Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Sir Kenny Dalglish: Appreciation Thread

Read 237892 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7149 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish Appreciation Thread
      Reply #2645: Jun 09, 2015 06:01:24 pm
      There is the player and there is the manager.No matter in what high regard you may hold Kenny as a legendary player,that has nothing to do with him as a manager.That being said,he has won the league in the past and got us a league cup,but from watching that 11/12 season,I can honestly say he´s one of the worst managers I´ve ever seen,at least regarding our league form.I still can´t shake off that memory of us playing Anfield against Stoke f**king City with 3 CB´s.Mind you,Carragher was in front of the 2 main CB´s,but still... revolting.You could see the hesitation and doubt in his face in the games,and as much as it would have been beautiful had he succeded, his departure was for the best.

this has got to be a post for someone seeking attention surely. Did you see us against Stoke F***ing City recently.
      So how has our trophy hunt been since Kenny left and £200mil has been spent. how many managers have won the league with two different clubs? or did you forget his Blackburn stint as well.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,131 posts | 456 
      Reply #2646: Jun 09, 2015 06:26:37 pm
      Flying squirrel is on some strong drugs.   Kenny is King full stop.   The greatest Liverpool Legend alive.   As a manager, player, goal scorer, goal creator,  play manager,  ambassador, and most importantly as a person.  He is just class.  Never been a liability and has always put his kneck out to help the club whatever the consequences.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2647: Jun 09, 2015 06:32:56 pm
      There is the player and there is the manager.No matter in what high regard you may hold Kenny as a legendary player,that has nothing to do with him as a manager.That being said,he has won the league in the past and got us a league cup,but from watching that 11/12 season,I can honestly say he´s one of the worst managers I´ve ever seen,at least regarding our league form.I still can´t shake off that memory of us playing Anfield against Stoke f**king City with 3 CB´s.Mind you,Carragher was in front of the 2 main CB´s,but still... revolting.You could see the hesitation and doubt in his face in the games,and as much as it would have been beautiful had he succeded, his departure was for the best.

Get back on your Everton forum dick head.

Beaut.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2648: Jun 09, 2015 07:47:50 pm

Well they certainly ruined a perfect arsehole when they put teeth in your gob fella, I can't remember anyone else on this forum who has stated as much sh*te as you have,

The very fact you disrespect the man tells me and everyone else who read it that you are most definitely not a LFC fan, so do us all a favour and F**k off and don't ever post on this forum again,

f***in BAWBAG !!

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2649: Jun 10, 2015 07:21:48 am
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2650: Jun 10, 2015 09:32:46 am
      Flying squirrel is on some strong drugs.   Kenny is King full stop.   The greatest Liverpool Legend alive.   As a manager, player, goal scorer, goal creator,  play manager,  ambassador, and most importantly as a person.  He is just class.  Never been a liability and has always put his kneck out to help the club whatever the consequences.

He's a WUM mate. Or if he isn't, he's doing a F***ing good impression of one. Better off ignoring him... It's less stressful ;)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2651: Jun 10, 2015 03:32:49 pm
      quickly ripped off wiki, but all good.

Honours

Player

Celtic

Scottish First Division (4): 1971–72, 1972–73, 1973–74, 1976–77
       Scottish Cup (4): 1971–72, 1973–74, 1974–75, 1976–77
       Scottish League Cup (1): 1974–75

Liverpool

Football League First Division (6): 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86
       FA Cup (1): 1985–86
       League Cup (4): 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84
       Charity Shield (7): 1977 (shared), 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986 (shared), 1988, 1989
       European Cup (3): 1977–78, 1980–81, 1983–84
       UEFA Super Cup (1): 1977

Manager

Liverpool

Football League First Division (3): 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
       FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
       League Cup (1): 2011–12
       Super Cup (1): 1985–86
       FA Charity Shield (4): 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990

Blackburn Rovers

Premier League (1): 1994–95
       Football League Second Division Play Off Winners (1): 1991–92

