Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness

Read 46008 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness
      Reply #713: Mar 24, 2012 05:42:22 pm
      SH*T
       I am feeling like a wolves supporter(with respect to wolves) I am just getting used to this now
       often during games i wonder when we are going to concede and not when we are going to score

pls. put on Sterling on the MOTM poll , I will vote for him, He just did more in 10 mins than most of the others did in 90
       YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #714: Mar 24, 2012 05:42:28 pm
      The trouble started with G&H, and culminated in them kicking Rafa out the door. Rafa was the only one defending our club against any and all, and he kept us together, all with no backing.

When Rafa left, we went into meltdown.

For me, it's never been a case of should KK go, yes I was happy (nostalgia will do that to you) when KK was called back to be our manager, but for me, it's always been a case of Rafa should never have left.

He was sacked (I think), when we were 7th in the league - again, I have to say, with no backing from G&H.

It's easy to point the finger at KK, but the real culprits are the two Americans who left us high and dry.

KK, and even Roy, were always on a hiding to nothing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #715: Mar 24, 2012 05:42:45 pm
      We look a complete mess. As gutless a performance as you will see at anfield
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #716: Mar 24, 2012 05:46:05 pm
      I just have a horrible numb feeling that I also had after the QPR match.

That's me too I developed thick skin through H&G, Rafa's final season and Roy's tenure.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #717: Mar 24, 2012 05:51:02 pm
      I respect your opinion but I personally believe your opinion is wrong. Downing was not worth 20M! He was the star of a Villa squad that was average. I live in birmingham, in nechells which is right next to Aston. All my family are Villa fans and they were laughing at us when we paid 20m for Downing. Imagine the type of winger we could have had if Kenny wasn't being ignorant to the modern game and would have actually looked abroad. And no i'm not in dream land and thinking of your Alexi Sanchez's of this world. We could have got a tricky little winger for that sum of money. Again, I must say, Hendo for 16m was just nuts. It's all good saying " we need to build for the future" but we live today and today we was sh*t. I don't include Adam in the flop signings because he was bought for such a small fee. Carroll was bought for that money because apparently we need a striker "straight away" to replace Torres. The problem is, from January to June of the year Carroll was bought, he hardly played for us.

They have got the signings very, very wrong. Pointless people highlighting Kenny's net spend. Regardless of who he got rid off, he had 100m to play with. That's A LOT of money to rebuild a team. That's four 25m players. That's a striker, a winger, a centre midfielder and a defender. of coarse one would break that money up a lot more then just four players. In my view, that's 4 players at 20m each and 2 players at 10m each. All of a sudden you have a team!
      Hit the nail on the head mate, good post.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #718: Mar 24, 2012 05:51:10 pm
      Kenny is saying the players were tired and we don't have enough players to give them a rest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #719: Mar 24, 2012 05:51:48 pm
      With Kenny being responsible, (or Commolli) for not just buying the likes of Henderson, Adam, Carroll  and Downing, but also continueing to select them as first choice regulars, when everyone else can see they are not of the required standard. it spells out one message. We have become a mid table side, with fans who have unrealistic expectations of what we should be achieving. Winning the league cup does not make us a good side, Birmingham won it last year. Cup games are one offs. The Prem is the bread and butter and the measure of quality. We, like other mid table teams can raise the standards against the top sides, but are equal on consistency with only the remainder of the teams currently placed from 5th to 12th. Get real lads, if something doesn't change very soon, the attraction to draw in  top players to our great club will be gone. If it means half the squad have to go, and Kenny, so be it.  Liverpool Football is bigger than any individual as has been said so often in the past. We can no longer dine out on the past glories, we have to get real and do whatever it takes to turn this around or we will BE history, not a part of it. F**k me am I hurting today.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #720: Mar 24, 2012 05:53:16 pm
      Post match

"I think we looked a wee bit tired," he said. "We had a lot of possession in the game but we gave away the ball quite a lot in vital positions. It's not because they can't play, it's because of tiredness.

"If you play Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday it's going to take its toll. A lot of the lads had played all three games, and for us that's a reason behind our performance.

