.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6798 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #798: Mar 22, 2012 07:57:42 am
      F***ing demoralizing!

Relegation teams must love playing us. 12 points lost to Relegation fodder already this season is just not good enough.

We had 12 players on that pitch for the first 61 minutes (Joey Barton really wanted to be wearing that Red shirt), he goes off, game changes, crowd gets up for it, LFC try to defend a 2 goal lead and get hit for 3 goals to lose the match.

Who would have thought that at half time when we really should have been leading by at least 3 or 4 goals?

It's so depressing and frustrating but it just seems to happen to our Club all the time. I actually didn't weep this time, I think I'm getting used to this sh*t.  :mad:

Soft arse effort lads in that last 30 minutes. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #799: Mar 22, 2012 08:16:22 am
      Livid to lose this one.

Players need to step up, or jog on elsewhere.
      RedWilly

• 9,210 posts | 1645 
      Reply #800: Mar 22, 2012 08:20:10 am
      This current crop of players deserve everything their getting in the league this season. It's alright saying 'we were unlucky, didn't deserve that', but when you keep having to come out and say it, then there is something wrong.

Mentally I have never seen such a weak group of players, we have a lot of rather large bottlers in this squad and you could even point to our sh*t pens this season as an example of buckling under pressure. No team with aspirations should be 2-0 with 15mins to go and losing. Worse part is that after the 1st goal went in we all feared the worst.

Same old sh*te and some players don't deserve to be here next year. Need to sign some real quality that will fight for the shirt and are real winners.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #801: Mar 22, 2012 08:27:12 am
       Didn't demoralise or destroy me, we weren't going to get fourth anyway. The one player I'd have a pop at would be Henderson who bottled it for the first goal (again), but other than that, sh!t happens. We move on and get ourselves ready for our second Wembley appearance of the season, and try our best to win our second trophy of the season. It could be a whole lot worse.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #802: Mar 22, 2012 08:29:12 am
      The one player I'd have a pop at would be Henderson who bottled it for the first goal (again)

Looked to me like he was being jumped all over, but whatever you say.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #803: Mar 22, 2012 08:30:56 am
      Despite a nights sleep still p**sed about last night's performance. At one point I had delusions of Champions League football: Nasri had just put Sh*tty 2-1 up and seconds later on Radio City Aldo is shouting as Dirk scores our second! Spurs were still 1 nil down and I was hoping against hope the Blue sh*te might equalise against the Gunners (just shows how deranged I've become this season!). Within 15 minutes I went from being in a fantastic mood to becoming completely unapproachable. I should know better given how we have performed this season.

No time for sentiment now: we need some fresh faces to replace some of the British mistakes we have bought last summer. We especially need a top striker!!
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #804: Mar 22, 2012 08:31:14 am
      Performances have been great for 80% of the game but with our luck the 20% of lapse in concentration is really costing us.
      Kenny can only do so much and has been as critical as the fans when justified. Some of these players need to step up, loose any sense of arrogance and play 100% for 100% of the game.
      Last night was laughable and hope we don't see it repeated any time soon.
      As 4th has gone, do we see any hope of some youth getting in the team for some competitive matches now? Id like to see some of these kids in action.
      The focus has to be FA Cup now as when we are out of that the season is over.
      Not gonna hear the last about finishing below Newcastle especially up here in Darlo  >:( 

Quick Reply