Celtic

Scottish League Cup (1): 1999–2000

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,131 posts | 456 
      Reply #2652: Jun 11, 2015 03:21:51 am
      Long live the King!  ^
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2653: Jun 11, 2015 10:52:19 am

Manager

Liverpool

Football League First Division (3): 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
       FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
       League Cup (1): 2011–12
       Super Cup (1): 1985–86
       FA Charity Shield (4): 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990

Blackburn Rovers

Premier League (1): 1994–95
       Football League Second Division Play Off Winners (1): 1991–92

With the league cup in 2012, hes achieved every domestic honour as a manager in England, including a Premier League and an old First division. Cannot be many that have that on the CV.... if any ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2654: Jun 11, 2015 10:57:27 am

With the league cup in 2012, hes achieved every domestic honour as a manager in England, including a Premier League and an old First division. Cannot be many that have that on the CV.... if any ?

Kenny was /is a good boss alright, his achievements put so many other managers in the shade,
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2655: Jun 11, 2015 11:05:30 am
      Seen yesterday the King was on the training field with Jordan Ibe as well. #LEGEND
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #2656: Jun 11, 2015 12:29:32 pm
      Seen yesterday the King was on the training field with Jordan Ibe as well. #LEGEND

Class act.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #2657: Jun 11, 2015 12:39:02 pm

Kenny being Kenny filling in the void left by the removal of CP & MM, guess the king will have to multi task till replacements are found.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2658: Jun 11, 2015 12:39:35 pm
      Forgot to mention how awesome he was for soctland as well.

International career

Tommy Docherty gave Dalglish his debut for the Scottish national side as a substitute in the 1–0 Euro 1972 qualifier victory over Belgium on 10 November 1971 at Pittodrie. Dalglish scored his first goal for Scotland a year later on 15 November 1972 in the 2–0 World Cup qualifier win over Denmark at Hampden Park. Scotland eventually qualified and he went to the 1974 World Cup in West Germany, where they were eliminated during the group stages despite not losing any of their three games. In 1976, Dalglish scored the winning goal for Scotland at Hampden Park against England, by nutmegging Ray Clemence. A year later Dalglish scored against the same opponents and goalkeeper at Wembley, in another 2–1 win.

Dalglish went on to play in both the 1978 World Cup in Argentina – scoring against eventual runners-up the Netherlands in a famous 3–2 win – and the 1982 World Cup in Spain, scoring against New Zealand. On both occasions Scotland failed to get past the group stage. Dalglish was also selected for the 22-man squad travelling to Mexico for the 1986 World Cup, but had to withdraw due to injury.

In total, Dalglish played 102 times for Scotland (a national record) and he scored 30 goals, (also a national record, which matched that set by Denis Law.)

Dalglish's final appearance for Scotland, after 15 years as a full international, was on 12 November 1986 at Hampden Park in a Euro 1988 qualifying game against Luxembourg, which Scotland won 3–0.

His 30th and final international goal had been two years earlier, on 14 November 1984, in a 3–1 win over Spain in a World Cup qualifier, also at Hampden Park.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #2659: Jun 16, 2015 04:09:46 am
      Mates,I come to apologize.For my post on this thread.First off,the "Appreciation" in the thread title went over my head.I just read "Kenny Dalglish" and clicked to leave my opinion.It´s very offensive to post this here,and for that I apologize to you.Second,though I stand by my statement that the stature of a player should not influence the opinion of them as manager,it´s unnecesary on here,and what I said afterwards is shameful stuff for this thread.My ignorance on Kenny´s background as player-manager/manager has been painfully peeled back.I now know so much more than just the 11/12 season and the Blackburn title.I already held him in legendary player status but he is a true manager legend,and player-manager,doesn´t get nicer than that.Young and stupid,call me.Even though I still think he could have done better in that 11/12,I would have 100% stood behind him knowing his record,on top of that the cup win,no doubt.He earned that.It is unbelievably embarrasing to write something like "his departure was for the best" on here.