"It's because of the demand on them with games, and we've not had enough players at our disposal to give them adequate rest.

"It's a problem we face and it's dictated to the clubs and the players by the television schedule. The fact we've done well in two cup competitions has obviously given us lots of extra fixtures.

"We'll accept our progress in the cups and we'll have to accept that we're going to be a little bit tired. If we're going to be successful we've got to be able to handle it."

Referee Lee Mason awarded a penalty for a high challenge from Martin Skrtel and disallowed another Suarez goal for handball.

Dalglish added: "It doesn't matter how well or badly you play, you still need a wee bit of luck sometimes and there is no reason why the second goal should be chalked off for me.

"But we can't control referees, we can control ourselves. We'll brush ourselves down and get ourselves going again. We've got a week's rest now until Newcastle next Sunday, and we'll make the best of that."

The game was also notable for the debut of 17-year-old Raheem Sterling, who became the club's third youngest ever player.

Jonjo Shelvey and Jon Flanagan were also involved.

"It's nice to see the kids get a game but it's also better for us to look after them," said the boss. "We're not going to throw kids in and destroy them, but it's nice to see them on the pitch.

"Jonjo came on and gave us a wee bit of a lift as well."
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #721: Mar 24, 2012 05:53:46 pm
      Kenny is saying the players were tired and we don't have enough players to give them a rest.

Kenny's interviews have been dodgy of late, and this is another one of them.

Excuses KK, they were plain terrible today. Call it like it is.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #722: Mar 24, 2012 05:56:35 pm
      We had our time we loved it now lets look forward to  a survival fight 2012/2013 i feel like a Blackburn fan
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #723: Mar 24, 2012 05:57:30 pm
      Another embarrassing interview from Kenny there, blaming tiredness, what a bloody awful excuse!!

It was only a couple of days ago he was saying that our squad had the best fitness levels in the league!!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #724: Mar 24, 2012 05:58:27 pm
      Can't accept tiredness , other teams have the same schedule and still manage a performance.
      Love KK to bits but he's making excuses and it's not acceptable , it wasn't from Roy Hodgson and it's not from KK.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #725: Mar 24, 2012 06:01:02 pm
      Another embarrassing interview from Kenny there, blaming tiredness, what a bloody awful excuse!!

It was only a couple of days ago he was saying that our squad had the best fitness levels in the league!!

The team did look tired today, with a few exceptions such as Spearing and Flanagan.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #726: Mar 24, 2012 06:02:12 pm
      The Kenny out brigade on Twitter can F**k right off.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #727: Mar 24, 2012 06:02:43 pm

If they were tired why didn't Kenny give the boys some red bull to drink?
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #728: Mar 24, 2012 06:03:54 pm
      The team did look tired today, with a few exceptions such as Spearing and Flanagan.

Well it's a good job we didn't get European football this season , 'cos we' d have been comatose by now !
      God knows how we'll manage next season with Europa Cup.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #729: Mar 24, 2012 06:08:03 pm
      Well it's a good job we didn't get European football this season , 'cos we' d have been comatose by now !
      God knows how we'll manage next season with Europa Cup.

That's a worry if the squad number doesn't increase in the Summer. We have a smaller squad than the other big clubs.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #730: Mar 24, 2012 06:08:41 pm
      Kenny blaming the loss on tiredness in the players, that he chose himself
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #731: Mar 24, 2012 06:09:10 pm

;D

Just had a good laugh there. Funny
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #732: Mar 24, 2012 06:11:38 pm
      Ask yourself this question.

If Hodsgon spent more than 100 mill and not improved from the season before.....

Would you want him sacked?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #733: Mar 24, 2012 06:12:04 pm
      Interesting

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #734: Mar 24, 2012 06:12:04 pm
      I understand Dalglish defends the team and all, but tiredness? Really?
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #735: Mar 24, 2012 06:12:11 pm
      I went to the game today and quite frankly I want my money back!!  The crowd were well within their right to boo at the end!!  Where on earth do we go from here??

Quick Reply