Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (1.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (67.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (11.3%)

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 39197 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #644: May 09, 2012 08:55:05 am
      Managed to go to the game. great display from the Reds, especially in the first half, a bit more like the old Liverpool way of playing. Honestly thought that Glen should have taken the penalty, and just a pity that the Reds did not start off at Wembley in that fashion. By far the best performance in the five trips to Anfield that I have seen this season.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #645: May 09, 2012 08:56:35 am
      Media stirring s**t to ruin the joy.

Very impressed with how our lads played. Crossings were great, passings were near perfect and positioning were absolutely brilliant. Carroll has turned into his beast mode, terrorizing defenders and winning every f**king headers. His bicycle kick put Torres to shame.
      Suarez was Suarez, freaking awesome making Essien the third goalpost.

Our midfield was totally bossing them around and not to mention our defenders. Carra was absolutely brilliant. Pepe's reaction towards his point blank save really showed his determination.

Carry the spirit on and YNWA Liverpool!
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #646: May 09, 2012 09:06:51 am
      Great win , great performance . Andy once again was fantastic , Suarez is some class player , even poor old Downing had one of his better games. Felt sorry for him when he hit the post with his penalty , his confidence is shot and that would have given him a real lift.
      Great to see all the kids on the field at the end .
       Was amazed how many young babies there were , we might not have been prolific in the goal scoring department  , but some of them have been Prolific in other departments.    :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #647: May 09, 2012 09:10:25 am
      Doing all their scoring off the pitch.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #648: May 09, 2012 09:34:18 am
      BBC seem to be stirring things or they  know something we dont. they  keep mentioning suarez could be facing punishment for the "suspected elbowing of ivanovic".
      really pissed off with that shiite from the BBC.
      1} it wasnt an elbow
      2)ref didnt deem any action necessary
      3)no mention of that poor victim ivanovic elbowing andy to give away the penalty and a certain red card not  being issued.
      4)no mention of the disgusting cowardly 2 footed jump on andy from behind by essien that  should have also  been a straight red
      5) if suarez is punished it will prove beyond a shadow of doubt there is an agenda against him/LFC.

scummy  BBC scum tw*ts.
      will be interesting to see what the papers have printed too.
      media scum.

I agree, but why oh why does he always do something stupid and leave himself open to attack?
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #649: May 09, 2012 10:15:34 am
      I agree, but why oh why does he always do something stupid and leave himself open to attack?

but why single out suarez. ALL footballers do stupid things, seems it only matters if its luis that  does them!!!!!
      plus the ref decided there was no  foul committed on that  big girls blouse so, luis doesnt " always do  something stupid leaving himself open to  attack"
      its just the media scum, other teams fans  and some LFC fans that  think and say that!!!!!!!!!!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #650: May 09, 2012 10:16:40 am

He put his arm around his neck and pulled him down, it's not like he called him negrito.  :o

Leave him be, everyone else will get at him at will. Everyone may get at him but it's only because they want him.

Never thought I'd say this but it's nice to see the thread so quiet, none of the usual suspects in here calling for Kenny or one or other of the players to be dragged from Anfield and strung up.

Love it.  ;D

Absolutely loved it last night, every second was a delight. The players to a man were brilliant, gave MOTM to Andy again as he's slowly becoming the player we bought him to be. Hopefully it's not to put himself in the shop window as he can become a legend playing like that. Loved every single man who got at torres and made him look less than mediocre. Loved the voices of the fans, made me laugh a lot. Loved seeing Kenny before, during and after the match so FSG better beware and look after the legend of a man.

It really, really makes me laugh at the chavs when they sing "he scores when he wants, fernando torres", if it was The Kop and Jay Spearing scored and they sung "he scores when he wants, Jay Spearing" I'd get the sarcastic irony but they actually mean it, sad.

Happy Redman today.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

YNWA
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #651: May 09, 2012 10:17:19 am
      the F***ing media are all calling it an Essien Own Goal over and over like he booted it into his own net and completely disrespecting Suarez by totally ignoring his magic.. is this too extreme a view? to ignore something so fantastic so boldly is teasing us. if that was a utd player - "I cannot Believe We Gave The Award Away Before We Saw This, Oh My Lord, I Need To Sit Down".... anyway only negative spot post-game for mine.... bring on the swans and another victory...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #652: May 09, 2012 10:18:59 am
      BBC seem to be stirring things or they  know something we dont. they  keep mentioning suarez could be facing punishment for the "suspected elbowing of ivanovic".
      really pissed off with that shiite from the BBC.
      1} it wasnt an elbow
      2)ref didnt deem any action necessary
      3)no mention of that poor victim ivanovic elbowing andy to give away the penalty and a certain red card not  being issued.
      4)no mention of the disgusting cowardly 2 footed jump on andy from behind by essien that  should have also  been a straight red
      5) if suarez is punished it will prove beyond a shadow of doubt there is an agenda against him/LFC.

scummy  BBC scum tw*ts.
      will be interesting to see what the papers have printed too.
      media scum.

It was described on Radio 5 Live as a 'forearm smash' Good to see the licence fee money not going to waste
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #653: May 09, 2012 10:28:35 am
      It was described on Radio 5 Live as a 'forearm smash'

He didn't hit the c**t hard enough as far as I'm concerned.

