Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3065131 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #8257: Feb 14, 2013 07:16:15 pm
      Shows Rodgers that Luis has been indispensable.

Has a "Night Off"  and everything is laid bare.

What was the Joe Allen idea?    Who is he ?   

I dont know ... so much a "non Liverpool" player that I have ever seen.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #8258: Feb 14, 2013 07:20:09 pm
      I don't mate.

I think the midfield was over run too easily and again there was little cohesion between defense, midfield and attack and I also think Sterling was the wrong selection and think Borini should have started just to keep it tight and bring Raheem on closer to the end.
      Actually, I did mention at half time to my brother when they discussed that, that that's what happens when you go with a midfield three, with no one player holding in front of the defence. Sterling and Downing never really got into the game, if that was tactics or just poor performances I don't know.

Ultimately though, our weak mentality shone through when that first went in and we just collapsed after what up to that point had been a decent 2nd half with us looking the more likely to score. Won't pin the blame on Rodgers for this one though, because if we had taken our chances we would be having a completely different conversation right now.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #8259: Feb 14, 2013 07:35:03 pm
      Bottom line: tonight there was not enough fight and aggression in the team which was exemplified by the lightweight Joe Allen!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8260: Feb 14, 2013 07:39:44 pm
      Pulled this off the KOP:

At the moment I would say YES.

We're 29 points of the leaders, and 8 off CL place with only 12 games to play.

Rodgers is a tactical pygmy in the Premier league and has been outclassed by Managers from lower divisions (OLDHAM) and 'new managers like Steve Clarke.

Saying give him time is NOT the answer.

West Brom new manager are above us.

Swansea.. New manager are above us,

so why should it be different for Rodgers who inherited a better squad than both the other two teams mentioned.

He complains that we are a 'thin' squad but 1/3 of the players from last seasons tyeam photo HE has got rid of, so the 'thin' squad is down to him.

He brought on two lightweight players + Countinho (untried) on Monday and took off the three guys who were getting into West Brom and causing them problems, the result was we lacked penetration in attack They scored twice to stuff us at home.

Rodgers does NOT know his best team, or who to bring on to change things, he doesn't play horses for courses, eg Stirling/ Allen against Oldham when he SHOULD have known it would be physical and they get pushed off the ball too easily anyway.

He knows there is something wrong but doesn't know what it is or how to fix it.

He is MIDTABLE manager.

We are a TOP TABLE team or should be.

He should get the same treatment Kenny got

No more... No less.

We owd Kenny for what he has brought to Liverpool.

We owe Rodgers nothing.. so why 'give him time' when Kenny clearly didn't get it.

Now I don't think things are going well....only a blind person would think that; however that line that I bold'd is a prevailing sentiment with a large segment of the supporters.

What is translates to is "I am pissed Kenny got fired so I have no time for Brendan "or perhaps for anybody else" because I am still mad about Kenny"

Angry at the gaffer for results fair enough but there is something more too this.

We all knew that without 100m+ from FSG that the season was going to be transitional and we all said that he needed a minimum of 2-3 years and that FSG needed to support and show patience because it was not going to turn overnight now was it?

Just find it interesting how so many laugh at the merry-go-round that is Chelsea but can't see that we are beginning to act just like they do.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8261: Feb 14, 2013 07:40:27 pm
      Blame FSG for how mediocre we are, not Rodgers for taking the job.

Is spot on Barnesy lad. In fact I might F**k off to the owners thread for a scrap.

Who wants it?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #8262: Feb 14, 2013 07:49:38 pm
      What is translates to is "I am pissed Kenny got fired so I have no time for Brendan "or perhaps for anybody else" because I am still mad about Kenny"

Angry at the gaffer for results fair enough but there is something more too this.
      This is exactly what I was trying to get at, but you put it much better than I did

I'm starting to think Rodgers is on his way out because he's just not being fully accepted by the Liverpool fans. It really is starting to feel like the writing's on the wall.

