Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Alexander Doni
      (36.5%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (7.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1%)
      Andy Carroll
      (34.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1%)
      Someone else
      (8.3%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft

Read 40421 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft
      Reply #506: May 01, 2012 10:19:37 pm

No, but I did! Punched the cupboard when Shelvey blasted the free kick in the 93rd minute over the kop.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #507: May 01, 2012 10:19:58 pm
      you need to give the fans something though to get them excited, and that was just dire. maybe only having 5 wins in 18 games is starting to take its toll on the season ticket holders.

Agreed, nervous and cagey would be a better description, not sh*te? Did you hear the way the crowd picked up when Sterling touched the ball? Thats excitement, as Liverpool fans we are a bit better educated than the average fan and understand the beautiful game, we know we need the likes of Lucas, carra, Dagger etc and we cheer them on, however, when we see Stevie, Bellers, Luis and now it seems Raheem we feel that little turn in the stomach, anticipation and excitement that we may see something special.

Thats why we keep supporting.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #508: May 01, 2012 10:19:59 pm

No, which is something I suppose.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #509: May 01, 2012 10:20:09 pm
      Some reporter was talking about Hodgsons time with us and said it could be excused 'cos we were in crisis , he then said , and they're still in crisis.
      Now normally this would really have p*ssed me off , but I really can't disagree .
      We have big  , big problems  and if people can't see that , that then they're sticking their heads in the sand.
      Hope Kenny can pull it off on Saturday ,but it really cannot excuse a very poor league season.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #510: May 01, 2012 10:22:17 pm
      That's what bothers me the most. If anything, Aurelio and Doni showed they want to be in the final (although very slim chance of either)

Won't be surprised if Aurelio beats Enrique to the starting line-up for the FA Cup Final
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #511: May 01, 2012 10:22:34 pm
      Last match against Norwich everyone was asking where all the moaning bas**rds were. Guess we have the answer tonight :)
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #512: May 01, 2012 10:23:25 pm
      Like others have said, I can't wait for this season to end. Even though the starting line-up will be very different, I'm starting to worry about Saturday now. I'll feel better if Newcastle beat or draw with the Chavs tomorrow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #513: May 01, 2012 10:23:29 pm
      Won't be surprised if Aurelio beats Enrique to the starting line-up for the FA Cup Final

Really?

I would be stunned if Enrique didn't start on Saturday and would bet my house on it.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #514: May 01, 2012 10:26:00 pm
      Doni can replace Pepe as our first keeper
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #515: May 01, 2012 10:26:46 pm
      Last match against Norwich everyone was asking where all the moaning bas**rds were. Guess we have the answer tonight :)

I think i actually put quite a positive spin on a very average performance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #516: May 01, 2012 10:28:15 pm

I think many of them were at Anfield saint.

The most noise was made at the final whistle with the boo boys!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #517: May 01, 2012 10:28:17 pm
      Nah mate I don't need to say it every week, I just accepted this season was a work in progress around December/January and you know what I feel much better for it, it means I have laughed about some of our results other than ripped my hair out and got into heated arguments with people on here.

Go back to the time to gel thread and this is the attitude I have had all season, by December and the cup final I was thinking I may have underestimated the squad but I think just like the club itself the Arsenal match was the straw that broke the camels back.

To many crazy things this season going on with new players, replacement of dented woodwork's, suspensions and injuries.

I know we are not world-beaters yet but we are not as bad as this match or this league campaign shows.

Without know what exactly cause all of this, I have just let it go as there is too much I can't explain.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #518: May 01, 2012 10:28:37 pm
      Problem with the crowd is that there are too many fans and followers these days and not enough passionate supporters.

Problem with the team was that we made too many changes.  Fulham were hardly brilliant.  I'd like to see how our first team got on against their second string.

8th before the game, 8th after it.

Shelvey, Kuyt, Maxi, Spearing, Downing, Kelly, Aurelio all failed big time to make a case for them playing in the final.  In fact you could argue that most of those names are now surplus to requirements anyway - three of them are definitely leaving the club after the next 10 days.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #519: May 01, 2012 10:29:20 pm
      Not so much Shabs.

We had a few chances first half which were decent but also a few long range shots.

Second have was pretty dire and a sheer lack of desire and effort from the vast majority was a bigger factor.

Not really mate, we were pretty sh*te tonight. At a push we probably deserved a draw but we created little, as did Fulham but Fulham had the best chances. 

Thank's Chaps.

