Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3059601 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16468: Apr 27, 2014 04:51:33 pm
      Nothing the manager could do today. The Gerrard mistake gave Chelsea the game, otherwise it had 0-0 all over it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16469: Apr 27, 2014 04:54:19 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #16470: Apr 27, 2014 05:12:20 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #16471: Apr 27, 2014 05:14:23 pm
      Still F***ing boss!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16472: Apr 27, 2014 05:30:42 pm
      This is what I was I meant when I said what ever Rodgers Achieves this season will be in spite of FSG and not because of them, maybe if we had a Salah or Konopylanka he'd have made the difference today.

For me Rodgers has proved his worth, the owners need to back their man this summer even if it means they may need to spend a little bit more than they'd like, the market dictates the price, not FSG.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #16473: Apr 27, 2014 05:42:40 pm
      Brendan achieved all my pre session expectations. The title race is wonderful bonus
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16474: Apr 27, 2014 06:10:42 pm
      This is what I was I meant when I said what ever Rodgers Achieves this season will be in spite of FSG and not because of them, maybe if we had a Salah or Konopylanka he'd have made the difference today.

For me Rodgers has proved his worth, the owners need to back their man this summer even if it means they may need to spend a little bit more than they'd like, the market dictates the price, not FSG.

Totally agree with this Daz and exactly why whether you believe it's FSG's responsibility, Brendan's or the committee's that the transfers have to happen this Summer. The right type of quality has to be brought in because next season will be very different.

Maureen will strengthen that bag of sh*te team that Brendan rightly described as like Palace with some strikers and they will be an even greater force next season. No doubt City will kick on again, United reportedly spending £200m and god only knows what will happen with Arsenal. We have had the advantage of only playing once a week and that's still shown our squad up to lack that depth. When any of us looked at the bench today there was only Sturridge, who is really a starter, waiting to come on that could change the game. Brendan can only do so much, when you're relying on Aspas to be that game changer it doesn't matter which manager you are you're going to come up short some of the time and unfortunately we did today.

Thought he handled the interview well again though, deflected all blame from Stevie, kept prying eyes out of our business and ignored talk of failure which was trying to be pushed upon him, so well in Brendan. Tough day at the office but I'm sure he'll learn from it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16475: Apr 27, 2014 06:42:44 pm
      Fair play to BR. Difficult today. But whatever happens, brilliant season from the manager.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #16476: Apr 27, 2014 10:16:08 pm
      Brendan's record shows that he learns and quickly.  I predict now that the Chelsea games next season will be of a completely different order.  Brendan can grow as a manager whereas Mourinho is at the peak of his abilities playing an anti-football game (or past it depending upon your opinion).  I think if Brendan knows we need a point that he'll play for a point - not nice but if we're about winning titles 1 point instead of going for 3 is sometimes necessary.  I don't like it, most of us here don't but its a fact.  Like I said he learns quickly and we'll see that next season. WGA.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #16477: Apr 27, 2014 10:54:14 pm
      When he looked to his bench for something to change the game and seen his only option was Aspas it shows how well he has done this season to even get us close to the position we are currently in.

Tough day at the office for him but it also should show those above him that he needs more tools to work with next season and he has the ability to get even more from our squad.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #16478: Apr 28, 2014 12:06:50 am
      I think we can now see that with modest resources Brendan can put us within reach of the premiership.
      If the owners get behind him we can win and go on to dominate - lets face it thats what a lot of us were brought up on - domination.  So, lets see where we finish.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16479: Apr 28, 2014 12:12:58 am
      Had we managed to sign Mikkiwhatsisface, Willian, Salah or Konoplyanka, then Brendan might have had better options than Aspas. We didn't, he didn't and we came up short.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16480: Apr 28, 2014 12:23:04 am
      Excellent post match press conference and attitude from the boss, I'm gutted what happened but there is a way to deal with defeat and a way to add to it by acting like a dickhead.
      We lost, it's football, it's what can happen.
      Brendan was wise even in defeat. thanks for not acting like other managers at the top tend to do BR.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16481: Apr 28, 2014 01:09:42 am
      Did not deserved the final result, draw would have been accepted by all.

City will still drop points.

We prepare for Palace.

We Go Again.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #16482: Apr 28, 2014 01:14:02 am
      Whatever happens this season, Brendan Rodgers should be hailed as god like for what he has done with this team.

