Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      137 (97.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.4%)
      Or someone else?
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Norwich 0:3 Liverpool In game and post match jubilation.

Read 43949 times
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Re: Norwich 0:3 Liverpool In game and post match jubilation.
      Reply #552: Apr 28, 2012 10:59:58 pm
      Very good game today, was a bit worried in the beginning but once the first goal was in the team played a lot better. Shows that a good part of a game is won with the mind.

Luis's hat trick was wonderful, number 3 was "Alonso-esque"!

This is the mind set i want to see for May 5th!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #553: Apr 28, 2012 11:04:10 pm
      Just noticed your post in the Downing thread mate and have to say that i agree with your assessment on Downing and his lack of confidence again today.

What is it with our wingers?, are they overawed by the prospect of trying to emulate what Barnes and McManaman did for us?.

I really don't get it because Downing has the ability to be a great signing and he's already in the top five creators of chances in the Premier League this Season. That's chances created, not assists.

Here's another stat ( even though i f**king hate stats myself!), Charlie Adam is the only Liverpool player in the top 50 chart for EPL assists this Season with a total of 6 assists.

P.S. Amazing how such a brilliant win away from home is struggling to hit 19 pages of discussion when a defeat would have had us near the 40 page mark by now.

Where are all the negative vibe merchants now?, yeah i thought so, wallowing in their hovel of depravity as they refuse to acknowledge happiness and the joy of positivity.

Fact is, when Liverpool win we sometimes feel that there is no need to voice an opinion as such, so you enjoy the highlights, chat to your mates and get on with the day.

But when you lose, you're so upset and angry that you have to talk to someone about it, and when like me, living with your girlfriend who is a west ham fan and doesn't really care what im talking about when I bang on about how upset I am for losing that day is when you pop onto a forum to voice in an opinion, thats why there are more pages when Liverpool lose.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #554: Apr 28, 2012 11:04:35 pm
      Its boring in here after a win

A loss would surely of been pushing 30 pages now.

:f_steam:
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #555: Apr 28, 2012 11:06:32 pm
      Very good game today, was a bit worried in the beginning but once the first goal was in the team played a lot better. Shows that a good part of a game is won with the mind.

Luis's hat trick was wonderful, number 3 was "Alonso-esque"!

This is the mind set i want to see for May 5th!!!
      Forget about May 5th we need to have our mind on Fulham. I want the best position possible in the league.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #556: Apr 28, 2012 11:09:05 pm
      i spend more time on here after a defeat defending kenny and the team
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #557: Apr 28, 2012 11:09:53 pm
      Fact is, when Liverpool win we sometimes feel that there is no need to voice an opinion as such, so you enjoy the highlights, chat to your mates and get on with the day.

But when you lose, you're so upset and angry that you have to talk to someone about it, and when like me, living with your girlfriend who is a west ham fan and doesn't really care what im talking about when I bang on about how upset I am for losing that day is when you pop onto a forum to voice in an opinion, thats why there are more pages when Liverpool lose.

If supporters are quick enough to voice their opinion when we lose and criticise the manager and players then they should be just as quick to voice their opinion and congratulate the manager and players when we win.

Do you understand that?. F***ing pisses me off when some posters only want to post when things are going bad, as if they enjoy doom and gloom.

It is only fair that these miserable bas**rds put the same effort into posting when we win, wouldn't you agree?.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #558: Apr 28, 2012 11:13:44 pm
      If supporters are quick enough to voice their opinion when we lose and criticise the manager and players then they should be just as quick to voice their opinion and congratulate the manager and players when we win.

Do you understand that?. F***ing pisses me off when some posters only want to post when things are going bad, as if they enjoy doom and gloom.

It is only fair that these miserable bas**rds put the same effort into posting when we win, wouldn't you agree?.

They do post when they win, check my posts, i praise all the time.

Plus you have more pages because its people arguing the whole time after a loss.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #559: Apr 28, 2012 11:22:07 pm
      They do post when they win, check my posts, i praise all the time.

Plus you have more pages because its people arguing the whole time after a loss.

I wasn't having a go at you mate so please accept my apologies if you thought that was the case. I haven't been on here much lately but what i have noticed is some new posters whose names only ever seem to stand out in my mind after a defeat.
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Norwich vs Liverpool
      Reply #560: Apr 28, 2012 11:23:43 pm
      Carra has bossed Drogba on several occasions, just thought i'd point that out.

Disagree with that - when Agger has been missing Drogba has destroyed us on a few occasions
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #561: Apr 28, 2012 11:24:07 pm
      Just noticed your post in the Downing thread mate and have to say that i agree with your assessment on Downing and his lack of confidence again today.

I know, really want him to do well here, but it doesn't look like he's gonna get there :-\ All them times he would start on the left, be anonymous and then move to the right and be a different player there. He looked nothing like it today really. That chance when he could have played Suarez in on his right foot but instead turned inside was a standout point there. I remember him putting brilliant crosses in on his right foot, one that sticks out is some England game just after we signed him, he played down the right with Johnson and crosses on his right foot for Ashley Young, I think, to score.

Anyways, too much of a downbeat point there, lot's of positives from today, Suarez obviously.

Gerrard was very good too in that free role he enjoys. That was backed up from another good performance from the 2 in CM behind him.

