Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (1.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (67.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (11.3%)

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 39487 times
      Bier
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #598: May 08, 2012 10:38:15 pm
      I think Dirk deserved some more minutes though. Would be sad if he goes out like this for us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #599: May 08, 2012 10:40:42 pm
      I think Dirk deserved some more minutes though. Would be sad if he goes out like this for us.

Especially considering the game was all but won after the forth went in.

Although many criticise Kenny for showing too much sentimentality so I'm not going to complain.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #600: May 08, 2012 10:41:12 pm
      Only one point in it and on equal GD after tonight!
      They"ll be releasing Dvd"S on how they stayed on top of us ffs. :f_wah:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #601: May 08, 2012 10:42:20 pm
      Gave my man of the match to Reina tonight.

He's been through a tough time personally, and that reaction to his reflex save, where he kicked the post, spoke volumes. Not only that but he commanded his area once again, and was pretty much solid all night. Initially I did blame him for the goal, but after looking at it again - he was just wrong footed.

And yes, Suarez meant to kick that ball against the Cheslea player (Essien?) to try and score. His thinking is on a different level some times.

Graeme Souness was right when he said 'If only...'
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #602: May 08, 2012 10:44:56 pm
      Fantastic display from everyone in a red shirt tonight, don't really think anyone made any major mistakes, and played with passion, heart and possibly their liverpool futures for some of them. Shelvey looks incredibly confident and composed, he looks up every time he gets the ball and tries to get the team forward, something that has been missing from our midfield far too much this season IMO. Carroll winning everything in the air, and starting to form an understanding with Suarez, perhaps not in terms of their link up play together, but positioning wise, they know better now where to run to stretch defences and then exploit that space. A nice touch at the end for Maxi, who it looks likely will be leaving us at the end of this season, and it's hard to blame him, he's coming to the end of his career and undoubtedly wants more game time, which is understandable.

The defence was solid, a return to the form shown earlier in the season, although they didn't have too much to deal with, as Chelsea didn't press high up the pitch for the majority of the game, regardless, they did their job, and did it well. The fans were fantastic as well tonight, loved the chants about Terry's ma :D Although i don't entirely agree with the booing of Torres and it shows a lack of class for me, it seemed to pressure him into making mistakes, so I wont complain too much.

Overall an excellent game and signs of cohesion throughout the squad, it has not been to such a consistently high level throughout the season, and that will need to change next year if we're to have a change in fortunes in the league. Some excellent and encouraging signs that the squad may not be too many players short of pushing up the table next year, and a big thumbs up to Dalglish who has hopefully quietened a few of his detractors tonight.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #603: May 08, 2012 10:45:24 pm
      I thought the whole team from first whistle to last gave everything tonight, something we have rarely seen this season. I don't buy all the Chelsea second team crap, we out fought them outplayed them and outscored them tonight. Even the so called "pussies" like Maxi, Henderson and Downing put the effort and hard work in tonight.

Delighted for Kenny, the players and the fans who I thought were exceptional tonight. I was worried it would be more like a morgue but the fans came up trumps and made enough noise to make me happy anyway.

M.O.T.M. Andy Carroll, thought he looked like the player we bought tonight.
      BroganHill16
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #604: May 08, 2012 10:47:02 pm
      Very enjoyable Game. Great won for us. Lot of Ugly babies at the end but Carroll was ace. Roll on next season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #605: May 08, 2012 10:50:03 pm
      Well Done Lads.

Got some BIG respect back.

Carroll and Shelvey brilliant.

Torres in da pocket.

No CL for Nando.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #606: May 08, 2012 10:50:29 pm
      We were brilliant tonight eh! Made Chelski and Terry look like beatches! Some pay back for saturday!

Thought Andy was immense again! Come on lads credit were its due now... he deserves the chants he was getting! Loved it!

Suarez shot from out wide when the free kick was called was nothin short of amazing! Turnbull had no chance... shame!

Well in lads... wish we could kick on into next season tomorrow! +  1 or 2 signings! Ha
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #607: May 08, 2012 10:51:06 pm
      The biggest factor about our win tonight, was tempo.

