Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3065350 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1150: Jun 01, 2012 07:27:58 pm
      Rodgers, Shankly & the tea lady
      After addressing the world's media at Anfield, Brendan Rodgers paid his first visit to Melwood and immediately made a bee-line for the most important person there – the tea lady.

Within minutes of driving through the gates of the Liverpool training ground, Rodgers asked to be directed towards the canteen where he introduced himself to the kitchen staff and took possession of a cup of tea.

"I'd love a cup of tea, just a little bit of sugar," he asked. "You'll find I drink a lot of tea when I'm here!"

Cup of tea in hand, the new Reds boss was then given a tour of the facilities by Darren Burgess, LFC's Head of Fitness and Conditioning. After visiting the indoor-outdoor pitch, swimming pool, dressing rooms, medical area and video analysis unit, he stopped to read a quote on the wall from Fernando Morientes praising the supporters.

Stopping to chat to all the staff he came across, Rodgers was then shown into new office, where he immediately surveyed the pitches basking in the bright sunshine.

Before he left, he pointed to a framed portrait of Bill Shankly on the wall overlooking his desk and remarked, "Now, that's a proper legend."

liverpoolfc.tv
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1151: Jun 01, 2012 07:33:10 pm
      "Cup of tea in hand, the new Reds boss was then given a tour of the facilities by Darren Burgess, LFC's Head of Fitness and Conditioning."

who presumably is about to be sacked in favour of Glen Driscoll?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1152: Jun 01, 2012 07:33:22 pm
      After addressing the world's media at Anfield, Brendan Rodgers paid his first visit to Melwood and immediately made a bee-line for the most important person there – the tea lady.

Within minutes of driving through the gates of the Liverpool training ground, Rodgers asked to be directed towards the canteen where he introduced himself to the kitchen staff and took possession of a cup of tea.

"I'd love a cup of tea, just a little bit of sugar," he asked. "You'll find I drink a lot of tea when I'm here!"

Cup of tea in hand, the new Reds boss was then given a tour of the facilities by Darren Burgess, LFC's Head of Fitness and Conditioning. After visiting the indoor-outdoor pitch, swimming pool, dressing rooms, medical area and video analysis unit, he stopped to read a quote on the wall from Fernando Morientes praising the supporters.

Stopping to chat to all the staff he came across, Rodgers was then shown into new office, where he immediately surveyed the pitches basking in the bright sunshine.

Before he left, he pointed to a framed portrait of Bill Shankly on the wall overlooking his desk and remarked, "Now, that's a proper legend."

liverpoolfc.tv

Well he really has made all the right noises so far hasn't he. +1 Brendan Rodgers!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #1153: Jun 01, 2012 07:34:02 pm
      Just have this feeling Brendan will deliver for us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1154: Jun 01, 2012 07:34:49 pm
      Cracking piece that isn't it Diego, I don't know what it is, but I have a really positive feeling about Rodgers. Without doubt the manner in which he's handled himself in the first few interviews and sessions have been exceptional, almost scripted replies to the questions asked but there does seem an aura about the way he conducts himself that gives me reason to believe he's the right man.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1155: Jun 01, 2012 07:37:14 pm
      I'm feeling more positive about this appointment than I was when the story first broke the other day. It's a gamble, but one I feel could pay off.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1156: Jun 01, 2012 07:38:06 pm
      Cracking piece that isn't it Diego, I don't know what it is, but I have a really positive feeling about Rodgers. Without doubt the manner in which he's handled himself in the first few interviews and sessions have been exceptional, almost scripted replies to the questions asked but there does seem an aura about the way he conducts himself that gives me reason to believe he's the right man.

Well said and I totally agree.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #1157: Jun 01, 2012 07:51:41 pm
      Brilliant news, think he'll do a great job for us.

He will bring a totall different style of play to the club which I can't wait to see.

I just want the season to hurry up and start!

:o
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1158: Jun 01, 2012 08:20:44 pm
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1159: Jun 01, 2012 08:42:04 pm
      If anyone is looking for the audio for the television and radio interviews as well The Anfield Wrap has it on iTunes free to download.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1160: Jun 01, 2012 08:46:39 pm
      I can't explain it, but I just have a feeling he'll take us back where we belong. He's impressed me ever since he sat down at the press conference.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1161: Jun 01, 2012 08:50:56 pm
      I can't explain it, but I just have a feeling he'll take us back where we belong. He's impressed me ever since he sat down at the press conference.

I'm exactly the same, it's just a really 'easy' feeling. No idea why, just is. I felt it before his presser and his words haven't exactly increased that feeling, it's just there.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1162: Jun 01, 2012 08:57:02 pm
      So it's official then, welcome to Liverpool Football Club Brendan Rodgers! I think he will be quite an interesting appointment TBH, when he ruled himself out a few weeks ago I didn't think that we would even approach him!  Anyway let's get behind him and look forward to brighter future IBWT
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1163: Jun 01, 2012 09:01:00 pm
      A short video about Chris Davies's job as match analysis who joins Brendan and Colin Pascoe at Liverpool.

Swansea City FC - Match Analysis
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1164: Jun 01, 2012 09:03:01 pm
      If his television presser was good then his radio interviews were brilliant. Don't think he got a word wrong?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-anfield-wrap-podcast/id456906266?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

The top one is the two press conferences.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1165: Jun 01, 2012 09:06:05 pm
      Shabs your having a lot of feelings lately mate are you hormonal or on your monthly cycle ? ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,346 posts | 2869 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1166: Jun 01, 2012 09:16:30 pm

liverpoolfc.tv

Jesus Christ he just gets it he just has it. That human touch, that touch of only being part of a bigger picture. Shanks, Bob, Joe Kenny and Rafa had it.

Class touch that.

Id wager that in time and by that I mean up to 3 years from now well be praising the day this man arrived
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1167: Jun 01, 2012 09:21:25 pm
      Not my choice as manager, but he's got my full support.
      I'd be interested to hear from FSG as to their reasons for his appointment over Martinez, but I'll assume they know what they're doing! ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #1168: Jun 01, 2012 09:21:41 pm
      Shabs your having a lot of feelings lately mate are you hormonal or on your monthly cycle ? ;D

Daz, i think its the Irish and Spanish in Rodgers, potent mix which is attractive :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7154 
      Reply #1169: Jun 01, 2012 09:26:35 pm
      I know we are all excited but let the lad at least manage a game before we get carried away.
      A lot of Swansea's possesion come from moving the ball along the back four which is great for stopping the opposition but it doesn't get you goals.
      I just think this may be a slow burner whilst the players and the fans get used to the new style.He seems very confident and very well prepared for this job but lets not heap a load ofpressur eon him he just doesn't need. Kenny got to two cup finals and 8th in the league and got the sack the last thing he needs is talk of top 4 etc being placed on him.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1170: Jun 01, 2012 09:36:53 pm
      I know we are all excited but let the lad at least manage a game before we get carried away.
      A lot of Swansea's possesion come from moving the ball along the back four which is great for stopping the opposition but it doesn't get you goals.
      I just think this may be a slow burner whilst the players and the fans get used to the new style.He seems very confident and very well prepared for this job but lets not heap a load ofpressur eon him he just doesn't need. Kenny got to two cup finals and 8th in the league and got the sack the last thing he needs is talk of top 4 etc being placed on him.
      I cant see too many people expecting a top 4 this season, but we do need to see some kind of progress, he should be aiming to be in the hunt for 4th towards the run in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1171: Jun 01, 2012 09:41:23 pm
      From the names I saw as realistic options (that is, excluding Guardiola, Klopp etc), Brendan Rodgers was my 2nd choice after Rafa Benitez.

I feel sorry for Rafa as I believe he has unfinished business at LFC and think with the right support, he could have taken us to the very top, but I'm also happy with Rodgers. It is exciting to have a new guy around as well, I can't wait to get to know him and his methods better.

I was in defense of the so called 'unproven' managers in the 'next manager' thread and apparently FSG agrees with me :D Hopefully in a few years time I'll be here saying how f***in smart I am, and that I was right. Otherwise, I'll just ignore I ever wanted him!  :f_tongueincheek: (joking, of course ;D)
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1172: Jun 01, 2012 09:46:26 pm

Quick Reply