Please believe me,I worship the concept of objectivity,and hate bold ignorance.I was boldly subjective and ignorant,and again,it is ever so much worse due to this being an appreciation thread.I apologize to everyone who read my post,wish I could delete it.But I posted it,please forgive me.It hurt me very much to see fellow Liverpool fans call me out,but you were all right to do so.Feel especially stupid for I myself have done it.The worst was my loyalty,my colors being questioned.I assure you I am deeply red,I hope you can read my future or past posts objectively and I´ll continue to try to post responsibly to gain your respect again.From a Liverpool fan,I am deeply sorry,please accept my apologies.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #2660: Jun 16, 2015 05:02:54 am
      His resumé.Impressive.Legend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Dalglish
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2661: Jun 16, 2015 06:30:06 am
      Mates,I come to apologize.For my post on this thread.First off,the "Appreciation" in the thread title went over my head.I just read "Kenny Dalglish" and clicked to leave my opinion.It´s very offensive to post this here,and for that I apologize to you.Second,though I stand by my statement that the stature of a player should not influence the opinion of them as manager,it´s unnecesary on here,and what I said afterwards is shameful stuff for this thread.My ignorance on Kenny´s background as player-manager/manager has been painfully peeled back.I now know so much more than just the 11/12 season and the Blackburn title.I already held him in legendary player status but he is a true manager legend,and player-manager,doesn´t get nicer than that.Young and stupid,call me.Even though I still think he could have done better in that 11/12,I would have 100% stood behind him knowing his record,on top of that the cup win,no doubt.He earned that.It is unbelievably embarrasing to write something like "his departure was for the best" on here.

Please believe me,I worship the concept of objectivity,and hate bold ignorance.I was boldly subjective and ignorant,and again,it is ever so much worse due to this being an appreciation thread.I apologize to everyone who read my post,wish I could delete it.But I posted it,please forgive me.It hurt me very much to see fellow Liverpool fans call me out,but you were all right to do so.Feel especially stupid for I myself have done it.The worst was my loyalty,my colors being questioned.I assure you I am deeply red,I hope you can read my future or past posts objectively and I´ll continue to try to post responsibly to gain your respect again.From a Liverpool fan,I am deeply sorry,please accept my apologies.

Fair enough lad, takes a big man to apologise! You could be the first person on here to have done such a thing  ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2662: Jun 16, 2015 08:30:02 am
      Fair enough lad, takes a big man to apologise! You could be the first person on here to have done such a thing  ;)

What he said. Spot on.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2663: Jun 16, 2015 08:35:24 am

Thought the King looked like he might have shed a bit of timber over the summer.

Looked well.......made me think "where is my fu#king time machine......?"

If we had him now on the park he'd get 15+ goals outta Balo and 25+ outta Danny boy.

Those were the days.....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2664: Jun 16, 2015 08:46:35 am
      Thought the King looked like he might have shed a bit of timber over the summer.

If we had him now on the park he'd get 15+ goals outta Balo and 25+ outta Danny boy.

Those were the days.....

Memories are made of this Al, they were indeed the days.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2665: Jun 16, 2015 09:10:52 am

Those were the days.....

Aye was good times with the King up top.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7149 
      Reply #2666: Jun 16, 2015 06:32:34 pm
      Kenny Was an arse actually the biggest arse in the league and it meant he could turn any defender in the league or in Europe.
      Kenny must have had the finest footballing brain ever to wear a Red shirt just listen to ian Rush he knows Kenny made him the player he was.
      Sorry for calling you Fat arse Kenny
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2667: Jun 16, 2015 06:43:18 pm
      Kenny Was an arse actually the biggest arse in the league and it meant he could turn any defender in the league or in Europe.
      Kenny must have had the finest footballing brain ever to wear a Red shirt just listen to ian Rush he knows Kenny made him the player he was.
      Sorry for calling you Fat arse Kenny

And could be play Walt.......

He made relatively poor players look competent, competent players look good and good players great.

That's not even touching on the goals he scored!

Quick Reply