Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next Liverpool manager?

Rafael Benitez
      (53.5%)
      Andre Villas-Boas
      (19.4%)
      Jürgen Klopp
      (11.1%)
      Roberto Martinez
      (4.5%)
      Joachim Low
      (1.8%)
      Didier Deschamps
      (1.8%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (2.4%)
      Brendan Rodgers
      (2.9%)
      Fabio Capello
      (2.7%)

The next Liverpool FC manager?

Read 334780 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: The next Liverpool FC manager?
      Reply #5405: May 30, 2012 02:54:13 pm
      Another twist in a very, very long tale.

I wish I could use photoshop.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5406: May 30, 2012 02:55:45 pm
      I agree.

The press ignore Rafa because they've had an agenda against him ever since he stood up to the drunk.

Our man tames the dogs with ease.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5407: May 30, 2012 02:55:54 pm

Former England international and Spurs winger Chris Waddle has praised Swansea City's style of play ahead of Saturday's game against M*******r United.

Waddle, as a former winger himself, has picked out Swansea's wing threat in particular and says they have enough quality to hurt them at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday.

Waddle says he enjoys watching the Swans play, an attractive passing style which gives people 'value for money'.

'Wingers with pace will always be a huge asset in football and Swansea are blessed with them,"

"They are a throwback to an era when every side had two quick wingers. It used to be that sides would have short, fast, wingers but they are a dying bread now. It`s not easy to find players who can go past defenders and score goals or create chances for others.

"Sinclair`s direct with great pace and he loves to go to past people. He is a right-footed player on the left wing so he can cut inside on to his stronger foot but he isn`t afraid to use his left foot and has the quality to do it.

"The number of goals he scored last season speaks for itself and he has made the step up to the top flight.

"Dyer is a bit different, more tricky than Sinclair but with the same electric pace and a real crowd-pleaser.

"Then they`ve got the likes of Wayne Routledge who can come off the bench and is a similar sort of player.

Read more: http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=262685#ixzz1wMPxZTvL

My kinda team.
      If it IS Rogers then I will do as Kenny said.
      Give the man 100%.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5408: May 30, 2012 02:55:57 pm
      Im not in denial Mick, I'm just not being spoon fed by the media that have called very little if anything right throughout this process.

I'll believe it when the club releases a statement.

I may be wrong, but I'm expecting a few more twists and turns in this yet.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #5409: May 30, 2012 02:55:59 pm
      Just been told its not Rodgers.
      Your an ITK now?

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #5410: May 30, 2012 02:56:14 pm
      On another note - Rafa is on his way abroad as we speak, was seen at the airport alone, this morning.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #5411: May 30, 2012 02:56:53 pm
      So yesterday Huw Jenkins states we haven't been in touch about Rodgers.

So that says he has not even spoke to FSG in the manner that Martinez did.

And you're all expecting him to be announced ? :D

FSG have a structure in place for the interview process, I don't expect them to deviate from that and appoint a manager they haven't even spoke to & nor should you lot.

Is it not possible that FSG could have asked Swansea to keep it quiet, after the issue with Dave Whelan becoming Sky's go-to man for Liverpool's pursuit of Martinez?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5412: May 30, 2012 02:57:18 pm
      People can live in denial all they like. Brendan Rodgers is our new manager and I wish him every success. I can't wait.

He wasn't my first choice, but if I'd known at the start of the process what I know about him now then he might have been.

This all day.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5413: May 30, 2012 02:57:51 pm
      On another note - Rafa is on his way abroad as we speak, was seen at the airport alone, this morning.

JWH isn't in Liverpool?

;)

Madness.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #5414: May 30, 2012 02:58:24 pm
      Well I'm going to say this much the whole Rodgers thing started with Duncan Jenkins tweet yesterday a couple of Journo's jumped on it and now he's being announced within 48 hours, sorry but I don't buy it.

