Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3053725 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31027: May 26, 2015 10:42:42 pm
      brendan can't attract top quality players, it's no bullshit.

no, you wouldn't understand the term as you're probably not educated well enough.

you may understand the term 'arithmetics' though, it's what most toddlers learn before entering primary school

wut?

liverpool players earn more than juve,dortmund,atletico and roma players

liverpool spent more than the 4 combined this summer....so i can't say i understand where you're coming from

Hmm...me thinks Mad4LFC has a new handle but perhaps the same IP address.

Not too fussed either way, they come in get banned within a few weeks change names and rinse/repeat.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #31028: May 26, 2015 10:48:37 pm
      wut?

Their take home net due to tax in this country is the major difference.

Which players when signed by those clubs are ready made stars? Take away the ones who have only moved within their own country and have no apparent wish to move abroad? There would be very few, and the ones like Tevez wanted out of this country.. Nothing to do with anyone who went for him
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #31029: May 26, 2015 10:59:59 pm

Hmm...me thinks Mad4LFC has a new handle but perhaps the same IP address.

Not too fussed either way, they come in get banned within a few weeks change names and rinse/repeat.

i'll pretend i know what you're talking about....but i assume you think i've changed my name from someone who was clearly not favoured on this forums....let me tell you something. i'm a full member on the main liverpool forums under this name, member on the this is anfield forums under this name and would register for rawk as well under this name was it not for some error message.

anyhow we'll see if i get banned for this 'ip address username change' myth you speak of
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #31030: May 26, 2015 11:01:29 pm
      i'll pretend i know what you're talking about....but i assume you think i've changed my name from someone who was clearly not favoured on this forums

So by 'pretend to know what he is talking about' you actually mean you know full well what he is talking about. ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31031: May 26, 2015 11:03:38 pm
      wut?

liverpool spent more than the 4 combined this summer....so i can't say i understand where you're coming from

Where did you get that from? Atletico spent £103 million on their own, Juve spent £38, Roma spent £75 million, and Dortmund spent £58 million! Are you making up random sh*t again?
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #31032: May 26, 2015 11:06:47 pm
      So by 'pretend to know what he is talking about' you actually mean you know full well what he is talking about. ;D

well i wanted to make sure i wasn't underestimating his level of intelligence (if he in fact was talking about something completely out of the blue).... either that or my insomnia is kicking in again
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31033: May 26, 2015 11:19:50 pm
      i'll pretend i know what you're talking about....but i assume you think i've changed my name from someone who was clearly not favoured on this forums....let me tell you something. i'm a full member on the main liverpool forums under this name, member on the this is anfield forums under this name and would register for rawk as well under this name was it not for some error message.

anyhow we'll see if i get banned for this 'ip address username change' myth you speak of

Nobody really cares if your well known on TIA or Rawk...means sh*t here. You've come into this forum hard, fast and for the most part talking sh*t so pardon me if I am less than impressed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31034: May 26, 2015 11:31:18 pm
      no, you wouldn't understand the term as you're probably not educated well enough.

Algebra.

you may understand the term 'arithmetics' though, it's what most toddlers learn before entering primary school

Ironic coming from some one who come in all giddy like a 5 year old child with this little nugget.

brendans that bad he couldn't attract a former legendary player even if the other club offered him to us  :lmao:

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #31035: May 27, 2015 06:34:39 am
      Where did you get that from? Atletico spent £103 million on their own, Juve spent £38, Roma spent £75 million, and Dortmund spent £58 million! Are you making up random sh*t again?

Dormund, Atletico and Juve proved you don't need world class players (and to spend hundreds of millions on them) to reach a ucl final and win titles, you need someone good in charge, stop making excuses for brendan, i'm sure that he cannot manage a big team, give him barca and he'll manage to f**k it up even there

You don't need world class players to turn up against sides like Villa, Stoke, Hull, Crystal Palace, you don't need world class players to build a formation that works, and not change it again and again.

Check how much spent Rafa Benitez on players and won UCL with us.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #31036: May 27, 2015 07:18:09 am
      Just a question. Is there any offical statement made by FSG about backing Rodgers?

If Brendan is in no doubt the owners would already done that! I would bet my money on the fact that they are considering other options right now!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31037: May 27, 2015 07:22:53 am
      Just a question. Is there any offical statement made by FSG about backing Rodgers?

If Brendan is in no doubt the owners would already done that! I would bet my money on the fact that they are considering other options right now!

If everything was good with them why would they have to say anything at all?
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #31038: May 27, 2015 07:33:48 am
      If everything was good with them why would they have to say anything at all?

Calm down the situation and silence all the rumours ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31039: May 27, 2015 07:53:30 am
      Calm down the situation and silence all the rumours ?

