Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

8 games left 24 points to win or lose!

Read 4695 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      8 games left 24 points to win or lose!
      Mar 24, 2012 06:40:43 pm
      With our dire form continuing in the Premier League and with just 8 games to "get through" just wondered how many points we could salvage perhaps a minimum of a dozen any views
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Re: 8 games left 24 points to win or lose!
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2012 06:42:33 pm
      I think we'll need 12 points to finish 7th!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #2: Mar 24, 2012 06:46:50 pm
      We could win 24 points.
      We could win 0 points.

So F***ing what?

Pointless discussing what could happen!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3: Mar 24, 2012 07:54:40 pm
      We could win 24 points.
      We could win 0 points.

So F***ing what?

Pointless discussing what could happen!

If it's pointless discussing what could happen, what's the point of an internet forum?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Mar 24, 2012 09:22:30 pm
      If we finish lower in terms of points than last season, it's a big problem.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2012 09:24:32 pm
      If it's pointless discussing what could happen, what's the point of an internet forum?

Ignore the lad, he is in denial, can't discuss what is happening without jumping on someone and refuses to discuss what could happen either. A brick-wall phrase comes to mind.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Mar 24, 2012 09:32:36 pm
      If we finish lower in terms of points than last season, it's a big problem.

Not really a problem for me mate, our season rests now on winning the F.A. cup not whether we finish 6th 7th or 8th. Win the cup and we can call it a successful season, otherwise even with the League cup win already in the bag it's been a poor one.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2012 09:41:39 pm
      Not really a problem for me mate, our season rests now on winning the F.A. cup not whether we finish 6th 7th or 8th. Win the cup and we can call it a successful season, otherwise even with the League cup win already in the bag it's been a poor one.

Yeah, I would be happy with the two cups but as someone else had said ....  I think it's a little too much for anyone to have expected us to challenge for the league title this season. I agree with that and while a top four spot was a decent target ...

With all the money spent, the least the team could have produce should be an improvement from last season's league campaign.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2012 09:43:55 pm

If its pointless discussing what could happen, whats the point of life...whats the point of anything.......... Waaah !

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Anyone got the Samaritan's number ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2012 10:23:34 pm
      If its pointless discussing what could happen, whats the point of life...whats the point of anything.......... Waaah !

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Anyone got the Samaritan's number ?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice one
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2012 11:11:58 pm

So dickheads can give themselves an ego boost while others discuss what has happened, not what's going to because unless I'm mistaken nobody on here is a fortune teller.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 25, 2012 12:09:17 am
      So dickheads can give themselves an ego boost while others discuss what has happened, not what's going to because unless I'm mistaken nobody on here is a fortune teller.

Do you have a problem or something, I'd imagine 90% of your posts contain swear words or abuse to another forum member.

If you think this thread is pointless, don't reply in it, simple as.

Anyways, I think how many points we get will be affected by the result against Newcastle, if we beat them then hopefully it'll drive the players on to try and catch Newcastle up in the league. Anything less and I can see us struggling in the league and finishing 8th/9th.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Mar 25, 2012 02:11:44 am

I don't think anyone claimed to be.

On the other hand, it's perfectly acceptable to discuss permutations.

If you have a problem with that, why not just ignore it, and let others have a discussion if they want to.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #13: Mar 25, 2012 02:25:15 am
      I don't think anyone claimed to be.

On the other hand, it's perfectly acceptable to discuss permutations.

If you have a problem with that, why not just ignore it, and let others have a discussion if they want to.

Well discuss it then.

Up to now I've yet to see your claim on how many points we'll get. So if you want to discuss it, then discuss it but up to now you're not doing a great deal of it either are you?

Do you have a problem or something, I'd imagine 90% of your posts contain swear words or abuse to another forum member.

Anyways, I think how many points we get will be affected by the result against Newcastle, if we beat them then hopefully it'll drive the players on to try and catch Newcastle up in the league. Anything less and I can see us struggling in the league and finishing 8th/9th.

If you have a problem with my posts, don't reply to them, simple as. Practice what you preach springs to mind. And yes I swear, so what? Do words on the internet offend you in some way? If they do then you need to get a grip.

And of course our points will be affected by Newcastle. If we beat Newcastle we can still get 24 from our remaining 24 points available, if Newcastle beat us they'll of made 21 being the potential grand total. So of course the Newcastle result will have a baring, so will Villa, Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich, Chelsea and Swansea.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #14: Mar 25, 2012 06:15:33 am
      If you have a problem with my posts, don't reply to them, simple as. Practice what you preach springs to mind. And yes I swear, so what? Do words on the internet offend you in some way? If they do then you need to get a grip.
      Junior_Red is 100% right. You're abusive in nearly every single post you have in this forum. If you disagree with someone, please do so calmly and intelligently. There is no need for your aggressive demeanor. Thank you. 
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Mar 25, 2012 08:39:06 am
      lose
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Mar 25, 2012 08:50:01 am
      Junior_Red is 100% right. You're abusive in nearly every single post you have in this forum. If you disagree with someone, please do so calmly and intelligently. There is no need for your aggressive demeanor. Thank you. 

Who is the Amish? Who  is the Mormon?

Its taken 50 years for Billy to stop swearing at me so I thank myself lucky.

C'Mon you two. Man Up.   
      Get some emotion out.
      It'll do you good.

I often take an Uzi to a party.......been a while since Ive been back to Huyton though.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #17: Mar 25, 2012 10:51:23 am
      I think we'll finish in 8th but weve got europa league already and the fa cup is a massive priority now.

2 cups THIS year with all the circumstances previously is a fantastic return. However silverware or not, just competing in cups without high league placings or CL consistently is a failure imo.

IF you are not in top 4 then 1) you havent won the PL league (biggest prize) 2) you cant even compete for the CL (2nd biggest prize)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #18: Mar 25, 2012 02:03:42 pm
      If we beat Newcastle we can still get 24 from our remaining 24 points available, if Newcastle beat us they'll of made 21 being the potential grand total. 

Good math this  :action-smiley-060:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Mar 25, 2012 02:14:37 pm

Are you a journalist? That's taken totally out of context of the post in question.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #20: Mar 25, 2012 03:51:48 pm

C'Mon you two. Man Up.   
      Get some emotion out.
      It'll do you good.
      I'm neither Amish nor Mormon. I swear like a trooper when necessary. But it's annoying when someone posts 20 times a day on here and nearly every one of his posts sounds like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum while losing a video game.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 25, 2012 07:11:26 pm

C'Mon you two. Man Up.   
      Get some emotion out.
      It'll do you good.

I often take an Uzi to a party.......been a while since Ive been back to Huyton though.

I don't need to 'Man up' as you put. Simply stating that the need for abusing people just because you're frustrated about how the team is performing, if we all acted this way this forum would go to sh*t.

I'm going to take my own advice and ignore his posts in future unless they're actually constructive in anyway.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: Mar 25, 2012 09:07:45 pm
      I'm going to take my own advice and ignore his posts in future unless they're actually constructive in anyway.
      Well good for you then.You ignore his posts. Unfortunately for you DLS is one of the most learned and knowledgeable members of this forum so you're not going to be able to say much are you.
      Take the heat.

On topic.

8 Points behind the Toon tonight who are equal with the Chavs.
      With 24 points to play for , with the best most optimistic will in the world including my undying love for this Club, only miracles can get us clawing  that margin back.

We've the Bitters and Sunderland (how ironic) on our tail.

If we do well ...we can keep 7th ........................ ..........for the third successive season !

Quick Reply