Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3063301 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #22701: Dec 17, 2014 11:54:21 am

Nice

You go on lad, no need for posts like yours to him, he was asking your opinion on something, again whether I think it needed asking isn't the point but rather than answer is you look to be snidey and point score.

No need really

Nor for me to continue it but not sure you should be able to try to make someone look a dick for the sake of it

Whoa there.... Ive liked some of HB posts because i have agreed with them... I’d like anyone’s on here if I agree...

HB hasn’t done anything to me and i believe his post asking you for a reason is fair and reasonable.

he asked "Why exactly do you think (you) are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans?"

Nothing wrong in that... just because he has at taken a neutral standpoint in this one instance doesn’t mean he isnt a red. Re-reading some of his posts, I can see he winds people up, but that doesn’t mean hes not a supporter of our great club..

I havent been on this forum long so maybe I'm way off key with this opinion but everyone seems to gang up on him... it’s hard to watch sometimes...

stop trying to trip him up and answer him... or ignore him... but this constant "ganging up" has got to be knocked on the head

Agree

I've butted heads with HB in the past but like you I see no need for stuff like that.

He can wind people up but he is a red

Anyway not the thread for it..

I just thought it was below the belt and uncalled for.. Anyway no more responses from me on it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22702: Dec 17, 2014 11:57:59 am
      Not even a good attempt really, and I thought better of you than that eurored.

He also said " at the manager when our results are good and sticking the knife in when they're not"

I think he's a decent poster.
      Or, to put it another way, if he didn't have people constantly having a go at him and calling him a wum for not agreeing with one view or another, he wouldn't feel the need to bite back and there would be less arguments around here.

I see a lot of people posting "it's my opinion" and that's fair enough, but then when someone posts a different opinion, they get called a wum or a manc, or whatever the insult de jeur is.

Can't have it both ways.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22703: Dec 17, 2014 12:09:03 pm
      Whatever.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #22704: Dec 17, 2014 12:09:42 pm
      At this stage of the current campaign we would have been better off under Roy Hodgson’s leadership.
      Stopped reading there. What nonsense.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22705: Dec 17, 2014 12:26:47 pm
      I would like the whole LFCREDS   forum to note your slip.

You say :

" Why exactly do you think (you) are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans? "
      [/i]

You are speaking in third party ..... you are classifying me as a Liverpool fan.

Therefore you plainly are not.

Cats out of the bag Hollywood.

You covered it up well but no poster on this forum can be as obnoxious , distasteful , antagonistic and as low life as you .

You start a thread and argue with everyone.
      Your replies nearly number the contributors.

You have just disclosed to be a WUM / Manc or whatever.

Crawl back from where you came from .
      ..and take your Vote Up lap dog mates with you.

;D English not your first language than Euro? It certainly explains your appalling syntax.  ;)

As pointed out above, the meaning is perfectly clear - "you" refers to you personally, or to others like you who have the same views.

Once again, the fact that you spent paragraphs typing out a snidey response but not a single word given to actually answering what is quite a simple question doesn't go unnoticed.

This forum is for discussing differring views regarding our football club. You've made it obvious that you aren't here for that; you are a professional moaner with a massive sense of entitlement who seems to think that taking snidey potshots at the people running our club is the route to success. 

So I'll ask you again, why should you then expect any more success than a fan at any of those other clubs?

Big chance to back up your opnions here Eurored, we're all anxious to hear your reply...  :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #22706: Dec 17, 2014 12:42:58 pm
      An excellent read.

WHY THE RODGERS REIGN SHOULD COME TO AN END.

To sum up, why should Brendan Rogers deserve more time than Kenny Dalglish got to put things right? Has he earned it? He hasn’t won anything?. If he was replaced now by “the right replacement” how much harm would this inflict on our current situation? Are we rock bottom yet? The way I see it is unfortunately we are going from bad to worse. I do respect the fans positivity towards Brendan but the fans don’t deserve waiting serval years for our champions league return and by December having to make do with the Europe Leauge.
      Written by @anfieldeurope
      http://www.anfieldhq.com/rodgers-reign-come-end/

Kenny Dalglish given the bullet by FSG, helped on his way by some undermining from Damian Comolli appointed by FSG.
      Brendan Rodgers appointed by FSG, puppeteer arrangement By Ian Ayres compliments of FSG.

