Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3071665 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #3496: Oct 31, 2012 07:59:59 pm
      I'm sorry but Rodgers does not sound Scottish at all.

He doesn't have a thick Northern Irish accent but if you think that's Scottish then I'm baffled.

Well it's not just one person who's mentioned it, mate.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #3497: Oct 31, 2012 08:02:05 pm
      Well it's not just one person who's mentioned it, mate.

Yeah? Mental, I'm Scottish and I just don't hear it myself.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3498: Oct 31, 2012 08:16:08 pm
      Yeah? Mental, I'm Scottish and I just don't hear it myself.

That's probably why then. I've heard people saying that certain American actors sound English before and thought 'do they F**k'.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3499: Oct 31, 2012 08:53:23 pm
      I think that's it.

To a Scottish person he probably doesn't sound Scottish but to someone who isn't too familiar with the accent of where Brendan is from then some words might lead you to think he sounds Scottish.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3500: Oct 31, 2012 10:22:39 pm
      Brendan Rodgers tells LFCtv that he thought best team won tonight and gave credit to Swansea. He's disappointed with the Reds performance.

Weren't we all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3501: Oct 31, 2012 10:25:16 pm
      I have no reason for what I'm about to say and it has nothing to do with what Rodgers is trying to do or neither do I want it to happen, its just sometimes I get these little hunches and when I do, they are normally right.

Said to my business partner before a ball was kicked last season that Kenny wouldn't be in charge for the next.

Head on the block here:

Brendan Rodgers will not be the Liverpool manager this time next year.

There I said it. No reason, no agenda, just a feeling in my bones.

And no I don't sit around tables in the dark saying "Are you theeerre Sydney, are you theeere?" waiting for Toffee Crisp wrappers to fall from the light shade.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3502: Oct 31, 2012 10:26:32 pm
      Brendan Rodgers tells LFCtv that he thought best team won tonight and gave credit to Swansea. He's disappointed with the Reds performance.

Weren't we all.

Let's hope he conveys that disappointment to the players then.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3503: Oct 31, 2012 10:27:54 pm
      Let's hope he conveys that disappointment to the players then.

Hope so too srs, a proper bollocking they deserve, especially for the first half display.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #3504: Oct 31, 2012 10:28:22 pm

And no I don't sit around tables in the dark saying "Are you theeerre Sydney, are you theeere?" waiting for Toffee Crisp wrappers to fall from the light shade.

WAHS... :lmao:
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #3505: Oct 31, 2012 10:45:45 pm
      Laudrup has turned Swansea into a better team than the Rogers team his players or should I say the ones he inherited there are still there for the most part and they also showed they are better without Rogers, I don't see this man taking us forward and after tonight I am worried he could struggle getting us up the table and we shall see this season out as nothing more than a mid table team.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3506: Oct 31, 2012 10:58:10 pm
      I have no reason for what I'm about to say and it has nothing to do with what Rodgers is trying to do or neither do I want it to happen, its just sometimes I get these little hunches and when I do, they are normally right.

Said to my business partner before a ball was kicked last season that Kenny wouldn't be in charge for the next.

Head on the block here:

Brendan Rodgers will not be the Liverpool manager this time next year.

There I said it. No reason, no agenda, just a feeling in my bones.

Hold up there for a second tiger.

Remember when Rodgers was appointed you flung sh*t at me because I said people were getting carried away with the tiki taka bollocks and drawing comparisons between Barca and Shanks, and tried to elude that this will be  a work in progress and will take time. You called ma a negative tw*t and questioned the type of fan that I was. Low and behold you are getting these hunches 2 months in to the season..

Anyways on Rodgers 10 points out of a possible 27 and out of a cup the club was defending. We could sit here and blame the owners and Kenny for the signings he made but Rodgers needs to take some responsibliity for his actions too. Tonight he set the team up, picked the players (including his mate Joe) and spent 30 million on 3 players that contributed with 1 goal between them to a side that created plenty of chances even last season but failed to score.

This is not a Rodgers out post by any sorts as I will continue to back him but I don't think tonight that he is entirely blameless.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #3507: Oct 31, 2012 11:16:55 pm
      Hold up there for a second tiger.

Remember when Rodgers was appointed you flung sh*t at me because I said people were getting carried away with the tiki taka bollocks and drawing comparisons between Barca and Shanks, and tried to elude that this will be  a work in progress and will take time. You called ma a negative tw*t and questioned the type of fan that I was. Low and behold you are getting these hunches 2 months in to the season..

On page 31 of this very thread, didn't fling sh*t, didn't question you as a fan so stop crying like a bi*ch lad.

In reference to the post you have just quoted, how on earth that has anything to do with negativity or having a go at Rodgers or Tika Taka I will never know.

How in that post have I stated that anything that has contradicted anything else I said, can't you f**king read mate? Really? I just cannot for the life of me see what you have just got that compares both of those posts.

You been waiting under your rock for five months and then you come back with that. Jesus!

Have another look only this time don't make sh*t up.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43055.msg1287284.html#quickreply

EDIT: tiger.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #3508: Oct 31, 2012 11:32:19 pm
      when Brendan has 2 quality players for EVERY postion it will be time to judge him but right now he is struggling to find a first X1.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #3509: Oct 31, 2012 11:39:12 pm
      Laudrup has turned Swansea into a better team than the Rogers team his players or should I say the ones he inherited there are still there for the most part and they also showed they are better without Rogers, I don't see this man taking us forward and after tonight I am worried he could struggle getting us up the table and we shall see this season out as nothing more than a mid table team.

Thats unfair and unjust. Needs time but also needs to be able to build the squad that HE wants, and not by having to sell before he buys. Lot of young, unexperienced players in that squad aswell as players who are only happy to take the money.

Just get the feeling that he won't get the backing that is required and will end up being a fall guy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3510: Oct 31, 2012 11:41:43 pm
      I do see where you're coming from WAHS.

If FSG aren't bothered about firing a club legend after he wins our first trophy in six yeras then they will find some excuse to dispense of Brendan's services should they feel it neccesary.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3511: Oct 31, 2012 11:57:03 pm
      Anyways on Rodgers 10 points out of a possible 27 and out of a cup the club was defending.
      We could sit here and blame the owners and Kenny for the signings he made but Rodgers needs to take some responsibility for his actions too.
      Tonight
      He set the team up,
      Picked the players (including his mate Joe)
      and
      Spent 30 million on 3 players that contributed with 1 goal between them to a side that created plenty of chances even last season but failed to score.

This.

P.S.   and he knew the Swansea team .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #3512: Nov 01, 2012 12:11:42 am
      Needs to win a trophy this season to get us back into Europe if the club are to generate funds and compete with the best.

Self sufficient and all that from the owners.

I don't see us hitting the dizzy heights for 4th without serious investment.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #3513: Nov 01, 2012 01:05:28 am
      Looking at the team line-up in the game against Swansea, it's pretty obvious that BR is trying to protect the first team players from anymore injuries and he took a gamble but I won't start to blame him, I'd do the same when we have such a thin squad while the season is a long long way to go. It appears that his greatest dissapointment is the players that did not show up in the game. Maybe a few hair dryers will come in handy. More reason when we buy in future we need players to have the qualities of Enrique, non-stop running and ever harassing the opponents and not get bullied and at times he over do it due to his enthuasism, not that I'm complaining. Ok, he may have his moment of weakness but at least he won't stop trying and harassing the opposition for 90 mins, a hallmark of the great Liverpool players of the past.

I'm afraid we'll see the same pattern in the coming months in the FA cup and also the Europa league. Say we excel in both remaining competitions while we slipped into a relegation battle, it's not worth it. BR knows too well, cups do not ensure he keeps his job, the final position in the league do. In all honesty, I won't be angry if we go out of the both competitions but finished among the top four, we simply don't have enough quality players to last the pace. The owners must really back BR, realistically judging from their action so far we can forget about that 25 mil or 30 mil kind of signings. Give him enough money to get 2-quality players of say 15 mil each comes January and another 2-more next season and the squad should get better while the younger players will also get better whileI don't envy BR's job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3514: Nov 01, 2012 01:44:56 am
      What happened to giving the young kids a chance in the cup matches. All people did last week was moan about Rodgers playing Stevie and Luis and Sterling, etc.....

Now they are moaning because he didn't.

It's amazing how this forum can be the most awesome and the stupidest place I have ever come across all in the span of a few hours. Some of the people that post on here really should go get checked out by an shrink because it's likely that you are bi-polar.

Never seen the likes of such a group of whiny little sheep mumbling and grumbling moaning about.

Disgusting.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3515: Nov 01, 2012 01:54:02 am
      You know what?

Think about it; If we had just one competition in 'England', (let's call it "the world series" of soccer)... we wouldn't have to 'prioritise' competitions when we are beaten. 
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #3516: Nov 01, 2012 04:17:22 am
      So what? BR out?
      We lost to a good PL team playing good football and scoring lots of goals. If anyone expects us to finish above 6th and win 3 cups,they are just dumb.
      Give him a little time.
      Even pepe guardiola will not be able to win us titles with the squad made by roy and kenny.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #3517: Nov 01, 2012 05:14:44 am
      Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC
      The #LFC manager went on to say it may take two more transfer windows to get the squad where he wants it to be

With the window like we had, it ll be 10 years  ;D

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #3518: Nov 01, 2012 06:37:24 am
      18th January 2005..Burnley away..we lost 1-0 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Bet the ones moaning about Rodgers now are the same who were slagging Rafa off after that game!

Four months later we were champions of Europe.

Get a bit of perspecitve FFS!!!

Quick Reply