Nah it's been carrying around Larne and Carnlough (where he's from) since last week, his family have been telling people he's got the job.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #5415: May 30, 2012 02:58:39 pm
       Anybody who thinks it's not going to be Rodgers, I strongly advise you to hav a tenner on a couple of these, or all of them.

Martinez 37/1
       Van Gaal 90/1
       Klopp 100/1
       AVB 60/1
       Rafa 110/1
       Laudrup 300/1

(Rodgers is 1/10 if you're interested). I'll take 2/1 if anyone wants to lay it   :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5416: May 30, 2012 02:58:49 pm
      If it's not going to be Rafa, from the supposedly available names, then I'm happy it's gonna be Brendan Rodgers.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5417: May 30, 2012 02:59:40 pm
      Is it not possible that FSG could have asked Swansea to keep it quiet, after the issue with Dave Whelan becoming Sky's go-to man for Liverpool's pursuit of Martinez?

What do Swansea gain from that?

Whelans motor mouth was in an attempt to get his compensation.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #5418: May 30, 2012 03:00:46 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5419: May 30, 2012 03:01:13 pm
      The worrying thing for me is not if we get Rodgers or Martinez as manager, but that if we get one of them without a D.O.F. as well. Are FSG so desperate that they will abandon their "system" so easily, or have they just failed to find any manager willing to work under it?

Happy if Rogers gets the job, but only if FSG implement their system, otherwise it is just a sham and there is no excuse for sacking Kenny after one season.....or not interviewing/appointing Rafa ?

Very confused :(

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #5420: May 30, 2012 03:02:10 pm
      Brendan Rodgers is our new manager

No he's not.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #5421: May 30, 2012 03:02:52 pm
      Nah it's been carrying around Larne and Carnlough (where he's from) since last week, his family have been telling people he's got the job.

I'll have to back you up on that, I've heard the same.

(I only live 15 minutes away from Carnlough)
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #5422: May 30, 2012 03:03:45 pm
      If it was merely Sly Sports and the BBC, I wouldn't give a toss.

But the fact most journo's and "ITK's" (If you wish) associated with LFC are peddling it too,  makes me sit up and take abit of notice.

Im not taking it as Gospel, but its looking more & more likely Brendan Rodgers will be managing our club.

Can't see any bombshells being dropped over the next 48 hours personally.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5423: May 30, 2012 03:04:41 pm

They know as much as us about this and now they get one piece of info a leap on it.

"A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!"
      The very reason they will never be any threat to LFC, they have no knowledge of the history and traditions of our club or choose to ignore it completely for reasons best known to themselves. 
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5424: May 30, 2012 03:04:51 pm
      If it's not going to be Rafa, from the supposedly available names, then I'm happy it's gonna be Brendan Rodgers.
      My thoughts exactly.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5425: May 30, 2012 03:05:20 pm
      The worrying thing for me is not if we get Rodgers or Martinez as manager, but that if we get one of them without a D.O.F. as well. Are FSG so desperate that they will abandon their "system" so easily, or have they just failed to find any manager willing to work under it?

Happy if Rogers gets the job, but only if FSG implement their system, otherwise it is just a sham and there is no excuse for sacking Kenny after one season.....or not interviewing/appointing Rafa ?

Very confused :(

I'm just speculating mate but could it be that Segura is Technical director? He's already at the club, quietly promoted to avoid media attention. That way he could be involved in the interview process too?

Then they "officially" announce it later on when the plan is already under way.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5426: May 30, 2012 03:10:38 pm
      I'm just speculating mate but could it be that Segura is Technical director? He's already at the club, quietly promoted to avoid media attention. That way he could be involved in the interview process too?

Then they "officially" announce it later on when the plan is already under way.

No idea mate. Guess I will just have to wait till it all becomes clearer as there are apparently many different rumours flying round. It is just that the one thing that has helped easy the pain of Kenny going was that FSG had a cunning plan. Just worried now that it was one of Baldricks.

LFCexiled
      Reply #5427: May 30, 2012 03:10:45 pm
      14 of the 22 bookies on oddshecker have suspended betting, who knows what the future holds?

Quick Reply