''Why should Rodgers deserve more time than blah blah blah''.
      F***ing ridiculous article. 

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22707: Dec 17, 2014 12:43:12 pm
      Back on topic...

Its obvious thing to say, but I hope Brendan survives the next couple of weeks. if Im honest if we lose tonight, he's hanging by a thread and then to get nothing at Arsenal, I think FSG will relieve him of his duties.

We need to do what Utd have done this season. Go back to basics. Bring in a keeper; that’s the defence strengthened.
      Then get a striker to support Daniel and.... Go all out and hit teams!

We did last year and nearly won the league and as I say Van Gaal is doing too, albeit to a lesser degree than us last season.

Outscore them... its crude but what else do we have mid-season?
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2014 01:04:39 pm by JustMingle »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22708: Dec 17, 2014 01:28:29 pm
      Kenny Dalglish given the bullet by FSG, helped on his way by some undermining from Damian Comolli appointed by FSG.
      Brendan Rodgers appointed by FSG, puppeteer arrangement By Ian Ayres compliments of FSG.

So if Im getting this right, FSG appointed KK as interim manager, then gave him a full time contract, but also at the same time hired someone to undermine him so that they could sack him in the summer (and never mind that results were sh*t), AND gave him a shitload of money to spend at the same time as undermining him, just so that they could also sack the bloke they brought in to undermine him, so that they could hire a puppet manager who they could then undermine via Ayres?

That makes sense.
       ???
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #22709: Dec 17, 2014 01:44:36 pm
      So if Im getting this right, FSG appointed KK as interim manager, then gave him a full time contract, but also at the same time hired someone to undermine him so that they could sack him in the summer (and never mind that results were sh*t), AND gave him a shitload of money to spend at the same time as undermining him, just so that they could also sack the bloke they brought in to undermine him, so that they could hire a puppet manager who they could then undermine via Ayres?

That makes sense.
       ???

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a9_1418597457

;)  :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,630 posts | 7146 
      Reply #22710: Dec 17, 2014 02:40:01 pm

I thought Kenny was sacked because he wasn't on message with the corporate structure of the club. He was his own man and had his own thoughts and that didn't fit with FSG. They wanted in a word a Brendan .
      All the other stuff about Luis and performance and signings was all bollox.
      Now its Brendans turn to watch his back.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #22711: Dec 17, 2014 02:47:28 pm

That makes sense.
       ???

Sounds like the type of sh*t you would have seen on WWF Raw in the 90's.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #22712: Dec 17, 2014 02:54:50 pm

Im presuming that was tongue in cheek Shabs..

Perhaps the biggest crock of sh*te article I've ever seen on here, and there's been a few.

"At this stage of the current campaign we would have been better off under Roy Hodgson’s leadership."

Kin'ell.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #22713: Dec 17, 2014 03:04:22 pm
      So if Im getting this right, FSG appointed KK as interim manager, then gave him a full time contract, but also at the same time hired someone to undermine him so that they could sack him in the summer (and never mind that results were sh*t)

The get out for FSG is they were affected by the clamour and their lack of nous in the soccer arena and all that entails.
      Their astonishment at KD's love and commitment for LFC and a his wish to do whatever he could to better the standing of the club while being greatly admired by the supporters, was looked upon as something of a hindrance to the economic moderation and budget requirements of JWH.
      A way had to be found of ushering our man out with as little implied hostility as possible to assuage the supporters hero worship.
      Enter Mr Spanner in the Works Comolli.
      At a later date of course the obligatory statement would be forthcoming about none specific mistakes being made and Kenny Dalglish once more serving the club he loves.

AND gave him a shitload of money to spend at the same time as undermining him, just so that they could also sack the bloke they brought in to undermine him, so that they could hire a puppet manager who they could then undermine via Ayres?

That makes sense.
       ???

The shitload of money was used to sign players such as Carroll, pinpointed by Comolli and signed on his say so.
      The last and only big signing by FSG, the smell of fish in that deal is intoxicating.
      That allowed them to sign a man of their choosing who was not as, shall we say as single minded as Kenny Dalglish and open to suggestion - step forward deputy Ian Ayre.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22714: Dec 17, 2014 03:14:19 pm
      oh my days.

