Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match tonight?

Maxi Rodriguez
      48 (28.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      36 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (18.5%)
      Craig Bellamy
      15 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (6%)
      Jay Spearing
      1 (0.6%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      22 (13.1%)
      Someone else?
      5 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations

Read 50362 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool - Post match shouting
      Reply #874: Apr 10, 2012 10:45:12 pm
      When we lose it's all about "if only" (if only someone scored an easy chance, if only the referee wasn't such a b***ard, if only Carroll cut his hair, etc), so I'll play devil's advocate here, and say two of our players could have very well been sent off - Jones and Flanagan.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #875: Apr 10, 2012 10:45:54 pm
      I just hope that we can show the same kind of spirit like we did tonight.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #876: Apr 10, 2012 10:46:18 pm
      It "s been a while since we came back to win, these have been really dark days for us and tonight will give us a boost for Saturday.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #877: Apr 10, 2012 10:46:53 pm
      I disagree. It's called respect and being mannered. Not being inconsiderate and rude. You don't have to talk about certain events in the match, but at least not act like a total pr**k.

He walked out midway through the interview just to say hi to someone.

I'm just glad I don't know people like you if your attitude is like that.

You're misunderstanding the whole situation and casting aspertions at me because of your misunderstanding of the bigger picture. The second part of this I couldn't care less about however you might want to look into things a bit more than just judging things on face value, there is a lot more behind that interview than simply the questions being asked and Kenny was purposefully treating him without respect because it's called reciprocation.

If you want our manager to give respect to Andy Burton of Sky while he's clearing trying to wind him up then you've got a lot to learn about interaction and true respect. If somebody treats you disrectfully you don't just simply take it on the chin while the world is watching and the more he can make Andy Burton look like the person he truly is then I'm all in favour and the more he can insult Sky the more I'm in favour. Perhaps you should campaign for Roy Hodgson back, because he would of been all please and thank you's and the lack of respect being shown would of flown straight over his head as it has yours, thankfully Kenny is far too wise for that and I'm 100% behind his responses, yes.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #878: Apr 10, 2012 10:47:10 pm
      Ok having time to reflect now....

Pros
      -We finally won a game!
      -Carroll scored
      -Maxi showed again why he should get more games
      -We showed fight and didnt bottle it after giving two away
      -Johnson got nearly an hour of football

Cons
      -Flanagan was terrible, unbelievable sh*t
      -We still cannot defend set pieces
      -Jones is a dodgy goalkeeper
      -Mistakes
      -Two goal leads given up too easy
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #879: Apr 10, 2012 10:48:29 pm
      Could Skrtel miss the Semi-Final for the punch?

Was thinking the same thing mate depends on what mood the FA are in I think because Ivanovic  has been charged by the FA for violent conduct but on the other hand Balotelli has escaped punishment for his "challenge" on Song. I personally hope Skrtel will be able to play but you know the kind of decisions we've had off the FA.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #880: Apr 10, 2012 10:49:48 pm
      When we lose it's all about "if only" (if only someone scored an easy chance, if only the referee wasn't such a b***ard, if only Carroll cut his hair, etc), so I'll play devil's advocate here, and say two of our players could have very well been sent off - Jones and Flanagan.

If Flanno had been sent off, the horrific backpass to Doni would have never happened. Butterfly effect and all of that ;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #881: Apr 10, 2012 10:50:13 pm
      Flanagan should have been substituted when he came close to the red, if he had been we wouldn"t have had the situation with Doni, but it"s all hypothetical now.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #882: Apr 10, 2012 10:51:42 pm
      The decision with Jones could have gone either way, I'm glad it went the way it did and I think he did well considering

Flano was awful, really really awful, reckless, nervous, I'm not kneejerking here but I'm honestly trying to think if I've ever seen a player play a worse 25 minutes of football

Good job Kenny took him off, he was heading for a second yellow easy

Perhaps he's just not ready but if he looks that unsure of himself against Blackburn, he's in for a shock against the likes of United and City
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #883: Apr 10, 2012 10:52:16 pm
      Ok having time to reflect now....

Pros
      -We finally won a game!
      -Carroll scored
      -Maxi showed again why he should get more games
      -We showed fight and didnt bottle it after giving two away
      -Johnson got nearly an hour of football

Cons
      -Flanagan was terrible, unbelievable sh*t
      -We still cannot defend set pieces
      -Jones is a dodgy goalkeeper
      -Mistakes
      -Two goal leads given up too easy

Can't disagree with any of that and I would add that Agger got more time on the pitch too, which was a bonus.

