Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3061995 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #22862: Dec 21, 2014 06:13:32 pm
      I said at the beginning of the season and whilst we've been struggling that I expected a season of ups and downs whilst we bedded new players in but expected to see the pieces falling into place around January, in my opinion were seeing that now, that's why I've not once called for Rodgers to be sacked, looking at his brief tenure, his summer transfer dealings and impact on the squad/results have followed the same trend.

Always had confidence he'd turn this around, granted its been worse than I envisaged, but then I didn't envisage Sturridge being out for most of the Season and Balotelli being a bit of a disaster so far, just hope he and Sturridge can now form a good partnership when they both return as create as many chances as we have today and the results will sharp start going our way.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22863: Dec 21, 2014 06:14:06 pm
      No one can dispute that the mnager has showed courage there. Team under severe pressure and his job on teh line and he has switched to a completely new formation and matched United and Arsenal in terms of performance - even if we haven't got the reslst we wanted.

No doubt the usual suspects will be back with their snidey potshots though.

Think that's fair. Will say that it was high time he did it but definitely deserves the credit attached with doing it though.

The formation we're now playing will see us make massive progress in the league. Throw a Studge in there and yes our point per game will go up massively but I do feel it might just be that bit late to take aim at top 4. Top 6 though definitely and before the games against United / Bournemouth / Arsenal I'd have seen even that as a struggle.

Well in Brendan and I'd love to know what Borini said on the way off the pitch.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #22864: Dec 21, 2014 06:17:36 pm
      It is not hes fault why we have fools in our team,he brings on a fresh striker in hope he will do something good foor the team and that fool gets two yellow cards in five minutes,thats players fault,to me BR did the job today against the Arsenal.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #22865: Dec 21, 2014 06:23:04 pm
      Agree the manager must be F***ing sick after that - he outwitted winger today. He hasn't done that a lot this season though.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #22866: Dec 21, 2014 06:24:24 pm
      Get a grip.  When Sturridge is back, and if FSG will invest in a GK and a decent striker we will be on the move again.  No reason why we can't finish top 4, but we need to start believing.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22867: Dec 21, 2014 06:25:10 pm
      Think that's fair. Will say that it was high time he did it but definitely deserves the credit attached with doing it though.

The formation we're now playing will see us make massive progress in the league. Throw a Studge in there and yes our point per game will go up massively but I do feel it might just be that bit late to take aim at top 4. Top 6 though definitely and before the games against United / Bournemouth / Arsenal I'd have seen even that as a struggle.

Well in Brendan and I'd love to know what Borini said on the way off the pitch.

Im not writing 4th off yet. Arsenal look weak, United have had incredible fortune during tehir run even though their confidence is growing. Can'tsay Spurs have looked much better than us.

String three or four wins together and we are right back in the mix.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #22868: Dec 21, 2014 06:35:35 pm
      Well it was nice to see Rodgers get the tactics spot on today, just a shame he has a right bunch of bellends playing for him.

Why the f**k you always keep on abusing the players. Right bunch of bellends you say. The same bellends who kept on trying till the last minute, showed desire to win the game even with 10 players. It was not the players fault that there were no proper strikers in the team.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #22869: Dec 21, 2014 06:52:54 pm
      Well done Brendan for the team selection but please sort out the defence. All your good work will go to waste if we don.t manage to turn around our defensive blunders.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #22870: Dec 21, 2014 07:39:28 pm
      We murdered them  2-2 well done boys kept going till the end  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Borini have a serious with yourself son bang out off order  :mad:

YNWA   :-[ :-[ :-[
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #22871: Dec 21, 2014 07:39:54 pm

String three or four wins together and we are right back in the mix.

You make it sound so easy. Until Sturridge returns I think we will draw more games than win. We could be 15 points off 4th by then. It's such a shame we didn't bring in a proven goal scorer over the summer our season could be going so differently.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #22872: Dec 21, 2014 07:45:35 pm
      It's such a shame we didn't bring in a proven goal scorer over the summer our season could be going so differently.
      Would it have solved our problems , Arsenal got Sanchez and it has maybe given them a slight edge on us and they're struggling like us . I'm beginning to think are we cursed .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #22873: Dec 21, 2014 08:19:48 pm
      We have got to do something about defense. It's obvious Rodgers will be looking to bring in a new keeper, I wonder who he has in mind?