He has given us smiles, hope and pride.

We are ahead of schedule, we are playing some wonderful football, and its all down to Rodgers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16483: Apr 28, 2014 09:36:24 am
      As the saying goes, you learn more from defeat than you do from winning and yesterday we learned that despite our results and position in the table our squad really needs some additional quality.

Lady luck, who seems to have been with us this season, abandoned us at our most crucial time.  Those loose balls in the their box just wouldn't fall for us, Stevie's slip letting them in for the first and the sucker punch, when we were desperately trying to equalise, for the second.  It just wasn't to be on the day.

Well done boss, there wasn't much more you could have done with the resources you have available.

We live to fight again, this battle isn't over yet, still 2 games to go.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1643 
      Reply #16484: Apr 28, 2014 09:44:09 am
      As the saying goes, you learn more from defeat than you do from winning and yesterday we learned that despite our results and position in the table our squad really needs some additional quality.

Lady luck, who seems to have been with us this season, abandoned us at our most crucial time.  Those loose balls in the their box just wouldn't fall for us, Stevie's slip letting them in for the first and the sucker punch, when we were desperately trying to equalise, for the second.  It just wasn't to be on the day.

Well done boss, there wasn't much more you could have done with the resources you have available.

We live to fight again, this battle isn't over yet, still 2 games to go.

Agree with you, when the you're brining on Aspas as your game changing sub then something is wrong. And don't get me started on Glen Johnson!!

Have to say though, I think Brendan got it wrong yesterday in some respects. We were crossing the ball which isn't our game and Chelsea would always win that. As soon as Chelsea's tactics became clear he should of had Lucas off, Sturridge on IMO because there was no need for him and give us another option in and around their box. And I know this part was probably the players, but we seemed too impatient, we should of knocked it around, side to side and wait for the opening and I think Stevie was guilty of forcing the play, as was Coutinho. Finally, our record this season against the top teams has been poor, but I think Brendan will have learnt an awful lot from this season regardless of how it pans out and I trust him to get it spot on next year.

Wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world right now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 10:57:03 am by RedWilly »
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #16485: Apr 29, 2014 08:22:39 am
      I wouldn't say our record against the top sides is poor. Against the rest of the top 4 we have taken 7 points from 6 games. That's not a bad return at all against top sides and it easily could have been 11 points with proper officiating decisions. Not only that but we have dismantled the next group. We took 16 points from 6 games against the 5,6,7 teams.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #16486: Apr 29, 2014 12:38:16 pm
      Seen some fans state that Rodgers has lost us the tittle, in his arrogance to go for the win and not the draw.

Me, personally wouldn't stand for a manager who would purposely draw a game when we have the chance to win it.  However if we did get a draw we would still have the league in our hands but nevertheless that doesn't guarantee we win the league or would have got the point.

What's others thoughts on this?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16487: Apr 29, 2014 12:42:43 pm
      Seen some fans state that Rodgers has lost us the tittle, in his arrogance to go for the win and not the draw.

Me, personally wouldn't stand for a manager who would purposely draw a game when we have the chance to win it.  However if we did get a draw we would still have the league in our hands but nevertheless that doesn't guarantee we win the league or would have got the point.

Utter bollocks a slip changed the game, we were dominating and very comfortable the entire time. Chelsea would never have scored without luck and no manager in the world can legislate for luck. I've been critical of Brendan in the past but those that suggest he lost us the title seriously need to question their judgement and I hope it's just an emotional response that when they calm down they'll see sense.

Best manager in the league and will rightly be rewarded as such.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,485 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #16488: Apr 29, 2014 12:52:32 pm

Those fans need a wake up call. A draw would be better than a defeat but we play to win every game, end of. It's not arrogance it's having a winning mentality. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16489: Apr 29, 2014 12:53:20 pm

Utter bo**ocks from narrow minded, short sighted people who wouldn't recognise a good thing if it was put in front of them, on a plate, with blinkers on and forced to stare at it for a month.

They probably only got interested in following us a fortnight ago when it looked like we might win something.

Mardy arsed fu**ing glory hunters  :mad:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #16490: Apr 29, 2014 12:55:12 pm
      What does arrogance have to do with it? Maureen played for a draw and he is the most arrogant <insert favorite> in the world.

Quick Reply