It wasn't fair KK was sacked, and because of that, it made any possible manager's job twice as hard
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #8263: Feb 14, 2013 07:52:42 pm
      Wont him to stay, wont to go its irrelevant what i see is a team set up to play a passing from the back game on a awful pitch absolute madness even Barcelona would get rid on it.

Players playing who our clearly out of form(Skrtel, Allen, Stirling)

No consistency worse than last year.

Lack of a plan B.

A salesman like manager who is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with his long term objectives about the group.

I will support are manager as much as the next man but feel his arrogance will cost us ie :losing Suarez

rant over

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #8264: Feb 14, 2013 07:53:33 pm
      It wasn't fair KK was sacked, and because of that, it made any possible manager's job twice as hard

FSG should take the blame for that mate.

One thing I'll add though is if the current manager didn't keep feeding us bullshit about long term projects, needing time , miracles etc and actually sent teams out to win football matches he would get all the time in the world.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8265: Feb 14, 2013 07:56:25 pm
      FSG should take the blame for that mate.

One thing I'll add though is if the current manager didn't keep feeding us bullshit about long term projects, needing time , miracles etc and actually sent teams out to win football matches he would get all the time in the world.

Si what team would you of sent out tonight to win it?...What great players were left wasting on the bench that would have changed our fortunes? 
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #8266: Feb 14, 2013 07:57:18 pm
      BR will defend FSG his signings Sturridge apart have been awful i losing confidence in him.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #8267: Feb 14, 2013 07:59:04 pm
      Do you not think its not the players,its the tactics that the manager gives them when they are not up to it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #8268: Feb 14, 2013 07:59:54 pm
      Si what team would you of sent out tonight to win it?...What great players were left wasting on the bench that would have changed our fortunes? 

I've already posted who I thought should have played tonight mate but it's irrelevant as I'm not the manager and getting paid to do it.

More a general point about the lack of ambition by FSG and the man they appointed as I can see this season drifting away and a mid table finish being the best we can hope for.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8269: Feb 14, 2013 08:01:46 pm
      I've already posted who I thought should have played tonight mate but it's irrelevant as I'm not the manager and getting paid to do it.

More a general point about the lack of ambition by FSG and the man they appointed as I can see this season drifting away and a mid table finish being the best we can hope for.

I don't disagree, I think we will finish 3-6 points better in the league then we did last year. That is/was the prediction of many in the pre-season thread iirc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #8270: Feb 14, 2013 08:03:58 pm
      I don't disagree, I think we will finish 3-6 points better in the league then we did last year. That is/was the prediction of many in the pre-season thread iirc.

You think we will get 8 wins from the remaining 12 fixtures then?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8271: Feb 14, 2013 08:08:59 pm
      To be honest, tonight hasn't told me anything I didn't already know. We have out of form players, we have some mentality issues, the jury is out on some players and Brendan's tactics? Sometimes it looks great and sometimes it looks sh*te.

All in all that has got us to 9th in the league at present (I think, scared to look) and out of both domestic cups and on the brink of going out of Europe.

Serious questions time: If we are exactly the same this time next year do we persevere? Some people seem to be f**king made up with the way we're going here so I ask: At what point do we become unhappy with this type of form if it does go on? Some people seem to really believe that Rodgers should get three years minimum no matter what, so I'm curious.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8272: Feb 14, 2013 08:10:17 pm
      You think we will get 8 wins from the remaining 12 fixtures then?

We need 16 points out of the remaining 12 matches to equal our 52 points of lasts season....19 points/36 to better it....dont think we need to win 8 there Si.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #8273: Feb 14, 2013 08:11:24 pm
      Serious questions time: If we are exactly the same this time next year do we persevre? Some people seem to be f**king made up with the way we're going here so I ask: At what point do we become unhappy with this type of form if it does go on? Some people seem to really believe that Rodgers should get three years minimum no matter what, so I'm curious.

Quite simple for me mate.

NO.

I might be the first to sick my neck out and say that if we in this position this time next year then I'd be looking for a change in manager.

And honestly it wouldn't even take that long as after 10 games or so next season we'd have a fair idea where we are going.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #8274: Feb 14, 2013 08:12:16 pm
      At what point do we become unhappy with this type of form if it does go on
      December 2013 . if it's still the same the club need to be looking for a replacement .
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8275: Feb 14, 2013 08:12:23 pm
      To be honest, tonight hasn't told me anything I didn't already know. We have out of form players, we have some mentality issues, the jury is out on some players and Brendan's tactics? Sometimes it looks great and sometimes it looks sh*te.

All in all that has got us to 9th in the league at present (I think, scared to look) and out of both domestic cups and on the brink of going out of Europe.

Serious questions time: If we are exactly the same this time next year do we persevere? Some people seem to be f**king made up with the way we're going here so I ask: At what point do we become unhappy with this type of form if it does go on? Some people seem to really believe that Rodgers should get three years minimum no matter what, so I'm curious.

If we have not improved by the end of next season then it needs to be addressed....I am not one to say Top 4 or get fired but we should be competing better, we should be in the Top 6 battling for a CL spot and we should do better in the cups.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #8276: Feb 14, 2013 08:13:49 pm
      We need 16 points out of the remaining 12 matches to equal our 52 points of lasts season....19 points/36 to better it....dont think we need to win 8 there Si.

My mistake mate.

But still 6 wins and a draw.

Maybe, maybe not but it's not a position I'd be happy with after sacking Kenny last year to 'achieve' that.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #8277: Feb 14, 2013 08:15:05 pm
      This is exactly what I was trying to get at, but you put it much better than I did

I'm starting to think Rodgers is on his way out because he's just not being fully accepted by the Liverpool fans. It really is starting to feel like the writing's on the wall.

Not for me, Rush. I didn't want Kenny sacked but didn't hold his sacking against Rodgers. It's all about results for managers, end of story.   

We have the lowest points at this stage of the season since Souness.
      We're out of both domestic cups already against clubs with far smaller budgets.
      We look to be going out in Europe in the 1st knock out game.
      We're 12 points off 4th with 12 games to go to a Tottenham team who lost Modric and Van der Vaart and got a new manager who got sacked from Chelsea and had less experience in the Premier league than Rodgers.
      We haven't beaten a team above us in the league all season.
      Our new manager spent  £30m of a limited budget on bench players Allen, Borini and Assaidi.
      We  most probably won't be in Europe next season and ergo Suarez might decide to take a big offer to leave.
      Rodger's CV doesn't give us anything to prove he is good enough for the top level, like Benitez's did when he arrived.
      Our defending is noticeably poorer under Rodgers and hasn't improved all season.

I think Rodgers should be given next season, unless things really fall apart from here. Not because I think he will turn out to be good enough for this club, but because we're a proper football club who give people a fair chance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #8278: Feb 14, 2013 08:15:06 pm

I always contended that Brendan should get his 3 years. Of course that's easy to say when you optimistically think things will be progress on schedule. I honestly didn't think we'd be in this position at this point in the season. I am quite surprised at our point total and the fact that we are almost out of every cup competition. I still think Brendan has to have this coming summer but I will be perfectly honest that if we are still hot and cold like this by next Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if a managerial change is made. I don't know if I support that or not, I suppose it depends on who would be coming in to replace him. For the sake of the club I just hope that he gets things turned around and gets our arrow pointed up for good. Hate to think about another manager change and all that would bring.

If Brendan doesn't get it right by a year from now, there may be other serious questions to be asked, like is it time to bust this team up and start again from scratch (or near to it).
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #8279: Feb 14, 2013 08:15:07 pm

good post thing i see is were getting people on here saying some of our fans are like the chavs, difference is there sacking managers and employing managers who have either won things there or elsewere
      Mourinho
      Scolari
      Ancelotte
      Di mateo
      Rafa
      Honest question if we were in for winning managers like the chavs would any of defend BR and say lets keep  him.

Quick Reply