Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3065234 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30774: May 26, 2015 01:22:04 am
      Get Balotelli, Sterling, Lovren, Borini, Lambert on f**king eBay

LMFAO

Could you imagine Ian Ayre's comments and rep as a seller, too funny that sh*t +1 for that alone.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 758 
      Reply #30775: May 26, 2015 02:10:41 am
      After the sh*t show and now, the calm after the storm. Im thinking. What if Brendan can turn this around?

• What if we he can do better next season?
        What if we get Benteke for 30 million, Sturridge is fit all season, and Balotelli gets his thumb out his butt and starts performing?
        What if Lovern improves?
        What if Lallana stays fit?
        What if Coutinho keeps killin it, starts playing more centrally like he did last season, we get a great DM?

What if next season is a lot better?

I'm willing to give Brendan a chance.

The other options are slim pickings tbh.

Rafas' going to Real, Ancellotti just got sacked and is going on holiday, Klopp had a season as bad as ours at Dortmund and was going to be sacked anyways. If he had the same season he had with Dortmund with us, people would be talking about #KloppOut

Football is like life. You have difficult times, and you have failures. The hope is you learn from them and move on.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #30776: May 26, 2015 02:14:44 am
      After the sh*t show and now, the calm after the storm. Im thinking. What if Brendan can turn this around?

What if we get Benteke for 30 million, Sturridge is fit all season, and Balotelli gets his thumb out his butt and starts performing?
        What if Lovern improves?
        What if Coutinho keeps killin it, starts playing more centrally like he did last season, we get a great DM?

Rafas' going to Real, Ancellotti just got sacked and is going on holiday, Klopp had a season as bad as ours at Dortmund and was going to be sacked anyways. If he had the same season he had with Dortmund with us, people would be talking about #KloppOut

Football is like life. You have difficult times, and you have failures. The hope is you learn from them and move on.

You lost me at Benteke for 30 million.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30777: May 26, 2015 02:22:54 am

What if Lovern improves?

Hahaha

:D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30778: May 26, 2015 02:36:33 am
      Let's accept it folks, nothing is changing in terms of structure, and FSG's stubbornness will continue to cause destruction. This is only the beginning.

This summers preview: Ian Ayre and Mike Gordon f**k up with yet another fine mess of transfer negotiations.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #30779: May 26, 2015 02:47:45 am
      I'm indifferent at present, occasionally we see him with occasional short term fixes, but his failure to deal with situations, particular the defence for me, in the longer term, have me worried.  Usually I can see and understand the multiple viewpoints and this is no different, excluding the vile personal attacks.  Logic seems useless, and you can twist logic to your own end, seen it many a time on here and in real life, which seems to also cover looking at it emotionally. As someone who doesn't mind having his mind changed by new, verified information, it's come to the point, at present, where you have to wade through so much supposition and twisted logic, that it has just left me almost disinterested, not in the club, just the soap opera around it, after all, their is a reason I don't watch that soap opera tripe on TV as well. 

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015 10:22:10 am by Roddenberry »
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #30780: May 26, 2015 06:08:01 am
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #30781: May 26, 2015 06:10:12 am
      You need to shut the trolls FFS and get a grip.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30782: May 26, 2015 06:13:34 am
      Felt sorry for Roy because he was honest and wasn't a fraud? Preferring him to Brendan?

Oh my god, this is comedy gold.

Comedy gold will be next season when we'll be battling relegation if Brendan remains in charge.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30783: May 26, 2015 06:17:13 am
      As for Klopp, real madrid president Perez said this earlier: 'I hope that next week, we can announce the identity of our new coach'.

Now the way I read that is, we have a manager already, but can't announce that yet, until next week. Now, the German cup final is next weekend. So could this mean that Real are waiting for Klopp to have his final game at Dortmund before announcing him as manager? That's how I read it!

More likely Rafa's last game at Napoli.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #30784: May 26, 2015 06:50:03 am
      The little faith I had left disappeared on Sunday.

With Klopp, Rafa and Ancelotti all available FSG need to be as ruthless as they were when they sacked Kenny.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #30785: May 26, 2015 07:45:01 am
      Suppose you're FSG and Rodgers leaves.

If you could only choose between Klopp or Ancelotti to be our manager next season, who would you pick?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30786: May 26, 2015 07:57:20 am

If you could only choose between Klopp or Ancelotti to be our manager next season, who would you pick?

They've never heard of either
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30787: May 26, 2015 07:59:35 am

I'd approach Ancelotti to be director of football as he wants a year sabbatical from football management so he can go in and have an operation on his back, this would keep his hand and football and give him the time to go and do that without the day to day involvement of football management.

Then I'd approach Klopp for the managers position.

So to answer your question, both.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #30788: May 26, 2015 08:10:41 am
      If the club went down the Director of Football route can think of no better man than Kenny for that role.

And as i'm in dreamland, Klopp as manager and either Carra or Sami as his number two.
      HNLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #30789: May 26, 2015 08:33:45 am
      More likely Rafa's last game at Napoli.

That's a good point, didn't consider that. I also didn't hear Perez say the next manager would speak Spanish, so perhaps it is Rafa. Fair play, it's a job he has always wanted.

I just wish FSG would confirm the position on Rodgers now rather than keeping us all guessing. Sadly, I'm not feeling overly optimistic about this summer or next season. It's a hollow feeling.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #30790: May 26, 2015 08:42:47 am
      Whilst I was on the fence about Rodgers, I've felt a real low since hearing that he'll be given another chance WITH no changes to the current set up.

Keeping Rodgers with a change to structure I could understand, but leaving things just how they are is worrying.

Change is needed.

As for Klopp, real madrid president Perez said this earlier: 'I hope that next week, we can announce the identity of our new coach'.

Now the way I read that is, we have a manager already, but can't announce that yet, until next week. Now, the German cup final is next weekend. So could this mean that Real are waiting for Klopp to have his final game at Dortmund before announcing him as manager? That's how I read it!

Said the coach would be a fluent spanish speaker- so probably Rafa Benitez

Hate to say it but Rodgers has lost the dressing room, this season has been an utter joke from start to finish, and I've lost my enjoyment and enthusiasm towards supporting the reds.

Rodgers must go - if he stay's I'll lose all faith in FSG

Klopp for Manager with Sami Hyypia as his number 2.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30791: May 26, 2015 09:05:33 am
      Rumours FSG likely to stick with Brendan.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30792: May 26, 2015 09:11:36 am
      I'd approach Ancelotti to be director of football as he wants a year sabbatical from football management so he can go in and have an operation on his back, this would keep his hand and football and give him the time to go and do that without the day to day involvement of football management.

Then I'd approach Klopp for the managers position.

So to answer your question, both.

In an ideal world that would be terrific.

But if we go with a DoF i do hope its with the intention of being a long term strategy and the DoF should decide the manager.

Either one of those managers have worked under that system and i would love either one to manage us. Or Rafa.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30793: May 26, 2015 09:14:57 am
      Rafa aint coming, he is 99% sure of the Madrid job.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #30794: May 26, 2015 09:32:24 am
      TBH Rafa deserves better than the manager's job working under the FSG set up. That is the truth to my mind.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30795: May 26, 2015 09:53:22 am
      TBH Rafa deserves better than the manager's job working under the FSG set up. That is the truth to my mind.

He deserves his dream Madrid Job as well.

Gonna be tough, cos I really don't like Madrid, esp. while that little manc tw*t Ronaldo is still there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30796: May 26, 2015 09:59:46 am
      Well he won't have too many worries over player quality, wage or transfer fee constraints so the trophies should come flooding in at Real; right?
       :couch:

Quick Reply