Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3066335 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31556: May 30, 2015 08:09:02 pm
      One thing that bothers me is that in the endless interviews he does, why do none of these berks, ask him why he continues to play players out of position?

Probably because the questions asked are or have already been under scrutiny and are not allowed, in other words they(journos) can only ask certain Q's
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31557: May 30, 2015 08:09:14 pm
      Serious question skip - and for all those who want the manager sacked.

Would you sack Brendan with Klopp and Ancelotti unavailable? Or hold out under such a scenario?

Its a good question.

One would hope the planning for this would have been done some time ago ..... and not going for "who is about now" at the end of the season.

In that case ( if not Klopp )  I would have lined up Simeone before he signed a new contract with Atletico.

63% win ratio.

In answer.
      Yes.  Sacked.
      There are other options out there who are better managers with experience.  This FSG experiment has been a disaster.

PS.
      Glad we didnt get to Wembley.
      We would have been humiliated on a global much bigger stage and we have had enough humiliations recently.
      Enough to last for another 52 years in fact.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31559: May 30, 2015 08:33:27 pm
      Do you think sacking Brendan gives them a way out of scrapping the system and indirectly blaming him.

I think they would sack him rather than have the humility to fall on their sword. FSG have to ask themselves this - who in the club has expert knowledge on all things football they can consult? Remember a few years ago, the likes of Van Gaal and Cruyff were being touted for DOF?

Well, the best we've ended up with are the likes of an ex-Rushden and Diamond boss (Andy Hunter at the TC who got them relegated) and Blackburn Rovers scouts....
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31560: May 30, 2015 08:45:41 pm
      I think they would sack him rather than have the humility to fall on their sword. FSG have to ask themselves this - who in the club has expert knowledge on all things football they can consult? Remember a few years ago, the likes of Van Gaal and Cruyff were being touted for DOF?

Well, the best we've ended up with are the likes of an ex-Rushden and Diamond boss (Andy Hunter at the TC who got them relegated) and Blackburn Rovers scouts....

-you start with the principal of who we are and who are worthy of working at this club. FSg just dont know who they bought and what is worse is they dont really care
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31561: May 30, 2015 08:53:48 pm
      Serious question skip - and for all those who want the manager sacked.

Would you sack Brendan with Klopp and Ancelotti unavailable? Or hold out under such a scenario?

I'd sack him anyway, even if I didn't have someone lined up, he's out of his depth at this club and I feel he has lost the dressing room and a vast chunk of the fans.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31562: May 30, 2015 08:56:35 pm
      -you start with the principal of who we are and who are worthy of working at this club. FSg just dont know who they bought and what is worse is they dont really care

If that's the case does it really matter who our manager is?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31563: May 30, 2015 08:58:31 pm
      If that's the case does it really matter who our manager is?

thats is the whole point we aspire to be good enough to match our history and that means the manager must be a winner and a proven winner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31564: May 30, 2015 08:59:05 pm
      I think if either of Klopp or Ancellotti are appointed and Brendan moved on there would be very few if any fans who wouldn't be all for it. I just can't see it though, under these owners with these constraints I cannot see a manager of that calibre taking the job on.

Oh come on BigMick, these constraints are not quite as severe as everyone says we are after all the 5th biggest spenders in the league only just behind Arsenal. Just look at Athletico in Spain who I'm fairly sure are 3rd or even lower in terms of transfer fees/salaries yet with a great team spirit and very competent manager are able to shake things up in Spain and really compete and win. Another good example of this would of course be Borussia Dortmund ;-)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31565: May 30, 2015 09:11:52 pm
      Can someone give us a face swap photoshop of Rodgers and Klopp?

Would be a perfect compromise between those who want him to stay and want him gone.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #31566: May 30, 2015 09:29:05 pm
      Its clear some supporters still think Brendan is an excellent manager, but at the same time he is apparently hamstrung by a transfer committee that dictates to him (which I refuse to believe btw), but let's say that is true, does that not further illuminate his weakness and huge lack of credibility?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31567: May 30, 2015 09:32:26 pm
      Can someone give us a face swap photoshop of Rodgers and Klopp?

Would be a perfect compromise between those who want him to stay and want him gone.

how about this
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #31568: May 30, 2015 10:27:38 pm
      So does Rafa not have his own thread?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31569: May 30, 2015 10:28:56 pm
      With a talented squad with world class players, he could CHALLENGE for the title, but not win it, as has been proven already. The current manager simply cannot comprehend what a defensive unit is all about. Hence why we leaked over 50 goals the previous season. Any team worthy a shot at the league title needs a rock solid defence. I have no confidence whatsoever that BR is the man to add much needed balance to the team.

