Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Next Season

Read 4845 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Next Season
      Reply #46: Apr 14, 2012 07:55:46 pm
      We've gone unbeaten in the cup games thus far but why can't we play in the league?

I think if Kenny brings in about two or three quality players and finds that winning formula, we'll be able to stick around with the big boys for a bit.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Progress
      Reply #47: Apr 15, 2012 01:58:37 pm
      Just something that I sorta realised last night...
      Ill admit that from the first time I seen the likes of Lucas, Skrtel + Spearing play for us I wasn't impressed and over the past few seasons Ive prayed for them to be rid of but think the vital thing is that over time theyve progressed greatly and now fit our team and understand the whole philosophy of the club.

Most of us have also been high critics of the new signings (hendo, downing, carroll, adam) but weve seen what they can do at previous clubs and they have all had the odd moment throughout the season showing what they can do (admittedly with no consistency at all) but Id like to keep faith in the players, maybe they will never live up to their pricetags but I surpose thats just modern football, youll always be paying a higher price than desired for those sorta players cause especially for hendo and carroll at the time they  were up an coming players an to be fair probably had the potential to become big international players and with being from england, the homegrown thing sorta edged us to fork out an extra few million which also leads on to my main point, summer signings...

It would be great to go out an buy some top, proven european players for the club but ideally I would only like to see maybe 1 or 2 top signings, maybe another striker, love to see higuain or cavani but not so sure if they would join us, maybe if cruyff does become the new director then we may have a good chance of catching those sort of players but if we went and forked out another 100 or so million on players that are not yet proven as top top players it would be very frustrating as i could only see next season being somewhat similar to this (talking about our league performances), plus another though is that pretty much all of our midfield + strikers have only been at the club for one or two seasons at most (apart from gerrard + spearing) an thats where weve struggled greatly this season, our defence have been outstanding this season an i think that is partly due to the time factor, they have all spent a few seasons at the club to gel themselves in together and at one point in the season we had (statistically) the best defence in the league! so maybe just give our mids+attack another season or two to gel together until we can start trusting them and dont forget that we are a progressing club trying to have success that we had in the 70's an 80's contesting the league every season, we all know that wont happen for probably 5 seasons at least so in the mean time we have to just be patient i think
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Re: Next Season
      Reply #48: Apr 15, 2012 05:34:15 pm
      to all the people who seem to be fearing next season surely things can and will only get better, referring back to Joe88's comment,,
      all this years signings will learn to gel together more and play better, past few games have showed us that carroll is finally coming good
      lucas will be back too, our team seemed to fall apart after his injury, hopefully we wont have too many injuries like this season, and hopefully an extra signing or two could boost us further, id be happy for next season to have 3 good cup an european runs, and at least in the run-in for 4th place, that means were going to have to be better than arsenal, tottenham, chelsea and newcastle,,

i think that newcastle probably wont reach the same peak as in this season, if they have a bad start or bad run of games, as mike ashley has shown before, alan pardew is very likely to lose his job, if harry leaves spurs then im sure they will deflate, and realistically i think we probably have a better squad than chelsea and arsenal right now, but yet again maybe our squad just needs time to gel, i think the futures very bright for liverpool

Quick Reply