Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 809589 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #3335: Mar 28, 2014 12:55:44 am
      The following article made me piss myself for a good few minutes...

They will have £20m to spend on SIX players?! So roughly £3.3m on each player which will have to include signing on fees as well as the actual transfer fee. They're clueless as f**k if they think they'll be able to do that. Looks like they're going to be the loanee kings again.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house
      FCGroningen
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #3336: Mar 29, 2014 08:12:40 pm
      Rather go fifth then Reds win the title  :lmao:
      http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/4th-v-the-title.66129/page-6

Can't believe it. It must be huge for the city of Liverpool to have 2 teams in the Champions League.
      A quarter final LFC vs Everton.
      What a fun would that be?  ;D
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #3337: Mar 29, 2014 08:27:23 pm
      Had no clue those lots have a forum.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3338: Mar 29, 2014 09:20:03 pm
      Had no clue those lots have a forum.

Yep, all posts are written in wax crayon or smeared excrement.

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3339: Mar 30, 2014 03:35:06 pm
      Apparently that's the 1st time the BS have won 5 straight games since 2002.
      Guess who their manager was?

Nah don't be stupid it was Walter Smith!!!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3340: Mar 30, 2014 03:49:49 pm
      Rather go fifth then Reds win the title  :lmao:
      http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/4th-v-the-title.66129/page-6

Can't believe it. It must be huge for the city of Liverpool to have 2 teams in the Champions League.
      A quarter final LFC vs Everton.
      What a fun would that be?  ;D

I was just thinking about Neverton's sudden success,brings back mempories of the 80's when Merseyside was ruling the football roost !
      Looks like we're about to turn full circle !
      FCGroningen
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #3341: Mar 30, 2014 06:29:23 pm
      I was just thinking about Neverton's sudden success,brings back mempories of the 80's when Merseyside was ruling the football roost !
      Looks like we're about to turn full circle !

I remember '84......... Everton winning the Cupwinners Cup and Liverpool winning the European Cup. That must have bin one big party in Liverpool.

I realy hope Everton takes 4th place. It means Everton has to take 3 points from City. Like the thoughts Everton has to work to make LFC Champions.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3342: Mar 30, 2014 07:02:33 pm
      I remember '84......... Everton winning the Cupwinners Cup and Liverpool winning the European Cup. That must have bin one big party in Liverpool.

I realy hope Everton takes 4th place. It means Everton has to take 3 points from City. Like the thoughts Everton has to work to make LFC Champions.
      WE work to win the title for US  Neverton may just be helping a little, I suppose them rolling over 4-0 for us helped though !
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3343: Mar 31, 2014 02:17:46 am
      I'm 'supporting' Everton atm, I feel it's crucial they go into their game against Citeh (2nd last of the season) with something (namely CL football) to play for
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3344: Mar 31, 2014 03:35:11 am
      To be fair to Martinez he has them playing some good football.

They were good to watch against Fulham a relief from the sh*te Moyes had them playing.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #3345: Mar 31, 2014 04:38:15 am
      I want Everton to finish 4th and see a happy Merseyside.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3346: Mar 31, 2014 09:30:53 am

Ditto.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3347: Mar 31, 2014 09:39:20 am

As long as we are The Champion, the rest are in-significant.   ;D
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #3348: Mar 31, 2014 10:11:00 am
      Everton finishing 4th is better for us. Arsenal and Manure with no CL qualification would be great in terms of reducing competition
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3349: Mar 31, 2014 07:11:03 pm
      Everton may be one of our two fiercest rivals but I'd be delighted for them if they managed to get 4th. I'm going to stick with my prediction that they won't manage it though. It would also be hilarious to think about how Arsene spent £42m on Ozil because they thought he would be the missing cog in helping them win the league and to then fall outside of 4th place :lmao:
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #3350: Mar 31, 2014 07:14:07 pm
      I'd quite like Everton to get 4th. Would be a great thing to be able to compete with them in the Champions League next year. And imagine if we came up against them in Europe! A European derby! Can't imagine there's been too many of those over the years...
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #3351: Mar 31, 2014 08:27:53 pm
      Be great for the city if they got 4th

The money that would be pumped in would help tremendously
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3352: Mar 31, 2014 08:33:41 pm
      For Everton to get 4th they have to beat City, if that happens it benefits us, so based on that yes Id love Everton to get 4th
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3353: Mar 31, 2014 10:30:59 pm
      I was only in the city for a week but there was a bit of a buzz on game day when Everton and Liverpool were both being competitive. It's good for the morale of the city and reflects well upon the area. So in that regard I do hope they get fourth.

It just so happens that if they get the results for them to be fourth, it helps us out as well. Win win.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3354: Mar 31, 2014 11:03:02 pm
      It would be good for the economy of the city with jobs been the knock on effect and a feel good factor and a shift of power away from mancland and London .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3355: Apr 02, 2014 11:31:45 am
      I was in the Nike shop the other day, and the sales man confirmed a rumour that Everton are binning Nike this year.
      Apparently they have been shafted with their kit contract. Kitbag it seems get most of the money, plus there is the problem with their badge.

On another gloomy note from the Blue side, I think it was their commercial director was let go after the postponed Sunderland game.
      It was he who called the game off, & not the police. Despite buildings falling down, and bits of Goodison being blow on to the pitch, the club were waiting for the police to call it off. He took the decision to call it off as people were travelling to the game and time was getting on. So because he called the game off and not the police, the club still had to pay £90,000 bill to the police. Everton were not happy about this at all as they were waiting for the police to call it off so they would not have to pay up.

Now my bitter friend who is a season ticket holder, as have most of his family tell me his dad is continually get calls from Goodison to renew his season ticket. Despite him telling them that his son sorts the tickets out, they keep calling him. (This was prior to 1st April, ie the new financial year.)

Plus, remember the Dixie Dean Statue? What ever they are doing to it is taking ages, and all work seems to have stopped, why?

So it seems Everton are cash poor.

Which for me is there own fault.

Look at this picture:

What is missing?

Advertising! There is nothing, absolutely nothing!

They really have no clue about modern finance.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3356: Apr 02, 2014 12:39:19 pm
      I was in the Nike shop the other day, and the sales man confirmed a rumour that Everton are binning Nike this year.
      Apparently they have been shafted with their kit contract. Kitbag it seems get most of the money, plus there is the problem with their badge.

On another gloomy note from the Blue side, I think it was their commercial director was let go after the postponed Sunderland game.
      It was he who called the game off, & not the police. Despite buildings falling down, and bits of Goodison being blow on to the pitch, the club were waiting for the police to call it off. He took the decision to call it off as people were travelling to the game and time was getting on. So because he called the game off and not the police, the club still had to pay £90,000 bill to the police. Everton were not happy about this at all as they were waiting for the police to call it off so they would not have to pay up.

Now my bitter friend who is a season ticket holder, as have most of his family tell me his dad is continually get calls from Goodison to renew his season ticket. Despite him telling them that his son sorts the tickets out, they keep calling him. (This was prior to 1st April, ie the new financial year.)

Plus, remember the Dixie Dean Statue? What ever they are doing to it is taking ages, and all work seems to have stopped, why?

Look at this picture:

What is missing?

It's not their fault RP.as a sponsor would YOU sponsor them ! :f_tongueincheek:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3357: Apr 02, 2014 01:04:29 pm

Look at this picture:

What is missing?

They get less for the shirt sponsorship than Liverpool does for allowing Dunking Donuts in the gate.

Quick Reply