I think this post hits on the fundamental root of this discussion. There's been a lot of mitigating circumstances to where we are now, but I believe (from watching the reds under Rodgers) that our defensive prospects will never live up to what we expect at LFC. And in turn, limited success - if any, in a footballing sense - is something we'll have to get used to if he continues as manager.

There seems to be a good philosophy about attacking football with Rodgers. Last season we saw that. But without the meat on the bones - in regards to getting proven quality players on the pitch and not relying on 'potential' (for example having a Suarez available..) - then there's more pressure on our defence.

Since Rodgers has been manager, I've been unimpressed about the defensive philosophy. Because there doesn't seem to be one. Set pieces don't look like they're being worked on, at all. There's far too much ball watching that goes on when the ball is in or around the box. And we seem to give full backs a miss if they're fundamentally good at defending, with preference for players who might be able to provide a bit of pace down the wing. Our defence has not improved and in fact it seems to look more fragile these days.  This will only lead one way. Down the league table.

Attacking football is great. Teams playing at Anfield knowing they can score a goal, is not. I think Rodgers has tried to cover the defensive problems with attacking football and that's the only way he'll ever work. It's common knowledge that this will never work to win cups or league titles.

It might keep you hanging around 4th or 5th spot though. Good enough for the owners? Maybe. Good enough for Liverpool fans? No way!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #31570: May 30, 2015 11:01:43 pm
      Jonathan Northcroft from the Sunday Times is saying that we're looking at alternative managers and that Klopp is top of the list but Brendan still has a high chance of keeping his job.

Will try and find the article but it might be behind a paywall.

Also the Express are saying Werner will personally be coming in for the review, won't just be this Mike Gordon fella.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #31571: May 30, 2015 11:08:44 pm
      I think it's comical that two non football individuals making football decisions.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31572: May 30, 2015 11:09:05 pm
      Jonathan Northcroft from the Sunday Times is saying that we're looking at alternative managers and that Klopp is top of the list but Brendan still has a high chance of keeping his job.

Will try and find the article but it might be behind a paywall.

Also the Express are saying Werner will personally be coming in for the review, won't just be this Mike Gordon fella.

Cheers for that chat, do you know other managers on the list?

Here's my thought: they should be assessing Rodgers, but they should also be assessing his backroom staff and whether they are up to the quality required. Likewise, backroom staff of other prospective candidates should be assessed.

I would like to see Rodgers with the addition of top quality coaches with continental experience.

I guess we will know a lot more now that Klopp is fully available to talk.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #31573: May 30, 2015 11:10:29 pm
      Do you know other managers on the list?

Here's my thought: they should be assessing Rodgers, but they should also be assessing his backroom staff and whether they are up to the quality required. Likewise, backroom staff of other prospective candidates should be assessed.

I would like to see Rodgers with the addition of top quality coaches with continental experience.

They should also be doing an assessment of all executive staff.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31574: May 30, 2015 11:14:01 pm
      They should also be doing an assessment of all executive staff.

I would like to see Brendan stay with the addition of top continental coaches - that is my preference, I'm just not sure of the likes of Pascoe and Marsh have the experience and knowledge to instil Brendan's ideals - of which I am in favour of.

Klopp on the other hand relies on his coaches and delegates in a way that Ferguson did, he's actually less hands on than Brendan. Perhaps Brendan has to be less hands on in some training matters by hiring and delegating to top quality coaches. That does not undermine managers - it's actually what all the most successful managers do.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31575: May 30, 2015 11:29:41 pm
      Any hope of a new manager is hopeless, and any hope for Brendan is useless under such restrictions, considering our shopping list makes Poundland look like Harrods.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,240 posts | 850 
      Reply #31576: May 30, 2015 11:31:24 pm
      Any hope of a new manager is hopeless, and any hope for Brendan is useless under such restrictions, considering our shopping list makes Poundland look like Harrods.

restrictions?

like paying 32m for Benteke? that's a restriction?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31577: May 30, 2015 11:45:18 pm
      restrictions?

like paying 32m for Benteke? that's a restriction?

Yes but his wages will be much lower than another top target, so FSG think it will balance out over the long term.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31578: May 30, 2015 11:58:03 pm
      So does Rafa not have his own thread?

who is this rafa bloke ?

Quick Reply