Also wonder if he won't be looking for an additional centerback?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22874: Dec 21, 2014 08:22:12 pm
      Good result Mr R.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #22875: Dec 21, 2014 08:39:42 pm
      Question is - quality centre forward or quality centre back?

I'm inclined to go for the forward. Sakho did well today and work can be done defensively but even with a dream team of the worlds greatest coaches we won't suddenly get Lambert, Borini or Balotelli scoring.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #22876: Dec 21, 2014 09:48:31 pm
      hate to sound a bit negative after todays showing. Tactics seemed to be right, but the arse were poor and we still couldn't finis them of.
      My BIG question is, having gone on for so long this season, being pretty bloody dire, and nothing changing until we play the mancs. Then we go with 3 CB'S
      I know BR has used 3 CB's in the past, but very rarely. Has he now had a stroke of genius, or has he just copied Van Gaal because they seem to be getting results even though they are sh*te as well.

It just crossed my mind !    :angel:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22877: Dec 21, 2014 10:12:01 pm
      hate to sound a bit negative after todays showing. Tactics seemed to be right, but the arse were poor and we still couldn't finis them of.
      My BIG question is, having gone on for so long this season, being pretty bloody dire, and nothing changing until we play the mancs. Then we go with 3 CB'S
      I know BR has used 3 CB's in the past, but very rarely. Has he now had a stroke of genius, or has he just copied Van Gaal because they seem to be getting results even though they are sh*te as well.

The three at the back worked well for us for a while last season, I think Brendan is just giving it another go.
      Man U wouldn't be a team many managers would use for tactics stealing, if they weren't so strong in attack, they'd be screwed.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22878: Dec 21, 2014 10:24:42 pm

Harsh that

We used 3 at the back last season, it went ok, it was Brendan's first thought of how to get the two up front in Studge and Suarez... We actually got undone playing it down at Arsenal and he switched again and finally settled on the diamond as that just seemed to suit us at that point and got the two up top

He's gone back to it again in a way to try to find a solution to not having a main no.9 currently

Deserves nothing but credit for it (and not being stubborn and egotistical like some soft lads suggest) certainly doesn't need the stain of suggesting he's simply copying the mancs
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22879: Dec 21, 2014 10:31:33 pm
      Mixed today. Formation, OK. Subs, strange. Taking game on it's merits, should have won really.

Arsenal were poor, they were there for the taking - so to go 2-1 down was frustrating. Skyrtel after mistake for 1st, made up for it though at end with a bullet header (11 men and they didn't have a guy on the post ! - we're not the only ones with defensive troubles)

Jones imo not making any crucial saves. Might be a bit harsh today - but a shot side-footed straight at him would expect him to do bit better.

And would not (ever) have brought Borini on - would probably have brought off Lucas for Moreno and pushed Markovic on. Lambert worth a punt as he can hold up the ball, though didn't do great. Sadly was slim pickins on the bench today.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22880: Dec 22, 2014 12:07:56 am
      Anyone else noticed how after the last two matches, those who have been slaughtering Rodgers all season are suddenly no where to be seen in this thread?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #22881: Dec 22, 2014 12:25:10 am
      Anyone else noticed how after the last two matches, those who have been slaughtering Rodgers all season are suddenly no where to be seen in this thread?

So predictable it's embarrassing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22882: Dec 22, 2014 05:31:05 am
      has he just copied Van Gaal because they seem to be getting results even though they are sh*te as well.
      Question asked.

I know BR has used 3 CB's in the past
      And... question answered.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22883: Dec 22, 2014 06:37:20 am

The obvious answer for Brendan Rodgers is to continually field a team that can go out and win matches and he will not get slaughtered.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22884: Dec 22, 2014 06:52:17 am
      The obvious answer for Brendan Rodgers is to continually field a team that can go out and win matches and he will not get slaughtered.

Wish it was that simple, some will slaughter him anyway..

Win all the games in the world and he'd still fill up at the wrong petrol station or use the wrong tooth paste

Quick Reply