The overall grit and determination was the biggest thing for me.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #884: Apr 10, 2012 10:52:42 pm
      Any more suggestions that we should sell Johnson as we have Kelly and flanagan im going to go mad. With Kelly injury problems no F***ing way would i sell Johnson would be insanity 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations
      Reply #885: Apr 10, 2012 10:53:03 pm
      Not respect as in admiration, but just answer the question without being rude. Or don't answer the question at all. What's the point in actually doing press conferences then? Just stop doing them. Simples.

He has to.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #886: Apr 10, 2012 10:53:54 pm

Tut, stop dragging me down!!!

In fact F**k it I'm out.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #887: Apr 10, 2012 10:54:34 pm

He could have Steve Clarke take the interviews like Mancini and Ferguson do with there assistants.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #888: Apr 10, 2012 10:54:44 pm
      didn't come on here during the match on purpose, just read back through most of the thread and some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves and decide if this is the club you want to support, obviously we all want us to win, but some of the crap posted on here is a disgrace, only RedLFCBlood, Rush and Suarez7 where supportive, that I could see, everyone else where just slagging the players off, yes everyone has an opinion, but sh*t, try supporting instead of slagging off the players, yep, again some of the players don't help themselves but they don't try and lose on purpose, apart from the obvious mistakes I thought we dug in and showed a lot of determination and hard work, don't forget we where a man down for like 60 mins of that game and we where attacking still in injury time, that shows a lot of bottle.

Well put mate.

There is a difference between being a fan, and being a supporter.

I know which one i am.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #889: Apr 10, 2012 10:54:59 pm
      Rollercoaster of a gametonight, emotions were all over the place, but can't stop smiling after seeing Andy finally getting the reward his effort tonight deserved. Had to spend long periods of time isolated and fighting a lone battle, but I thought he did reasonably well, held the ball up and might have had a goal earlier if he had made better connection with his head.

Thought Skrtel was m.o.t.m. Bellamy ran him close but I thought Martin edged him. Agger coming on helped change the game, Johnson looked exhausted and hopefully hasn't taken too much out of himself for the weekend.

Shelvey did more than enough to maintain the hopes he will develop into something a little special in time.

Thrilled and delighted with our effort comitment and most importantly the win. All the players should be up after winning a game that given our luck we would normally have lost.

Great boost for the weekend..... can't wait.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #890: Apr 10, 2012 10:56:53 pm
      Any more suggestions that we should sell Johnson as we have Kelly and flanagan im going to go mad. With Kelly injury problems no f**king way would i sell Johnson would be insanity 

Agreed wholeheartedly. Johnson is fantastic, Kelly is good but very unreliable (injury-wise), and while Flanno is still a youngin' and learning, I've never seen much from him to truly impress me. It would be bad business to get rid of Johnno.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #891: Apr 10, 2012 10:57:16 pm
      John celebrating Andys winner.................John Barnes Celebrating Andy Carroll's winner
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #892: Apr 10, 2012 10:57:24 pm
      Our 10 men team win with fighting spirit (winning goal at end of the game), and some young players show us they are ready to represent LFC for years ahead, good sign I hope.
      Good win lads, and the King.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #893: Apr 10, 2012 10:57:26 pm
      Hopefully Maxi keeps his place for the week end

I don't question the manager when he is picking sides but I really don't know what more maxi needs to do to get minutes. One of the great mysteries of the 11/12 season imo.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #894: Apr 10, 2012 10:58:43 pm

Fergie boycotted interviews for years.

You're misunderstanding the whole situation and casting aspertions at me because of your misunderstanding of the bigger picture. The second part of this I couldn't care less about however you might want to look into things a bit more than just judging things on face value, there is a lot more behind that interview than simply the questions being asked and Kenny was purposefully treating him without respect because it's called reciprocation.

If you want our manager to give respect to Andy Burton of Sky while he's clearing trying to wind him up then you've got a lot to learn about interaction and true respect. If somebody treats you disrectfully you don't just simply take it on the chin while the world is watching and the more he can make Andy Burton look like the person he truly is then I'm all in favour and the more he can insult Sky the more I'm in favour. Perhaps you should campaign for Roy Hodgson back, because he would of been all please and thank you's and the lack of respect being shown would of flown straight over his head as it has yours, thankfully Kenny is far too wise for that and I'm 100% behind his responses, yes.

We both have varied opinion but let's just focus on the important part, the match, and a cracking 3 points.

Although, there is a deep irony with the post I made :laugh: 
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #895: Apr 10, 2012 10:58:53 pm
      We beat Blackburn away with ten men, in bottom of the table yes, but for F**k sake we won and roll on Saturday.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #896: Apr 10, 2012 11:00:23 pm
      Well put mate.

There is a difference between being a fan, and being a supporter.

I know which one i am.
      Pfft, only cos she dropped your name :p

Quick Reply