You can only beat what's in front of you and aren't we often told in this era, of football being a 'squad game', that Chelsea's squad is so much better than ours? How many players they rested is totally irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

In short: I'm really glad we tanked these cu*ts and hope it puts a big dent in their Champions League qualification hopes; with Bayern delivering the final nail to the coffin.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #654: May 09, 2012 10:29:01 am
      Been quite i'll since saturday, not just becasue of the match, food poisoning, gloabol warming,man-flu or somthing, not nice ;).
      Dident even think i'd be watching this match but the missus insisted, and I quote "Might cheer you up you missarable ........... " fill in the blanks I dont remember, but iam happy to say she was bloody right, cheered me up no end, still buzzing today, not caus of all the pills either. just so made up with big andy proving what he can do, and hopefully a taster of what the rest of the boys can do. Really hard to pick my motm, I thought we played brilliantly from Pepe to Henderson, and yes I really did say Henderson, what a game that boy had, more of the same please lads......and maybe next year we'll need a truck to help on the lap of honour.......what will all the silver ;)
      Good game, great result and an amazing performance all round.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #655: May 09, 2012 10:30:50 am
      Been quite i'll since saturday, not just becasue of the match, food poisoning, gloabol warming,man-flu or somthing, not nice ;) .
      Dident even think i'd be watching this match but the missus insisted, and I quote "Might cheer you up you missarable ........... " fill in the blanks I dont remember, but iam happy to say she was bloody right, cheered me up no end, still buzzing today, not caus of all the pills either. just so made up with big andy proving what he can do, and hopefully a taster of what the rest of the boys can do. Really hard to pick my motm, I thought we played brilliantly from Pepe to Henderson, and yes I really did say Henderson, what a game that boy had, more of the same please lads......and maybe next year we'll need a truck to help on the lap of honour.......what will all the silver ;)
      Good game, great result and an amazing performance all round.

I have a diagnosis for you, Dyslexia.   :f_tongueincheek:
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #656: May 09, 2012 10:34:16 am
      I have a diagnosis for you, Dyslexia.

Give me a break :P Iam seeing 3 bloody laptops here )
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #657: May 09, 2012 10:45:13 am
      Give me a break :P Iam seeing 3 bloody laptops here
      You've the potential for the proverbial w*nk-fest right there then. S'all good.  ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #658: May 09, 2012 11:10:56 am
      Give me a break :P Iam seeing 3 bloody laptops here )

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #659: May 09, 2012 11:17:54 am

You can only beat what's in front of you and aren't we often told in this era, of football being a 'squad game', that Chelsea's squad is so much better than ours? How many players they rested is totally irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

In short: I'm really glad we tanked these cu*ts and hope it puts a big dent in their Champions League qualification hopes; with Bayern delivering the final nail to the coffin.

Have to agree with this part of your post mate. There were still eight internationals out there and they were still playing for third place.

Carroll made Terry look like a little schoolboy and both Terry and Ivanovic were petrified of him. Several times i saw them passing Carroll onto each other as they couldn't cope with him.

Last night was one of those games where we were slightly more clinical than we have been, if this had been the case throughout the Season then we'd be talking Champions League.

I'm not making excuses for Kenny here but if the players had shown that desire all Season then we'd be up there with the rest.

A great way to sign off at home for the fans but they have to maintain this form on a more regular basis.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #660: May 09, 2012 11:29:43 am
      I know Kenny said that we have played just as well many times this season and not had the same reward..... and I agree we have played as well if not better, BUT the big difference last night was we played with heart and fight as well and for 90 minutes. For me there have been very few occasions this season where we have shown that kind of attitude and determination.  Citeh in the League cup semi's is the only one that springs readily to mind.

For me that has been the main reason that we have had such a poor season in the league (that and bad luck). While we have played better than a lot of teams this season we haven't always shown the fight to win games that teams like the mancs always do. While we have been the better side in a lot of games, we have also been out fought rather than outplayed in a lot of games too. 

I appreciate that when you have the kind of bad luck that we have had this season it becomes hard to continue fighting to change things, but to a large extent I BELIEVE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK.  A little more fight, a couple of draws turned into wins and the confidence flows, chances don't get snatched at and you are on a roll.

Made up with the result, delighted with our performance, but the way we fought and gave everything last night made my day.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #661: May 09, 2012 11:43:53 am
      Anyone else notice how high we pressed up the pitch?

Carroll & Suarez never stopped, along with the midfield. Seemed as though we were a good 10 yards higher up the pitch than in previous games.

Just makes you wonder why we havent adopted the same intensity for the majority of the season..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #662: May 09, 2012 11:50:14 am

I'm not making excuses for Kenny here but if the players had shown that desire all Season then we'd be up there with the rest.

A great way to sign off at home for the fans but they have to maintain this form on a more regular basis.
      There we have it in a nutshell, every man out there is capable of that performance week in week out yet when they can't be arsed the manger cops for all the F***ing shrapnel - where's the sense in any of that??
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #663: May 09, 2012 11:52:17 am

but why single out suarez. ALL footballers do stupid things, seems it only matters if its luis that  does them!!!!!
      plus the ref decided there was no  foul committed on that  big girls blouse so, luis doesnt " always do  something stupid leaving himself open to  attack"
      its just the media scum, other teams fans  and some LFC fans that  think and say that!!!!!!!!!!

The sensible thing to do when the media spotlight is on you - is to behave yourself and not invite trouble.

At least until they move on to some other poor sap.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #664: May 09, 2012 12:08:23 pm
      After the lack of heart that was shown in the first hour at Wembley to the roaring fire in the players we saw last night, I feel excited but also thinking of what could have been.

Made up we smashed Chelsea last night. The players were really up for it. Hopefully they take a big lesson from what can be gained when you try that little bit harder.

The atmosphere was really good last night too. Felt good not singing on your own for once. Mind you, that never happens when you're at the game with MsG!  ;)

Just what we needed after that cup defeat.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #665: May 09, 2012 02:28:51 pm

Subtle as ever Bad Boy.
      My sentiments.

As always . Love your work.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #666: May 09, 2012 02:33:33 pm
      Cant believe they set up the team like they did.

Quick Reply