Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will be the score on Sunday?

Liverpool win?
      50 (58.8%)
      Newcastle win?
      21 (24.7%)
      Draw?
      14 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko

Read 8330 times
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko
      Mar 28, 2012 10:51:53 pm

Tricky 'ole game this one. Newcastle off the back of a good win at the hawthorns while we suffered a bad defeat to Wigan. I do believe this is a winnable game as Newcastle can be got at especially their back line without POODLEHEAD.

Luis Suarez is obviously our dangerman and alot rests on him but Steven Gerrard usually plays well against Newcastle so he will be well up for it. Looking for a bit of passion and commitment but I'm going for this team:

--------------------------------------Reina-----------------------------------------
      ----------Kelly------------Carra-------------Skrtel-----------Enrique----------
      ------------------------------------Spearing--------------------------------------
      ------------Downing--------------Gerrard-------------------Maxi--------------
      ------------------------Suarez---------------Carroll------------------------------

0-2. Carroll and Suarez.

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44106.0

View from the castle.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2012 10:26:42 am by MsGerrard »
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Re: Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2012 02:25:35 am
      funnily enough I am quite looking forward to this, its away from Home = less pressure, I expect we will not be favourites to win = Less pressure. Would definetly start with Carroll & Jose, playing against their old team they will want to impress, give Streling the last half hour to run em ragged,  2-0 to us, Carroll and SG
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2012 02:42:20 am
      funnily enough I am quite looking forward to this, its away from Home = less pressure, I expect we will not be favourites to win = Less pressure. Would definetly start with Carroll & Jose, playing against their old team they will want to impress, give Streling the last half hour to run em ragged,  2-0 to us, Carroll and SG
      Would love to see us play Sterling for at least half an hour. Think he can actually have a big impact.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2012 03:26:20 am
      Would love to see us play Sterling for at least half an hour. Think he can actually have a big impact.

Agreed x1000
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2012 04:18:21 am
      Their defence is shot to sh*t at the moment, we really have no excuses here. It is a must and should win game!
      Lvpfanatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2012 06:26:14 am
      It is a must win game indeed. I wouldn't want to be in Carroll's shoes in this game. But our recent form suggests we'll get beat again and they'll more demands for Kenny's head.

Nevertheless, I hope to see Sterling given more first team play time. This kid will be the next J.Barnes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2012 07:57:27 am
      Doni; Flanagan, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique; Spearing, Shelvey; Suarez, Gerrard, Maxi; Carroll.

Subs: Reina, Carra, Kelly (if fit otherwise Aurelio), Henderson, Downing, Sterling, Kuyt.

Obviously if some of the lads are back from injury and fit (mainly Bellamy and Johnson) I'd think about slotting them in.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2012 08:07:57 am
      We have been getting some huge stick this week and as such there is a point to prove. The players have to perform this week and show that they have not just rolled over.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2012 08:23:17 am
      We need to win this and put some pride back in our famous RED SHIRT.I am not worried which 11 players start the match as long as they put a 100% effort in and can hold their heads up high when the final whistle goes.Don't let us down lads.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #9: Mar 29, 2012 08:27:09 am
      Reina will not be dropped....

Reina

Coates                       Carra               Skrtel

Kuyt               Henderson             Spearing         Gerrard          Enrique

Carroll                  Suarez

Subs: Doni, Flanno, Maxi, Sterling, Bellamy, Downing, Aurelio

Not going to predict a score - as a loss wouldn't surprise me.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2012 08:50:14 am
      Reina will not be dropped....

And nor should he.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2012 08:56:13 am
      We'll win this comfortably, its the type of game where our players turn up and do the business.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2012 08:56:28 am
      Will be tough but if i was Kenny this week id be ripping them to F**k in training and telling them that our target for the last 8 games of the season is to finish above these, and if i dont see you F***ing putting it in and producing performances for the fans then you wont play at wembley.. Dont save yourself for that because if i see anything less than 100% then you wont play there or for this club next season.. 8 games to go to turnaround an 8 point deficit on these so its a must win...

Tossers..........

Anyway.