Right from the start, with the only lull about 5 minutes after the second half, we were right in their faces.

I honestly think the chavs, even though they expected a tough game, had no idea we'd be at them like we were.

Can we start the season now please?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #608: May 08, 2012 10:51:08 pm
       Sorry Kenny and the lads in RED but you let me down,I predicted we would win 4 nil and you had to let those Chelsea basta*ds score and ruin a perfectly good prediction.
                                                             Joking aside well done REDS you do not know how good it made me feel to see you take Chelsea apart.It was pleasing to see Shelvey and Henderson get goals and what was more pleasing was the way scored,they did not try to walk the ball into the net they hit it with pace and accuracy.Once again Carroll was outstanding as was Suarez but I was just as pleased with every Liverpool player for the fight and determination they put into the match.       
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #609: May 08, 2012 10:55:02 pm
      Sorry Kenny and the lads in RED but you let me down,I predicted we would win 4 nil and you had to let those Chelsea basta*ds score and ruin a perfectly good prediction.
                                                             Joking aside well done REDS you do not know how good it made me feel to see you take Chelsea apart.It was pleasing to see Shelvey and Henderson get goals and what was more pleasing was the way scored,they did not try to walk the ball into the net they hit it with pace and accuracy.Once again Carroll was outstanding as was Suarez but I was just as pleased with every Liverpool player for the fight and determination they put into the match.       

Agree. Totally.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #610: May 08, 2012 10:56:49 pm

Hope that works.
      Cheer up Nando.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #611: May 08, 2012 10:57:57 pm

What a pic!

Great find and posting so soon after the game.

Poor nando...what a F**k up to leave us.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #612: May 08, 2012 11:08:10 pm
      Well done lads, brilliant performance. So happy tonight.

Have to agree with s@int, thought the players looked like they were playing for Kenny tonight.

Really want to see the rumours quashed by FSG over the possible departure of Kenny, sooner rather than later.

Well done to the supporters as well, they were magnificent.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #613: May 08, 2012 11:10:34 pm
      What a pic!

Poor nando...what a f**k up to leave us.
      Being a photographic mind reader I think Torres is thinking why did i do such a F**k*ng stupid thing and leave the best club in the world to play for this shower of Chelsea sh*te.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #614: May 08, 2012 11:10:52 pm
      What a pic!

Poor nando...what a F**k up to leave us.

Here's another...

Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #615: May 08, 2012 11:14:30 pm
      I voted for Luis for MOTM even though Carroll was superb. I just think he is incredible. An absolute whirlwind of movement, trickery and genius and when he is on this form it makes the game that little bit easier for every other player on the pitch.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #616: May 08, 2012 11:14:31 pm
      Great win and performance by all involved.

Support was good too and did well to respond to the "Where's your famous atmosphere"? because after that we completely silenced them on and off the pitch.

Fair play to Maxi he's last run out at Anfield not sure about Dirk although if that is the case I will be gutted for him he too deserved a start then.

Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #617: May 08, 2012 11:16:58 pm
      "Bayern Munich they'll win it five times"

Cracked me up!

Kwality! I didn't realise that's what they were  singing, that is a classsssic :-)
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #618: May 08, 2012 11:17:57 pm
      great result tonight, loads of aggression and in yer face, this should be the bench mark for next season, from minute 1
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #619: May 08, 2012 11:22:28 pm
      anyone know where i can watch the highlights?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #620: May 08, 2012 11:25:01 pm
      Was delightful to watch one of our games and feel totally relaxed and enjoy watching us stroke it around have so many good performances.

We've played better than that at times and not won. We need to find a way of making that a consistent level of performance and result next season because I maintain this group of players could have got Top Four this year.

We need to add to our squad well and make some shrewd signings to replace Maxi and probably Dirk and also add a striker, midfielder and a winger so that in our games when we aren't as free-flowing as that we don't collapse to a loss.

Was a pleasure to watch them tonight but mostly a pleasure to watch us get result to match our performance for a change.

Quick Reply