Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3050891 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #2829: Sep 23, 2012 10:03:14 pm
      I like how Brendan has performed pitch side.
      One might say I love his balls.
      Starts Shelvey and Sterling against United.
      Brings on Suso.
      Follows on from the gamble in Europe.
      Not afraid to make big tactical changes during the game.
      Should be given time and money to build here.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #2830: Sep 23, 2012 10:06:03 pm
      Some of the guys that I work with (they are not LFC fans by the way) are starting to say they think Brendan is out of his depth. I really don't get that at all as I like the way he has his style of play and he is confident enough to know that it works and he has enough football knowledge to go into the dressing room of such a big club with so many great players that he isn't intimidated to scrap his ideas to get short term gains. We have to give him time without too much pressure to make it work. We all want Liverpool to get back to where they should be and for me to have a manager with a clear vision for how we should play is brilliant. I have never felt that Brendan is out of his depth but what does the rest of the forum think? Discuss.......
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2831: Sep 23, 2012 10:09:40 pm
      I like how Brendan has performed pitch side.
      One might say I love his balls.
      Starts Shelvey and Sterling against United.
      Brings on Suso.
      Follows on from the gamble in Europe.
      Not afraid to make big tactical changes during the game.
      Should be given time and money to build here.

Agreed.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2832: Sep 23, 2012 10:18:18 pm
      Some of the guys that I work with (they are not LFC fans by the way) are starting to say they think Brendan is out of his depth.

I hear that kind of sh*t as well, mate but those poeple are just looking at the results and revelling in seeing us sat at the bottom end of the table. Those people are not watching every 90 minutes of every Liverpool match, watching the youngsters and listening to / reading everything that Brendan says as a way to understand his vision.
      Take today, for example.

Hard stat = We lost 2-1 at home and still have just 2 points in the bag.

Truth = Yes, we lost 2-1 but were by far the better team, even for much of the game when we had 10 men. Once again we were stitched up by bias refereeing at a time when we were making ManUre look like mugs.

It's an all-too-familiar feeling after the events of last season but we have every right to feel positive about the progress that is so evindently being made. Screw the doubters, whether they're Liverpool fans or not, we have every reason to believe in our manager and our players.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2833: Sep 23, 2012 10:18:36 pm
      Some of the guys that I work with (they are not LFC fans by the way) are starting to say they think Brendan is out of his depth. I really don't get that at all as I like the way he has his style of play and he is confident enough to know that it works and he has enough football knowledge to go into the dressing room of such a big club with so many great players that he isn't intimidated to scrap his ideas to get short term gains. We have to give him time without too much pressure to make it work. We all want Liverpool to get back to where they should be and for me to have a manager with a clear vision for how we should play is brilliant. I have never felt that Brendan is out of his depth but what does the rest of the forum think? Discuss.......

I'd be more worried if he scrapped his playing style mate. 

I like how he wants the game played.  I like how the young lads can slot in and play the same way, not that he can take all the credit for that but even so it's a great sign for the future.

If we continue improving with each game as we have so far we'll do ok this season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2834: Sep 23, 2012 10:26:43 pm
      Sorry mate no discussion - out of his depth my arse.
      The depth of official incompetence was the manager's undoing today, he could not affect the referee's visual imparement.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2835: Sep 23, 2012 10:28:09 pm
      As some liked to say about previous managers...

IN BRENDAN I TRUST
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #2836: Sep 23, 2012 10:31:30 pm
      Sorry mate no discussion - out of his depth my arse.

Agree stuey.

Slowly but surely stamping his mark on the team and I find it very difficult to find fault with him at all so far.

I always have wanted a manager who really goes for it with talented youngsters and seeing Suso warm up to come in when we are a man down in the biggest game of the season so far pleased me no end.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2837: Sep 23, 2012 10:35:01 pm
      I always have wanted a manager who really goes for it with talented youngsters and seeing Suso warm up to come in when we are a man down in the biggest game of the season so far pleased me no end.

Took me by surprise and weas another ballsy decision by Rodgers. The signs are deffo there that the lads are getting more familiar with the way he wants them to play. They were so impressive for much of the game today. I love our confidence on the ball (except for the odd occasion when we fook around with it in the wrong areas) and the pressing game is looking better as time goes as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2838: Sep 23, 2012 11:14:24 pm
      iBIT
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #2839: Sep 23, 2012 11:21:51 pm
      Fergusons team got outplayed by ten men today and what does he say ''we did not play well'', I have another theory our play was light years ahead and once we find a goal scorer or two there will not be many teams that will be able to live with us thanks to BR.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2840: Sep 23, 2012 11:38:47 pm
      We will achieve great things with Brendan Rodgers as manager and Fabio Borini as a player will be a part of it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      Reply #2841: Sep 23, 2012 11:47:10 pm
      Fooking proud and delighted to see fellow reds react to the boss in such manner, after a loss to them, when it could be easy to throw a boot in.