Never in my life have I read such convoluted, paranoid rubbish.

Bottom line: he told them he could do the job, he came up short and told them to back him or sack him.
      Almost as bad is the attempt to re-write history with all failures being Commoli signings, and all good ones KK's signings, this despite the fact that KK was the one who chased Carroll: "Can we get him? I'd love him here".
      Not to mention the highly embarrassing pursuit of charlie "love handles" Adam, a player so unfit that he couldn't last a match.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22715: Dec 17, 2014 03:33:36 pm
      Don't know how true it is, but a good mate from mine down Liverpool says we are monitoring Sami Hypiia's situation at Brighton in the hope of bringing him in as a coach to work with our defenders and defensive organisation.

Any one else hearing anything ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #22716: Dec 17, 2014 03:33:48 pm
      oh my days.

Bottom line: he told them he could do the job, he came up short and told them to back him or sack him.
      Almost as bad is the attempt to re-write history with all failures being Commoli signings, and all good ones KK's signings, this despite the fact that KK was the one who chased Carroll: "Can we get him? I'd love him here".
      Not to mention the highly embarrassing pursuit of charlie "love handles" Adam, a player so unfit that he couldn't last a match.

So why the none specific statement from FSG about making mistakes and the subsequent call back to Dalglish?
      Convoluted paranoia?
      There isn't a football manager on the planet who doesn't make the occasional mistake.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22717: Dec 17, 2014 03:43:44 pm
      He's no longer the manager.
      Get over it and move on instead of turning everything into some weird conspiracy theory.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #22718: Dec 17, 2014 04:06:15 pm
      He's no longer the manager.
      Get over it and move on instead of turning everything into some weird conspiracy theory.

Why do you allude to paranoia, conspiracy theories and love-ins at the mention of Kenny Dalglish?
      FSG as good as admitted they misjudged the situation and re-employed the man, yet you in your wisdom damn anyone that dares suggest there was an error made.
      The majority of your contributions are balanced and thought out comment, why the turnaround?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22719: Dec 17, 2014 04:07:58 pm
      Win today we are in a semi final. Win at weekend we claw some points back from Arsenal. This has been said many times but the next few games are vital. Win them and we start looking forward with a transfer window and a class striker closer to fitness. Lose them and it could be all over for him and he might be facing a Christmas off!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22720: Dec 17, 2014 05:07:46 pm
      oh my days.

Have you got him on ignore? There's plenty more where that came from :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,630 posts | 7146 
      Reply #22721: Dec 17, 2014 05:10:41 pm

oh I forgot about your little buddy
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22722: Dec 17, 2014 05:12:50 pm
      Why do you allude to paranoia, conspiracy theories and love-ins at the mention of Kenny Dalglish?
      FSG as good as admitted they misjudged the situation and re-employed the man, yet you in your wisdom damn anyone that dares suggest there was an error made.
      The majority of your contributions are balanced and thought out comment, why the turnaround?

FSG wanted KK back at the club, but not in the position of manager.
      That's the bottom line.

All the rest of the stuff you posted about comolli being brought in to undermine KK is just plain odd.
      Comolli was in his new position as Director of Football Strategy before KK even came back (to the managers job) so how could he have been brought in to undermine him?
      The signings that KK made were all his, and he is on record confirming this so how did comolli undermine him in that regard?
      Not only that, but KK was offered a contract after he had initially done well, so again, this undermining theme just doesn't stack up.

Then today you move onto BR and claim he is some kind of puppet.
      This is barely a week after you were calling georgered a wum, a manc and all sorts of other things for wanting BR gone.
      Now I have to say I don't agree with georgered or whatever his name is, but he has been consistent in what he says about BR, and is entitled to his opinion, and now it appears that in saying FSG are puppeteers pulling BR's strings you are agreeing with him.

It's nothing personal, I just can't make sense of these theories you come out with, and then the apparent change from defending BR to the hilt, to saying he is a puppet manipulated by FSG?
      Can you honestly not see the problem here?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22723: Dec 17, 2014 05:16:17 pm

He's a true red, I know that much.
      But as above, all this FSG undermining KK just doesn't make any sense to me.
      It doesn't add up in any way at all that I can see.

Quick Reply