Shelvey, the lad has lots of confidence and it's showing. Got into some very good chances to score and it was his turn to be unlucky today!

Henderson look a different player in the middle of the park. Very tidy passer and can quietly get about his business, doesn't look as afraid to put his foot in as much any more either.  Looks somewhat more defensive of the 2, allowing Shelvey to get forward more buthe looks content playing the role he is.

The defence was sound again, another clean sheet which is a nice way to top off any win. Carra surprised me with his excellent performance I must admit and that is based on his form this season more than anything. Came in at ease and loked a good partnership with Agger, with Srktel needing a rest for the games to come.

Overall good win today really! :) And we only hit the crossbar once!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #562: Apr 28, 2012 11:28:05 pm
       A good win and a well deserved 3 points and well done Luis Suarez for a magnificent performance.It was well worth getting out of bed at 4 o clock in the morning for.I would of liked to see young Shelvey score as he could of quite easily got 2 or 3 goals and it would have really boosted his confidence.Now all we have to do is get the same results over the next 3 matches and we can do it because we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB>
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,448 posts | 8656 
      Reply #563: Apr 28, 2012 11:35:05 pm
      Just watched it again, the goals get better with every viewing.

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #564: Apr 28, 2012 11:44:24 pm
      It is so good to go on a night put in the knowledge that Liverpool won. I long for those European Cup nights. However, well done LFC and well done to Suarez. Bit of confidence going in to the cup final.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #565: Apr 28, 2012 11:46:51 pm
      Guys this debate of page number is a bit of a joke because when things go well there is less to debate than when things go badly it's really as simple as that. To weight fan feeling on a simple number of pages is truly a pathetic thing to cling to and beat people with, if you can't understand that when all agree there is no debate available and it's simply a congratulations, well done lads, move on.

When people disagree is where posts get longer and more frequent that is much less likely to happen in a victory it's that simple bar one or two obvious trolls/WUM's whatever you'd like to call them. I know I see the same names in congratulating the lads as I do criticising and as long as it's balanced surely that's all we can ask for on a forum rather than attempt to say people are less fans or less supportive when we win, that simply isn't the case and it's honestly a childish argument that has no proper basis.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #566: Apr 28, 2012 11:49:04 pm
      Luis was kicked around the pitch all match. He was abused by fans all match. He repayed them with one of the best hat tricks ive ever seen (bar Rivaldo vs Valencia).
      Oh yeah, and his 3rd was harder to get than the scum or Alonso, because the ball was moving and he never looked at the goal.
      Personally, I think the 2nd was technically better, its as good as it gets, perfect placement, exact force.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #567: Apr 29, 2012 12:01:59 am
      Briiliant first goal, the second goal is world class, the 3rd unbelievable. We gonna have every club in Europe sniffing around after that. What a time for a bit of form to creep in, just hope we don't throw it away with a bad performance or bore draw against Fulham. I'll still play a strong team with a few early subs.

This seasons league from has been shocking, it could be amazing what a few good results could do for us to end the season on a real high and really set us up for next season. And thank F**k I can enjoy reading my Sunday papers tomorrow for a change!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #568: Apr 29, 2012 12:08:26 am
      Now that is the Luis we paid 25 million pounds for. The goal-getter.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #569: Apr 29, 2012 12:14:05 am
      I have just one moan. That last 10 minutes when we threw dirk and Coates on, that would have been a perfect opportunity to give sterling or another of our youngsters 10 minutes in the premier league. I know none were on the bench and I'm not privy to club info so there may have been a reason? Anyone there know if sterling travelled with the first team again?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #570: Apr 29, 2012 12:15:11 am
      Best hat trick I've seen in years.

One with the left, one with the right, and then one that was truly spectacular.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #571: Apr 29, 2012 12:18:08 am

As if bollocking is considered a swear word?
      He would've had fair reason to give him an earful too Stevie was wide open haha. On the other hand... it is Suarez and he's a phenomenal talent, so I wouldn't mind him taking those shots more often given the talent he has. What a great hat-trick, one of the best I've seen recently.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #572: Apr 29, 2012 12:23:45 am
      As if bollocking is considered a swear word?
      He would've had fair reason to give him an earful too Stevie was wide open haha. On the other hand... it is Suarez and he's a phenomenal talent, so I wouldn't mind him taking those shots more often given the talent he has. What a great hat-trick, one of the best I've seen recently.

I remember when Stevie almost gave Xabi a bollocking too whe Xabi scored that long range effort against Luton,stevie was soon made up once it hit the net.

Missed the whole game and even MOTD but i saw all 3 Suarez goals and they were world class.

Nice 3 points and sets the mentality for the FA cup.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #573: Apr 29, 2012 12:25:59 am
      I have just one moan. That last 10 minutes when we threw dirk and Coates on, that would have been a perfect opportunity to give sterling or another of our youngsters 10 minutes in the premier league. I know none were on the bench and I'm not privy to club info so there may have been a reason? Anyone there know if sterling travelled with the first team again?

Liam Tomkins (a reliable source) said on Twitter earlier today that Sterling played in a reserves match last Monday and then all the lads were given the rest of the week off. He didn't travel with the squad for the Norwich game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #574: Apr 29, 2012 12:44:59 am
      Luis F***ing Suarez.

That's all you need to know about that game.

Pure, pure class.

Quick Reply