Keep this belief lads, he will deliver
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2842: Sep 23, 2012 11:48:43 pm
      Nothing to see here, move on.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2843: Sep 24, 2012 12:08:05 am
      The team have now gone through the tough opening and we have dropped far too many points already,2 out of 15 is a shocking return regardless of performances. We have started to build a foundation and must now start to turn the performances into points - that is what matters now.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      Reply #2844: Sep 24, 2012 12:11:30 am
      The team have now gone through the tough opening and we have dropped far too many points already,2 out of 15 is a shocking return regardless of performances. We have started to build a foundation and must now start to turn the performances into points - that is what matters now.

It is a shocking return, no doubt, but one you me and everyone else will have forgotten sooner rather then later   
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2845: Sep 24, 2012 12:13:26 am
      It is a shocking return, no doubt, but one you me and everyone else will have forgotten sooner rather then later   

I hope so fella because its all about getting wins and points now - we have a couple of "winable" games coming up
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2846: Sep 24, 2012 01:33:53 am
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/23/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-anfield-emotion?newsfeed=true

"There's only one Brendan Rodgers" the Kop chanted.

Long may that continue. Amen to that.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #2847: Sep 24, 2012 01:41:03 am
      BR is starting to get them to play how he wants, he is also having to introduce the youngsters which I think is briliiant. Even if Agger is out I reckon Coates or Kelly are going to be top draw centre backs so I think there will be a silver lining in any event. AS long as Carra doesn't figure that is (no offence to Carra but I think even he would agree)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #2848: Sep 24, 2012 07:43:21 am
      Brendan Rodgers is THE man.

People are already forgetting that these 5 matches have been tough fixtures for the team and came too soon. With a couple of wins. Confidence will be back.

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2849: Sep 24, 2012 07:55:41 am
      He is the right guy.

We will start winning I have no doubt about it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2850: Sep 24, 2012 08:48:13 am
       Sometimes you can see a bit of history BEFORE it happens, if of course you've been round the block a few times and you look hard enough. Brendan Rogers and his tenure at Liverpool is a classic case in point. Two points from his five matches, the worst start to a season for 100 years or whatever it is and yet the fans and everyone at the club swing behind him 100% and are rewarded with a return to the glory years.

He's been stitched up royally by the ownership in a fashion probably never before seen at ANY premiership club, but he didn't moan about it, just knuckled down and accepted that he was going to have to work with players who still believe in father christmas and make the best of it. And make the best of it he has. He's been brave enough to really properly believe in the kids like no manager we've ever had before. Sterling in particular has burst onto the scene, and we're playing some of the best football we have in a long time. Yes there's still glaring weaknesses in the squad but we knew that anyway, but he doesn't harp on about them continually making excuses.

I think we've found ourselves a gem, the right man to lead the club for many a year. I don't just "trust" Brendan Rogers, I think he is a doing a fantastic job and I'm over the moon he's our manager.   
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2851: Sep 24, 2012 09:08:05 am
      People are already forgetting that these 5 matches have been tough fixtures for the team and came too soon. With a couple of wins.

Yeah Arrie, something I'd mentioned a few times in the "Lack Of Transfer Activity" thread and a few others ("... Time To Gel" thread maybe?)

Let's be open and honest here: these fixtures, which would have been difficult at any point, became even more difficult when you consider we are trying to adapt to a 'new' system.

We must remember too that Brendan has really only been able to bring in and play two of his "own" type of player (Allen and Borini) in these games.

It will take time and (like it or not) a few new players before we see the fruits of Brendan's labours ripen. I hope, unlike before, both fans and owners will show patience, understand all the mitigating factors and don't just look at the 'table'. Oh I know you'll get dickheads and half-wits who'll make a point of not doing so (chances are we will see them, on here, very soon) but it's best they show themselves so that they can be seen for what they are.

Just remember the 'table' does not show all the facts irrespective of what the knee-jerkers will tell you; Sunday's game proves that.  ;)

Brendan, given the right support (not just lip-service), will make this work; of that I have no doubt.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012 09:33:43 am by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply