Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 51347 times
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #529: Apr 22, 2012 06:42:49 pm
      lacing up  his boots shabs. he can do it  without  laces.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #530: Apr 22, 2012 06:44:45 pm
      Look, we can afford to be more objective. We don't have a poacher to get to the end of the final pass. Carroll is a target man while Suraez and the rest are a whole bunch of creators. Even Bellamy. This is why we can create so many chances but couldn't score. See what our squad is? What is that to do with Kenny?

Let me elaborate. We should be fine after getting a striker that can put those chances away. To win you need to score goals. To score goals you need someone to put chances away. For someone to put chances away, you need to be creating them. We already have a bunch of players capable of creating chances. We are not far from being a complete squad. Lack of goals is what got us to where we are this season. Get a proper striker and we'll be okay.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #531: Apr 22, 2012 06:45:03 pm
      I would trade the 2 cups for a top 4 finish.

I agree. Winning 2 Cups is all fine and dandy now, but it does F**k all in sustaining success and a long term future at the highest level for the club.
      Reaching the Champions League is more effective in the long run and attracts players that can keep the club acheiving a high standard.

I mean come on. Portsmouth won the FA.Cup a few years a go and look where they are now. Cup success (bar UCL) a
      isnt as beneficial as it once was, as it it too domestic and success in it will not attract the best players from overseas who dont understand it.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #532: Apr 22, 2012 06:45:40 pm
      no time for knee jerk comments like ¨i´d rather finish top four so people stop paying me out at work then win trophies because people pretend they´re worth nothing just because their team didn´t win it¨

we all know we´re going to finish in a terrible position this year even if we win the rest of our games in the league. the best we could have done for months now is a cup double to start in the group stages in europe next year. i do hope we don´t get stupid and panicy enough to suggest the king isn´t the right man for next season. okay so if we aren´t motivated for the league next season, there are obviously problems. but it´s getting boring having the same knee jerk reactions every game we lose.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #533: Apr 22, 2012 06:46:48 pm
      I would trade the 2 cups for a top 4 finish.

Well then you have no clue about being a supporter you idiot. When our childrens children look back at the record books in 30 years time, what will look better. That we finished 4th or we won TWO CUPS. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours is simply WRONG.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #534: Apr 22, 2012 06:47:24 pm
      But for Liverpool, it's everything for us to rebuild on. Surely you can see that? Everything flows from a champions league place, money, players, status.

People keep saying Arsenal are trophyless for 7 years, we're not far behind with 6.

People don't remember Arsenal as 'the team that finishes top four every season' but instead 'the team that hasn't won anything in 7 years'.

Like I said, I don't want to drop out of the Champions League race just to win cups but it's out of our reach now so there's no point talking about it but I'm happy with a trophy (or two hopefully).

I blame Kenny for not lacing up his boots and coming on for the 2nd half to put our chances away.

Is this what we expect from him?

That's what I've been thinking. We got shots, we got possession, we got corners, just no goals.  I get alot of ppl saying we can't just blame the players but also the manager must hold his hand up and be the man and admit. I was like 'WTF else can he do?'

Saying he should sign Olsson, Brunt and Odemwingie because Johnson made a mistake, our wingers are sh*te and cause Suarez has a lower conversion ratio than Carroll??
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #535: Apr 22, 2012 06:48:12 pm
      My Kingdom for a Goalscorer!
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #536: Apr 22, 2012 06:49:20 pm
      People keep saying Arsenal are trophyless for 7 years, we're not far behind with 6.

People don't remember Arsenal as 'the team that finishes top four every season' but instead 'the team that hasn't won anything in 7 years'.

Like I said, I don't want to drop out of the Champions League race just to win cups but it's out of our reach now so there's no point talking about it but I'm happy with a trophy (or two hopefully).

Dont know about you, but Id rather see my team face Barcelona at home then beat Cardiff City on penalties in a final.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #537: Apr 22, 2012 06:49:24 pm
      I'd love to see the postage increase % after a loss, compared to that of a win on here, honestly I'd f**king love too. If people aren't moaning, they have nothing to post about.

On the match itself.. yet another game were I walk away from Anfield wondering how one earth we havent won.

Cant fault the effort or determination, we played some really good stuff at times. But without intentionally trying to sound repetitive, we cannot finish.

Its been our problem all season and one which should have been adressed in January. Can't wait for the cup final and then put this season to bed.

Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #538: Apr 22, 2012 06:49:58 pm
      We are sh*t and we have no chance of qualifying for the CL next season with Kenny in charge, that is why he'll be moved 'upstairs' end of season. Just praying we can win the FA Cup so he can leave on a high 'having layed the foundations for a new manager to take us forward'

Question is who comes in?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #539: Apr 22, 2012 06:51:02 pm
      Christ, the whoppers are out in full force tonight.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #540: Apr 22, 2012 06:51:24 pm
      We are sh*t and we have no chance of qualifying for the CL next season with Kenny in charge, that is why he'll be moved 'upstairs' end of season. Just praying we can win the FA Cup so he can leave on a high 'having layed the foundations for a new manager to take us forward'

Whoa, slow down champ.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #541: Apr 22, 2012 06:51:59 pm
      Dont know about you, but Id rather see my team face Barcelona at home then beat Cardiff City on penalties in a final.

Yep, exactly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #542: Apr 22, 2012 06:52:30 pm
      I agree. Winning 2 Cups is all fine and dandy now, but it does F**k all in sustaining success and a long term future at the highest level for the club.
      Reaching the Champions League is more effective in the long run and attracts players that can keep the club acheiving a high standard.

5 European Cups.

7 F.A Cups.

8 League cups.

3 UEFA Cups.

Wining Cup's is part of our Heritage which breeds success, don't be so dismissive of Cup wins.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #543: Apr 22, 2012 06:52:51 pm
      Christ, the whoppers are out in full force tonight.

What's your opinion on the situation? What do Liverpool need to do to improve?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #544: Apr 22, 2012 06:54:44 pm

Put the ball at the back of the Net & score 1 more than the opposition. Simples.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #545: Apr 22, 2012 06:55:40 pm
      Put the ball at the back of the Net & score 1 more than the opposition. Simples.

Constructive, I like it.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #546: Apr 22, 2012 06:56:25 pm
      Heard loads of fans today who are questioning Kenny. I'm not saying they're right , I personally don't agree with them , but I do get where they're coming from. Most of them are saying we wouldn't put up with it from any other manager , and I guess they're right.
      I do worry for Kenny if we don't win the FA cup , because our owners have proved they can be brutal When it's needed.
      We need consistency as a team and management wise. I just hope NESV have the patience , but this team need to give them something to be optimistic about.
      We cannot keep blaming everything on bad luck.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #547: Apr 22, 2012 06:57:13 pm
      Watched the first 45 and then had to go play my own 5 a side. Had a feeling our wastefulness in that first half was going to cost us. Same old story this season really. Good possession, good build up, F***ing terrible finishing. Sums it up really.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #548: Apr 22, 2012 06:57:20 pm

you youngsters.............. ..............
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #549: Apr 22, 2012 06:57:27 pm
      99 times out of a hundred we would have scored a minimum of 5 goals against  WBA.

Not really. We've had a serious goal scoring problem all season. I don't believe that 99 times out of 100 we'd have scored 5.

Liverpool's failings are too chronic to be misfortune alone.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #550: Apr 22, 2012 06:57:31 pm

I mean come on. Portsmouth won the FA.Cup a few years a go and look where they are now. Cup success (bar UCL) a
      isnt as beneficial as it once was, as it it too domestic and success in it will not attract the best players from overseas who dont understand it.

And you remember Portsmouth winning the FA Cup there?

I've forgotten that Tottenham qualified for the Champions League last season and played Real Madrid.

Hahaha one wrong word there change the sentence completely!

Your sentence means we play Barcelona at Anfield then we win the Carling Cup by beating Cardiff City on penalties but I'm sure you meant 'face Barcelona than beating Cardiff' but anyways ..

Who wouldn't want to see Barcelona?

I've said that if it's in our capacity to finish top four, I'm all for it but I wouldn't say "let's drop out of 4th spot race and just go for the carling cup" and I wouldn't as well say "let's drop out of the carling and FA cup and go for top 4".

If we have a chance for every best thing out there, we go for it but seeing UCL is out of the question, there's no point talking about it and that is why at this moment, I would prefer a cup or two(hopefully).
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,327 posts | 773 
      Reply #551: Apr 22, 2012 06:57:41 pm
      Shame that we cannot play our home games at Wembley ! Seriously a very difficult question to answer.

Quick Reply