Don't think they are too fussed with internet forum meltdowns or media rumors to be honest.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #31040: May 27, 2015 07:54:46 am
      I'd like to know why you think this mate?

Kenny wouldn't be anywhere near my list for DOF as he has said in the past that negotiating contracts and the like isn't stuff he enjoys doing and he has no experience in the role of running a football club and shaping that strategy.

Like Crouch said above I want a DoF/Sporting Director to come in and totally shape the football at the club and he is the man to hire the manager or at least agree to who the owners want to hire.

Kenny is not that man for me.

Cant see FSG trusting anyone other one of their own to oversee the contracts etc and as we know, Kenny wouldn't be suited to that side of things but he could oversee the football side of things from the Academy up. He is underused by this club and his vast knowledge of the game and more importantly Liverpool FC will hopefully bring some balance back to a club that has almost totally lost its identity.

Ultimately, there is no strict rules for what a DOF should or shouldn't do.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #31041: May 27, 2015 08:01:40 am
      Don't think they are too fussed with internet forum meltdowns or media rumors to be honest.

More fools them if they are not too fussed with Internet forum meltdowns or supporters concerns, H&G testify it.

They are the custodians of our club, we hold the power.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31042: May 27, 2015 08:03:01 am
      More fools them if they are not too fussed with Internet forum meltdowns or supporters concerns, H&G testify it.

They are the custodians of our club, we hold the power.

Except that H&G were bleeding debt and about to get foreclosed upon. Protests or no protests they were broke in the middle of a global financial meltdown and all banks (including RBS) were calling in loans; I don't think for a minute that is the case here.

The power needs to be shown and not talked about Shabs.

Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words, correct?

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #31043: May 27, 2015 08:09:31 am

Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words, correct?

Of course talk is easy and actions take balls.

So in a way offer Brendan a new contract or sack him is what your saying?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31044: May 27, 2015 08:10:11 am
      Of course talk is easy and actions take balls.

So in a way offer Brendan a new contract or sack him is what your saying?

No I was speaking to Shabs regarding supporter protests and boycotts.

People think things are going to change by complaining on internet forums? Not going to happen.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #31045: May 27, 2015 08:18:25 am
      You know, putting all the legitimate reasons for Rodgers to be sacked aside, the one that seems to stand out the most to me is that he has lost the dressing room and the players won't play for him.

We lost 6-1 away at Stoke, and the players clearly quit and weren't playing for Rodgers.

Doesn't that fact alone make his position untenable? 

If the players don't believe in you anymore, won't play the way you want them to, then it really makes everything else irrelevant doesn't it?  You can't just.... replace 20 or so players.  But you can easily change one man, the manager.

I just don't see how that fact is going to change.  If they don't buy into what he is doing, how on earth is that going to change between now and the short period of time until pre-season starts?
      Scottbot

• 9,618 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31046: May 27, 2015 08:31:16 am
      You know, putting all the legitimate reasons for Rodgers to be sacked aside, the one that seems to stand out the most to me is that he has lost the dressing room and the players won't play for him.

We lost 6-1 away at Stoke, and the players clearly quit and weren't playing for Rodgers.

If the players don't believe in you anymore, won't play the way you want them to, then it really makes everything else irrelevant doesn't it?  You can't just.... replace 20 or so players.  But you can easily change one man, the manager.

I just don't see how that fact is going to change.  If they don't buy into what he is doing, how on earth is that going to change between now and the short period of time until pre-season starts?

That's kinda where I'm at mate. Two/three games ago I was happy enough for the manager to continue, based on how well things had been going the previous season and a half and also based on the form we showed during that 4 month unbeaten run BUT The form we showed in those last two games is the real worry for me. I haven't seem the Stoke game and never will but the result in itself combined with the limp Anfield finish to Palace and the way we rolled over at Wembley suggest you are right and that the players aren't sure about Brendan anymore. If that's the case there isn't much point in continuing with him.

Am sure it will all come to light in the next week or so.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31047: May 27, 2015 08:43:23 am
      I did not pop up I have been here all along..through good and bad

You all disappear when thing are going good and come back when they aren't; we can all set our watches you guys are so good at it.

Welcome back...look forward to your gang going into hiding sometime in the future.

Me no think so.

Again. Youve got it wrong. Things were bad when I took a break.  Then they got even worse.

BTW   Anyone heard from Scally ?
      HNLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #31048: May 27, 2015 08:43:33 am

Agree completely. I share this concern more than anything else. Clearly things have happened at the club behind closed doors which have rattled the confidence of our players and manager. Brendan looked a broken man after Stoke and the players didn't look any better on the pitch. They lacked drive, except Couts and Ibe really. The rest didn't seem to want to be there at all (maybe they were thinking about being poolside in Dubai!).

Is there any way back after losing the dressing room?

asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #31049: May 27, 2015 08:45:14 am

Quick Reply