Shame as its not the ideal preparation going into a final.

Touching on what brian said too that the crowd were poor, what's gone wrong this season at Anfield?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #520: May 01, 2012 10:31:40 pm
      That was as bad as anything I've seen this season.

He might only be 17 but on that game you have to say Sterling could be the best winger at the club.
      In all seriousness, I could be the best winger at the club.

And I haven't played for 12 years.

He does look like the breath of fresh air we need though.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #521: May 01, 2012 10:35:06 pm
      Kenny: Attitude wasn't right

1st May 2012

Kenny Dalglish gave an honest appraisal of his side's 1-0 defeat to Fulham and admitted - our attitude was not right.

The Reds went behind early in the game after a ball delivered by John Arne Riise and knocked on by Alex Kacaniklic was ricocheted into the net by Martin Skrtel.

They were unable to find an equaliser, while at the other end Alexander Doni had to impress to keep out further goals.

Dalglish, who made nine changes to his side ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final, reflected: "Our attitude wasn't right, and if you go in with a bad attitude you're going to get a bad performance. That's what we got.

"I'm culpable as well because I changed the players to try and give everybody an opportunity to get in the frame for Saturday.

"I suppose maybe by doing that it was a contributory factor to what happened.

"There were one or two positives but there were too many negatives.

"If you go into a game with that attitude you're going to get nothing, and that's what we deserved."

The boss was asked whether he felt the defeat would affect confidence heading into the Wembley clash with Chelsea.

He said: "It'll not affect Saturday but that's not to say it's right for tonight, and it's not something you want to dismiss easily.

"It's just not right, not correct to go about your work in that way.

"If we'd have come in here and won 4-0 it wouldn't have made a difference for Saturday.

"We've lost and we've been honest in our appraisal of the game and the way we went about the game."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-attitude-wasn-t-right
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #522: May 01, 2012 10:46:19 pm
      Contrast the last two games, Norwich, Fulham.

We had a good first eleven at Norwich, and we looked brilliant. Tonight, the 9 players out, we didn't look so good.

Ok so the Fulham performance was not acceptable - but then it wasn't the same nucleus of players that turned out against Norwich.

It's as simple as that.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #523: May 01, 2012 10:47:07 pm
      I don't agree with Kenny Dalglish.

It wasn't an attitude problem. Those lads worked their socks off today. It was the lack of quality in the midfield.

The midfield build-up to attack was tedious.

What we need is quality in depth. Right now, outside of Gerrard and a "good" Adam, we have no midfield. I miss Lucas.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #524: May 01, 2012 10:47:49 pm
      Blood boiling tonight. Not one standout performance and an abysmal collective effort which stank. Shameful.
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fulham
      Reply #525: May 01, 2012 10:48:31 pm
      It's getting boring mate... you need to come here and say that nearly every week, about how negative everyone is... well there is a reason...

I'm also getting bored.. Think I misjudged you and you don't actually get the Liverpool way or the Liverpool family..

Gutted I missed a final on the back of that misjudgement.

I'm annoyed at performances this season but I'm getting fed up to the back teeth of the negative sh*te I keep having to read from the same people.

We are supporters.. Our job is to support you bunch of moaning tossers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #526: May 01, 2012 10:48:36 pm
      Contrast the last two games, Norwich, Fulham.

We had a good first eleven at Norwich, and we looked brilliant. Tonight, the 9 players out, we didn't look so good.

Ok so the Fulham performance was not acceptable - but then it wasn't the same nucleus of players that turned out against Norwich.

It's as simple as that.

Then we can forget about progress. If were saying we cant depend on our squad to come in and beat FUlham we need to clear out and build a proper squad.

End of the day we brought in some supposedly good young players and some seasoned pro's
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #527: May 01, 2012 10:53:24 pm
      I'm also getting bored.. Think I misjudged you and you don't actually get the Liverpool way or the Liverpool family..

Gutted I missed a final on the back of that misjudgement.

I'm annoyed at performances this season but I'm getting fed up to the back teeth of the negative sh*te I keep having to read from the same people.

We are supporters.. Our job is to support you bunch of moaning tossers

Well said mate.

A distinct lack of support at the ground as well tonight and I was due to go to the game. Would have been severely pissed off sitting next to a lot of our so called 'fans' tonight.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #528: May 01, 2012 11:00:13 pm
      Can't bear to read 18 pages of match thread, think I might very well slash my wrists if I do  :o

Quick Reply