Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Who would be your Ultimate Fantasy Signing?

Read 10264 times
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Re: Who would be your Ultimate Fantasy Signing?
      Reply #92: May 10, 2012 04:32:33 pm
      No QuicoGalante, I was 20 over 20 years ago. Have you been looking up a book and just named famous players on here? Zidane had everything and he showed much more skills during a game than any of the players you have got names for. Maybe you should google him and see the technical ability that man has, only Maradona surpasses him with skill on the ball. He is a magician.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #93: May 11, 2012 03:24:34 am
      No QuicoGalante, I was 20 over 20 years ago. Have you been looking up a book and just named famous players on here? Zidane had everything and he showed much more skills during a game than any of the players you have got names for. Maybe you should google him and see the technical ability that man has, only Maradona surpasses him with skill on the ball. He is a magician.
      Maradonna had skill, no doubt. But I would of preferred Zidane.  I read that Maradonna was a sh*t teammate and acted like a real asshole to everyone. Its not always skill. Its about the player and the teammate. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #94: May 11, 2012 03:51:58 am
      Id like a bit more fight in that midfield. Id throw in a Toure type of player, and have a very hard time deciding who to exclude

Would suck being manager of that team.

Imagine inviting one of those players in your office and saying 'You're not starting this week'.

In terms of who i think would make a sh*t load of difference to our side and not just the biggest name in football, i would say Alexis Sanchez would be an ultimate fantasy signing.

Still think we could of bought him the season before Barca did for half the money.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #95: May 11, 2012 07:27:41 am
      Vincent Kompany!
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #96: May 14, 2012 08:17:43 pm
      Stevie G 5 years ago, best mid in the world
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #97: May 14, 2012 08:49:56 pm
      Erm Messi. It's too easy an answer though so I would go for a central midfielder. Most probably Iniesta.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: May 14, 2012 10:33:11 pm
      No QuicoGalante, I was 20 over 20 years ago. Have you been looking up a book and just named famous players on here?

You talk about Garrincha...do you want us to believe that you've seen him play on a regular basis? I got all the World Cup games in video and a bit more... probably more than you got to watch of him in Scotland, irrespective of your age.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #99: May 14, 2012 10:44:20 pm
      Ronaldo. Probably will win the WPOTY this year.

For some reason I've come to realize this year that Ronaldo stands out in a Madrid team, and scores so many goals while not being the focal point in the team, the ball does not have to go through him every attack in order for the team to succeed, there is no pressure to pass to him every other time. Whereas if you look at Barca it's the opposite with Messi.

True... The pantomime of football forces fans to overly respect the kind of players who "appear" more grounded and down to earth.... Especially in England.. We're normally encouraged to appreciate the humble player over the brash over-confident player.. That's why when we talk about Messi and Ronaldo, Messi will get the majority of fans claiming he's the better of the two. Because his TV personae is faultless, were more inclined to rate him higher than Ronaldo..

I'm different, I dont pay much attention to how players look on camera because to me, common sense suggests they're just as good/bad as us.. I accept that off camera, our team will have our fair share of "good guys" and a few "complete cu*ts too"..Soo.......
      Putting all that sh*te aside, the points you make are correct.. Ronaldo is a monster, in a team that isn't as dependent on him opposed to Messi and Barca..

In other words, in the debate about who's the better of the two he gets a bit of a raw deal because he has a bit of swagger about him.. ;D

He was still a cock at Man U tho...
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #100: May 14, 2012 11:09:09 pm
      Well, FIrstly, i didnt have to look them up, i have tons of footage of each one of them. Living next to Brazil and Argentina has made it easy to find a LOT of material regarding their great players, and Uruguay hasnt done too bad either on that department.

Zidane is NOT on a historic top 20 in my modest opinion, and i dont have to ggogle Zidane, i watched his whole career.
      I also watched tons footage of players i consider better, so lets agree that we disagree, because this is a very subjective issue.

PS, Zidanes son is called Enzo, in homenage to the greatest player Zinedine ever saw...care to google who it was?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #101: May 14, 2012 11:13:57 pm
      Maradonna had skill, no doubt. But I would of preferred Zidane.  I read that Maradonna was a sh*t teammate and acted like a real asshole to everyone. Its not always skill. Its about the player and the teammate. 
      You would be mistaken, Maradona was beloved by his friends, and a good mate. He was the spokesman for the team and stood up for them.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #102: May 14, 2012 11:20:19 pm
      Nine 25 year old Steven Gerrards.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #103: May 15, 2012 09:07:38 am
      Imagine having Robbie Fowler all over again.

Add a young Robbie to that team Benitez made an we would of won everything!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #104: May 15, 2012 10:16:31 am
      Yup Robbie again.

In the last three years there was one player who I wished had come here
      He was the right man ... at just the wrong time in our "transition" .
      The proof was on Sunday.

Sergio Aguero.

(Him and Luis ?!)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #105: May 15, 2012 10:45:10 am
      Sean Dundee !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #106: May 17, 2012 12:25:26 pm
      Owen has left Utd.

:lmao:

Quick Reply