Reina
      Flanagan  Skrtel    Coates  Enrique

Downing Spearing Gerrard Sterling

Suarez
                           Carroll

Subs: Doni, Carra, Aurelio, Henderson, Kuyt, Maxi, Shelvey

Id throw the kid in, he looked a right pacy handful last weekend, these will expect him to start off the bench and maybe wont factor in a start, get him in get him running at them, then take him off for Maxi to link with Luis for the last half hour..

Absolutely must win...
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2012 09:03:29 am
      Heard Collocini is out for them which could be massive.

Regardless, depends which Liverpool team turns up. If its the one who wants to fight, we'll stuff um. If its the one of the last two matches, we're fu**ed.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2012 09:25:24 am
      We need to see if the Reserves are able to step up...
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2012 09:36:33 am
      I got a feeling that Sunday is gonna be a good day. Andy Carroll's day.
      MsGerrard
      Re: Newcastle V Liverpool 1st April 2012 1.30 ko
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2012 10:31:46 am
      Added a poll, I think we'll draw this game 2-2, would love us to win and I sincerely hope we do, but I feel like I've had the stuffing knocked out of me from the last two games, feel on a bit of a downer and I can't see us getting the win we all desperately need to lift the spirits.

All I ask is that players don't hide and shirk their responsibilites like I feel they have done the last couple of games, we need everyone to up their game and get the three points.

April Fools Day - let's hope the media don't have a field day and make us the fools, come on lads we need this.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: Mar 29, 2012 10:58:58 am
      Newcastle V Liverpool | Tactical & Opta Statistical Preview

Tim Krul and Pepe Reina are the only 2 players from both sides to play every minute of every game in their respective sides in the Premier League this season.

Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll have both came on from the bench 13 times this season, more than any of their team-mates.

Leon Best has been substituted 14 times this season, more than any other Newcastle player.

Dirk Kuyt has been substituted 10 times for Liverpool this season, more than any other Liverpool player.

Danny Simpson is the only outfield player from both teams to have started all 30 games in the Premier League this season.

Demba Ba is Newcastle’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 16 goals.

Luis Suarez in Liverpool’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 7 goals.

Both Newcastle and Liverpool have benefited from 4 own goals this season.

The last draw at Newcastle between these two sides was on 6th December 2003.

Newcastle have a streak of 13 games without a draw against Liverpool in the Premier League and they have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 matches against Liverpool in the League.

Newcastle are now 6 home matches without a defeat in the League. Last defeated at home by West Brom 2-3 on 21st December 2011.

Liverpool have now lost 3 matches in a row away from home and haven’t drawn an away game since 21st December 2011

Liverpool have drawn 99 Premier League games away from home and scored 498 goals on the road.

Only Wolves (5) have picked up fewer points than Liverpool ( 8 in the Premier league in 2012).

Papiss Demba Cisse has scored five goals in his six Premier League appearances for Newcastle.

Dirk Kuyt has scored in five of his seven Premier League starts against Newcastle, including the last three in a row.

Liverpool have won six of their last seven Premier League games against the Magpies, losing the other.

Newcastle’s last victory in this meeting came last season against Liverpool at St James Park when Andy Carroll scored in the 90th minute for the Magpies.

The Reds have lost five of their last six Premier League matches, including their last three on the road.

Steven Gerrard has assisted a goal in each of his last four Premier League starts against Newcastle.

Gerrard has also netted five goals in his last five league appearances against the Magpies.

Alan Pardew’s side are unbeaten in their last six matches at the Sports Direct Arena, winning four of those.

Opta
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #18: Mar 29, 2012 11:24:25 am
      Had a quick glance at their forum. They were ight.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #19: Mar 29, 2012 01:07:42 pm
      I'm missing a trip to Germany so that I could watch this on some shitty stream at home. We better F***ing tw*t them!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #20: Mar 29, 2012 03:30:18 pm
      I think we'll win this. The players will be playing for a place in the semi-final at Wembley.

I'd love to see Sterling get another chance from the bench - I can't see him starting the game. Big Andy and Enrique will both want to play well against their former club and I think they will both start.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #21: Mar 29, 2012 05:44:54 pm
      I'm missing a trip to Germany so that I could watch this on some shitty stream at home. We better f**king tw*t them!

;D I hope we win for you :P
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Mar 29, 2012 05:46:07 pm
      I'd just want to see us press them high up, sick of us giving space to teams to play

Quick Reply